'In quietness and confidence shall be your strength'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there,

I have been watching the news, and it is obviously largely taken up with the coronavirus, it's effect upon society, and the measures being taken to overcome the problem's associated with it. But I have left the television screen to come away by myself, for my mind is saturated by reports of humanity's efforts to counteract the devastating effects of this pandemic. So many stories of valour and bravery, kindness and consideration on the part of so many, as they seek to encourage and uplift those in lock-down. Singing and clapping and other expressions of appreciation for the work of those who serve on the front line of this invasion. All worthy of praise!

However, wonderful as it is to see the best of humanity at a time of crises, I feel that God is being lost amid the clamour. We have a form of godliness around us, which denies the power thereof. We must not let the good things of this world keep us from the best.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
many stories of valour and bravery, kindness and consideration on the part of so many, as they seek to encourage and uplift those in lock-down. Singing and clapping and other expressions of appreciation for the work of those who serve on the front line of this invasion. All worthy of praise!

It is heartening to hear of all the wonderful eforts to releave suffering but disheartening to hear of the self promotion and cruel scams etc.
Humanity is so blind hat even amid all the terrible trouble wears in they will not look to God.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is heartening to hear of all the wonderful efforts to relieve suffering but disheartening to hear of the self promotion and cruel scams etc.
Humanity is so blind that even amid all the terrible trouble we are in they will not look to God.
'And the cares of this world,
and the deceitfulness of riches,
and the lusts of other things entering in,
choke the word,
and it becometh unfruitful.'

(Mar 4:19)

Hello @Windmillcharge,

At times of disaster, during times of war, and with the onslaught of a pandemic such as this, I would expect people to turn to God for Help and support, but society seems to be finding it's help and support within the confines of it's own structure. With communication being so readily available, by telephone, web-cam, television and radio, the support structures of government and the NHS within the UK, we are cocooned. We have distractions, and entertainments to take our minds of our present circumstances. So that unless homeless, and without means of financial support, or physically incapable of managing without the help of others, what reason does anyone have to seek outside of themselves and the system for help and support. Our very abundance is making us poor, not financially, but spiritually. The things of this world are blinding man to his spiritual state, and his need of a Saviour.

I can't really express what I want to say adequately, but I thank you for your input.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At times of disaster, during times of war, and with the onslaught of a pandemic such as this, I would expect people to turn to God for Help and support, but society seems to be finding it's help and support within the confines of it's own structure.

maybe get what you are saying. I posted the other day but then deleted it that right now the poor (spiritually and physically) and the confused and the fearful are looking to the government to bring aide and relief. Depending on it. Heard someone the other day say all we have to depend on right now ...is the government. Then the churches want to complain over how the government is handling it. Was asking about this in contrast to all the money churches all over the world have banked right now from tithes. even now .. all the tithes from a body struggling paid in to keep a buildings power on and to keep that building from going under. What about keeping the people from going under and lifting them up. Think of the Benny Hinn’s, Joel osteens, the pretty catholic buildings, there are churches in my area (all denominations)that take up whole blocks up town ...some sitting on millions. Even my neighboring churches. Consider Acts 5:1-3 But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession, [2] And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet. [3] But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

“To keep back part of the price of the land” Luke 18:22-23 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. [23] And when he heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich.

The verse you quoted about being choked and brings forth no fruit. There is a ground there that brings forth fruit. Out of all there in those passages only one “Good ground” produces that which remains and yields. It doesn’t say “if”...but instead it will bear fruit. (Imo) it is the kingdom of God which the word says to seek first and He will provide what His body puts on which is the New Man. When all else fails. This ground bears the fruit of His Spirit, dressed of God. About the nurses and doctors on the front lines ...we don’t know. His word says you take joyfully the spoiling of your goods knowing you have a more enduring substance in heaven. Many are forsaking their own life and families to save others and to put others first. Putting everything they have in this life on the line...who is to say it is not for a better and enduring treasure in Heaven. God knows the heart and if any of them have turned to Him and To His strength in this time of trouble. I’m sorry that is so long...almost stopped posting because I don’t know how to do short.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@charity

