I'm Hungry Right Now, What are you munching On?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Meat has become so expensive here. I can't afford the top cuts anymore...:(
I bought these porterhouse steaks cos they were cheap but they are the worse porterhouse steaks iv ever had. Hard as a rock and tasteless...:(

Meat and petrol makes up the majority of my budget and they have gone up by 30% and they say it's going to rise even more.:(

Meanwhile our wages remain the same as they have for the past 20 years.:(

Anyway I'll finish off this post on a cheerful note... Popcorn anyone? It's buttered...:)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had tuna for dinner. Need the vitamin D rich tuna in my diet. White tuna in the can. Not too delish but it works and I'm busy right now so it was fast too.
Meat has become so expensive here. I can't afford the top cuts anymore...:(
I bought these porterhouse steaks cos they were cheap but they are the worse porterhouse steaks iv ever had. Hard as a rock and tasteless...:(

Meat and petrol makes up the majority of my budget and they have gone up by 30% and they say it's going to rise even more.:(

Meanwhile our wages remain the same as they have for the past 20 years.:(

Anyway I'll finish off this post on a cheerful note... Popcorn anyone? It's buttered...:)
Same here Cristo Rei. We're under Biden who follows the United Kingdom like rule. He is destroying the USA. I bought some steak a while back and it was $20 for one little steak, I used to buy them for $5. And last time I bought gas it was nearly $5 per gallon, it used to be $3

I got pop corn too. You know what time it is, it's movie and popcorn time. Gotta get my coffee first.
tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
We had a power cut last night but It did not stop me from making some food. Had some chicken pieces with paprika, and dried sping onions and parsley on top. Used a single burner with butane fuel. Handy little cooker when the power goes out. I will be using it quite often as it is the start of winter here....:)

Reactions: BarneyFife

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We had a power cut last night but It did not stop me from making some food. Had some chicken pieces with paprika, and dried sping onions and parsley on top. Used a single burner with butane fuel. Handy little cooker when the power goes out. I will be using it quite often as it is the start of winter here....:)
When will your power come back on? Sorry to hear this.

Reactions: BarneyFife

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I keep an extra tank of propane for the barbecue out on the back deck for situations like that. And a few packets of instant coffee; no one can handle a power blackout without coffee.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just made me desire some meat Angelina! That look like you and your relatives enjoyed that meal.

Today had some crackers, and a banana, orange, and strawberry, and some grapes earlier. With some strawberry milk.

Did lay some bacon and sausage out from the freezer waiting on it to defrost.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just made me desire some meat Angelina! That look like you and your relatives enjoyed that meal.

Today had some crackers, and a banana, orange, and strawberry, and some grapes earlier. With some strawberry milk.

Did lay some bacon and sausage out from the freezer waiting on it to defrost.
The second part sounds yummy - lol (I'm a weirdo—I don't do animal).

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is cool Barney. Some people are not meat eaters. Share what you had today?

Reactions: Angelina

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 23379CTView attachment 23380 View attachment 23383 View attachment 23381View attachment 23384 When I went to the RSA for one of my young relatives farewell. He was leaving for the army. We had some lovely food that night.
Are those fried mushrooms up there on the left? Fried is the only way I can do mushrooms (except finely minced like in a soup or sauce) and I absolutely love them! With a Ranch/Horseradish mixture of a dipping sauce.

It's the weirdest thing. Before I joined the Air Force back in the stone age, I wouldn't touch a mushroom. But this old girlfriend of mine took me to this little dive on the second floor of some shack in Southwest Oklahoma called "The Eagle's Nest." We had a few beers and, as always, I got hungry and she said "OH, YOU GOTTA GET THE FRIED MUSHROOMS—THEY'RE THE BOMB!" to which I replied, "Yeah, never gonna happen."

I should have known that was a mistake (she could talk me into anything—made me dance for the first time in my life :mad:). Her name was Wanda. She was from Monroe, Louisiana. I'm rambling again. Anyway, they were the bomb! And I've eaten them ever since, but I never had any as good as the ones at The Eagle's Nest in Altus, OK.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 23379CTView attachment 23380 View attachment 23383 View attachment 23381View attachment 23384 When I went to the RSA for one of my young relatives farewell. He was leaving for the army. We had some lovely food that night.
Sounds like you had a great time! Fun times are always nice.

At Camp Lejeune North Carolina we had some good food on the military base. I gained up to 180 lbs from 160 lbs and worked out to gain muscle mass. That was back when I was around 18 years old though. I didn't really like the catfish they made though, too bland.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are those fried mushrooms up there on the left? Fried is the only way I can do mushrooms (except finely minced like in a soup or sauce) and I absolutely love them! With a Ranch/Horseradish mixture of a dipping sauce.

It's the weirdest thing. Before I joined the Air Force back in the stone age, I wouldn't touch a mushroom. But this old girlfriend of mine took me to this little dive on the second floor of some shack in Southwest Oklahoma called "The Eagle's Nest." We had a few beers and, as always, I got hungry and she said "OH, YOU GOTTA GET THE FRIED MUSHROOMS—THEY'RE THE BOMB!" to which I replied, "Yeah, never gonna happen."

I should have known that was a mistake (she could talk me into anything—made me dance for the first time in my life :mad:). Her name was Wanda. She was from Monroe, Louisiana. I'm rambling again. Anyway, they were the bomb! And I've eaten them ever since, but I never had any as good as the ones at The Eagle's Nest in Altus, OK.
I looooove sautee mushrooms. I used to make a steak BBQ sauce with BBQ sauce and garlic and bacon fat. Then I would sautee the mushrooms and dish them over a BBQ'd Ribeye steak. Super good eats.