In praise of Mary!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marine0311

Jun 26, 2022
New Roads , Louisiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Pax et Bonum
No Mary is not sinless:
copyChkboxOff.gif
Rom 3:10 - As it is written, There is no one righteous, no, not one: the only exception of course was Jesus as His Father was the Holy Spirit not so for Mary.

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Mary is not sinless:
copyChkboxOff.gif
Rom 3:10 - As it is written, There isnone righteous, no, not one: the only exception of course was Jesus as His Father was the Holy Spirit not so for Mary.

so marine can pontificate and declare truth, he must be an apostle

Proving Mary most holy, ever virgin mother of God & mother of our salvation is not a sinner!

Lk 1:28 Hail, Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women.

How can God fill a sinner with grace, and remain a sinner?
Hail Mary full of grace!

How can the Lord be with sinner?
The lord is with thee!

How can sinner be blessed!
Blessed art thou, and all generations shall call me blessed!

Lk 1: 43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

How can a sinner be the mother of God?

Lk 1: 45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.

How could sinner be faithful?

Lk 1: 46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,

How could a sinner magnify the Lord?

Lk 1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

How could sinner be humble?

Lk 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

How could sinner be the immaculate conception and the have the Holy Spirit accomplish the Miraculous conception of Jesus in Her?

Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

How could sinner be a perpetual Virgin bringing forth the savior of the world?

Jn 19:27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

How could sinner be our spiritual mother?

Lk 2:30 I have seen my salvation!

How could a sinner be the mother of our salvation?

Marine0311

Jun 26, 2022
New Roads , Louisiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess it depends on wether you believe scripture or not, which obviously you don’t. Jesus called the Apostle Paul out when he was consenting to the death of Christians , which I am pretty sure was a sin.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so marine can pontificate and declare truth, he must be an apostle

Proving Mary most holy, ever virgin mother of God & mother of our salvation is not a sinner!

Lk 1:28 Hail, Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women.

How can God fill a sinner with grace, and remain a sinner?
Hail Mary full of grace!

How can the Lord be with sinner?
The lord is with thee!

How can sinner be blessed!
Blessed art thou, and all generations shall call me blessed!

Lk 1: 43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

How can a sinner be the mother of God?

Lk 1: 45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.

How could sinner be faithful?

Lk 1: 46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,

How could a sinner magnify the Lord?

Lk 1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

How could sinner be humble?

Lk 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

How could sinner be the immaculate conception and the have the Holy Spirit accomplish the Miraculous conception of Jesus in Her?

Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

How could sinner be a perpetual Virgin bringing forth the savior of the world?

Jn 19:27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

How could sinner be our spiritual mother?

Lk 2:30 I have seen my salvation!

How could a sinner be the mother of our salvation?
And if Mary is sinless, her mom and dad had to be as well.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In 1990 an IRA bomb went off in Leicester, it rattled our windows and woke up our cat but miraculously nobody was hurt.
No doubt when they got back to Ireland they made a beeline for their local catholic church to confess to the priest in that box thing, it probably went like this-
BOMBERS- "Please forgive us father for we have sinned"
PRIEST- "What sin have you committed my sons?"
BOMBERS- "We woke up Dropships cat"
PRIEST- "Say a few "Hail Mary's" and your sins will be forgiven"

Last edited:

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In 1990 an IRA bomb went off in Leicester, it rattled our windows and woke up our cat but miraculously nobody was hurt.
No doubt when they got back to Ireland they made a beeline for their local catholic church to confess to the priest in that box thing, it probably went like this-
Your post is the very embodiment of evangelical bigotry and illustrates why I defend Catholics, even though I'm an evangelical who has successfully sued the Catholic church.

First, you have no clue as what the bombers did; you simply want to slander them without regard to the facts.
Second, your naive caricature reminds me of a restaurant conversation I rather recently overheard between 2 Catholics who had just returned from Confession. They were enthusiastically discussing how to identify hidden sins and sins of omission to enhance their longing for inner purification. Their priest had recommended 2 books on honest inner exploration to help them make more honest and accurate confession. Their joy was radiant as they displayed a spirituality far superior and deeper to the shallow level of consciousness typical of so many peevish judgmental evangelicals. So please try to display at least a modicum of grace and charity in your future responses.

Marine0311

Jun 26, 2022
New Roads , Louisiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your post is the very embodiment of evangelical bigotry and illustrates why I defend Catholics, even though I'm an evangelical who has successfully sued the Catholic church.

First, you have no clue as what the bombers did; you simply want to slander them without regard to the facts.
Second, your naive caricature reminds me of a restaurant conversation I rather recently overheard between 2 Catholics who had just returned from Confession. They were enthusiastically discussing how to identify hidden sins and sins of omission to enhance their longing for inner purification. Their priest had recommended 2 books on honest inner exploration to help them make more honest and accurate confession. Their joy was radiant as they displayed a spirituality far superior and deeper to the shallow level of consciousness typical of so many peevish judgmental evangelicals. So please try to display at least a modicum of grace and charity in your future responses.
It isn’t hard to figure out what bombers did they blew people up as was their intent. Why would a Christian defend bombers on either side ? Could it be your claim to an evangelical is only that a claim ? If a good Roman Catholic killed people with a bomb wouldn’t they tell their priest during confession ?

