Important to Understand God's Word

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
This is the first and foremost important thing to do in order to understand God's word. Think spiritually!

For quick understanding, read the bold print. For increased understanding, read all.

God’s kingdom is spiritual and flesh and blood will not enter into that kingdom. The natural man can not understand spiritual things.
1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Joh 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

1Co 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
1Co 15:43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

1Co 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

1Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
1Co 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
1Co 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

1Co 15:48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and
as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

1Co 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that

flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God;

neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

1Co 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1Co 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
1Co 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
1Co 15:55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

1Co 15:56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
1Co 15:57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

1Co 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

1Co 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
1Co 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
1Co 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

1Co 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

1Co 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit:

for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
1Co 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

1Co 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

1Co 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

When Jesus says we shall never die but have everlasting life, he is speaking of spiritual life or death.

Joh 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Joh 6:45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.
Joh 6:46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.
Joh 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
Joh 6:48 I am that bread of life.
Joh 6:49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.
Joh 6:50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.
Joh 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
Joh 6:52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?
Joh 6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
Joh 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
Joh 6:55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
Joh 6:56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
Joh 6:57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
Joh 6:58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
Joh 6:59 These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.
Joh 6:60 Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?
Joh 6:61 When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?
Joh 6:62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?

Joh 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Joh 6:64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
Joh 6:65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Needless to say you have a good point, but its what the listener values in their heart that they seek fulfillment in. And the truth is no one can escape it. Which is why the Lord God not only promised to write His laws in our hearts but for our sakes its necessary. Because what is in God’s heart He sees to it, it is fulfilled. And what is in God's heart is expressed in His Covenants. Men don’t have that power so men seek the opportunity for the fulfillment of what is in their hearts.
So if you are dealing with people who value fulfillment in this life more so then the fulfillment in the Spirit. Or maybe better said heavenly treasures. Then they will never get or understand scripture as you describe and prescribe.
The more you keep your eyes on the Lord Jesus the more you realize that what He says is for those who have been keeping thier eye on Christ. And not for those who seek fulfillment otherwise.
If one’s expectations are in Christ, let not your expectations be of men unless their expectations are in Christ.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
DPMartin said:
Needless to say you have a good point, but its what the listener values in their heart that they seek fulfillment in. And the truth is no one can escape it. Which is why the Lord God not only promised to write His laws in our hearts but for our sakes its necessary. Because what is in God’s heart He sees to it, it is fulfilled. And what is in God's heart is expressed in His Covenants. Men don’t have that power so men seek the opportunity for the fulfillment of what is in their hearts.
So if you are dealing with people who value fulfillment in this life more so then the fulfillment in the Spirit. Or maybe better said heavenly treasures. Then they will never get or understand scripture as you describe and prescribe.
The more you keep your eyes on the Lord Jesus the more you realize that what He says is for those who have been keeping thier eye on Christ. And not for those who seek fulfillment otherwise.
If one’s expectations are in Christ, let not your expectations be of men unless their expectations are in Christ.
This OP is to try and get my brothers and sisters to stop thinking in the natural when reading the bible. The word of God says the first man Adam was natural but Jesus is Spiritual. Most Christians still think like Adam, in the natural, but to understand what Jesus is saying we must look on the spiritual side. The natural things are temporary, spiritual things are eternal. Case in point, Jesus said those that believe on him shall never die. If we look at that from the natural point of view, we will say it has not happened. But when we look at it from the spiritual point, we know that when we first believed, we were given the Spirit of life and God will not take it from us when our natural body dies. If we lose our eternal life it will be because we gave it up.

In effect, your comment about speaking from the heart, means you are really speaking from the spirit, and that is as it should be as long as it agrees with God’s word.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People worship (honor) the created because they desire the created and fulfillment in the created. If they are born of God surely it is within them to seek spiritual fulfillment. Just because people call themselves Christians, doesn’t mean they are called. They see some sort of fulfillment in this life that they value in calling themselves. You’ve heard of them, seek familiar from being rased in a church environment something like what comfort food does, or family, community, moral standards, upstanding image amongst their peers, good business image and PR, so on and so forth. These things and more are what they value. Not Spiritual fulfillment by feeding in the Word of God. One is always a servant, whether it be to sin, or righteousness, one is always a servant. And in God’s site there are no others.

