If you think that God does not want any woman to be a pastor today, then bet on it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Let proposition P1 = God does not want any woman to be a pastor today.
P2 = God allows some women to be pastors today.

Between 0 and 10, how much weight do you put on each of the above propositions? The stronger your belief in a proposition, the higher the weight.

Are you willing to bet based on your weighting scheme?

This is not a lotto/gambling bet. This is a bet to mathematically and scientifically measure the strength of your belief. Put money where your mouth is. I am interested in finding out the strength of your belief mathematically. See Subjective (Bayesian) Probability.

You can say you are 100% sure the earth is flat. Words are cheap unless you are willing to bet on it.

Please note that this OP is NOT about whether or not you think God allows women to be pastors. It assumes that you don't think that.

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Between 0 and 10, how much weight do you put on each of the above propositions? The stronger your belief in a proposition, the higher the weight.

This is not a lotto/gambling bet. This is a bet to mathematically and scientifically measure the strength of your belief. Put money where your mouth is. I am interested in finding out the strength of your belief mathematically. See Subjective (Bayesian) Probability.

You can say you are 100% sure the earth is flat. Words are cheap unless you are willing to bet on it.
I put a 10 on both!

God forbids women pastors, but allows them. The women who pastor are in disobedience, so even if they do a great job of pastoring, they will receive nor rewards for it.

Jim C

Sep 5, 2023
Lynnwood
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I put a 10 on both!

God forbids women pastors, but allows them. The women who pastor are in disobedience, so even if they do a great job of pastoring, they will receive nor rewards for it.
Not only that, but the churches who allow it are also in disobedience and should be avoided.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Jim C

Sep 5, 2023
Lynnwood
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll bet the house, the farm and every penny I have that women pastors go against scripture.

1 Timothy 3:2-7

2 Now the overseer is to be above reproach, faithful to his wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, 3 not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. 4 He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him, and he must do so in a manner worthy of full[a] respect. 5 (If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God’s church?) 6 He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil. 7 He must also have a good reputation with outsiders, so that he will not fall into disgrace and into the devil’s trap.

Women are clearly not in view in these qualifications. God's church, God's rules, and He does not require anyone's permission or approval to do things His way.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Paul boasted of the women Apostles in his churches. They would be called pastors today.

When Immanuel said we are all one in Him, segregatorsike race,ethnic identity and gender, disappear. It was those divisions that caused issues in Immanuel's time.

Take the parable of the good Samaratin. Or, how about when Immanuel told the Samaratin woman drawing water at the well who he was.

Jews had nothing to do with Samaritans. Yet,there was our Immanuel telling a woman of that tribe he would give her living water.

Now,we think God would never call a woman to deliver his message? Because of her sex? Nonsense.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I put a 10 on both!

Ok....
That's kinda talking out both sides of your mouth at once.

How about this:
Women pastors are a warning from God that the spiritual state of her congregants are infantile and childish at best.

The Woman pastor is not in sin by being called nor is she sinning by shepherding the flock. She does get rewards for answering the call by God and fulfilling God's will.

However, there are some penalties due for the corporate sin and individual sin of the Pastors that led the flock into such a condition. And there are "personalities " that "just have to be in charge" whether qualified and capable or not. So where I can agree that some women (and men) just get too full of themselves....men should lead when there's an obvious opportunity to do so.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok....

How about this:
Women pastors are a warning from God that the spiritual state of her congregants are infantile and childish at best.

The Woman pastor is not in sin by being called nor is she sinning by shepherding the flock. She does get rewards for answering the call by God and fulfilling God's will.

However, there are some penalties due for the corporate sin and individual sin of the Pastors that led the flock into such a condition. And there are "personalities " that "just have to be in charge" whether qualified and capable or not. So where I can agree that some women (and men) just get too full of themselves....men should lead when there's an obvious opportunity to do so.
Yeah, we can all agree Adam was a great example of that leadership.

And after he ate of the fruit when God asked about that transgression, Adam blamed Eve! Rather than being a great example of leadership and admitting his responsibility.

