I'm 100% responsible for my teaching

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We should try and see the difference between personal opinion and personal interpretation. Yes personal interpretations can differ, since one may see one aspect of an issue more or less clearly than another. But if interpreted while comparing Scripture with Scripture, we should be able to arrive at the proper interpretation.

At the same time when we read in 2 Peter 1:20, "private interpretation" regarding prophecies, it means personal origin rather than divine revelation. False prophets bring prophecies originating within themselves, but true prophets simply bring the words of God to others.
I think you might want to do some checking as to what "prophesy" is, and what "Scripture" is. This verse that I think we all knew you were going to bring up here, has nothing at all to do with the interpretation of Scripture. In fact prophesies given to men are the substance of what many of the Scriptures, themselves, were eventually written about... not the other way around. (I wish I had $10 for every time someone tried to make this erroneous leap.)

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Hello everybody,

"I'm 100% responsible for my teaching"

Was posted by a member on another thread. My respect for that poster has gone up because of that statement.

How many of us realize that this is so for anyone who would lead some of Christ's sheep?

Consider Matt 18:6

Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

Consider then, how careful should we be in posting our own private opinions as Truth...

Peace be with you!

The Greek word that is translated sin in Mathew 18:6 means to to entrap or entice to sin.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
The Greek word that is translated sin in Mathew 18:6 means to to entrap or entice to sin.

it seems to me that most have claimed H/S inspiration, guidance in their input and output - twinc

Reactions: Helen
B

brakelite

While it is true that we are all 100% responsible for teaching error, it must be admitted that if I personally believe an error taught me by someone else, I am also 100% responsible for believing it.
I will also be held responsible for rejecting what I am told if it is truth. Hence we are ultimately called to stand on our own before the judgement seat of Christ. We will not have the church to hold our hand and say, "don't blame him, we taught him wrong"; Christ will not cast blame upon anyone else if we are hear the words "I didn't know you". Nor can we blame the church if we are found to be in error.
God has given everyone the opportunity to know Him, and the means by which we may discern truth. The more truth we learn, the more responsibility we will have to live up to that truth. If we understand all mysteries and have no love, we are nothing. If we do not understand all mysteries, and refuse to seek further, what talents we have will be given to someone else. If we place all our trust in an institution or a teacher or a favourite philosopher we will be held responsible if they are wrong. And finally, if we are ignorant or uneducated in any matter, and have the means at our disposal to discover knowledge and understanding, and to discern truth from error, but refuse to take what steps are necessary to learn the truth, we will be held responsible for our own wilful ignorance.
Which is why it is so dangerous to judge people by their church membership or lack thereof. Catholics are as capable of sharing wisdom and insight as the next person. Seventh Day Adventists ought not be rejected on the basis of the popular opinion that their church is a "cult". Baptists ought not be turned away because some of the members are fanatics and extremists. Episcopalians should be listened to despite being devoted to ritual. We can all learn from one another. No-one has a handle on all truth.
However, not all roads lead to salvation. Remember the narrow and unpopular way is the true way. It will be the way of the minority. It will be the difficult way, whose travellers will be harried, abused, and considered the dregs of society. When God calls people out of Babylon the Great, away from the wide road of popularity and worldly honour and riches, the final manifestation of Satan's rebellion in the form of the soon to come global religious alliance that opposes the people of God, God says of those He is calling that they are "My people". God has His people in all churches, which is why we must take great care before casting condemnation upon others and naming them 'heretics', "losers", lost, or unreachable.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello everybody,

"I'm 100% responsible for my teaching"

Was posted by a member on another thread. My respect for that poster has gone up because of that statement.

How many of us realize that this is so for anyone who would lead some of Christ's sheep?

Consider Matt 18:6

Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

Consider then, how careful should we be in posting our own private opinions as Truth...

Peace be with you!

So is everyone else responsible.

Even though not everyone is called to be a teacher, at some point in life, most of us will have to or have had done a bit of teaching, most of you around here are older and have had children, and you had a task to raise them up in the ways of the Lord, teach them Godly Christian morals, teach them about Jesus, the Holy Spirit, etc. Letting them run around rampant doesn't work well, so teaching is needed.

We also should share the good news.

