• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The OSAS obsession is in your head, Wrangler.
Not in mine.
You should spend your free time studying something that isn't an invention (osas) created by a Cross denying Heretic.
Another personal attack.

How come you are not explaining how Luke 22:31 fits with the OSAS?

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did my part , and now it is up to God to do His part.....

This is classic sectarian talk with no reality in scripture.

YOUR part doesn’t end until you endure to the end!

“But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.” (Matthew 24:13)

Your part is to:

“…follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness. Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life...” (1 Timothy 6:11-12)

This is continuous.

Reactions: Wrangler

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I agree.

As long as they don’t become highminded and fearless:

“…thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.” (Romans 11:20-21)

Take heed @Behold

You are still trying to put CONDITIONS on God's Grace.

Listen, the Blood of Jesus, is the Grace of God ;provided, so that, all that have been cleansed by it, are ALWAYS forgiven.

Read Romans 4:8

Read 2 Corinthians 5:19

And John 3:17.

Take 5 mins and just put them together, and let the scripture teach that God's Salvation is COMPLETED 2000 yrs ago on the Cross, then APPLIED. ONE TIME......by Faith.

Once this has happened, the Believer is SAVED and Kept Saved.

Salvation is not a temporary situation. IT is in fact, Everlasting.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“ Anybody That Asks to be Saved will be Saved”

Faith Saves. Faith is Trusting God to keep His Word . I do that.

I did my part
Not really. As far as salvation, yes. But sanctification is, as @Michiah-Imla said, a lifelong process.

And for the record, I believe salvation and sanctification are 2-sides of the same coin, that go hand in hand. The world says, "Love me as I am." God says I love you too much to not transform you into the image bearer you were meant to be. 1st, he saves, which is instant, as you said. Then, he transforms, which as @Michiah-Imla said, is a lifelong process.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Another personal attack.

Wrangler,

You want the Mods to save you?

Listen....
You can't even respond to what ive shown you, regarding your Cult's belief system//Theology.

See, you are one of those types that feel that if the Bible corrects your cult's teaching, then you are being attacked personally.

You're not.

But your Soteriology theology is scripturally rotten, its spiritualy dark, and its purposely deceptive., and if you get around me with it , im going to expose you again and again with The Cross.
Why?
Because you a lesson that is being learned by real believers who recognize the stark contrast between a person who Gives Christ all the Glory and Honor He deserves for being slain on the Cross, vs, you who tries to omit the Blood of Jesus, and contradict the Cross of Christ with your theology that denies that God's Free Gift of Salvation is everlasting.

Reactions: Jim B

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are still trying to put CONDITIONS on God's Grace.

The conditions are in the scriptures. But you’ve been taught out of listening to them…

Listen, the Blood of Jesus, is the Grace of God ;provided, so that, all that have been cleansed by it, are ALWAYS forgiven.
Kept Saved.

“Kept Saved”

An unscriptural catch phrase.

Read Romans 4:8

“Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.” (Romans 4:8)

This is addressed to the man who firsts repents and believes the gospel. There are 16 chapters in the book of Romans. By the time you read them all you’ll understand the context of Romans 4:8.

Read 2 Corinthians 5:19

“To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.” (2 Corinthians 5:19)

Here’s the full context:

If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel…” (Colossians 1:23)

And John 3:17.

“For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.” (John 3:17)

Amen!

MIGHT be saved.

But:

“Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed…” (John 8:31)

In the end, those who CONTINUE in the word, in the faith grounded and settled, will be saved. Not those who believed and then fell away…

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Righteousness or sin are not abstract ideas that are unconditionally transferred between people regardless of what people do. People are righteous because they do righteousnes and people are sinners because they sin. One cannot be righteous apart from doing righteousness as one cannot be a sinner apart from committing sin.

If the righteousess of Christ was imputed or 'transferred' to the sinner while the sinner sits doing nothing, then;
1) that sinner would become just as perfectly sinless as Christ and never sin since Christ's righteousnes was perfectly sinless but no Christian is perfectly sinless.
2) how is it determined, what basis is used to determine to whom Christ transfers His righteousness to and that person be saved and whom will not receive Christ's righteousness and be lost?

Reactions: Wrangler

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didnt read all of your cut and paste but i did note this.

"""" (Rom. 3:23). Righteousness by faith, then, must refer to the gift of righteousness given to human beings by God.""""

So, that is correct.
The Righteousness of God, is His own Righteousness that is given to a believer, as "The GIFT of Righteousness".

To have RECEIVED God's own Righteousness, is to be "made righteousness" = having become "the righteousness of God" IN Christ.

Every Born again believer has become this "righteousness" tho its not your body......its your born again Spirit.
I copied the link so you could read the entire blog. It's very informative.

Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I copied the link so you could read the entire blog. It's very informative.
Very informative, thank you.

