IN CHRIST

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Luk 18:13 But the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote his breast, saying, God, be thou merciful to me a sinner. 14 I say unto you, This man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be humbled; but he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Pre new covanant try again. You really dont get the Old covanant and the new one do you?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh man what is it you do not understand. To make it easy..

Rom 7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
Rom 7:2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
Rom 7:3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
Rom 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
Rom 7:5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
Rom 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
The Law and Sin
Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
Rom 7:8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
Rom 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
Rom 7:10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
Rom 7:11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
Rom 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
Rom 7:13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.
Rom 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Rom 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Rom 7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Rom 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Rom 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Rom 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

That is the best description of where a Christian is supposed to be. We still live in thsi "sinful" flesh but we are too supposed to be walking in the Spirit.

Again

2Co 12:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
2Co 12:8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
2Co 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Christ never came to stop us sinning He came so

Rom_8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

And whi is that, so we dont sound like this man

Luk 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
Luk 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

and also

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Arrogant and proud as we are, always looking for ways to "exalt" ourselves over others. Ever noticed how "christians" will find something they do not do than they go and tell all the other christians that they are sinners because they do it.

This bit

Luk 11:45 Then answered one of the lawyers, and said unto him, Master, thus saying thou reproachest us also.
Luk 11:46 And he said, Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers.

We today can stand before God, not because anything we have done but because of what Jesus has done. Whe nwe truly receive and believe Him,

Gal_3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Eph_4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

And so God when you stand before Him, no longer sees you as the sinful man but as teh "rigteousness of Christ". You will never see any one who has being before God, boasting that they got there on there own merits because they know where they come from and in whom is their salvation.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sword is on a roll. He is right that there are no words where God calls His children sinners. But sword wants others to think he is not a sinner while living in sinful flesh.

As for the sinful FLESH it is under the curse applied to it when Adam dis-believed God. We know the sinful flesh is sinful because it dies because of the curse,

But the children of God are children in their spirit and it will never die.

This thread started with what I wrote about "our Ark" where God puts His children in the Ark He built which is Jesus Christ. Go look at what sword did to that post. He buried it with several post of other scriptures to make him self look more knowledgeable. A child of God would understand by what I posted that they are safe "in Christ". That is why I posted it. Sword just wants to outdo everyone to exalt himself. I think pride is his motive.

Last edited:

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
sword is on a roll. He is right that there are no words where God calls His children sinners. But sword wants others to think he is not a sinner while living in sinful flesh.

As for the sinful FLESH it is under the curse applied to it when Adam dis-believed God. We know the sinful flesh is sinful because it dies because of the curse,

But the children of God are children in their spirit and it will never die.

This thread started with what I wrote about "our Ark" where God puts His children in the Ark He built which is Jesus Christ. Go look at what sword did to that post. He buried it with several post of other scriptures to make him self look more knowledgeable. A child of God would understand by what I posted that they are safe "in Christ". That is why I posted it. Sword just wants to outdo everyone to exalt himself. I think pride is his motive.

See this is you now getting very very close to lying,
So stop talking nonsense and adding to what I say or said. If you are going to make any claims about me then at least quote me saying it other wise you are telling lies.

This is a quote about me in another thread.
[QUOTE="Sword, post: 309438, member: 7310"I fail I fall I get angry I swear I waste precoius time. I fight with my wife I mistreat her more than I want to, I struggle with loving my children because of my flesh and serveing my flesh. BUt I know what God says about me and I am learning to live for You ie living not for my self. But living to serve. If your hurt about anything you living for YOU. We need to die. Really need to die. Dead people dont get hurt. Hidden in Christ you want get hurt. No longer i who live But Christ who lives in me. Its either true about you are not.
]Pre new covanant try again. You really dont get the Old covanant and the new one do you?[/QUOTE]

I already asked you H. Richard to qoute where I said I do not sin. twice you accused me of this. Now last time I ask you either back it up with a quote or I will report you for breaking The forum agreement. Getting a little tired of the lying in here.
So dont tell me I said I was sinless. I never said it. If I did you quote it.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We are not under a curse, it was removed in the old covanant let alone the new. Ezicial before you ask. Look it up I will not tell you where.
Why are you trying to teach and totally cluless in doing so.
James told you not to do it.

Last edited:

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Christ directly calls Peter "evil," not sure how much more one could expect lol

especially with the supporting passages.

and the religious are characterized as the most evil, not the least.
petes sake man He was talking to satan not peter. He was also revealing to peter what was happening through him by satan.

Am other poor atempt to prove God calls us sinners how many goes do yall need lol.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Pre new covanant try again. You really dont get the Old covanant and the new one do you?

That you even replied to this speaks volumes to me. However, you just discounted the words of your "Saviour" as caring any sort of weight to you. You just declared them as meaningless. You reject the OT, and now here you are in effect rejecting the "Gospels". Have you torn them out of your "Bible" and flung them into the sea since those words are so worthless to you? You may as well.

1Ti 1:15 Faithful is the saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief:

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
petes sake man He was talking to satan not peter. He was also revealing to peter what was happening through him by satan.

Am other poor atempt to prove God calls us sinners how many goes do yall need lol.

Was he actually talking to "satan", or was he calling Peter "an adversary", as that which Peter spoke was contrary to the plan of "God"?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
more like how many do you need, i mean c'mon Sword; "if you sau you have no son, you lie, "sinner, saved by grace," etc.

imo "perfect" for us might be "willing to avail yourself of grace," or iow willing to admit wrongs and apologize and correct them, like David. You suggest that one might be in the Spirit at all times, but you still have to eat, right. You do not get transmuted to Glory the moment you accept Christ.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not under a curse, it was removed in the old covanant let alone the new. Ezicial before you ask. Look it up I will not tell you where.
Why are you trying to teach and totally cluless in doing so.
James told you not to do it.
If you are saying our sinful flesh is not under the curse then prove it. Show us the scripture that says the flesh is no longer under the curse. The world and all flesh is under the curse. The curse is that all flesh dies.

Your quoting James shows your lack of understanding about grace. James was not written to the those under grace. If you say it is then you are saying the Holy Spirit lied when He had James write James 1:1.

Those that do not understand that God has changed His requirements in the several dispensations will just blend everything together and come out with confusion.

There was a dispensation of the Garden, The fall of man, the calling out of Abraham to be the start of a new race of people, God dealing with His people the Jews, the calling out of Paul to preach the gospel of God's grace. In each dispensation God dealt with mankind in a different way. After God's people, the Jews, refused Jesus as their king God has caused a spiritual blindness to fall on the Jews and has reached out to the Gentiles with a gospel of Grace where He, God, has accomplished all that is required for man's salvation.

But religious people do not want to hear about dispensations. They ignore what Paul wrote so they can saddle everyone with things written to those under the law.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Come on sword, show us where the Holy Spirit said the book of James was addressed to the Gentile church under grace.

Come on sword, show us where it is written that the sinful flesh does not die.

It is true that the flesh body of a child of God will be changed at the rapture because it is still under the curse.

Last edited:

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Since you say "i" (meaning me) doesn't get it then suppose you tell me about it. Are you under a covenant? Tell me what it is. What is the difference between the old and your new covenant. And don't go where it says God will make a new covenant with Israel since it is not with those under grace.