Ignore, not ignore

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a way to ignore threads? For example, I would like to ignore all threads that contain a certain word in their title.
Pretty sure that if you put the person who started the thread on ignore then the whole thread goes …..but obviously so will all their other threads, and some of them may be okay…….

Reactions: marks and L.A.M.B.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I ignore someone, I don’t put them on ignore in settings, I just skip over their posts when I come to them. If I already know they are not going to be saying anything that can help build up my trust, I just scroll past their posts, looking for the ones that might help me.

I have some triggers. I guess we all do. But those triggers don’t make me angry. Mostly they just make me skip the persons posts. My biggest triggers for that are, 1. Trying to control the words I use or don’t use and, 2. Not speaking forthrightly but making suggestions or innuendos or “alluding” to something rather than just openly saying it.
I’m okay with forthright. Im not okay with trying to get me to see something or consider something without being blunt and to the point.
As for trying to control the words I use or don’t use, or telling me to stop using certain words, it’s an even bigger trigger and I will just flee anyone trying to do that to me. I’m fine with being asked what I mean when I use a certain word, but I am seriously, seriously not okay with being told: STOP USING THAT WORD/THOSE WORDS!!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I get continuously harassed and attacked by a member then I eventually put them on ignore. It is especially true for people that don't contribute anything worthwhile to the forum and are still attacking me or harassing me. It is more pleasant an experience if I don't see those people when I browse. And that is especially true for what I consider trolls, but the mods may not consider them trolls. Because I may be tempted to snap at them. Then they can report me and then I get in trouble for something that is their fault. And I don't like to play those games.

Reactions: marks and Pearl

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gladly use the ignore option for ppl that you just cant reach with the word.
The TRUTH will sanctify and set a person free.
John 17:15-18 ( cxt )
V.17. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

If they are either so brainwashed by their cult leaders or so indoctrinated by their corporate religious churches that they refuse the word of God, I just leave them to the HS to prick them with conviction.

Reactions: marks

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I put some other people on ignore some time ago and it would just say "Can't view this post, you have them on ignore".
Since that's what you wanted, be happy. They probably put you on ignore also.:D

Seriously, I have never felt it necessary to put anyone on "Ignore" at any time. Hey, if you want to ignore someone's posts, all you have to do is move on. No big deal.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Seriously, I have never felt it necessary to put anyone on "Ignore" at any time. Hey, if you want to ignore someone's posts, all you have to do is move on. No big deal.
Nope, I have the option of viewing their posts if I want also. That is a feature built into the forums. I like that I can normally ignore them, but if I so choose can also see what they are saying about me behind my back.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let no man , woman or child , IGNORE the glorious gospel of Christ nor all things HE did teach and later the apostels did teach .
FEAST on all of it . AND let all that draws breath raise those hands and praise and thank the glorious Lord .

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I wish you could choose to ignore people just in certain threads.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I wish you could choose to ignore people just in certain threads.

But then you won't see what they're saying about you behind your back..:)
In my 20 years on the message boards i've never ignored anybody because it's more fun straightening them out if they need it..:)

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Whuut? You don’t have to announce it out loud to everyone in a snit fit…?? :D

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think if someone continually stirs up your flesh with their flesh, you need to examine satans tactics, ignore them for now and go to God for help. When He weans you from your flesh, it gets easier and you can remain in peace better.
If someone more often stirs up the Spirit in you, look at their posts.

Reactions: L.A.M.B. and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to think that way too. But lately I've noticed a few members that do what I would say is "Harass" members here. Instead of dealing with harassment by reporting it I just put people on ignore.

I noticed that I couldn't get into any discussions in the debate area without getting harassed by certain members. I was getting attacked every time I left the fellowship areas to enter a normal discussion. And that is just not acceptable for a Christian forum. True Christians behave differently. And I don't really want to have discussions with people that get on the internet to attack others. And there are just so many people that do that.

The only people I put on ignore are people who make character attacks on other members. In my opinion they are trolls.
Ditto that.

Much love!

Reactions: dev553344