im bored

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
it was authority of Jesus that the Jews questioned.....it is still the authority that many who claim Jesus as their saviour question. They don't trust his judgement!

Reactions: Nancy

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
and it gets worse.....

Luke 17:11-19
Jesus Heals Ten Men With Leprosy
11 Now on his way to Jerusalem, Jesus traveled along the border between Samaria and Galilee. 12 As he was going into a village, ten men who had leprosy met him. They stood at a distance 13 and called out in a loud voice, “Jesus, Master, have pity on us!”

14 When he saw them, he said, “Go, show yourselves to the priests.” And as they went, they were cleansed.

15 One of them, when he saw he was healed, came back, praising God in a loud voice. 16 He threw himself at Jesus’ feet and thanked him—and he was a Samaritan.

17 Jesus asked, “Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine? 18 Has no one returned to give praise to God except this foreigner?” 19 Then he said to him, “Rise and go; your faith has made you well.”

Jesus heals and the majority forget, take it for granted.....even paint him with the brush of the enemy!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
......in the end, they murder him.
Here we have a window into the sophistry of the enemy....his ability to turn those who Jesus healed against him.

You wanna see how close that is? .......Jesus' mates who hung out with him for 3.5 yrs betrayed and forsook him.

To think we are exempt from such treachery plays right into the hand of the enemy!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and it gets worse.....

Luke 17:11-19
Jesus Heals Ten Men With Leprosy
11 Now on his way to Jerusalem, Jesus traveled along the border between Samaria and Galilee. 12 As he was going into a village, ten men who had leprosy met him. They stood at a distance 13 and called out in a loud voice, “Jesus, Master, have pity on us!”

14 When he saw them, he said, “Go, show yourselves to the priests.” And as they went, they were cleansed.

15 One of them, when he saw he was healed, came back, praising God in a loud voice. 16 He threw himself at Jesus’ feet and thanked him—and he was a Samaritan.

17 Jesus asked, “Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine? 18 Has no one returned to give praise to God except this foreigner?” 19 Then he said to him, “Rise and go; your faith has made you well.”

Jesus heals and the majority forget, take it for granted.....even paint him with the brush of the enemy!
Congrats, you've found the red letter 'only' love gospel. Where God has one emotion.

Romans 9:13

King James Version

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Congrats, you've found the red letter 'only' love gospel. Where God has one emotion.

Romans 9:13

King James Version

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
Love cannot and does not play by the rules of hate. If it did, Jesus would have come down from the cross and whipped ar.se. Love is vulnerable to exploitation....a principle the opposition does not understand, nor can it. Hate on the other hand will use any checker on the checker board to achieve its end....it's as slippery as a greased eel.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love cannot and does not play by the rules of hate. If it did, Jesus would have come down from the cross and whipped ar.se. Love is vulnerable to exploitation....a principle the opposition does not understand, nor can it. Hate on the other hand will use any checker on the checker board to achieve its end....it's as slippery as a greased eel.
How about anger?

Psalm 103:8-10

King James Version

8 The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.

9 He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever.

10 He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How about anger?

Psalm 103:8-10

King James Version

8 The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.

9 He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever.

10 He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
You choose the image of God you want to have; you want to believe in.
One will justify violence, domination and control, the other gains the ascendancy through submission, through long-suffering, through self sacrifice.

The first one has in it the seeds of its own destruction, the second the principles of life the which death has no power over.

The ways of the world have no fellowship with the ways of God.

John 18:36
'
Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.”

Reactions: BarneyFife

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I s'pose you classify this as pure beauty?

Psalm 137:9
Happy is the one who seizes your infants
and dashes them against the rocks.
Every thing God does is righteous . And every thing written is for our admontion
so that we lust not after the evil they did . Every word of GOD is pure beauty unto the soul .
Let us be hearers and doers of all things Jesus did teach and later the apostles did .
Embrace the truth of scripture upon the heart . Tie it about thy neck and embrace her .
Cry for wisdom , seek after understanding rather than gold . For the wisdom of GOD
is above the price of all things . Love those bibles too .

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Every thing God does is righteous . And every thing written is for our admontion
so that we lust not after the evil they did . Every word of GOD is pure beauty unto the soul .
Let us be hearers and doers of all things Jesus did teach and later the apostles did .
Embrace the truth of scripture upon the heart . Tie it about thy neck and embrace her .
Cry for wisdom , seek after understanding rather than gold . For the wisdom of GOD
is above the price of all things . Love those bibles too .
When I read stuff like this adc, I don't blame secular society for being suspicious of 'Christians'.....they are liable to 'smash babies against the rocks' and give God the blame.......about as stable as plutonium!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's important to seek God's understanding when reading the Word. It's very dangerous to take one scripture and single it out from it's context, and with it, use it to accuse God, or to discount God's Word.

In context.....

Psalm 137:1-9

[1]By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion.
[2]We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof.
[3]For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion.
[4]How shall we sing the LORD'S song in a strange land?
[5]If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning.
[6]If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy.
[7]Remember, O LORD, the children of Edom in the day of Jerusalem; who said, Rase it, rase it, even to the foundation thereof.
[8]O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us.
[9]Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

This was an imprecatory prayer asking God to render to their captors what had been done to them, their wives, and their children.

Jeremiah 51:24
[24]And I will render unto Babylon and to all the inhabitants of Chaldea all their evil that they have done in Zion in your sight, saith the LORD.

Isaiah 65:6
[6]Behold, it is written before me: I will not keep silence, but will recompense, even recompense into their bosom,

Romans 11:22
[22]Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Romans 12:19
[19]Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some of you know so much about the Midwest, is it typical for men to just do a 180 turn on you?

Like run into you and just straight up turn around like they aren't allowed to walk past you for some weird twisted Twilight Zone world reason

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some of you know so much about the Midwest, is it typical for men to just do a 180 turn on you?

Like run into you and just straight up turn around like they aren't allowed to walk past you for some weird twisted Twilight Zone world reason
Sounds like Coronavirus precautions. If I understand correctly, avoiding the 6' distance or something?

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You must intimidate the hell out of them.

Do you use the same glare you use to get your kids to behave?

Reactions: DuckieLady

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No, that's not typical or normal. lol
I've had cult do that when they saw me at a grocery store. But I don't think it's normal.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like Coronavirus precautions. If I understand correctly, avoiding the 6' distance or something?
Nah, we don't have that here!
You must intimidate the hell out of them.

Do you use the same glare you use to get your kids to behave?
Lol! Maybe?

No, that's not typical or normal. lol
I've had cult do that when they saw me at a grocery store. But I don't think it's normal.
I don't think so either! Maybe they were nervous because I work with them and I'm new. It was just kind of a trip.

Reactions: Lambano and TLHKAJ

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It sounds like they were just checking you out.

Checking out the new girl is a guy thing. They are evaluating your appearance and whether you are approachable. In a few days, you might find some of them actually trying to get to know you.

Last edited:

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It sounds like they were just checking you out.

Checking out the new girl is a guy thing. They are evaluating your appearance and whether you are approachable. In a few days, you might find some of them actually trying to get to know you.
OHHHHHHHHHH.

They haven't figured out I'm only a few years from being 40 then. LOL