In Christ Testimony:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone ask me one time; what is it you do? What is it you are saying and doing? You are stirring people up at times and what is that. You don't seem like a trouble maker but sometimes you do - what is that?

Well I was taken back a little but could understand the quite lengthy question. I did have to think for a minute as I casually danced around the question. I didn't really know how to answer at first but I do have an agenda but it took just a minute to put that agenda in words.

So I started by saying "I want people to know that Christ is in them. Christ is in every born-again believer and a lot of Christians do not know that. Or they forget or never have had it explained to them and put in scripturual terms. For whatever reason it is just not a common knowledge. Or it is a knowledge that we do not deem necessary because we can read it in the scriptures and see it is a finished deal (as far as Christ in you), but seem to glean over the top of that.

As I further thought about it: it was my own testimony that I was giving.

I had spent some years in Christ and really didn't know much about the in Christ message or Christ being in the born-again believer. But that was changing by the word. I was beginning to see; Christ was in the born-again believer - as their only life. That was the deal-breaker for me; as a gentleman had me cornered one time and begin to testify to me about Christ in me, and Christ being my only life, and the only life of every born-again believer. I saw it, by the Holy Spirit right then and there, by revelation - if you will. I saw Christ as the life of every born-again believer in a moment, at that instant. I could see in Paul's writings, which I was really not a new testament style understanding preacher. I preached mainly from the Old Testament because I loved the stories. The history, and types and shadows in the Old Testament. I just felt in my spirit that is what I was to preach, and could easily get a message from the Old Testament scriptures because they spoke to me at the time (my understanding and the way the Lord was leading me).

But now I could see Paul was talking directly to the born-again. He had a specific message and that message had to be listened to to make it all scripture fit, to have it out (the scriptures). It was 'the gospel' Paul called it, and anything else would lead to trouble, Gal. 1:7-8. It was given to him directly from Jesus Christ - being caught up in the 3rd heaven's - he recieved information that had to be heeded by believers in order to understand Christ as life. Scripture can only be rightly divided by Paul's gispel, and the understanding. And it had come directly from that life Source (the risen lord), directly to Paul to give directly to us; the born-again. Paul was not talking to the Jew or the gentile (not in the gospel), he pin pointed his gospel to a direct people - the born again.

But time proved different for me from the Old Testament preacher to; Christ as life (how shall they hear).

Thank God because it has led to something that can far out weigh any doctrine, anything man can put together, anything - nothing can compare to understanding Christ in you as life and only life. Only life means; you have seen the the cross and your death in Christ on that cursed tree, and you express that life as you are. And now you can see by the Spirit that God Almighty; Who in sundry times had spoke by the prophets of old - now speaks by his Son, Hebrews1:1. 'The father of lights' has purposely placed his seed in you and you were birthed - born-again the moment you believed! Therefore he will speak to you only by the Son now.

Paul was a determined man - what he determined should be examined by every born-again believer.

2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.

4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

5 that your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

7 but we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: - 1 Corinthians 2:2-7.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks and David H.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank God because it has led to something that can far out weigh any doctrine, anything man can put together, anything - nothing can compare to understanding Christ in you as life and only life. Only life means; you have seen the the cross and your death in Christ on that cursed tree, and you express that life as you are. And now you can see by the Spirit that God Almighty; Who in sundry times had spoke by the prophets of old - now speaks by his Son, Hebrews1:1. 'The father of lights' has purposely placed his seed in you and you were birthed - born-again the moment you believed! Therefore he will speak to you only by the Son now.

Amen!
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6)

Reactions: soul man and farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Someone ask me one time; what is it you do? What is it you are saying and doing? You are stirring people up at times and what is that. You don't seem like a trouble maker but sometimes you do - what is that?

Well I was taken back a little but could understand the quite lengthy question. I did have to think for a minute as I casually danced around the question. I didn't really know how to answer at first but I do have an agenda but it took just a minute to put that agenda in words.

So I started by saying "I want people to know that Christ is in them. Christ is in every born-again believer and a lot of Christians do not know that. Or they forget or never have had it explained to them and put in scripturual terms. For whatever reason it is just not a common knowledge. Or it is a knowledge that we do not deem necessary because we can read it in the scriptures and see it is a finished deal (as far as Christ in you), but seem to glean over the top of that.