Reactions: Truth7t7

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a person is teaching the shed blood on the cross was God's work to pay for the sins of mankind I think they are teaching what God wants them to teach. It is giving all the glory to God's Son, Jesus Christ.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If a person is teaching the shed blood on the cross was God's work to pay for the sins of mankind I think they are teaching what God wants them to teach. It is giving all the glory to God's Son, Jesus Christ.

That sacrifice for the redemption of the world, is proclaimed and held up every day at every Mass, around the world..
In fulfillment of prophecy, Malachi 1:11

For from the rising of the sun, even to its setting, my name is great among the nations; And everywhere they bring sacrifice to my name, and a pure offering; For great is my name among the nations, says the LORD of hosts.

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God.

Peace!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not here to teach

Reactions: Helen

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We each walk alone........together.

Absolutely, Take Moses, a perfect Example of anyone's walk! We walk to find God, but where is He, as we walk we are trying to get closer to God, and this is where Moses come's in! when God told Moses that His end was near, God told Moses to go UP to the Top of Mount Ne'bo!
As believer's we start at the foot of the Mountain, as we come to knowledge we begin to ascend, as we grow we climb even closer, then there are some that we meet part way up, and they have gone as far as they are willing to go, so we leave them to get closer, and as we Ascend further we sometimes meet those that try to stop us, the further we ascend the fewer we meet on the way, and If we finally reach the top I think we will be alone with God, Our Walk is a Personal Walk, as we all strive to be with God! Don't get me wrong, Hopefully WE will all be Together with God as a Family, But our walk is our's.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As believer's we start at the foot of the Mountain, as we come to knowledge we begin to ascend, as we grow we climb even closer, then there are some that we meet part way up, and they have gone as far as they are willing to go, so we leave them to get closer, and as we Ascend further we sometimes meet those that try to stop us, the further we ascend the fewer we meet on the way, and If we finally reach the top I think we will be alone with God, Our Walk is a Personal Walk, as we all strive to be with God! Don't get me wrong, Hopefully WE will all be Together with God as a Family, But our walk is our's.

Amen, this reminds me of The Pilgrims Progress.
Christian walks alone..but sometimes he gets in step with another traveler.
Or was he walks a person comes alongside him and they fellowship 'along the way'. Sometimes they are wise and helpful..but a few times they lead him off the path.
Such is our walk.
Personally , as the days get darker in this world , what we do need is sharp hearing...an ear fully tuned to the Masters voice.
There are so many 'seeming' traveler's on the road to try and lead us off the path. At one point they end up in 'By-Path' Meadow where they soon get lost, trapped in a storm, nearly drowned in a flood, and finally captured by the Giant Despair who takes them to Doubting Castle.

We know that Christian made it safe to The City. :)
But our life can be complicated by sidetracking.
So yes, we all travel the same path, yet alone in wisdom, discernment, and choices. No one can do it for us.
The responsibly is ours, yet we are also our brothers keeper...and his encourager along the way.
Alone, but part of The Body.

hmmm not quite sure how I got here.. :D
I'm rambling on a bit!

Reactions: Truth and Truth7t7

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen, this reminds me of The Pilgrims Progress.
Christian walks alone..but sometimes he gets in step with another traveler.
Or was he walks a person comes alongside him and they fellowship 'along the way'. Sometimes they are wise and helpful..but a few times they lead him off the path.
Such is our walk.
Personally , as the days get darker in this world , what we do need is sharp hearing...an ear fully tuned to the Masters voice.
There are so many 'seeming' traveler's on the road to try and lead us off the path. At one point they end up in 'By-Path' Meadow where they soon get lost, trapped in a storm, nearly drowned in a flood, and finally captured by the Giant Despair who takes them to Doubting Castle.

We know that Christian made it safe to The City. :)
But our life can be complicated by sidetracking.
So yes, we all travel the same path, yet alone in wisdom, discernment, and choices. No one can do it for us.
The responsibly is ours, yet we are also our brothers keeper...and his encourager along the way.
Alone, but part of The Body.

hmmm not quite sure how I got here.. :D
I'm rambling on a bit!

YES WELL SAID, not rambling, just a heart felt response. It is our Heart that Is in Review!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I walk alone, with nobody else
When I walk alone, I prefer to be by myself......