If You Had the Opportunity...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

How long Angelina because that is a good question fellow kiwi. I have often asked my self 'what is the best way to summarize Christianity'? Or how can one summarize the gospel in just a few words? Because as you seem to intimate, there are opportunities which present themselves but often give no opportunity for follow up, and perhaps only a few minutes to get the message across. For me a daunting challenge...to spring the gospel on strangers without small talk or introductions ...that just aint me. But some do it so looking forward to replies.

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
I explain it by giving good fruit.

Actions will always speak louder than words.

Reactions: Born_Again

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
pom2014 said:

I was thinking something similar. I was going to say, "By being the proof of Christ on Earth". Good answer, Pom.

B

brakelite

95% of Christianity make the gospel more complicated than it needs to be is evident by the plethora of differing opinions on what the 'gospel' actually is. So prepare for a smorgsbord of opinion. Any Christian forum attests to this through the vast array of subjects that are under constant debate and argument. Protestant theology has taken off into so many different directions over the past 400 years little wonder that Revelation describes only 2 churches upon the earth in the last days. One, the remnant who keep the commandments of God and have the faith of Jesus, (the simple version of the gospel) and Babylon, (meaning confusion) reflecting today's 'pick and choose' supermarket that has complicated truth to the point of extinction.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
But what do you do when people say they believe, but don't go to church because of the hipocrisy they rightly see from its members.

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
lforrest said:
But what do you do when people say they believe, but don't go to church because of the hipocrisy they rightly see from its members.
I say good job not going to those heretics.

Then I let them know that church is fellowship.
And there is fellowship when two or more are gathered in the King's name.

So HERE on this forum, is a church.
So at a restaurant when two or more are gathered, THERE is church.

I say leave the heretics and start your OWN church.

B

brakelite

lforrest said:
There has always been a remnant...in Elisha's day...In John the Baptists's day...and there will be a remnant when Jesus comes. But even among them will be found those who don't measure up. There will always be hypocrites. Those who will be crying "Lord, Lord" but not doing the will of their Father. So there will be a remnant of the remnant.That remnant are preparing themselves now. You just need to look for them The Bible describes them well. They are faithful to Jesus and they keep His commandments.
Revelation 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

...and they are preaching this gospel in these last days....

Revelation 14:6 ¶ And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel (take note Angelina) to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

The second and third angels messages are also a part of the everlasting gospel.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I fear it is dangerous just to cut loose from the church as we know it. Despite its flaws, it does have the truth about Jesus and is doing some good. The truth they have is suppressed by unrighteousness, but that doesn't mean it isn't there.

Remember Matthew 23:3.

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
lforrest said:
I fear it is dangerous just to cut loose from the church as we know it. Despite its flaws, it does have the truth about Jesus and is doing some good. The truth they have is suppressed by unrighteousness, but that doesn't mean it isn't there.

Remember Matthew 23:3.
Matthew 7:19 Every tree that does not produce good fruit is cut down and falls into the fire.

They are going to cut down and thrown into the fire, WHY would you want to be in that lot?

Matthew 15:14 “Let them alone. They are blind guides of the blind; but if a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into a pit.”

Leave the church that is in rebellion. We have no fellowship with ones that know the truth and still turn traitor to The King.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
pom2014 said:
I say good job not going to those heretics.

Then I let them know that church is fellowship.
And there is fellowship when two or more are gathered in the King's name.

So HERE on this forum, is a church.
So at a restaurant when two or more are gathered, THERE is church.

I say leave the heretics and start your OWN church.
Pom, we don't always agree but in this case, I agree. I do have a church but I don't talk to anyone other than the pastor because of heretics. My pastor is a good, godly man and I have had numerous conversations about doctrine with him and he is right on. But there are members that are the typical public face of the perceived Christianity. And I always end up arguing with them so I just keep my mouth shut.

B

brakelite

One could find any number of reasons for leaving a church. Doctrine, hypocrisy, no missionary zeal, any or all of the symptoms of the Laodicean church. Bottom line is though I think that the place where we need to be is where God is. If God has left whatever church you are currently patronizing, its time to leave. However, even though your church may be displaying symptoms of dying, but God is still in, it is because He sees hope. If there's hope, there's life. Worthwhile staying and being a part of whatever solution God has in store for your church.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Angelina said:
Would you be able to explain clearly what Christianity is all about? :blink:

Thoughts/comments?
Angelina,

I'd recommend a listen to this 'Two Ways to Live' discussion between Australia's Kel Richards and Phillip Jensen (along with summary points). They wrote a handout that I use regularly as an evangelism tool, Two Ways to Live. It summarises the Christianity and the Gospel simply and beautifully.

Oz

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Born_Again said:
Pom, we don't always agree but in this case, I agree. I do have a church but I don't talk to anyone other than the pastor because of heretics. My pastor is a good, godly man and I have had numerous conversations about doctrine with him and he is right on. But there are members that are the typical public face of the perceived Christianity. And I always end up arguing with them so I just keep my mouth shut.
Are you attending an evangelical church? What are the doctrines of these people you label as 'heretics'?

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
OzSpen said:
Are you attending an evangelical church? What are the doctrines of these people you label as 'heretics'?
unless the church holds to the following:

Structured as told by Jesus
Teaching what Jesus commanded and not going by church created doctrine
Using the holy spirit as final authority not human
not aligning themselves with the fallen world

Unless they do all of these things they are all heretical.

Currently no denomination of any kind follows these. So one must find home churches or seek out fellowship and keep looking.

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
OzSpen said:

Currently no denomination of any kind follows these. So one must find home churches or seek out fellowship and keep looking.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
pom2014 said:

pom,

You did not answer what I asked at #14, so your response here is a red herring logical fallacy. We can't have a logical discussion when you do this.

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
OzSpen said:
pom,

You did not answer what I asked at #14, so your response here is a red herring logical fallacy. We can't have a logical discussion when you do this.
READ CAREFULLY.

THERE ARE NO DENOMINATIONS, evangelical or otherwise, THAT FOLLOW THE KING AS THE KING SAID.

NO NOT ONE.

They are ALL in full blown rebellion and heresy.

If you would like we could go through your own church to litmus test it against what the King said.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
pom2014 said:
READ CAREFULLY.

THERE ARE NO DENOMINATIONS, evangelical or otherwise, THAT FOLLOW THE KING AS THE KING SAID.

NO NOT ONE.

They are ALL in full blown rebellion and heresy.

If you would like we could go through your own church to litmus test it against what the King said.
You still are not answering what I asked at #14. You've given another red herring fallacy.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It amazes me how quickly this topic has gone off track.
2a95egg.gif

If you'd like to discuss another topic please feel free to do so...however, the O/P was ~

If you had the opportunity, would you be able to explain clearly what Christianity is all about?