I had spent some years in Christ and really didn't know much about the in Christ message or Christ being in the born-again believer. But that was changing by the word. I was beginning to see; Christ was in the born-again believer - as their only life. That was the deal-breaker for me; as a gentleman had me cornered one time and begin to testify to me about Christ in me, and Christ being my only life, and the only life of every born-again believer. I saw it, by the Holy Spirit right then and there, by revelation - if you will. I saw Christ as the life of every born-again believer in a moment, at that instant. I could see in Paul's writings, which I was really not a new testament style understanding preacher. I preached mainly from the Old Testament because I loved the stories. The history, and types and shadows in the Old Testament. I just felt in my spirit that is what I was to preach, and could easily get a message from the Old Testament scriptures because they spoke to me at the time (my understanding and the way the Lord was leading me).

But now I could see Paul was talking directly to the born-again. He had a specific message and that message had to be listened to to make it all scripture fit, to have it out (the scriptures). It was 'the gospel' Paul called it, and anything else would lead to trouble, Gal. 1:7-8. It was given to him directly from Jesus Christ - being caught up in the 3rd heaven's - he recieved information that had to be heeded by believers in order to understand Christ as life. Scripture can only be rightly divided by Paul's gispel, and the understanding. And it had come directly from that life Source (the risen lord), directly to Paul to give directly to us; the born-again. Paul was not talking to the Jew or the gentile (not in the gospel), he pin pointed his gospel to a direct people - the born again.

But time proved different for me from the Old Testament preacher to; Christ as life (how shall they hear).

Paul was a determined man - what he determined should be examined by every born-again believer.

2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.

4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

5 that your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

7 but we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: - 1 Corinthians 2:2-7.
@soul man I've been thinking about this text: "For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost."

Reactions: soul man

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi soul man,

There is much wisdom there! We speak of what we know. What we care about. Paul wrote we comfort others with the comfort we ourselves have received.

Being able to see God's hand in our own lives shows us His power, unmistakably! I know that I know that I know what God did in me. Just as you know completely what He did in you.

In my life the focus was slightly different . . . I'd describe my experience when God started really showing me about this life using different words, but I think what happened was just the same. I think the hurdle we have to clear is to trust that He's enough for us.

Christ IS in me, and Christ in me IS my hope of glory!

Someone wrote on another thread, I forget who, that forgiveness of sins that were before we became Christians is enough, since our life on earth ended at that moment anyway.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@soul man PS: Peter could say in 2 Peter 3.1: "...I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance..."

Sometimes the stirring up can be in a good sense! :)
That would depend on one thing and one thing alone . What are we stirring folks up with , REMEMBRANCE of TRUTH , or something else .
When we stir one another up , Sound doctrine is key . REMIND the folks of the original pattern , the JESUS in that bible . The truth .
All else is wind and vanity and though it does so stir up emotions , it leads to death alone .
Never forget that often the word GRAVE was given . be grave , be sincere . Speak truth and while most wont hear , At least some might .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
That would depend on one thing and one thing alone . What are we stirring folks up with , REMEMBRANCE of TRUTH , or something else .
When we stir one another up , Sound doctrine is key . REMIND the folks of the original pattern , the JESUS in that bible . The truth .
All else is wind and vanity and though it does so stir up emotions , it leads to death alone .
Never forget that often the word GRAVE was given . be grave , be sincere . Speak truth and while most wont hear , At least some might .
Excellent ref. to sound doctrine there...

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi soul man,

There is much wisdom there! We speak of what we know. What we care about. Paul wrote we comfort others with the comfort we ourselves have received.

Being able to see God's hand in our own lives shows us His power, unmistakably! I know that I know that I know what God did in me. Just as you know completely what He did in you.

In my life the focus was slightly different . . . I'd describe my experience when God started really showing me about this life using different words, but I think what happened was just the same. I think the hurdle we have to clear is to trust that He's enough for us.

Christ IS in me, and Christ in me IS my hope of glory!

Someone wrote on another thread, I forget who, that forgiveness of sins that were before we became Christians is enough, since our life on earth ended at that moment anyway.

Much love!

Well said marks!