In his authority

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Hi to all, peace and love in our Lord to you :)

The Lord showed me something today, and I thought I would share. It's quite a simple thing but it's rather neat as it puts things into their place in our hearts.

The Lord says 'whatever you ask in my name, I will give to you'. It says something to this effect a few times, and I think most of us have seen the confusion it leads to when a prayer is not answered. We question, we wonder... We even say 'How come, I said "in Jesus name'" at the end?'

All that comes from a lack of understanding. It is simply human. I've been guilty of it; not seeing beyond myself and looking to God.

Here's the neat thing: in his name means in his authority. The Greek word is actually the same, and we also use it this way in the world when, for example, a man says 'In the name of _____, you are under arrest'. That is like the centurion who understands authority. Here's the key; to do things in his authority is to do them in submission to him. In other words, 'yet your will be done, not mine'.

So to pray in the name of the Lord Jesus is to pray in a heart of submission to him! Here's the trick, you can only pray out of the part of your heart that is submitted to Him for this to be true, so you can't ask for whatever you attach your heart to that isn't according to his will and expect the Lord to honor it :lol:

It's beautiful when we realize that the Lord is simply looking for our submission in our prayers... I have been seeing his power manifest and my prayers answered as I have surrendered all, including my requests, under him! Praise the Lord :D

May he open our understanding and our spiritual eyes that we would come to be in fellowship with him!

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Amen Prentis! Yes, it is exactly right! Jesus doesn't promise to give us our every wish and demand! We must remember that it's not about us! How would us having a porche give glory to Him? When we submit to His will, not ours, then our prayers will echo things that bring and show His glory!

Reactions: Prentis

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Amen Prentis! Yes, it is exactly right! Jesus doesn't promise to give us our every wish and demand! We must remember that it's not about us! How would us having a porche give glory to Him? When we submit to His will, not ours, then our prayers will echo things that bring and show His glory!

Amen! Where our treasure is, there our heart will be also... If we make our treasure in Christ, if our prize is indeed Christ and we wish to attain him, if that is the cry of our hearts, then our prayers will echo this. As it says, "out of the overflowing of the heart speaks the mouth", and "streams of living water will flow from the heart of him who loves me"! Blessings to you, sister :)

NicholasMarks

Aug 23, 2011
Amen! Where our treasure is, there our heart will be also... If we make our treasure in Christ, if our prize is indeed Christ and we wish to attain him, if that is the cry of our hearts, then our prayers will echo this. As it says, "out of the overflowing of the heart speaks the mouth", and "streams of living water will flow from the heart of him who loves me"! Blessings to you, sister :)

It is my understanding that Almighty God answers every prayer...but not in the way we expect. God knows exactly what we need even before we ask it and this is what he gives us, freely, if we ask in the right way.

There is nothing more exhilarating or refreshing than having the inner strength to guide us through difficult days...even direct us away from the causes of those difficult days before they arrive. This is the product of healthy prayer as Jesus Christ taught it. We become partakers in God's active force which supplies the knowledge, understanding and the strength to cope with all adversity...especially when inspired from evil sources...whilst many others fall foul of them.

Jake

Aug 21, 2011
Western US
If we are truly abiding in Christ, we will not be praying outside of His will, we will already be in submission to Him, and asking in His name is His authority, that is why the prayers of a righteous man are very powerful.

Anything not of faith is sin, when we pray, we pray in faith, believing we have received it before seeing it, the Bible tells us that we do not receive because of lack of faith.

The Lord bless you all.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
If we are truly abiding in Christ, we will not be praying outside of His will, we will already be in submission to Him, and asking in His name is His authority, that is why the prayers of a righteous man are very powerful.

Anything not of faith is sin, when we pray, we pray in faith, believing we have received it before seeing it, the Bible tells us that we do not receive because of lack of faith.

The Lord bless you all.

Yes. Well said, brother.

We must not be double-minded when asking the Lord for things. But with one mind (ie our minds set on him only, and not earthly things) we must seek him for his will. That is how we knock, and the door is opened, and we seek, and find. :)

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
Oh you silly goose Prentis you tax yourself too much. Way to tax yourself for God though instead of a fancy automobile or a beautiful woman.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Brother, I'll say it plainly, you haven't understood what I communicated in the other thread at all, and am saddened that you would think of me this way. :mellow:

I do think we need to be righteous, to do what is right before God, to feed the poor. But we can't focus on it.