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
First, you have no clue as what the bombers did; you simply want to slander them without regard to the facts..

You've successfully sued the catholic church, good for you mate..:)
I've got no plans to sue them, I simply like putting the boot into their oddball beliefs.
As for the IRA bombers, they hate the English and they're catholics-
WIKI- "The Troubles" refers to the three-decade conflict between nationalists (mainly self-identified as Irish or Roman Catholic) and unionists (mainly self-identified as British or Protestant)"

Here ya go, this is the bomb that rattled our windows and woke up our cat-

IRA-Bomb_Feb-1990.jpg

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Marine and Dropship,

I'm not defending Irish bombers; I'm critiquing your penchant to define a whole movement (Catholicism) by its worst examplars and your glib penchant pontificating from ignorance about their confession habits. Readers will notice how you ducked my example of Catholics reading profound books on how to discern hidden sins, sins of omission, and unworthy motivation prior to going to Confession. Darkness flees the light.

Reactions: Philip James

Marine0311

Jun 26, 2022
New Roads , Louisiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Marine and Dropship,

I'm not defending Irish bombers; I'm critiquing your penchant to define a whole movement (Catholicism) by its worst examplars and your glib penchant pontificating from ignorance about their confession habits. Readers will notice how you ducked my example of Catholics reading profound books on how to discern hidden sins, sins of omission, and unworthy motivation prior to going to Confession. Darkness flees the light.

Marine0311

Jun 26, 2022
New Roads , Louisiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They could start with the obvious idolatry, Mary worship, and oral traditions that contradict scripture. I hate no one but as instructed by God, scripture, and the Holy Spirit I will tell them the truth. Looking for hidden sins while ignoring the blatant sins is nothing more than hypocrisy at its best.

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They could start with the obvious idolatry, Mary worship, and oral traditions that contradict scripture. I hate no one but as instructed by God, scripture, and the Holy Spirit I will tell them the truth. Looking for hidden sins while ignoring the blatant sins is nothing more than hypocrisy at its best.

Duh, the confessional priests and the deeply spiritual confessors in this case had nothing to do with "the blatant sins" of which you speak. Your bigotry prevents you from taking people one-at-a time.

Reactions: Philip James

Marine0311

Jun 26, 2022
New Roads , Louisiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Their blatant idolatry and disrespect for scripture is all about their hypocrisy.I am not a bigot, but I don’t believe God winks at their idolatry and Mary worship and gives them a pass to deny scripture with their scripture contradicting traditions.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
UH...

Matt 10:
[2] Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother;
[3] Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus;
[4] Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him.
[5] These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
[6] But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

LOL...Peter, Paul and uh Mary are all dead, returning to Dust.
None were called Heads, Prime Ministers, kings, queens, pope, holy father, mother of God.

Did Peter take the KEYS with Him to his grave?
No.

WHO has the KEYS to BIND and LOOSE...WHAT?

Matt.18
[1] At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?
[2] And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
[3] And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
[4] Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
[5] And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.

[15] Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
[16] But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
[17] And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.
[18] Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

BINDING and LOOSENING is the Authority of EVERY Converted man.

* Forgive a man his trespasses AGAINST you...that forgiveness SHALL BE LOOSED (permitted) IN HEAVEN.

* Forgive NOT a man his trespasses AGAINST you...Forgiveness of that trespass shall BE BOUND (forbidden) IN HEAVEN.

* SIN is Against God.
* ONLY God Forgives SIN.
* Men forgive men of TRESPASSES.

Jn 20:21-23

21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jn 20:21-23

21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

So? Jesus said to “them”, His disciples.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Mary is not sinless:
copyChkboxOff.gif
Rom 3:10 - As it is written, There is no one righteous, no, not one: the only exception of course was Jesus as His Father was the Holy Spirit not so for Mary.

Sinless yes! Gen 3:15 I will put enmity between thee and the woman, none of satan’s works are found in her!

———-

All have sinned? Rom 3:23
1) This verse can be seen as a generalization, like Matt 3:5.
2) Paul is quoting the OT all have sinned accept my people.
3) refers to original sin of which Mary was created without original sin. Gen 3:15 enmity with Satan Lk 1:28 full of grace, Lk 1:49 rev 12 satans adversary is Mary.
Its not absolute, Jesus, children under the age of reason, mentally ill or anyone without free will are Not Included!!! And Mary is not included! Gen 3:15 enmity, Lk 1:28 full of grace and blessed!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That means they are also not allowed to repent and accept Christ as their personal Lord and savior either!!!

Jn 20:23

Status
Not open for further replies.