Adam already forfeited eternal life for all of us who are the children of Adam, you can’t lose what God said He will keep, (Jn:10:28) you don’t have that kind of power. If you think you lost it maybe you never had it in the first place.

Jn:10:28: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Also I never said anything that can be understood as speaking from the heart, where did you get that from?

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
Thank you folks for caring!

Only a head's up, ie, Jn.10:28, however weak the sheep are under Jesus they are perfectly safe. Yet a believer may after all be lost (Jn.15:6). Our certainty of eternal salvation is not absolute - no OSAS for sure, especially in today's hypergrace of an apostasy.

Old Jack's opinion

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
shturt678 said:
Thank you folks for caring!

Only a head's up, ie, Jn.10:28, however weak the sheep are under Jesus they are perfectly safe. Yet a believer may after all be lost (Jn.15:6). Our certainty of eternal salvation is not absolute - no OSAS for sure, especially in today's hypergrace of an apostasy.

Old Jack's opinion
I think I have pretty much said the same, Old Jack. Thank you for your thoughts.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Our salvation is a gift from God.

Rom 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

God will never change his mind about giving us any of his gifts.

We are the ones that can toss them away.

Gifts of God aren’t even the subject of this post. It is about spiritual discernment. So far no one has challenged the scriptures in the OP. That should be confirmation that they understand it, but I would really appreciate it if more of you would respond.

Joh 6:64 But there are some of you that believe not.

May God bless!

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
Rocky Wiley said:
I think I have pretty much said the same, Old Jack. Thank you for your thoughts.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Our salvation is a gift from God.

Rom 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

God will never change his mind about giving us any of his gifts.

We are the ones that can toss them away.

Gifts of God aren’t even the subject of this post. It is about spiritual discernment. So far no one has challenged the scriptures in the OP. That should be confirmation that they understand it, but I would really appreciate it if more of you would respond.

I should have went with my initial thoughts responding to the OP instead of reponding to a previous post, or both - hind sight. You brought in the supreme concept of the N.T., eg, Kingdom of God, yet you never brought aboard Scriptures that speaks of how one enters the "Kingdom" indwelled with the Holy Spirit resulting in one's spiritual discernment God's way (Matt.13:3-48).

Note also I didn't see ICor.12:10, "discerning of spirits" being a "gift."

Old Jack testing my faith facing 'challenges.'

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
Joh 6:64 But there are some of you that believe not.

May God bless!

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
shturt678 said:

I should have went with my initial thoughts responding to the OP instead of reponding to a previous post, or both - hind sight. You brought in the supreme concept of the N.T., eg, Kingdom of God, yet you never brought aboard Scriptures that speaks of how one enters the "Kingdom" indwelled with the Holy Spirit resulting in one's spiritual discernment God's way (Matt.13:3-48).

Note also I didn't see ICor.12:10, "discerning of spirits" being a "gift."

Old Jack testing my faith facing 'challenges.'

May God bless!
Old Jack,

I will respond to some of the questions that you have brought up.

1. What is Matthew 13:3-48 speaking about?
Well Jesus is speaking to his disciples and the Jews that have gathered and it was about the kingdom of God.

Mat 13:13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
Those that do not see or hear and neither do they understand are the multitude that were gathered. Again they were Jews.
Mat 13:14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
Jesus points out that what he was saying came from the Jewish prophet Esaias and was delivered to the Jews.
Mat 13:15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
This people’s heart (the Jews) could not be converted because they would not hear, see or understand with their heart (spirit).
Mat 13:16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.
Blessed are the eyes and hears of the disciples, because they did understand.

Most could not see, hear or understand because they think in the natural (fleshly things) while Jesus is speaking of the spiritual.

Mat 13:39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
Mat 13:40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
Jesus was talking to those that were living under law, the age of law was coming to an end.

The end of the ‘world’ is translated from the Greek word aiōn
ahee-ohn'
From the same as G104; properly an age;

2. How does one enter into this spiritual kingdom?

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

To be born again is the way into God’s kingdom. We originally are born of the flesh, but flesh and blood will not enter into the kingdom. So born again, is a spiritual birth. Jesus did not tell us how that would be, but to Peter it was given.
Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Peter first opened the gates of kingdom to the Jews.