May God bless you!

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
Brother, I'll say it plainly, you haven't understood what I communicated in the other thread at all, and am saddened that you would think of me this way. :mellow:

I do think we need to be righteous, to do what is right before God, to feed the poor. But we can't focus on it.

May God bless you!

Well then maybe God is showing me that I need to work on my understanding. I can be a pretty brutally honest guy sometimes If I think a girl is pretty I have no problem walking right up and telling her. You seem like a machine with the Jesus quotes I was just wondering if you get out of the church much or whatever....

Jake

Aug 21, 2011
Western US
Well then maybe God is showing me that I need to work on my understanding. I can be a pretty brutally honest guy sometimes If I think a girl is pretty I have no problem walking right up and telling her. You seem like a machine with the Jesus quotes I was just wondering if you get out of the church much or whatever....
Seems how we ARE the church, we live the church, breath the church, we are His Body, which is the church, we're not to "get out of it", we're to live it.

I will join you in prayer for your understanding.

Blessings to you.

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
Seems how we ARE the church, we live the church, breath the church, we are His Body, which is the church, we're not to "get out of it", we're to live it.

I will join you in prayer for your understanding.

Blessings to you.

No Jake I mean the physical building of the church, do you ever rub elbows with sinners like Jesus did ? Pray for them try and tell them the gospel ?

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Hahaha... Lord bless your heart brother!

I find that kind of funny, on the one hand I'm told I'm a Jesus quote machine, and on the other, I make a bible study and some people tell me I don't give enough verses. :lol:

I don't go to church buildings (atleast it's very rare)... The deception is just too simple: put a label on it and somehow it becomes what the label says.

Here's a church! (Points to big building)
Here's a pastor! (Points to man with suit, tie, and bachelors in theology)

Really?

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
Hahaha... Lord bless your heart brother!

I find that kind of funny, on the one hand I'm told I'm a Jesus quote machine, and on the other, I make a bible study and some people tell me I don't give enough verses. :lol:

I don't go to church buildings (atleast it's very rare)... The deception is just too simple: put a label on it and somehow it becomes what the label says.

Here's a church! (Points to big building)
Here's a pastor! (Points to man with suit, tie, and bachelors in theology)

Really?

http://stormtyy.file...jpg?w=460&h=306

haha that's great church is not the best place to practice what Jesus was talking about. Unless they are changing money in there and you feel like kicking a table over.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
:lol:

Jake there had just sent me a quote that applies here.
Christianity is so entangled with the world that millions never guess how radically they have missed the New Testament pattern. Compromise is everywhere. A.W. Tozer

Jake

Aug 21, 2011
Western US
No Jake I mean the physical building of the church, do you ever rub elbows with sinners like Jesus did ? Pray for them try and tell them the gospel ?
Of course I do, otherwise I would not be apart of His Church!

I've had 3 opportunities just today to share the works of God and the gospel on a college campus, that is my purpose of being here. We are the light of the world, we are the city on the hill, to further His Kingdom. We are to be about Him every second of every day.

Bless you.

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
Of course I do, otherwise I would not be apart of His Church!

I've had 3 opportunities just today to share the works of God and the gospel on a college campus, that is my purpose of being here. We are the light of the world, we are the city on the hill, to further His Kingdom. We are to be about Him every second of every day.

Bless you.

Good stuff just try not to shout in the future. Love you bro

Jake

Aug 21, 2011
Western US
:lol:

Jake there had just sent me a quote that applies here.
Christianity is so entangled with the world that millions never guess how radically they have missed the New Testament pattern. Compromise is everywhere. A.W. Tozer
:lol: Hey, no fair brother! :)

I ran across this one, too, which fits here as well:

"Evangelical Christianity is now tragically now below the New Testament standard. Worldliness is now an accepted part of our way of life. Our religious mood is social, not spiritual. We have lost the art of worship. We are not producing saints. Our models are successful business men, celebrated athletes, and theatrical personalities. We carry on our religious activities after the methods of the modern advertiser. Our literature is shallow and our hymnody borders on sacrilege. And scarcely anyone seems to care." A.W. Tozer

Peace and love to you all!