Imputation is based on the Old Testament

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our posts crossed in cyber space....see what you think of what I posted just above yours. Yes, we need the Lord to show us by His light.
I can see some of your post, towards the end. I’m just going to read what Epi said about it again, read some about the day of atonement, and let it simmer.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s interesting that the 10th day of Tishri is “a kippurim for you. That would be…cleansing? And with the ‘im of duality epi mentioned in his book…

I guess I thought all their days were not exact because based on moon cycles. But the 10th day is exact.

And this is of note, from Wikipedia - According to Jewish tradition, God inscribes each person's fate for the coming year into a book, the Book of Life, on Rosh Hashanah, and waits until Yom Kippur to "seal" the verdict.

They call them also “the days of awe.” That really does speak to me more of the end Judgement rather than of Christs death…

Last edited:

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's always very telling when disagreement and simple discussion on a forum from behind a computer screen is equated to persecution on the level of what Jesus and the prophets endured, goodness gracious!

Narcissism near it's peak. Eventually it morphs into some version of-- "God's gonna getcha for how you are treating me." Or worse-- "If you knew who it was you were talking to-- you'd stop disagreeing" -the super ego at work. Much talk about humility, little evidence of it ever.

We see the forum equivalence of road rage.

Someone gets cut off and feels like they were somehow disrespected in the process. So they blow their horn and flip the bird and want to make that person pay for the perceived transgression. They accelerate and swerve around to get out in front so they can pump the brakes and it only aggravates and escalates. It's sad, but typical. It's their inner 'sense of justice' that has been pricked. Well maybe it was just a nice 'old lady' who offended you... or a student driver. Where is the grace from the great teacher of humility?

Reactions: Keturah

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, this is going to get deep. I went back to Lev 15 for this….why there were TWO doves or pigeons to be given in sacrifice to cleanse the person's uncleanness.

I pray the Lord to help me express these things clearly, but it has to do with SEPARATING the person or nation from their uncleanness (sins). Ie, REMOVING their sins far from them…..like where the bible says "as far as the east is from the west so far has He REMOVED our transgressions from us".

Lev 15:29-31

And on the eighth day she shall take unto her two turtles, or two young pigeons, and bring them unto the priest, to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.

And the priest shall offer the one for a sin offering, and the other for a burnt offering; and the priest shall make an atonement for her before the LORD for the issue of her uncleanness.

Thus shall ye separate the children of Israel from their uncleanness; that they die not in their uncleanness, when they defile my tabernacle that is among them.

More clearly pictured with the two goats…..one is scapegoated, ie, an innocent party with the sins of the nations imputed to it (as Jesus was numbered with the transgressors even though innocent). A scapegoat is blamed for wrongdoing that they didn’t commit. It was sent outside the camp into the wilderness in order to bear and REMOVE the sins of the nation far from it, thus CLEANSING the nation and temple. Yes the other goat could be offered because it was imputed now to be CLEAN and without spot, since the other goat removed and took all the uncleanness far away.

I believe this is like where Jesus said two were in the field and one was taken and the other left, two were in a bed, one was taken the other one was left. Notice they were either two men or two women (the same person divided)….this has to do with the word of God DIVIDING/SEPARATING soul from spirit. And why Paul could say it is no longer I who sin but sin living in me. Our sins are not imputed to us….but get removed from us by the cross of Christ….we get separated from our sins and our sins are judged and carried away but not we ourselves. We ourselves are then offered to the Lord as a CLEANSED/spotless offering, yes we die to ourselves in the offering ourselves, loving not our lives unto the death, not seeking to save our life/psuche… but are a living sacrifice. I hope it's accurate to say that it's like the sinful part of the person (the flesh old man carnal nature) is judged and crucified - soul/psuch - while the part of us that has been cleansed and separated from this, our spirit.....gets to LIVE.

You are pointing in the right direction while considering the binding (and release) of Issac. You might look back even farther to those two brothers who first sacrificed-- Cain and Abel. It's easy to miss, unless you consider the broader principles in play. The scapegoat wasn't just sent out-- it was led out into the wilderness for Azazel.