Act 2:5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.
Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
When many of these Jews that believed, Peter went on to explain how they could be born again of the water and the spirit.
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Then Peter preached to the Gentiles.

Act 10:24 And the morrow after they entered into Caesarea. And Cornelius waited for them, and had called together his kinsmen and near friends.
Act 10:25 And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him.
Act 10:26 But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man.
Act 10:27 And as he talked with him, he went in, and found many that were come together.
Act 10:28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

Act 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
Act 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
Act 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

The message to the Jews and the Gentiles was the same. To be born again is to be baptized in water and the receiving of the Spirit. The order that one receives is of no consequence, both have to be done.

One final point to be made. When one does a biblical word search on the word ‘gifts’ they will find it is not the same and ‘gift’. There is the singular and the plural. The singular speaks of eternal life and the other speaks of the many gifts we might receive for the edification of the church.

3. What is discerning of spirits?

It is the gift of understanding that God’s word is truth and it is Spirit, all other is in error. Simply understanding what is spiritual and what is carnal is first step.

Your questions are good and I hope you will search the scriptures as a Berean to check what I have tried to explain in the above.

God will bless a hungry heart!

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
Thank you for your response and caring again!

One thing you and I have to take to the local bank and deposit this morning, the recipients of Matthew, and especially it's parables, are Jewish Christians along with unconverted Jews - and not exclusively "Jews." Who taught you these were only Jews? btw I don't mean to get on your case, however I'm not even bringing aboard the other recipients - Gentiles, converted or nonconverted as been awhile since I've been in this area. Note also the parables are spoken to not just the disciples (Jewish Christians), but to the multitudessssss.

I need to gently get you on the right path working with you. The former changes the interpretation almost to the goo-gol plex power.

Old Jack

We need a valid core base to work off of as the implicatude of the writer even trumps the context regarding the interpretation.

shturt678 said:

One thing you and I have to take to the local bank and deposit this morning, the recipients of Matthew, and especially it's parables, are Jewish Christians along with unconverted Jews - and not exclusively "Jews." Who taught you these were only Jews? btw I don't mean to get on your case, however I'm not even bringing aboard the other recipients - Gentiles, converted or nonconverted as been awhile since I've been in this area. Note also the parables are spoken to not just the disciples (Jewish Christians), but to the multitudessssss.

I need to gently get you on the right path working with you. The former changes the interpretation almost to the goo-gol plex power.

Old Jack

We need a valid core base to work off of as the implicatude of the writer even trumps the context regarding the interpretation.

Hey, at least you got the "Kingdom of God," ie, good start my brother.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
shturt678 said:

Old Jack

Old Jack,

Jesus was the Jewish Messiah and it was them he came to save. Even if there were others in the multitude besides Jews, he was not speaking to them, Jesus was speaking to his chosen people.

None of them were considered Christians.
Act 11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

In the four gospels, he never went to the gentiles, that I am aware of, and only a few came to him. So if there were some converted Gentiles in the crowd, then they were considered Jews living under the law, not Christians.

As I explained earlier, Peter was the first to preach to the gentiles and only then after a dream from God telling him he was to do it.
Act 10:10 And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance,

Act 10:11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:
Act 10:12 Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.
Act 10:13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.
Act 10:14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.
Act 10:15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.
Act 10:16 This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.
Act 10:17 Now while Peter doubted in himself what this vision which he had seen should mean, behold, the men which were sent from Cornelius had made enquiry for Simon's house, and stood before the gate,
Act 10:18 And called, and asked whether Simon, which was surnamed Peter, were lodged there.
Act 10:19 While Peter thought on the vision, the Spirit said unto him, Behold, three men seek thee.
Act 10:20 Arise therefore, and get thee down, and go with them, doubting nothing: for I have sent them.
Act 10:21 Then Peter went down to the men which were sent unto him from Cornelius; and said, Behold, I am he whom ye seek: what is the cause wherefore ye are come?

Maybe we will come to agree on more things than we do now!

The Lord is great, and greatly to be praised!

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
Rocky Wiley said:

Old Jack,

Jesus was the Jewish Messiah and it was them he came to save. Even if there were others in the multitude besides Jews, he was not speaking to them, Jesus was speaking to his chosen people.