It was by one man,Adam, that sin entered the world.
Even when it was Eve who ate of the fruit first.

The balance of your post needs support in the scripture.

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Bet taken friend.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now the overseer is to be above reproach, faithful to his wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, 3 not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money.
Now the overseer is 1)to be above reproach 2) faithful to his wife (body) 3) temperate 4) self-controlled 5)respectable 6)hospitable 7) able to teach 8) not given to drunkenness 9) not violent but gentle 10) not quarrelsome 11) not a lover of money

All those describe Christ “faithful” to His body, as the head —The High Priest.
If men fail in one of those then they fail in all being not worthy to teach. Those qualities for “he must” reminds of the virtuous woman qualities—to put that on one person to be either the above “he” or the “who can find a virtuous woman” is to neglect who is Man (The Man) and His body. point is…like the verse a woman’s body belongs to her husband so often the rest of the story is left off and husbands body belongs to the woman. If the passage you quote disqualifies women based on the requirements listed …”he must” …you are saying men who teach fulfill all those requirements? When the flesh is weak but The Spirit (who teaches) is willing.

He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him, and he must do so in a manner worthy of full[a] respect.
Here is another requirement to be able to teach He manages HIs own family well, and see that His children obey him.
—-whose the children in that?
Ephesians 3:14-16 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, [15] Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, [16] That “hewould grant you, according to the riches of “his” glory, to be strengthened with might by “his” Spirit in the inner man;

Can’t stop laughing. It’s not to make fun of you but how much I can relate going around in the past thinking I could be “the virtuous woman” fulfilling all those requirements alone, Lord it was heavy to try to measure up yet failing at every turn. It reminds me so much of men pastors going around thinking they check off all the requirements of Him who is able to teach…above reproach 2) faithful to his wife (body) 3) temperate 4) self-controlled 5)respectable 6)hospitable 7) able to teach 8) not given to drunkenness 9) not violent but gentle 10) not quarrelsome 11) not a lover of money.

God have mercy on us for our high mindedness!

Last edited:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Words are cheap unless you are willing to bet on it.
We don't bet against God's Word. We don't judge God's Word nor test it by some scientific formula. We are to be obedient. As we have seen in other threads, you wrestle with this concept (along with several others).
Your game is cheap and stupid!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not only that, but the churches who allow it are also in disobedience and should be avoided.
Well I can't answer to that. God has used many women in the past to bring forth His Word. Yes most churches that have women pastors have other issues that are far more problematic.

But a woman can be a great preacher! she will not be rewarded but the Word of God will go out in power and accomplish what God wishes it to.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok....

How about this:

You are creating scenarios the Bible does not teach.

Here is the Inspired Word:

1 Timothy 3

King James Version

3 This is a true saying, if a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

1 Timothy 3:1
This is a true saying, if a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.

Titus 1:5-7

King James Version

5 For this cause left I thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed thee:
6 If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly.
7 For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre;

I do not think Jesus meant to include lesbians in this with having only one wife!

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many men are arrogant fools when we claim God has no use for women in the office of pastor.
Such men shoudneve be taken seriously. God calls whom he will to serve. We are all one in Christ.

Sexist Misogynistic miles are not so or they'd not make either God or Paul to fit their image.

Paul praised women Apostles,pastors,in his churches. Then he claims they cannot serve that office in which they served and he praised?
Nonsense.

A man caused sin to enter this world. Yet,women in the mind of some are to blame for all.

Jim C

Sep 5, 2023
Lynnwood
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I can't answer to that. God has used many women in the past to bring forth His Word. Yes most churches that have women pastors have other issues that are far more problematic.

But a woman can be a great preacher! she will not be rewarded but the Word of God will go out in power and accomplish what God wishes it to.
A good preacher, maybe, but definitely a bad example.
A woman who becomes a preacher is going against scripture (unless she is leading an all-women church). She is putting her desires above the Lord's -- which isn't too surprising as we live in a time where arrogance, self-centeredness and lack of humility are celebrated in women.
If one cannot humble themselves before the Lord and accept HiS rules, one cannot be taken seriously as a spokesperson for the Lord - man or woman.