The Pauline epistles in general clearly show that
this phase of imputation is the groundwork of the Christian’s acceptance and standing before
an infinitely holy God. Only this righteousness can find acceptance for salvation, and through
it alone one may enter heaven. The pregnant phrase “the righteousness of God” (Rom. 1:17;
3:22; 10:3) signifies not merely that God Himself is righteous but that there is a righteousness
that proceeds from God. Since no human being in God’s eyes is righteous (3:10), it is clear
that an imputed righteousness, the righteousness of God Himself, is sinful man’s only hope of
acceptance with the Holy One. Possessing this righteousness is the only thing that fits one for
the presence of God (Phil. 3:9; Col. 1:12). When this righteousness is imputed by God to the
believer, it becomes his forever by a judicial act, since it was not antecedently the believer’s.
It is thus patent that this demands a righteousness that is made over to the believer, just as
Christ was made to be sin for all men (2 Cor. 5:21). By the believer’s baptism by the Spirit
“into Christ” this righteousness is made a legal endowment by virtue of the death of Christ.
Indeed, imputed righteousness becomes a reality on the basis of the fact that the believer is
“in Christ.” As hitherto one was “in Adam” (Rom. 5:12–21), so by the Spirit’s baptism (6:3–
4) he is now placed in the resurrected Christ and is a recipient of all that Christ is, even of the
“righteousness of God” that Christ is. It is a transcendent truth that Christ is made to the
believer the righteousness “from God” (1 Cor. 1:30), and, being “in Christ,” the believer
“might become the righteousness of God in Him” (2 Cor. 5:21). The glory of this “in Christ”
position is beyond description or human comprehension, “for by one offering He has
perfected for all time those who are sanctified” (Heb. 10:14). The “fulness” of Christ (John
1:16; Col. 1:19; 2:9–10) becomes the believer’s portion in Christ, “for in Him all the fullness
of Deity dwells in bodily form, and in Him you have been made complete.”

The basis of the
legality of such imputation, resulting in such a position for the believer, resides in the fact
that Christ offered Himself “without blemish” to God (Heb. 9:14). This means that Christ not
only was made a sin offering, but His death (by which remission of sin is made legally
possible on the basis that He substituted for those who believe and presented Himself as an
offering well-pleasing to God) also made possible a release of all that He is in infinite merit,
bestowing this merit on the meritless. When others did not possess and could not gain a
standing and merit before God, He released His own self in infinite perfection for them (see 2
Cor. 8:9).

As the cross furnishes the legal basis for the remission of sin, so it furnishes
likewise the legal basis for the imputation of righteousness. Both aspects of a sweet savor and
a non-sweet savor in the estimation of the Father are typically expounded in the five offerings
of Lev. 1–5. There was that in the death of Christ that was a non-sweet savor to God
manifested in the terrible words “My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?” (Ps. 22:1;
Matt. 27:46). The character of the perfect, sinless Lamb of God (Heb. 9:14) suggests the
sweet savor aspect.

Thus the sweet savor aspect of Christ’s offering, and its accomplishment
in the believer by his union with Christ through the work of the Holy Spirit, is the legal
ground for the imputation of God’s righteousness to the believer. Foundational to essential
Christian teaching and the essence of the gospel are these three imputations. They are typical
in the Mosaic system; antitypical in the Christian era. M.F.U.
BIBLIOGRAPHY: L. S. Chafer, Systematic Theology (1948), 2:296–315; 3:243–44; 5:143–44;
7:191–94; W. G. T. Shedd, Dogmatic Theology (1952), 2:148–257; J. Murray, The
Imputation of Adam’s Sin (1959); C. Hodge, Commentary on the Epistle to the Romans
(1965), pp. 221–99; G. C. Berkouwer, Sin (1971), pp. 436–65; H. Bavinck, Our Reasonable
Faith (1978), pp. 224–30, 240–46; F. B. Westcott, The Biblical Doctrine of Justification
(1983), pp. 165–82, 188–209.
Unger.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
To the OP:

I think you need to emphasise that the righteousness that is imputed to us, is the righteousness we have been given for life. It is not a one time gift for part of our life. When you are twenty, it is the righteousness that was waiting; when you are thirty, it is the same righteousness you had when you were twenty; when you are forty, it is the same righteousness you had when you were thirty and when you were twenty.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'And he (Abraham) received the sign of circumcision,
a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had
yet being uncircumcised:
that he might be the father of all them that believe,
though they be not circumcised;
that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:'

(Romans 4:11)

'And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.
Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;
But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed,
(reckoned)
if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;'
(Romans 4:22- 24)

'And the scripture was fulfilled which saith,
Abraham believed God,
and it was imputed unto him for righteousness:

and he was called the Friend of God.'

(James 2:23)

* Praise God!

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
'And he (Abraham) received the sign of circumcision,
a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had
yet being uncircumcised:
that he might be the father of all them that believe,
though they be not circumcised;
that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:'

(Romans 4:11)

'And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.
Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;
But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed,
(reckoned)
if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;'
(Romans 4:22- 24)

'And the scripture was fulfilled which saith,
Abraham believed God,
and it was imputed unto him for righteousness:

and he was called the Friend of God.'

(James 2:23)

* Praise God!

Amen.

We Take Christ, God Takes Us.

The CROSS is the only reason why God takes us and Keeps us.

Thank you sweet Redeemer... Thank you JESUS.......you are our Salvation, who became our sin, so that God could become our Eternal Father.

So amazing is the BLOOD of Jesus.
Its the Gift of Salvation, that just keeps on GIVING.

Reactions: charity

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need holy spirit to keep you on the right path. It guides you to narrow gate to heaven. Many people will go through wide gate to sheol. Proverbs 4:18. But the path of the just ia as the shining light, That shines more and more unto the perfect day. 4:19. The way of the wicked is as darkness; They know not at what they stumble. Listening to traditions of men will get you on the wrong path. Getting involved in the ways of the world will bind you up. Being to lazy to study the bible. They stumble. 4:23. Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it the issues of life. The balm they seek diverts them from the right path. Their not sincere and diligent. Get the picture. Is this adding up ?. 4:25. Let thine eyes look right on, And let thine eyes LIDS look straight before thee. 4:26. Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established. How many people really seek God's counsel, and study sound doctrine? Seeking out misguided preachers or psychics or seeking advice from psychologists. It's a revolving door to dead end street. They're balm can't heal them. Do you understand?. 4:27. Turn not to the right hand nor to the left; Remove thy foot from evil. Only Jesus can heal. Thier balm leads to hell, called sheol. Because, some people are not sincere and diligent about God.