im bored

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
by Jesus's own witness we know who the destroyer is......contrary to what people thought and believed.

John 10:10
'The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

The question is, who will we believe?
To solve your confusion you have to understand the workings of Satan, he's a lying murderer. How does he murder? Through temptations.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To solve your confusion you have to understand the workings of Satan, he's a lying murderer. How does he murder? Through temptations.

Great post.
The nature of sin is the same in the Old and New Testament.

“If you do well, will not your countenance be lifted up? And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door; and its desire is for you, but you must master it.” Genesis 4:7

Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You'll all have to forgive me. Sorry for the delay in responses and short replies. I'm worn out. lol

Then I was on an almost 1 1/2 call with my father, with my mother, brother, extra family, and everyone got to speak to each other, faces included, for the first time in years. So that was a huge blessing. Praise God!

Once things slow down a little bit, I'll try to catch up appropriately.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great post.
The nature of sin is the same in the Old and New Testament.

“If you do well, will not your countenance be lifted up? And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door; and its desire is for you, but you must master it.” Genesis 4:7
That's the truth!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You'll all have to forgive me. Sorry for the delay in responses and short replies. I'm worn out. lol

Then I was on an almost 1 1/2 call with my father, with my mother, brother, extra family, and everyone got to speak to each other, faces included, for the first time in years. So that was a huge blessing. Praise God!

Once things slow down a little bit, I'll try to catch up appropriately.
I get worn out just visiting family near me. :(

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There are people that hold onto one verse and disregard all the rest. Keep in mind this is God talking:

Genesis 8:21

King James Version

21 And the Lord smelled a sweet savour; and the Lord said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.
On the mount of transfiguration Moses and Elijah appeared with Jesus. Moses being the representative of the Law and Elijah the representative of the Prophets yet the voice from the cloud said of Jesus 'this is my Son, listen to him'

God's final word is Jesus bar nothing just as the writer of Hebrews states:-

Hebrews 1:1-3
'In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. 3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

We choose who the final authority is. If it is the Law and the Prophets, we oppose God's declaration.......if we choose God's revelation of himself in Jesus, a seismic shift occurs in how we see.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the mount of transfiguration Moses and Elijah appeared with Jesus. Moses being the representative of the Law and Elijah the representative of the Prophets yet the voice from the cloud said of Jesus 'this is my Son, listen to him'

God's final word is Jesus bar nothing just as the writer of Hebrews states:-

Hebrews 1:1-3
'In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. 3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

We choose who the final authority is. If it is the Law and the Prophets, we oppose God's declaration.......if we choose God's revelation of himself in Jesus, a seismic shift occurs in how we see.
They call that being a red letter Christian. Few are and I am not one of them. I make harmony with all of scripture. As prophets receive scripture from the Holy Spirit of God.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They call that being a red letter Christian. Few are and I am not one of them. I make harmony with all of scripture. As prophets receive scripture from the Holy Spirit of God.
ALL SCRIPTURE INDEED . Every Word GOD inspired is pure beauty and should be heeded and learned .
Now let all that draws breath praise the glorious LORD .

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ALL SCRIPTURE INDEED . Every Word GOD inspired is pure beauty and should be heeded and learned .
Now let all that draws breath praise the glorious LORD .

I s'pose you classify this as pure beauty?

Psalm 137:9
Happy is the one who seizes your infants
and dashes them against the rocks.

Reactions: Lambano

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I s'pose you think this is pure beauty?

I think the point God made in scripture is that sometimes it is good to kill and other times it is evil. We are not to kill as Jesus pointed out with "He who is without sin cast the first stone". But God knows when it is 'good' to kill something. He killed his only begotten son and brought him back to life that many, a lot many more could be saved.

Reactions: Grailhunter

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think the point God made in scripture is that sometimes it is good to kill and other times it is evil. We are not to kill as Jesus pointed out with "He who is without sin cast the first stone". But God knows when it is 'good' to kill something. He killed his only begotten son and brought him back to life that many, a lot many more could be saved.
That is a wonderful piece of eisegesis devin. It definitely isn't the God Jesus revealed!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I absolutely refuse to post this one in Farouk’s “Favorite Psalms” thread.

I did find some real pretty graphics for this one on Google, though.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I absolutely refuse to post this one in Farouk’s “Favorite Psalms” thread.

I did find some real pretty graphics for this one on Google, though.
My new favorite Psalm is:
psalm-168-i.jpg

Reactions: Lambano

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God gives life and declares it good.
The devil takes life and declares it good.
Who are we to believe?

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I was in a bad mood one day and was going to post a graphic of 2 Kings 18:27 KJV in the “Inspiring Verses” thread, but I had a rare attack of sanity and decided against it.

Reactions: dev553344

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He killed his only begotten son and brought him back to life that many, a lot many more could be saved.
There is a HUGE DIFFERENCE between "He killed" and "He ALLOWED His only begotten Son to be killed by wicked men". Christ could have stopped His arrest, His trials, and His crucifixion with just one word. But He chose voluntarily to go the the cross and be crucified. Knowing that after He had finished the work of redemption, He would rise again from the dead. What the Father did was to place all our sins and guilt upon Him, so that Jesus could pay the full penalty for the sins of the whole world (as the Lamb of God).

Reactions: amigo de christo

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I was in a bad mood one day and was going to post a graphic of 2 Kings 18:27 KJV in the “Inspiring Verses” thread, but I had a rare attack of sanity and decided against it.
Magical thinking keeps the multitudes in servitude while they clang their pot lids spruking of freedom!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a HUGE DIFFERENCE between "He killed" and "He ALLOWED His only begotten Son to be killed by wicked men". Christ could have stopped His arrest, His trials, and His crucifixion with just one word. But He chose voluntarily to go the the cross and be crucified. Knowing that after He had finished the work of redemption, He would rise again from the dead. What the Father did was to place all our sins and guilt upon Him, so that Jesus could pay the full penalty for the sins of the whole world (as the Lamb of God).

While it's true that he was nailed to the cross by evil men. I also believe what is written that says he laid down his own life:

John 10:17-18

New International Version

17 The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.”

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
While it's true that he was nailed to the cross by evil men. I also believe what is written that says he laid down his own life:

John 10:17-18

New International Version

17 The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.”
there you have the authority!.....will you believe it over and above any others claiming authority?.....even the prophets?