The passage I've used for decades proving the Jewish disciples were Jewish Christians is Matt.5:13, all true believers what the beautitudes bestow by that bestowal are made the salt of the earth - their faith made them Jewish Christains. Note also Lk.14:34, 35.

Note also the parables in Matt.13:3-43 show how the Kingdom of God is bestowed, ie, you want to be in the Kingdom of God along with the Disciples don't you whether you're a Jew or Gentile?

From the aspect of the writer and context, the recipients of Matthew were Jewish Christians, correct? Were not the Disciples in the Kingdom of God per the gospel of Matthew, ie, Jewish Christians? Note the Kingdom of God in Matthew chapters 20 & 22 - the name "Christian" assumes one is in the Kingdom of God, correct?

None of them were considered Christians.

Act 11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

In the four gospels, he never went to the gentiles, that I am aware of, and only a few came to him. So if there were some converted Gentiles in the crowd, then they were considered Jews living under the law, not Christians.

As I explained earlier, Peter was the first to preach to the gentiles and only then after a dream from God telling him he was to do it.
Act 10:10 And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance,

Act 10:11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:
Act 10:12 Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.
Act 10:13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.
Act 10:14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.
Act 10:15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.
Act 10:16 This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.
Act 10:17 Now while Peter doubted in himself what this vision which he had seen should mean, behold, the men which were sent from Cornelius had made enquiry for Simon's house, and stood before the gate,
Act 10:18 And called, and asked whether Simon, which was surnamed Peter, were lodged there.
Act 10:19 While Peter thought on the vision, the Spirit said unto him, Behold, three men seek thee.
Act 10:20 Arise therefore, and get thee down, and go with them, doubting nothing: for I have sent them.
Act 10:21 Then Peter went down to the men which were sent unto him from Cornelius; and said, Behold, I am he whom ye seek: what is the cause wherefore ye are come?

Maybe we will come to agree on more things than we do now!

The Lord is great, and greatly to be praised!

Old Jack

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is required to understand the Bible ? Reading it over and over ? Going to the churches of Christendom ? Using the rosary ? What is the "formula" for grasping what the Bible really teaches ? To begin with, at Acts 8, it reports that an Ethiopian eunuch (or court official of Candace, queen of Ethiopia), was reading Isaiah 53 while traveling back to his homeland from having worshipped in Jerusalem.

He was unable to grasp what he was reading, so Acts 8:26 says that "Jehovah’s angel spoke to Philip, saying: “Get up and go to the south to the road that runs down from Jerusalem to Gaz′a.” And Phillip came running up to the chariot that the Ethiopian eunuch was riding in and explained its meaning. By himself, the Ethiopian eunch could not understand Isaiah 53, that it was concerning the suffering of the Messiah and his death.

So, what did it take for the Ethiopian eunuch to gain insight into the book of Isaiah ? For one of Jehovah's people to explain it to him. By paying close attention to Phillip and then seeing the need to be baptized (Acts 8:38), the Ethiopian eunuch was now attaching himself to the earthly part of God's organization.(There is the heavenly part called "Jerusalem above" [Gal 4:26] that is seen as a celestial chariot at Ezekiel 1 and the earthly part that consists of those chosen as the "little flock" [Luke 12:32] along with the "great crowd" [Rev 7:9] or "other sheep" [John 10:16])

But also God's holy spirit is required, for the apostle Paul wrote that "it is to us (or Jehovah's people) God has revealed them through his spirit, for the spirit searches into all things, even the deep things of God."(1 Cor 2:10) Paul now uses an illustration, saying: "For who among men knows the things of a man except the man’s spirit within him ? So, too, no one has come to know the things of God except the spirit of God."(1 Cor 2:11)

Only the person themselves knows what is in their heart and can tell others what he really feels and what motivates (his "spirit" or dominate force) him.(see Prov 14:10 that says: "The heart knows its own bitterness, and no outsider can share in its joy.")

Likewise, since the Bible is "inspired of God" (2 Tim 3:16), only with the aid of Jehovah's holy spirit can it understood. But there is another requirement, the fervent desire to "know Jehovah" (Jer 31:34; Isa 55:6) since it was his will that the Bible was written. Proverbs 25 says: "It is the glory of God to keep a matter secret, and the glory of kings is to search through a matter."(Prov 25:2)

Jehovah God wrote the Bible in such a way that is a secret to most, even so-called devout "Christians". But he reveals his channel on earth for understanding the Bible as "kings" who are able to unlock its mysteries. Who are these "kings" that are part of God's earthly organization, in fact direct it ?

