In praise of Mary!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We fly to Thy protection oh holy mother of God, despise not our petitions but in Thy mercy hear and answer me! Amen!

Why are you asking a dead person to protect you? If you want results, pray to God.

Also, Matthew 6:5-6, “Whenever you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, because they love to pray while standing in synagogues and on street corners so that people can see them. Truly I say to you, they have their reward! But whenever you pray, go into your inner room, close the door, and pray to your Father in secret. And your Father, who sees in secret, will reward you."

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you asking a dead person to protect you? If you want results, pray to God.

St. Michael is an angel!
He did not die???

Also, Matthew 6:5-6, “Whenever you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, because they love to pray while standing in synagogues and on street corners so that people can see them. Truly I say to you, they have their reward! But whenever you pray, go into your inner room, close the door, and pray to your Father in secret. And your Father, who sees in secret, will reward you."

It is prayer to God thru the intercession of Saint Michael

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

is that the only way to pray?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jn 11:25 not dead
Matt 16;18 18:18
Bound in heaven forever

APOSTOLIC CONSTITUTION OF
POPE PIUS XII
MUNIFICENTISSIMUS DEUS
DEFINING THE DOGMA OF THE ASSUMPTION

“We pronounce, declare, and define it to be a divinely revealed dogma: that the Immaculate Mother of God, the ever Virgin Mary, having completed the course of her earthly life, was assumed body and soul into heavenly glory.”

With authority of Jesus Christ, what do you suppose He will do to those who commit blasphemy against His revealed dogma’s

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

is the Lord’s Prayer the only acceptable prayer

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
is the Lord’s Prayer the only acceptable prayer

Why do you even ask a question like that? Of course the Lord's Prayer isn't the only acceptable prayer. Any prayer directed to God is acceptable. He is our father and wants to hear from us, both praise and request.

There is nothing Biblical about praying to Mary or any of the "saints".

Reactions: Nancy

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jn 11:25 not dead
Matt 16;18 18:18
Bound in heaven forever

APOSTOLIC CONSTITUTION OF
POPE PIUS XII
MUNIFICENTISSIMUS DEUS
DEFINING THE DOGMA OF THE ASSUMPTION

“We pronounce, declare, and define it to be a divinely revealed dogma: that the Immaculate Mother of God, the ever Virgin Mary, having completed the course of her earthly life, was assumed body and soul into heavenly glory.”

With authority of Jesus Christ, what do you suppose He will do to those who commit blasphemy against His revealed dogma’s

Pope Pius XII was just a man and all men are fallible. It doesn't matter if he believed that Mary was assumed body and soul into heavenly glory. The Bible doesn't say that, so it's just a Catholic myth.

Sola scriptura.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you even ask a question like that? Of course the Lord's Prayer isn't the only acceptable prayer. Any prayer directed to God is acceptable. He is our father and wants to hear from us, both praise and request.

There is nothing Biblical about praying to Mary or any of the "saints".

We only pray to God as well

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saint Joseph, patron of the universal church, pray for us!

oh Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pope Pius XII was just a man and all men are fallible. It doesn't matter if he believed that Mary was assumed body and soul into heavenly glory. The Bible doesn't say that, so it's just a Catholic myth.

Sola scriptura.

matt 16:18-19 and 18:18
Authority from Christ to bind all Christians to believe the truths revealed by Christ and taught by holy church

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
matt 16:18-19 and 18:18
Authority from Christ to bind all Christians to believe the truths revealed by Christ and taught by holy church

Matthew 16:23, "But he turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me [the opposite of "on this rock...], because you are not setting your mind on God’s interests, but on man’s.

Matthew 18:21, " Then Peter [the doubter] came to him and said, “Lord, how many times must I forgive my brother who sins against me? As many as seven times?” Clearly, Peter had a problem with forgiveness!

You have a strange way of applying Scripture! There is nothing in these verses about binding Christians -- a very strange choice of words!

BTW, the "holy church" is not the Catholic denomination, it tis the whole body of Christ.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 16:23, "But he turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me [the opposite of "on this rock...], because you are not setting your mind on God’s interests, but on man’s.

Matthew 18:21, " Then Peter [the doubter] came to him and said, “Lord, how many times must I forgive my brother who sins against me? As many as seven times?” Clearly, Peter had a problem with forgiveness!

You have a strange way of applying Scripture! There is nothing in these verses about binding Christians -- a very strange choice of words!

