I'm Hungry Right Now, What are you munching On?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PXL-20220714-154726156.jpg

Reactions: dev553344

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have been so busy on this forum that I have not had any food yet. I would love to have some eggs benedict for breakfast this bright and sunny morn but that would require going to the supermarket and to be honest, I'm too tired...

What are you eating at the moment...
My favourite snack. Mango and Blood Orange Yoghurt. I'll eat it till the cows come home and if they don't come home I will still eat it.

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We're really gobblin' up the produce at my place. There's a little market down the road a ways that practically gives the stuff away.

Last night for supper we had Kohlrabi fritters and corn-on-the-cob!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We're really gobblin' up the produce at my place. There's a little market down the road a ways that practically gives the stuff away.

Last night for supper we had Kohlrabi fritters and corn-on-the-cob!
It's expensive here. I picked up some cherry tomatoes and broccoli and it was spendy.

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes we get produce stands but they're across town.
This guy out here has a big building and goes year-round. I don't know how he does it, but we sure love him. He hit my daughter's car once with his big supply truck. Nothing serious. It was funny. My daughter could make friends with the wicked witch of the west. :p

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'd LURV some nice juicy chips from the chip shop round the corner but I stopped going in because they usually say "they'll be ready soon, can you wait?"
So you have to stand there in the sweltering heat of the shop feeling self-conscious among other waiting customers, not knowing where to look.
Naturally I've tried making my own chips by frying or cooking the ready-cut frozen sort but they always come out too soggy or too dry and tasteless (sniffle)

PS- there was a news item recently saying many chip shops are going out of business and I'm not surprised.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd LURV some nice juicy chips from the chip shop round the corner but I stopped going in because they usually say "they'll be ready soon, can you wait?"
So you have to stand there in the sweltering heat of the shop feeling self-conscious among other waiting customers, not knowing where to look.
Naturally I've tried making my own chips by frying or cooking the ready-cut frozen sort but they always come out too soggy or too dry and tasteless (sniffle)

PS- there was a news item recently saying many chip shops are going out of business and I'm not surprised.
We had H. Salt Fish And Chips in west Tennessee at one time. I think they went out of business years ago. They were good, boy. Now there's just Long John Silver's and Captain D's, unless you want to go on the hunt for a real chippy, which are few and far between in the U.S.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This guy out here has a big building and goes year-round. I don't know how he does it, but we sure love him. He hit my daughter's car once with his big supply truck. Nothing serious. It was funny. My daughter could make friends with the wicked witch of the west. :p
Reminds me of the time my sister ran into her old boyfriend who was a new police officer in his squad car. Talk about awkward ;)

Reactions: BarneyFife

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I used to make my own deep fried chicken and mix it up with rice and sweat and sour sauce. Those were the good ol' days for me. I've deep fried halibut too, boy that stuff tastes good. You have to pre-heat the oil just right though.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My mistake. H. Salt sold out to KFC and went to pot, evidently. I don't know how many are still open or where, though.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to make my own deep fried chicken and mix it up with rice and sweat and sour sauce. Those were the good ol' days for me. I've deep fried halibut too, boy that stuff tastes good. You have to pre-heat the oil just right though.
I'm just in a Henri/ornery mood today for some reason Devin. Reviewing your post and recipe, so how did YOUR sweat add flavor to your deep fried chicken? Did it add a great stale odd gamey taste to it? and that's the way you like it. How much sweat to sour sauce did you use?...:D

Last edited:
Reactions: stunnedbygrace

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm just in a Henri/ornery mood today for some reason Devin. Reviewing your post and recipe, so how did YOUR sweat add flavor to your deep fried chicken? Did it add a great stale odd gamey taste to it? and that's the way you like it. How much sweat to sour sauce did you use?...:D
Mood noted :D There was this great Asian restaurant down the road from where I used to live. They made the best sweat and sour chicken. I reproduced their recipe pretty exact. You really can't beat it for flavor. White chicken meat crisp with breading.

But no I can't stand the game taste of hunted food. And sometimes I get a farm raised cow and it tastes like they fed it grass, Ugghhh!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mood noted :D There was this great Asian restaurant down the road from where I used to live. They made the best sweat and sour chicken. I reproduced their recipe pretty exact. You really can't beat it for flavor. White chicken meat crisp with breading.

But no I can't stand the game taste of hunted food. And sometimes I get a farm raised cow and it tastes like they fed it grass, Ugghhh!

lol. You missed apaks joke, AND you did it again, haha! Sweet and sour chicken sounds good. Sweat and sour chicken sounds blech!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol. You missed apaks joke, AND you did it again, haha! Sweet and sour chicken sounds good. Sweat and sour chicken sounds blech!
My Ingles is terrible I know. Hmmm. So is my memory:(

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PXL-20220719-185206963.jpg

Brown rice, broccoli, tomatoes, onions, black beans, tiny chilied brown lentils, and nutritional yeast for B-complex and cheesy flavor!