I'm a Christian and I support the legality of same-sex marriage

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1st Timothy 5:20
As for those who persist in sin, rebuke them in the presence of all, so that the rest may stand in fear.

Reactions: K9Buck

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe we should be like the rest of the world and be really really nice to homosexuals...
James 4:4
You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.

Reactions: Philip James

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We carry out the "Great Commission"--share the gospel as we go about our lives. We also support laws and policies that move our society towards God's standards of morality--for the good of our society.

Should it be legal for non-Christians to worship another god?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe we should be like the rest of the world and be really really nice to homosexuals...
You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.
LOL! You mean like the Muslims and Communists? Homosexuality is outlawed in Russia and the predominately Muslim countries.

Reactions: Grailhunter

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1st Timothy 1:9-10
Understanding this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who strike their fathers and mothers, for murderers, the sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine,

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I support freedom and personal choice. I do not want to live under a theocracy. Therefore, religious doctrine should NOT be used to regulate another's behavior, such as same-sex relations or marriage. I DO support laws that protect being victimized by another. For example, murder, assault, abortion, etc. should be ILLEGAL because they adversely affect an innocent, third-party. Same-sex marriage does not.

Frankly, the government should NOT be in the marriage "business". Why should citizens have to pay a fee to the government to get a marriage license? State governments should get OUT. Then, two consenting, competent adults can get "married" within their private organization and they can tell us everyone they're "married" and we can choose to recognize it or ignore it. Courts can continue to deal with marital issues as they are the arbitrator for all sorts of contracts, including marriage.

As well, I will remind my Christian friends that, God gave us free will to make our own choices. Who are we to restrict another's free will by imposing laws against behavior that doesn't affect us in the slightest? While we're at it, I also believe that prostitution, drug use and gambling should also be legal.
Who's the third party in a murder or an assault? Never was so much complaining heard about marriage licensing fees until it became a part of the argument for same-sex marriage. It's kind of a straw man. God gave us free will to murder, assault, abort, prostitute, use drugs, and gamble, too. What about the double-edged sword of alcohol with all of the jobs that would be lost and crime that would result from prohibition? Unless you feel that alcohol isn't a drug. I'm afraid your argument is a bit inconsistent. It's a rabbit hole.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you asking this? Our Constitution protects all citizens from prejudice regardless of race, religion or gender.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see how this could be legislated, do you?

However, if "worship" involves immoral acts such as human sacrifice, then yes, this practice should be outlawed.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 5:11
Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm not interested in being loved by "the world". For that matter, if I wanted to be popular here on this forum, I would NOT have created this thread.

It seems that, many Christians want to use the power of government to prevent same-sex marriage but, are apathetic about preventing other practices that violate bible scripture.

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not conflating! I don't commit that sin! ;)

Seriously, Jesus defined marriage in that passage, and it didn't involve two people of the same sex.
You are correct, God defined marriage is only between a man and a woman, and Jesus confirmed that this was true!

Matt 19:4-6--...Jesus said, “Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, ‘For this reason A man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate.”

In the beginning, God made Adam and Eve; not Adam and Steve!

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see how this could be legislated, do you?

However, if "worship" involves immoral acts such as human sacrifice, then yes, this practice should be outlawed.

If a community wanted to build a statue of Zeus on public land to be used to worship him, would you oppose it?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems that, many Christians want to use the power of government to prevent same-sex marriage but, are apathetic about preventing other practices that violate bible scripture.

This is an overgeneralization and can't be proved.

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you asking this? Our Constitution protects all citizens from prejudice regardless of race, religion or gender.

It seems that, some of our Christian brothers and sisters want the laws of the U.S. to be based on the bible, rather than on the constitution. Hence, my question.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 3:5-6
Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. On account of these the wrath of God is coming.

Reactions: Philip James