BTW, the "holy church" is not the Catholic denomination, it tis the whole body of Christ.

does that remove Peter’s authority as head of the church on earth and prince of the apostles???

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“In praIse of Mary” <—> OP thread.
“Unorthodox Forum”.

One human PRAISING another human’s EFFORTS, WORKS, is one thing.

One CREATED human MAKING another CREATED human;
the
LIFE, WAY, ORDER, INTERCESSORY, “TO GOD”.... IS FALSE TEACHING.
the
ADVOCATE, BREATH, PARENT, “OF GOD” ............IS FALSE TEACHING.

God’s :
EXISTENCE, KNOWLEDGE, WORD, WISDOM, LIFE, POWER, SPIRIT...
HAS NO BEGINNING....HAS NO ENDING...God can NOT CHANGE.

TERRESTRIAL (Earthly) manKIND:
....HAS a Beginning...HAS an Ending.
....ManKIND CAN Become MADE CHANGED Spiritual Forever....
........................................................and Forever Remembered.
....ManKIND CAN Become MADE Destroyed Forever....
.......................................................and Forever Forgotten.

PRAISING...speaking highly of, singing songs about: is one thing.
DEVOTION...advocating, participating
in remembering Mary’s role: is one thing.
WORSHIPING... praying to in Reverence, bowing down to in Reverence: is one thing.

When YOU preach and teach, MARY IS, the Sinless, Life, Breath, Order, Intercessory, Advocate, Parent “OF God.....and THEN TEACH TO BOW DOWN Before STATUTES, IDOLS, that ARE TAUGHT, ARE....VISUAL representations OF Mary....

YOU ARE TEACHING Beyond Praise, Beyond Devotion, TO: the intent and extent;
OF WORSHIPING MARY.

YOUR “INTENT” IS established, VIA your “TEACHING” of “her supposed SINLESSNESS and Reverence” ....and thereafter the Bowing, Prostrating TO a representative statue idol OF HER;
“IS WORSHIPING your taught and established sinless, HER”.

** Mary was naturally BORN in SIN, LIKE EVERY NATURAL BORN Terrestrial ManKIND of thing.
*** Turning A TRUTH INTO a LIE...(that Mary was naturally born SINLESS; IS accredited TO manKIND of men, calling themselves CATHOLIC Christians)

** The TRUTH IS Mary WAS naturally BORN “IN SIN AGAINST God”.
** AND VIA God’s OFFERING, “THROUGH Christ Jesus”, Human men “CAN BECOME MADE FORGIVEN of THEIR SIN, ONCE and FOREVER”. AND THEREAFTER...”ONCE and FOREVER WITH God”.

** The TRUTH IS Mary WAS naturally BORN “IN SIN Against God”....”AND”....Mary Received “Gods OFFERED GIFT of FORGIVENESS, of SOUL Salvation” AFTER Jesus’ DEATH, AFTER her CONFESSION of BELIEF....AND SHALL Receive Gods PROMISE of eternal LIFE in her BODY, ON THE DAY HER BODY IS RISEN UP....
** THE SAME AS ANY OTHER Terrestrial manKIND of thing.

Prostrating, bowing down to statues, (with the forethought the statue represents A NATURAL BORN SINLESS humanKIND of thing).... IS WORSHIPPING that IDOL representation.

Calling an “INTENT”, not an “INTENT”, is another LIE, upon a LIE.
The INTENT, was established, BY men calling themselves CATHOLIC, (proclaiming, teaching, preaching, advocating MARY was naturally born SINLESS)...
THE “INTENT” of Bowing down to a Statue of Mary.
IS Men Bowing BEFORE a Statue of Mary, WHO ARE “worshiping A “supposed” SINLESS human”.

Scripture TEACHES; TO MAKE NO IDOLS, NO STATUES, TO BOW DOWN.
Scripture TEACHES; ALL Terrestrial manKIND of things, ARE naturally Born IN SIN.

Lies upon Lies, Repeated Over and Over......DO NOT CHANGE the TRUTH.

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary was a Sinner ......she referred to her Son as her Savior.....only Sinners need Saviors....She is in Heaven Cringing at all of this Worship that belongs ONLY to her Son....and few, if any, know this better than she does.....Satan will use the most blessed of women to accomplish his #1 goal —- get your eyes off of Jesus!

Status
Not open for further replies.