Proverbs 25:3 says that "as the heavens are high and the earth is deep, so the heart of kings is unsearchable." What does this mean ? (1 Cor 2:16) And then Proverbs 25:4 says: "Remove the dross from the silver, and it will emerge completely refined." What is meant by the "silver" that is refined by removing the "dross" ?(Ps 12:6)

ajdiamond

Aug 18, 2011
Minnesota
Rocky Wiley said:
This OP is to try and get my brothers and sisters to stop thinking in the natural when reading the bible.
Hi Rocky:

Hopefully, you will keep going along these lines, for I suspect a Word has inspired you. The natural, carnal mind cannot know God, cannot know spiritual things and is, in fact, enmity against the Father and His Son every minute of every day. Carnal just means senses. So, the carnal mind is that which is informed by sight, hearing, taste, touch and smell. It is the mind that is operative from early childhood and will be used until one's death unless one changes one's mind. It is the mind that makes the grocery list, watches TV, fixes the squeaky brakes and studies for the math test. It's the mind that the religious forefathers used to generate their multitude of false doctrines that religion still follows today. It's the mind that most everyone uses every day, all day. And, to leave the inspiration of the natural mind behind takes much concerted and wise effort. You have touched on a great truth which can be a catalyst to enter into greater things.

Remember, that Jesus advised to 'Take no thought', that Paul advised to bring every thought into captivity, that sages who have attained all report that God and Truth are found in a Place that thinking cannot reach. Be still and know. Until one's mind is calm and still at will, one has hardly begun.

--aj

shturt678s

Apr 16, 2014
Guestman said:
What is required to understand the Bible ? Reading it over and over ? Going to the churches of Christendom ? Using the rosary ? What is the "formula" for grasping what the Bible really teaches ? To begin with, at Acts 8, it reports that an Ethiopian eunuch (or court official of Candace, queen of Ethiopia), was reading Isaiah 53 while traveling back to his homeland from having worshipped in Jerusalem.

He was unable to grasp what he was reading, so Acts 8:26 says that "Jehovah’s angel spoke to Philip, saying: “Get up and go to the south to the road that runs down from Jerusalem to Gaz′a.” And Phillip came running up to the chariot that the Ethiopian eunuch was riding in and explained its meaning. By himself, the Ethiopian eunch could not understand Isaiah 53, that it was concerning the suffering of the Messiah and his death.

So, what did it take for the Ethiopian eunuch to gain insight into the book of Isaiah ? For one of Jehovah's people to explain it to him. By paying close attention to Phillip and then seeing the need to be baptized (Acts 8:38), the Ethiopian eunuch was now attaching himself to the earthly part of God's organization.(There is the heavenly part called "Jerusalem above" [Gal 4:26] that is seen as a celestial chariot at Ezekiel 1 and the earthly part that consists of those chosen as the "little flock" [Luke 12:32] along with the "great crowd" [Rev 7:9] or "other sheep" [John 10:16])

But also God's holy spirit is required, for the apostle Paul wrote that "it is to us (or Jehovah's people) God has revealed them through his spirit, for the spirit searches into all things, even the deep things of God."(1 Cor 2:10) Paul now uses an illustration, saying: "For who among men knows the things of a man except the man’s spirit within him ? So, too, no one has come to know the things of God except the spirit of God."(1 Cor 2:11)

Only the person themselves knows what is in their heart and can tell others what he really feels and what motivates (his "spirit" or dominate force) him.(see Prov 14:10 that says: "The heart knows its own bitterness, and no outsider can share in its joy.")

Likewise, since the Bible is "inspired of God" (2 Tim 3:16), only with the aid of Jehovah's holy spirit can it understood. But there is another requirement, the fervent desire to "know Jehovah" (Jer 31:34; Isa 55:6) since it was his will that the Bible was written. Proverbs 25 says: "It is the glory of God to keep a matter secret, and the glory of kings is to search through a matter."(Prov 25:2)

Jehovah God wrote the Bible in such a way that is a secret to most, even so-called devout "Christians". But he reveals his channel on earth for understanding the Bible as "kings" who are able to unlock its mysteries. Who are these "kings" that are part of God's earthly organization, in fact direct it ?

