In being overtaken….

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Peter 4:12-13 (NKJV)
Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ’s sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How and what are these fiery trials that are considered to be an extension of Christ’s suffering?… And what than exactly is considered to be Christ’s suffering?

That would be a humbling of His will to the Father’s, even to His death on the cross….

The fiery trials one endures by the denying of one’s own will, they are that, that are considered to be a continuation of His sufferings and death… Moreover says scripture, it is a sharing in His death, a sharing in His sufferings…

For without this death to one’s own will, self will, self knowledge, self expression, everything of self will put on a religious cloak… But it will not be growth of the new creation…For sooner or later it will fail, for that which is the growth of the new life in one is incapable of failure, for it is the Divine life come to life in one… To the degree of the suffering, to the degree of the sharing in the death of Christ, to the degree of one dying to their own will… To that degree and to that degree alone, can, will, and has the new birth been brought to growth in one…

‘but rejoice to the extent you partake’

This is that, that one is instructed to rejoice in and only to the extent one partakes in His sufferings, which is the sufferings experienced in one’s denial of one’s own will to have righteousness manifested instead… To this extent will the glory of His sufferings be revealed and by virtue of one partaking in that suffering/denial of own will, will that glory, gladness and joy overtake one…

Be blessed all in being overtaken…

A fellow believer, Not me

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ’s sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How and what are these fiery trials that are considered to be an extension of Christ’s suffering?… And what than exactly is considered to be Christ’s suffering?

That would be a humbling of His will to the Father’s, even to His death on the cross….

The fiery trials one endures by the denying of one’s own will, they are that, that are considered to be a continuation of His sufferings and death… Moreover says scripture, it is a sharing in His death, a sharing in His sufferings…

For without this death to one’s own will, self will, self knowledge, self expression, everything of self will put on a religious cloak… But it will not be growth of the new creation…For sooner or later it will fail, for that which is the growth of the new life in one is incapable of failure, for it is the Divine life come to life in one… To the degree of the suffering, to the degree of the sharing in the death of Christ, to the degree of one dying to their own will… To that degree and to that degree alone, can, will, and has the new birth been brought to growth in one…

This is that, that one is instructed to rejoice in and only to the extent one partakes in His sufferings, which is the sufferings experienced in one’s denial of one’s own will to have righteousness manifested instead… To this extent will the glory of His sufferings be revealed and by virtue of one partaking in that suffering/denial of own will, will that glory, gladness and joy overtake one…

the term is long suffering, as in tolerating the presence of one thing while waiting for the desired thing. the Lord Jesus suffered what is detestable to Him, for the reward to come.

its human nature to lie, so most of the people He was in the mist of were liars. that alone would case the Lord the desire to rid Himself of that experience. but He suffered it for the sake of. that's just the tip of the iceberg. the power and source of Life experiences what men experience in death to go where men go when they die to retrieve the faithful and give them the Life He has. all of this is suffered. that experience compared to the experience of the right hand of the Father in Heaven. remember, when Abraham was so was He.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the term is long suffering, as in tolerating the presence of one thing while waiting for the desired thing. the Lord Jesus suffered what is detestable to Him, for the reward to come.

its human nature to lie, so most of the people He was in the mist of were liars. that alone would case the Lord the desire to rid Himself of that experience. but He suffered it for the sake of. that's just the tip of the iceberg. the power and source of Life experiences what men experience in death to go where men go when they die to retrieve the faithful and give them the Life He has. all of this is suffered. that experience compared to the experience of the right hand of the Father in Heaven. remember, when Abraham was so was He.

Thank you for your thoughts..

Be so blessed in your relationship with Jesus and may He enlarge Himself in your innermost bring in all good work and word…

A fellow follower of His, Not me

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What is the difference between a religious cloak and true new creation?

I will guess: the true new creation loves righteousness for its own sake?

Reactions: Not me and marks

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was meditating on "putting on" verses "believing in"....
Romans 13 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹³ Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.
¹⁴ But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.
Colossians 3:10
“And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:”

Ephesians 2:10 - For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. (Verses like Ephesians 2:10)

Job 29:14 - I put on righteousness, and it clothed me: my judgment was as a robe and a diadem. (Verses like Job 29:14)

Psalms 51:10 - Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. (Verses like Psalms 51:10)

Isaiah 52:1 - Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean. (Verses like Isaiah 52:1

Isaiah 59:17 - For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloke.

