I'm Pretty Sure That Jesus Wasn't Talking About This

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, there was no rebellion against the King?

What does that have to do with anything? Not everything in our lives was put there by God for us to obey and follow,.. sometimes it was put there by Him for an obstacle to overcome and make us stronger people. Can I get an amen church or what!? :D

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does that have to do with anything? Not everything in our lives was put there by God for us to obey and follow,.. sometimes it was put there by Him for an obstacle to overcome and make us stronger people. Can I get an amen church or what!? :D
Again, neither Jesus nor His Apostles endorsed or taught that.

Also,

Romans 13
1Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which is from God. The authorities that exist have been appointed by God. 2Consequently, whoever resists authority is opposing what God has set in place, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.

The American Revolution was rebellion against the King (thus God)--and today we are a contender for the most wicked nation on the planet.

Reactions: amadeus

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, neither Jesus nor His Apostles endorsed or taught that.

Also,

Romans 13
1Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which is from God. The authorities that exist have been appointed by God. 2Consequently, whoever resists authority is opposing what God has set in place, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.

The American Revolution was rebellion against the King (thus God)--and today we are the most wicked nation on the face of the planet.

I'm pretty sure that you're taking this out of context. Submitting to the laws of the government and submitting to the government itself seems like two entirely different things. And Hell is going to freeze over and Satan is going to give free ice cream before I submit to Biden, Harris, and all of their minion democrats.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that you're taking this out of context. Submitting to the laws of the government and submitting to the government itself seems like two entirely different things. And Hell is going to freeze over and Satan is going to give free ice cream before I submit to Biden, Harris, and all of their minion democrats.
1. Out of context? How so?

2. A Government is Its laws--rebellion against law is rebellion against Government.

3. You're already submitting to Harris-Biden when you stop at a red light.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just to add info for the debate...
Exodus 21:23-25
But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
This is actually one of the Mosaic Laws. And I do have issues with Spirit of the Mosaic Laws but what do you guys think the Spirit of this Law is?
Of course there are other things to consider, Christ did make a scourge of small cords and drive out the money changers.

Luke 22:36 And He said to them, “But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his cloak and buy one.
He was telling His Apostles to buy swords.

Matthew 12:29 Or how can one enter a strong man’s house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house.

Matthew 24:43 But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into.

Luke 11:21-22 “When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are safe. But when someone stronger attacks and overpowers him, he takes away the armor in which the man trusted and divides up his plunder.

However this debate is resolved within the boundaries of Fundamentalism, Christianity as a whole did not turn out to be pacifists.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If they tell us to disobey God directly then we submit to God and rebel against them.
Otherwise, we are supposed to submit.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 22:36 And He said to them, “But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his cloak and buy one.
He was telling His Apostles to buy swords
Except John, the 12 Apostles were executed--none asked for an armed revolt, so the swords weren't for fighting.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except John, the 12 Apostles were executed--none asked for an armed revolt, so the swords weren't for fighting.

LOL LOL Lets hear it...what do you think swords are for? What do you think Christ was thinking?
But I am not saying that Christians did not embrace martyrdom initially. It just did not last.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
3. You're already submitting to Harris-Biden when you stop at a red light.

Excuse me?

If they tell us to disobey God directly then we submit to God and rebel against them.
Otherwise, we are supposed to submit.

Okay let me just ask you one question then. Is being supportive of abortion (AKA baby murdering) honoring God or rebelling against Him?

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL LOL Lets hear it...what do you think swords are for? What do you think Christ was thinking?
But I am not saying that Christians did not embrace martyrdom initially. It just did not last.
If we reject the example of Jesus and His Apostles, which religion do we belong to?

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excuse me?

Okay let me just ask you one question then. Is being supportive of abortion (AKA baby murdering) honoring God or rebelling against Him?
When you stop at a red light, you are obeying the government--and that government is run by Harris-Biden.
Granted, they're in there illegitimately, but that doesn't change the fact that you're submitting to them.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The form of Government we have is unique in history.
We have "representative self-government"--a Democratic Republic.
We The People are the Government, and our Representatives establish our laws.
How is it "rebellion" to follow the rules and demand righteous laws?
Also, again, when ever the Government says to disobey God, we obey God not men.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we reject the example of Jesus and His Apostles, which religion do we belong to?

Not rejecting anything, just looking at what actually went on. And I do not think that Peter was a pacifist.
Any way I just gave you guys information, I am not a Fundamentalist.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not rejecting anything, just looking at what actually went on. And I do not think that Peter was a pacifist.
Any way I just gave you guys information, I am not a Fundamentalist.
1. Wasn't trying to "accuse" anyone, just pointing out what is being done.
2. "What went on" was they were martyred--and Jesus (martyred) says not to repay evil for evil but turn the other cheek.
3. Peter erred, according to Christ, when he attacked the servant in the Garden.
4. Fundamentalist = believe Bible. Which religion can we belong to without the Bible?

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you stop at a red light, you are obeying the government--and that government is run by Harris-Biden.
Granted, they're in there illegitimately, but that doesn't change the fact that you're submitting to them.

Actually I don't even drive.

The form of Government we have is unique in history.
We have "representative self-government"--a Democratic Republic.
We The People are the Government, and our Representatives establish our laws.
How is it "rebellion" to follow the rules and demand righteous laws?
Also, again, when ever the Government says to disobey God, we obey God not men.

Why can't you just answer my question? Why should I answer any of yours if you can't even answer mine?

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually I don't even drive.
I stand corrected.
When you do not steal from a store you're submitting to the Government.

Why can't you just answer my question? Why should I answer any of yours if you can't even answer mine?
Which question? Abortion?
The question was without warrant in the first place--I'd already said we obey God if Government demands we sin.