Proverbs 25:3 says that "as the heavens are high and the earth is deep, so the heart of kings is unsearchable." What does this mean ? (1 Cor 2:16) And then Proverbs 25:4 says: "Remove the dross from the silver, and it will emerge completely refined." What is meant by the "silver" that is refined by removing the "dross" ?(Ps 12:6)
Thank you again for caring!

Making sure we're on the same page, that is, God the Holy Spirit," correct?

Old Jack

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
shturt678s said:
Thank you again for caring!

Making sure we're on the same page, that is, God the Holy Spirit," correct?

Old Jack
There is no "God the Holy Spirit", for the holy spirit is God's active force that he used to create the universe and all life. This is important in understanding God's word. At Isaiah 44, Jehovah says: "For I will pour out water on the thirsty one and flowing streams on the dry ground. I will pour out my spirit on your offspring and my blessing on your descendants."(Isa 44:3)

Just as water is not a person, so neither is the holy spirit that God pours out on loyal individuals. At Matthew 3, John the Baptist told the wicked Pharisees and Sadducees: "I, for my part, baptize you with water because of your repentance, but the one coming after me is stronger than I am, whose sandals I am not worthy to take off. That one will baptize you with holy spirit and with fire."(Matt 3:11) Again, just as fire is not a person, neither is the holy spirit with which a person can be baptized. How can someone be baptized with another person ?

That the holy spirit is linked with power, Jesus said just before his ascension to heaven to his faithful disciples: "But you will receive power when the holy spirit comes upon you, and you will be witnesses of me in Jerusalem, in all Ju·de′a and Sa·mar′i·a, and to the most distant part of the earth.” (Acts 1:8) The power that the holy spirit gives to Jesus faithful disciples enables them to "be witnesses of me in Jerusalem, in all Ju·de′a and Sa·mar′i·a, and to the most distant part of the earth."

At Genesis 1, it says: "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."(Gen 1:2, KJV) Jehovah's holy spirit is the force behind the movement of the waters while the earth was being prepared for human habitation.

At Luke 4, of Jesus, the account says: "Then Jesus, full of holy spirit, turned away from the Jordan, and he was led about by the spirit in the wilderness."(Luke 4:1) Was Jesus "full" of God ? No. Rather he was "full" or complete intensity of God's active force, that would enable him to fully accomplish his ministry.

Of Zechariah, John the Baptist father, the account says that "Zech·a·ri′ah his father was filled with holy spirit" before uttering a prophetic statement.(Luke 1:67) Was he "filled" with God ? No. Rather Zechariah was "filled" with God's active force, a force that is never latent, that never turns on and off, like a light switch, but is always available to Jehovah's loyal servants.

Peter told the Jewish Sanhedrin: "And we are witnesses of these matters, and so is the holy spirit, which God has given to those obeying him as ruler.” (Acts 5:32) Thus, God's loyal servants receive his holy spirit, like a gift, for without its deliverance of power, the work that Jesus said, that "you will be witnesses of me in Jerusalem, in all Ju·de′a and Sa·mar′i·a, and to the most distant part of the earth", could not be accomplished. But with it, it is being done "to the most distant part of the earth."

shturt678s

Apr 16, 2014
Thank you for your response again!

Head's up! Brother RANDOR not going to be too happy with you response sir....Trinity is valid!

Old Jack

Active force on Star Wars, however not with the precious Scriptures, viz., Isa.44:3b, "so I will pour my Spirit on your descendants" as in Gen.1:2, "Spirit" being God the Holy Spirit without a doubt.

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
shturt678s said:
Thank you for your response again!

Head's up! Brother RANDOR not going to be too happy with you response sir....Trinity is valid!

Old Jack

Active force on Star Wars, however not with the precious Scriptures, viz., Isa.44:3b, "so I will pour my Spirit on your descendants" as in Gen.1:2, "Spirit" being God the Holy Spirit without a doubt.
No, the Trinity is not valid, for it was absorbed from ancient Babylon, among other things. To make a blank statement does not in any way validate anything. Just because many in the churches of Christendom accept the Trinity does not make it Biblical.