Then Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan River and was led by the Spirit in the wilderness, where for forty days he endured temptations from the devil.

As with Abraham and his son... a ram was sacrificed, a son was set free.

• Love
Reactions: Azim and Lizbeth

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm…Cain became a wanderer on the earth, second goat wanders in the wilderness. I guess I can see something there…and Cains lot/mark was to NOT be killed, second goats lot was not to be killed.

The verse came to mind also about “hand him over to satan.”

Reactions: Azim and Episkopos

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting that they (Jews) connect the 40 “days of awe” to Moses and the 40 days on the mountain and that Moses understood God wrote a “book“ that Moses asked to be removed/blotted from. First mention of the book of life…?

And the root word of kippur might mean ransom or redeem? So it feels like…a ransom for dual cleansing. But that’s probably not best. I think it really probably means more like you’ve said before - a life in a life.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hmm…Cain became a wanderer on the earth, second goat wanders in the wilderness. I guess I can see something there…

The verse came to mind also about “hand him over to satan.”
Abel was killed...sacrificed, as it were, for his connection to God...and Cain was responsible in his outer man jealousy. Cain had a mark on him...whereby he wasn't to be cut off from he earth. This is akin to the weeds growing together with the wheat. Cain represents the ones who wander in the wilderness...like Azazel...the escape goat. His judgment is to come. Abel represents the righteous who are sacrificed...or who sacrifice themselves...for righteousness sake.

Yom Kippur is really about the Bema judgment. It's about us, not God. Except we also see the atonement narrative in Jesus before Pilate and the choice between a murderer and an innocent One. The murderer goes free and the innocent one is sacrificed.

Jesus said...the blood of Abel would be required of the generation of those who hate the presence of Lord and the truth He spoke.

It takes discernment to see how that plays out in our time.

Who can discern the spirit of Cain?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is all so amazing. Been covered in goosebumps for half an hour, wave after wave each time I return to reading about the day of atonement. That doesn’t usually happen any more to me. All these years and I still don’t exactly know what it means.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Abel was killed...sacrificed, as it were, for his connection to God...and Cain was responsible in his outer man jealousy. Cain had a mark on him...whereby he wasn't to be cut off from he earth. This is akin to the weeds growing together with the wheat. Cain represents the ones who wander in the wilderness...like Azazel...the escape goat. His judgment is to come. Abel represents the righteous who are sacrificed...or who sacrifice themselves...for righteousness sake.

Yom Kippur is really about the Bema judgment. It's about us, not God. Except we also see the atonement narrative in Jesus before Pilate and the choice between a murderer and an innocent One. The murderer goes free and the innocent one is sacrificed.

Jesus said...the blood of Abel would be required of the generation of those who hate the presence of Lord and the truth He spoke.

It takes discernment to see how that plays out in our time.

Who can discern the spirit of Cain?
Now, what are the two judgements? The first where those who belong to Jesus are judged by their works and then the judgement of life or death/the book of life?
Which is the bema judgement? I’m thinking the second one.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
BTW, Being baptized by the Holy Spirit is the full imputation with righteousness.
That's not right. That would be like saying baptism in water is to have water imputed to us. We can be covered with water without becoming water ourselves.

Still with the lack of understanding of what imputing means.

We are never as righteous as God....never. But His covering righteousness causes us to reflect His light into the world. We reflect God's light into the world as we walk in the light as He is in the light.

But in the rich modern spoiled West...this is basically unknown.

Reactions: faithfulness

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Now, what are the two judgements? The first where those who belong to Jesus are judged by their works and then the judgement of life or death/the book of life?
Which is the bema judgement? I’m thinking the second one.
The first judgment...that MANY (not all) will be resurrected into judgment...some to life and honour and some to eternal shame and reproach. Judgment BEGINS at the house of God.