:) As I see it, if you want to know why no credit is given to God in all this, just turn the TV off, stop listening to the buffoon media, and take a walk outside. Outside of the movie version of reality, there is no "pandemic". I'd reckon the populace would have to be taking a real beating beyond a well known flu before they even begin to consider looking to God for anything. Don't worry though, eventually God will loose patience and give them a beating they won't forget, a true beating the likes of which the world has never seen before, not this nonsensical media fiction we got going on now.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @VictoryinJesus,

It was the fact that Ananias and Sapphira lied to the Holy Spirit that resulted in their deaths, wasn't it? and not that they had kept back part of the price. For they were under no obligation to give anything at all. It was required in those that gave to do so with a willing heart. A heart that had been made willing by His spirit (Exodus 35:5-21).

* What a great and mighty God we have!
* Praise His Holy Name!

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: Heart2Soul

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@charity
:) As I see it, if you want to know why no credit is given to God in all this, just turn the TV off, stop listening to the buffoon media, and take a walk outside. Outside of the movie version of reality, there is no "pandemic". I'd reckon the populace would have to be taking a real beating beyond a well known flu before they even begin to consider looking to God for anything. Don't worry though, eventually God will loose patience and give them a beating they won't forget, a true beating the likes of which the world has never seen before, not this nonsensical media fiction we got going on now.
Hello @Dcopypmope,

I know that ultimately God's wrath will fall on the disobedient, but now is the day of salvation, and the long-suffering of God is manifest, for it is not His will that any should perish, but that all should come to a knowledge of His saving grace. Praise His Holy Name!

This virus is a pandemic, we cannot deny that fact now: the deaths in your own country are testament to that; as it is in the other countries of the world. I just hope that in the quiet of their isolation, people will turn to God and find salvation through faith in the sacrificial work of His Beloved Son, while there is yet time.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Dcopypmope,

I know that ultimately God's wrath will fall on the disobedient, but now is the day of salvation, and the long-suffering of God is manifest, for it is not His will that any should perish, but that all should come to a knowledge of His saving grace. Praise His Holy Name!

This virus is a pandemic, we cannot deny that fact now: the deaths in your own country are testament to that; as it is in the other countries of the world. I just hope that in the quiet of their isolation, people will turn to God and find salvation through faith in the sacrificial work of His Beloved Son, while there is yet time.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Yes, now is the day of salvation, and it will be even after the chaos of the seven trumpets, for John says he saw:

(Revelation 14:6-7) "another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, {7} Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters."

This will be their last chance to repent before the seven plagues, the real plagues, are poured out. As for this plandemic, I don't consider the media as a "testament" to anything but Satan's lies. I have a brother who works in the hospital, around patients. There aren't any patients dropping dead in mass like the fake news media claims its happening. I highly advise you not bother getting tested for it either. The test itself is guesswork, its phony, because its based on the same pcr test used for HIV, a virus that, like all other so called "viruses" has never actually been proven to exist by the standard scientific method. What the buffoon media calls "viruses" are actually "bacteriaphages", which are little spores the body produces naturally to fend off harmful bacteria that causes illness. No actual so called "virus", or pathogen that supposedly invades a host has ever been isolated in a centrifuge tube. They still haven't even proven how the 1918 spanish flu spread from person to person despite numerous tests. You can look all this up yourself.

What real "viruses" actually are: 3 Ways Viruses Have Changed Science for the Better

12 Experts Questioning the Coronavirus Panic: https://off-guardian.org/2020/03/24...ipfRozvjgKTkgfa9sp7qK3pV1LJlzt66cDDEiYv7q1rrQ

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @VictoryinJesus,

It was the fact that Ananias and Sapphira lied to the Holy Spirit that resulted in their deaths, wasn't it? and not that they had kept back part of the price. For they were under no obligation to give anything at all. It was required in those that gave to do so with a willing heart. A heart that had been made willing by His spirit (Exodus 35:5-21).

See your point but what was the lie? Hebrews 10:33-34 Partly, whilst ye were made a gazingstock both by reproaches and afflictions; and partly, whilst ye became companions of them that were so used. [34] For ye had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance.