For example, if the Trinity were valid, then why did Jesus say that he worships the Father at John 4:22, 24, whereby he said to the Samaritan woman: "You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, because salvation begins with the Jews.....God is a Spirit, and those worshipping him (not me) must worship with spirit and truth" ?

And when Satan tested Jesus right after his baptism, Jesus told him, quoting Deuteronomy 6:13 and 10:20: "Go away, Satan ! For it is written: ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”(Matt 4:10)

Or at John 7:17, Jesus told the Jews: "If anyone desires to do His (not my) will, he will know whether the teaching is from God or (Greek E) I speak of my own originality." Jesus clearly distinguished himself from his Father, Jehovah God by using the Greek word (or letter) E, "a primary particle of distinction between two connected terms"(Strong's Greek Dictionary of the New Testament, pg 35)

The apostle Paul at 1 Corinthians 11 wrote: "But I want you to know that the head of every man is the Christ; in turn, the head of a woman is the man; in turn, the head of the Christ is God."(1 Cor 11:3) And on the night before his death, Jesus told his eleven faithful apostles: "You heard that I said to you, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I am."(John 14:28)

An Paul wrote to the Colossians that Jesus "is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation."(Col 1:15) And at 1 Corinthians 8, he wrote that "there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and (conjunction that separates God from Jesus ) there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him."(1 Cor 8:6)

Jesus showed his worship of the Father, Jehovah God, by praying to him and teaching others to do the same, such as at Matthew 6, that says: "You must pray, then, this way: “‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified."(Matt 6:9)

Paul in writing to Timothy, said: "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus."(1 Tim 2:5) The Trinity has had such a strangle hold on many through the centuries, that in spite of all the Scriptural evidence, they still accept the Trinity as valid. This will be to their undoing, for all who accept falsehoods will be dealt with when Babylon the Great, the world empire of false religion is done away with soon by the political governments.(Rev 17:16)

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Ol Jack............did ya get stuck in their mud again.....hookin up chain.....hold on....

Jack ...you be havin to much fun here...you need to come back inside......
Now you know.....they don't believe in the trinity.....inteerpreeeeetated scriptures....are of man taught....and man believed.

It's not that they don't believe in the trinity.........it's the lifestyle which goes hand in hand with this teaching.
They have no testimony.....and without a testimony.....they stand on thorns.

And where's the praise that's suppose to go with all this excitement that the trinity doesn't exist?

I find it so interesting......that many our bound by the same thing (scriptures) which they should be freed.

I see no love for their God...i see no praise for their God....i see no thank yous for their God, i see no joy coming from them about their God...

Example......from a Christian who loves Jesus
I LOVE YOU JESUS.....THANK YOU FOR FORGIVING ME OF MY SINS...I LOVE YOU!!!!!! something like that......but they are more concerned about us having the trinity wrong....go figure.

shturt678s

Apr 16, 2014
RANDOR said:
Ol Jack............did ya get stuck in their mud again.....hookin up chain.....hold on....

Jack ...you be havin to much fun here...you need to come back inside......
Now you know.....they don't believe in the trinity.....inteerpreeeeetated scriptures....are of man taught....and man believed.

It's not that they don't believe in the trinity.........it's the lifestyle which goes hand in hand with this teaching.
They have no testimony.....and without a testimony.....they stand on thorns.

And where's the praise that's suppose to go with all this excitement that the trinity doesn't exist?

I find it so interesting......that many our bound by the same thing (scriptures) which they should be freed.

I see no love for their God...i see no praise for their God....i see no thank yous for their God, i see no joy coming from them about their God...

Example......from a Christian who loves Jesus
I LOVE YOU JESUS.....THANK YOU FOR FORGIVING ME OF MY SINS...I LOVE YOU!!!!!! something like that......but they are more concerned about us having the trinity wrong....go figure.
Wow! Well put forth...I can see why our Lord Godman Christ Jesus gave you a paygrade increase. Rather than simply responding to passages, let's take a serious approach...only this one time. First let's define:

Trinity: Nowhere in the Bible is not the concept of the "Trinity." The union of the three divine Persons (Father, Son, and HolySpirit) in one Godhead (state of being God) where all three are "co-equal," "co-eternal," and "co-substantial." Via Heb.1:3, at Jesus' conception, He was united to God in the womb. All three Persons work out our salvation.

Old Trinitarian Jack