If You had a serious mental health issue, would you be open about it?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Be open about mental illness?

• Yes

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • No

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Controlling dictators choose their behaviors, it's not a mental illness.

Common misconception among some types of Christians. Some are too quick to say something is the devil and see the devil everywhere. But then some are to quick to jump to conclusions like conspiracy theories. Brain damage doesn't equate to demonic possession. And from what I have learned, most mental illness involves physical and therefore chemical problems in the brain. That is why medications work for mental illness.

Isn't it wonderful that we have a God who knows who we are, but also remembers where we came from?
Psalm 87
5 And of Zion it shall be said, This and that man was born in her: and the highest himself shall establish her.

6 The Lord shall count, when he writeth up the people, that this man was born there. Selah.

Yes! Selah! God knows what we go through, and our physical makeup as well. Some illnesses are cause by inadequate chemicals we manufacture as opposed to what a "normal" amount should be. Some of us were brought up feeling inadequate, and this too can become biochemical. (when I was depressed, and hospitalized, I found out that depression, over time, can result in biochemical changes which can be evident in bloodwork, etc. I was shocked)

Some mental diseases are physically manifest. That has nothing to do with the person having them.

For some to equate that with demon possession is almost laughable. These usu are people who have not experienced it personally.

I wouldn't pay any attention to them. God understands, He also made and gives physicians knowledge. therapy is OK, too .

Don't let people get you down. If someone is accusing you of demon possession, time to get some new friends.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Controlling dictators choose their behaviors, it's not a mental illness.

Common misconception among some types of Christians. Some are too quick to say something is the devil and see the devil everywhere. But then some are to quick to jump to conclusions like conspiracy theories. Brain damage doesn't equate to demonic possession. And from what I have learned, most mental illness involves physical and therefore chemical problems in the brain. That is why medications work for mental illness.
I think both things are true in their different cases. That some of us have mental illness, biochemical, physiological, illness. And I think there are those who are demon possessed, and in the grip of evil entities.

I expect there are fallen angels - the princes of this world - that are in league with various world leaders, manipulating them, controlling them.

What about Joseph Biden? He should be ashamed of himself for what he said yesterday. And America should be ashamed of this mentally ill and mentally deficient bogus "president". He has used his office to incite hatred and violence against half of (or more than half) the population of the United States. This is purely demonic, and a great deal of so-called "mental illness" is demonic via demon possession.

Isn't it something how they always seem to come out looking and sounding the same? I read a good quote this morning, that yesterday, the MAGA republicans all stopped being MAGA, and became Ultra-MAGA. How long O Lord??

Much love!

Reactions: Taken and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't it wonderful that we have a God who knows who we are, but also remembers where we came from?
Psalm 87
5 And of Zion it shall be said, This and that man was born in her: and the highest himself shall establish her.

6 The Lord shall count, when he writeth up the people, that this man was born there. Selah.

Yes! Selah! God knows what we go through, and our physical makeup as well. Some illnesses are cause by inadequate chemicals we manufacture as opposed to what a "normal" amount should be. Some of us were brought up feeling inadequate, and this too can become biochemical. (when I was depressed, and hospitalized, I found out that depression, over time, can result in biochemical changes which can be evident in bloodwork, etc. I was shocked)

Some mental diseases are physically manifest. That has nothing to do with the person having them.

For some to equate that with demon possession is almost laughable. These usu are people who have not experienced it personally.

I wouldn't pay any attention them. God understands, He also made and gives physicians knowledge. therapy is OK, too .

Don't let people get you down. If someone is accusing you of demon possession, time to get some new friends.
Thanks Cassandra! That is encouraging. And I don't believe people that have been brought into the Church of Christ and have the Holy Ghost can be possessed. God's spirit cast out devils.

Reactions: Cassandra and marks

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think both things are true in their different cases. That some of us have mental illness, biochemical, physiological, illness. And I think there are those who are demon possessed, and in the grip of evil entities.

I expect there are fallen angels - the princes of this world - that are in league with various world leaders, manipulating them, controlling them.

Isn't it something how they always seem to come out looking and sounding the same? I read a good quote this morning, that yesterday, the MAGA republicans all stopped being MAGA, and became Ultra-MAGA. How long O Lord??

Much love!
Yes I believe that some people are possessed. And they would be habitual sinners perhaps. Doing evil out of controlling spiritual influence. And I know that people that get frontal lobe damage from automobile accidents and cancerous brain tumors become mentally ill also. I also am aware that schizophrenia and depression can be caused from damage to the brain. I read that the first sign one man had of a brain tumor was depression.

Reactions: marks

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which means that you really do not understand mental illness.
Either that or you don't understand God. Remember Enoch111 that God's spirit cast out demons from the soul when God's spirit resides in the Christian:

Mark 3:23-27

King James Version

23 And he called them unto him, and said unto them in parables, How can Satan cast out Satan?

24 And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.

25 And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.

26 And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.

27 No man can enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house.

Reactions: Taken and marks

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I had a serious mental health issue, I would strive to be open about it. Sharing my experience could help reduce stigma and encourage others to seek help, especially by utilizing resources like kokua mental health and wellness. It's important to foster an environment where mental health is discussed openly and supportively.
Are you just here to advertise?

Reactions: TLHKAJ