Again get what you are saying about “joyfully” and God loves a cheerful giver but you provided: the cares of this word choke out the word that it is unfruitful. Did you mean to contrast looking to the government and looking after those things coming upon the world which have no root with that good ground which bears fruit and the root is Christ? Mark 4:16-19 And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness; [17] And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.(blessed is he who is not offended in Me) [18] And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word, [19] And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.

Why bring up “the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lust of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful” if not to say that is what is going on in the world instead of Galatians 4:14–15 (YLT): and my trial that is in my flesh ye did not despise nor reject, but as a messenger of God ye did receive me—as Christ Jesus; 15what then was your happiness?

so a lie ...yeah. What was Ananias and Sapphira happiness in holding back and clinging to the cares and deceitfulness of riches ...deceit and a lie go hand in hand.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As for this plandemic, I don't consider the media as a "testament" to anything but Satan's lies. I have a brother who works in the hospital, around patients. There aren't any patients dropping dead in mass like the fake news media claims its happening. I highly advise you not bother getting tested for it either. The test itself is guesswork, its phony, because its based on the same pcr test used for HIV, a virus that, like all other so called "viruses" has never actually been proven to exist by the standard scientific method. What the buffoon media calls "viruses" are actually "bacteriaphages", which are little spores the body produces naturally to fend off harmful bacteria that causes illness. No actual so called "virus", or pathogen that supposedly invades a host has ever been isolated in a centrifuge tube. They still haven't even proven how the 1918 spanish flu spread from person to person despite numerous tests. You can look all this up yourself.
Your sentiments, besides being completely idiotic, are entirely offensive right now. The amount of deaths, job losses, bankruptcies, sacrifices, irreparable damages, lack of medical instruments and workers, unburied corpses, burials without a funeral, etc...
And you say, no problem, fake news.
Again, words cannot express how utterly apathetic and callous, inane and nonsensical, that you sound right now.

Reactions: Pearl

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
See your point but what was the lie? Hebrews 10:33-34 Partly, whilst ye were made a gazingstock both by reproaches and afflictions; and partly, whilst ye became companions of them that were so used. [34] For ye had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance.

Again get what you are saying about “joyfully” and God loves a cheerful giver but you provided: the cares of this word choke out the word that it is unfruitful. Did you mean to contrast looking to the government and looking after those things coming upon the world which have no root with that good ground which bears fruit and the root is Christ? Mark 4:16-19 And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness; [17] And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.(blessed is he who is not offended in Me) [18] And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word, [19] And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.

Why bring up “the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lust of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful” if not to say that is what is going on in the world instead of Galatians 4:14–15 (YLT): and my trial that is in my flesh ye did not despise nor reject, but as a messenger of God ye did receive me—as Christ Jesus; 15 what then was your happiness?

so a lie ...yeah. What was Ananias and Sapphira happiness in holding back and clinging to the cares and deceitfulness of riches ...deceit and a lie go hand in hand.
Hello @VictoryinJesus,

The lie of Ananias and Sapphira, was in claiming to have given all when they had not. Nothing more and nothing less. I did not refer to Ananias and Sapphira in my OP, it was you who mentioned them.

I quoted Mark 4:19 in reply#3, because it appeared to relate to what I wanted to express.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your sentiments, besides being completely idiotic, are entirely offensive right now. The amount of deaths, job losses, bankruptcies, sacrifices, irreparable damages, lack of medical instruments and workers, unburied corpses, burials without a funeral, etc...
Again, words cannot express how utterly apathetic and callous, inane and nonsensical, that you sound right now.

:rolleyes:.....Yep, and you got all that from the mainstream media, which I am not obligated to believe under any circumstances whatsoever. And what about all those alleged deaths in Italy?

Italy: Only 12% of “Covid19 deaths” list Covid19 as cause: https://off-guardian.org/2020/03/23...7w1QHJqj2L2hTm2NotqLPxhEkTy-z9BOBlnMdiGI6wxQa

onlyme17

Mar 31, 2020
Western Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

AMEN!!!

Reactions: DNB

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
:rolleyes:.....Yep, and you got all that from the mainstream media, which I am not obligated to believe under any circumstances whatsoever. And what about all those alleged deaths in Italy?