Dan. 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

After 1,000 years the rest of the dead will be judged at the Great White Throne. That is the second general judgment of the nations.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From hebrews4christians.com -
You are to distinguishbetween the holy (i.e., ha-kadosh: הַקּדֶשׁ) and the common (i.e., ha-chol: הַחל), and between the unclean (i.e., ha-tamei: הַטָּמֵא) and the clean (i.e., ha-tahor: הַטָּהוֹר)"

These are the 4 fates/directions, correct?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Laughing at self because STILL my first reaction was, you guessed it, but why only three..? Psh.

Spiritually understood, the Mishkan (i.e., Tabernacle) physically represented the separation of these realms, as may be illustrated with the following diagram:

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s rich…

It's a gift, not something I cooked up on my own.... Can you see the difference? I didn't have to chop things up and stir them together like some French Chef.

I find it sad that you sold yourself so cheaply. For a mere $40.46 you traded away your ability to think for yourself. That's not rich. That's poverty.

Barrabas was not an example of a scapegoat. He became one of those redeemed (set free) by the sacrifice of the lamb. One for whom the price was paid. Like any and all of us.

-You know, I've never been a fan of Jazz. I know some people appreciate it, but I find it all to be much ado about nothing... a cacaphony of sound. Much like a stew without discernable ingredients- it's mostly discord and this can be likened to theology when one is on an imagined higher plane.... a bunch of ideas mixed together-- beliefs and all that jazz.

Reactions: Keturah

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find it sad that you sold yourself so cheaply. For a mere $40.46 you traded away your ability to think for yourself. That's not rich. That's poverty.
No. Poverty is that I have still only been able yet to afford the ebook which I think was $5 when his book is worth even more than the $40.

Im not an extra huge jazz fan either. I got a kick out of one named “Jacobs Ladder?” that he did quite a few years ago though. That song tickled me to no end. Not used to music relating a story without lyrics but he absolutely NAILED it on that one.

You have moved from a pest to actually now disgusting me and since I feel bad for that feeling and know you are not the enemy, cutting ties now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Episkopos

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It’s interesting that the 10th day of Tishri is “a kippurim for you. That would be…cleansing? And with the ‘im of duality epi mentioned in his book…

I guess I thought all their days were not exact because based on moon cycles. But the 10th day is exact.

And this is of note, from Wikipedia - According to Jewish tradition, God inscribes each person's fate for the coming year into a book, the Book of Life, on Rosh Hashanah, and waits until Yom Kippur to "seal" the verdict.

They call them also “the days of awe.” That really does speak to me more of the end Judgement rather than of Christs death…
As Mr. E. was mentioning.....Day of Atonement is a picture of Jesus.....40 days of awe and scapegoat being sent out into the wilderness corresponding to Jesus' 40 days in the wilderness being tempted of the devil. (It might also be useful to remember how Jesus spoke of a demon spirit when it is cast out it wanders through arid places (wilderness/desert) seeking rest and not finding it.) Satan seeking to inhabit the last Adam by trying to make Him fall, just as he entered the first Adam when he fell. Jesus overcame so much on our behalf!...so that we could follow in His footsteps. He who knew no sin became sin for us...I don't know how in the world anyone can't see that this means sin was imputed to Him even though He knew no sin.

Interesting that Jesus just before He was crucified said in the book of John "NOW is the judgment of this world, NOW will the prince of this world be cast out."

Jhn 12:30

Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes.

Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

This he said, signifying what death he should die.

I take this to mean He has already judged the world and devil through the cross. (Just that it is waiting to fully manifest. All things have been put under His feet, but we do not yet "see" all things put under.) Jesus HAS fulfilled ALL the feasts. (even Tabernacles...He is tabernacling now by His Spirit within the tent/tabernacle of each believer.) I don't think there is any need or requirement to put off the scapegoat and atonement for the future.

You are loved sister, and so is Episkopos. I really hate arguing and am not interested in winning arguments, only that we would all be edified and grow in understanding of the truth. And the truth belongs to God, not to any of us. I pray the love of God to reach into the depths of our beings and heal and make us all whole in every way that we each need, for our sakes and especially for the sake of His glory and kingdom.

• Love
Reactions: Mr E and Azim