Romans 13:12 - The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light. (Verses like Romans 13:12)

1 Corinthians 15:53-54 - For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

2 Corinthians 4:6 - For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. (Verses like 2 Corinthians 4:6)

Ephesians 2:15 - Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; (Verses like Ephesians 2:15)

Colossians 3:14 - And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
Isaiah 61 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
³ To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

¹⁰ I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

So there are many more and I am VERY curious as to why it is worded as such.
Putting on something means you can take it off as well...hmmmm...something to meditate on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Not me

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, trials strip away that which is not Christ.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 13 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹³ Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.
¹⁴ But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

“And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:”

Ephesians 2:10 - For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. (Verses like Ephesians 2:10)

Job 29:14 - I put on righteousness, and it clothed me: my judgment was as a robe and a diadem. (Verses like Job 29:14)

Psalms 51:10 - Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. (Verses like Psalms 51:10)

Isaiah 52:1 - Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean. (Verses like Isaiah 52:1)

Isaiah 59:17 - For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloke.

Romans 13:12 - The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light. (Verses like Romans 13:12)

1 Corinthians 15:53-54 - For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

2 Corinthians 4:6 - For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. (Verses like 2 Corinthians 4:6)

Ephesians 2:15 - Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; (Verses like Ephesians 2:15)

Colossians 3:14 - And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
Isaiah 61 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
³ To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

¹⁰ I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

Putting on something means you can take it off as well...hmmmm...something to meditate on.
I think it just falls off on it's own when we're not looking. So that admonition to put on . . .

Much love!

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the difference between a religious cloak and true new creation?

I will guess: the true new creation loves righteousness for its own sake?

A religious cloak is something trying to act according to what it is not by nature…. Being an outward shell and not the thing itself…

Good guess, for you are on track, for loving righteousness is the natural action of the new creation, it does not have to try to be good or to love righteousness for its behavior is dictated by its nature…

For just like a dog doesn’t have to try to act like a dog, or a cat, act like a cat, their behavior is a natural act of their nature…Just as it is inherent in all fallen nature to act according to its disorderly nature..

The same with the new creation which is the Divine nature come to birth in one, it does by nature that which is natural to it, which is doing the good proper and right… For just as a spark only knows one direction and that is up… So all natures must act according to what they are…

For just as every child is taught to behave and never to misbehave… Why? Because the misbehavior is the natural action of that life which is born of the fall… This is what Christ came to change, this natural nature towards misbehavior, to a natural nature of good behavior…

Be blessed in your growing and searching into the God who has called you to Himself…

Romans 13 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Isaiah 52:1 - Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean. (Verses like Isaiah 52:1

Isaiah 61 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Be blessed in the meditating and than the experiencing of why it is worded as, to put it on…

In the Beloved, Not me

Yes, trials strip away that which is not Christ.

Much love!

Be blessed in the stripping….

Oh, to be stripped the more…

A fellow servant, Not me

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A religious cloak is something trying to act according to what it is not by nature…. Being an outward shell and not the thing itself…

Good guess, for you are on track, for loving righteousness is the natural action of the new creation, it does not have to try to be good or to love righteousness for its behavior is dictated by its nature…

For just like a dog doesn’t have to try to act like a dog, or a cat, act like a cat, their behavior is a natural act of their nature…Just as it is inherent in all fallen nature to act according to its disorderly nature..

The same with the new creation which is the Divine nature come to birth in one, it does by nature that which is natural to it, which is doing the good proper and right… For just as a spark only knows one direction and that is up… So all natures must act according to what they are…

For just as every child is taught to behave and never to misbehave… Why? Because the misbehavior is the natural action of that life which is born of the fall… This is what Christ came to change, this natural nature towards misbehavior, to a natural nature of good behavior…

Be blessed in your growing and searching into the God who has called you to Himself…

Be blessed in the meditating and than the experiencing of why it is worded as, to put it on…

In the Beloved, Not me

Be blessed in the stripping….

Oh, to be stripped the more…

A fellow servant, Not me
Thank you, and you be blessed in the anointing of the power of the Spirit of Truth in teaching His Word...the Rhema of truth.

And I have an answer...in part...the reason we must put on these things is because it isn't a part of us it is all attributes of Jesus and we are clothing ourselves with all His attributes.
We put on Jesus, righteousness, praise, armor...etc.
All these garments come from His closet. Amen!

Reactions: Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you, and you be blessed in the anointing of the power of the Spirit of Truth in teaching His Word...the Rhema of truth.

And I have an answer...in part...the reason we must put on these things is because it isn't a part of us it is all attributes of Jesus and we are clothing ourselves with all His attributes.
We put on Jesus, righteousness, praise, armor...etc.
All these garments come from His closet. Amen!

You also be blessed, as Christ is formed in us, will we all see clearer and clearer…

A fellow follower of His, Not me