Italy: Only 12% of “Covid19 deaths” list Covid19 as cause: https://off-guardian.org/2020/03/23...7w1QHJqj2L2hTm2NotqLPxhEkTy-z9BOBlnMdiGI6wxQa
That's right, a world-wide conspiracy, everyone is in on it. Nice to see all the nations united in one purpose, to deliver fake news to the world. And who said that world couldn't all get along together?
I guess Mr. Fake News himself, Donald Trump, is making up his own stats too, ...of course, how else can he prove his Fake News theory. ...beyond ridiculous.
You're psychotic dcopymode!

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@DNB

The whole world doesn't have to be "in on it" for a scam, conspiracy, or project of some type to work, anymore than it did for the Manhattan project, or for the proposed "Operation Northwoods", which was a planned false flag operation against the Cuban government, devised by the United States Department of Defense. And you talk about a "world wide conspiracy" being ridiculous, yet your Bible speaks of one.

(Psalms 2:1-4) "Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? {2} The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying, {3} Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. {4} He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision."

:rolleyes:........

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@DNB

The whole world doesn't have to be "in on it" for a scam, conspiracy, or project of some type to work, anymore than it did for the Manhattan project, or for the proposed "Operation Northwoods", which was a planned false flag operation against the Cuban government, devised by the United States Department of Defense. And you talk about a "world wide conspiracy" being ridiculous, yet your Bible speaks of one.

:rolleyes:........
But the whole world is on it, what are you talking about?

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the whole world is on it, what are you talking about?

Its not, its over 7 billion people on this rock. What are YOU talking about?
default_rofl.gif

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Its not, its over 7 billion people on this rock. What are YOU talking about?
default_rofl.gif
Every nation are reporting lock-downs, unprecedented deaths, lack of medical supplies & workers, social distancing has been implemented in all major cities around the world, etc....
You're an absolute idiot, seriously!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The lie of Ananias and Sapphira, was in claiming to have given all when they had not.

Exactly. Luke 14:33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.
Other passages of forsaking even his own life, taking up and bearing his cross and follow Me...and the one thing you lack: distribute to the poor and come follow after Me and “My sheep hear My voice and follow Me”...many others. How do they fit with Ananias and sapphira Lie in saying they had given all of the price of the land? Is there such a thing as a little crucified with Christ and partaking in His suffering when Paul said Galatians 6:14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.
And then he took willingly the spoiling of his goods knowing of an better and enduring substance (treasure)in heaven.

Went to a bible study once and everyone was saying how the kingdom of heaven cost nothing ...is that true when it cost giving up your own ways which lead to death, and it cost giving up your own thoughts which again lead to death to follow after the only way which leads to Life ...for where the Spirit of God is there is Life and one must be born of Spirit otherwise he can not see the kingdom and reign of God.

I did not refer to Ananias and Sapphira in my OP, it was you who mentioned them.
Realize you didn’t bring them in to it. But what is the cost of the promised land?

I quoted Mark 4:19 in reply#3, because it appeared to relate to what I wanted to express.
Agree it relates. Was surprised though as you applied the parable to present in having a form of Godliness but denying the power thereof.
However, wonderful as it is to see the best of humanity at a time of crises, I feel that God is being lost amid the clamour. We have a form of godliness around us, which denies the power thereof. We must not let the good things of this world keep us from the best.

Hoping you will consider all the grounds there where either the seed is scorched, choked, or devoured or have no depth sown on stone with not much earth. if you will see it ...you have compared those having a form of godliness but denying the power of God (stone) with the new heart given Ezekiel 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Not stone or a stony heart which immediately receives it with gladness but when the trial and trouble comes becomes offended and falls away ...but a heart of flesh ...good ground with much depth where the root of Christ goes deep and endures. A heart of flesh where when shaken it remains. Luke 8:15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

You mentioned having a form of godliness in this world or turning to Him...it is there in the parables.

Last edited:

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every nation are reporting lock-downs, unprecedented deaths, lack of medical supplies & workers, social distancing has been implemented in all major cities around the world, etc....
You're an absolute idiot, seriously!

:rolleyes:.....Every nation also reported weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, and we all know how that turned out so.