'In quietness and confidence shall be your strength'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
:rolleyes:.....Every nation also reported weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, and we all know how that turned out so.
You're unbeievable!
These are countries reporting about themselves. Not one nation with an ulterior motive, making allegations about another.
Give it up, you sound ludicrous!

Steve Owen

Oct 13, 2019
Exmouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there,

I have been watching the news, and it is obviously largely taken up with the coronavirus, it's effect upon society, and the measures being taken to overcome the problem's associated with it. But I have left the television screen to come away by myself, for my mind is saturated by reports of humanity's efforts to counteract the devastating effects of this pandemic. So many stories of valour and bravery, kindness and consideration on the part of so many, as they seek to encourage and uplift those in lock-down. Singing and clapping and other expressions of appreciation for the work of those who serve on the front line of this invasion. All worthy of praise!

However, wonderful as it is to see the best of humanity at a time of crises, I feel that God is being lost amid the clamour. We have a form of godliness around us, which denies the power thereof. We must not let the good things of this world keep us from the best.

In Christ Jesus
Chris
Hello Charity,
I know just what you mean. I have been pondering Amos 4:6-12. This virus should be a wake-up call to an unbelieving world, but the world doesn't seem to be waking up just now.

But I was listening to a fine sermon by Alistair Begg earlier.
have a listen; I think you'll be blessed. The sermon comes at around 29 minutes, but the songs beforehand are good too.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello there,

I have been watching the news, and it is obviously largely taken up with the coronavirus, it's effect upon society, and the measures being taken to overcome the problem's associated with it. But I have left the television screen to come away by myself, for my mind is saturated by reports of humanity's efforts to counteract the devastating effects of this pandemic. So many stories of valour and bravery, kindness and consideration on the part of so many, as they seek to encourage and uplift those in lock-down. Singing and clapping and other expressions of appreciation for the work of those who serve on the front line of this invasion. All worthy of praise!

However, wonderful as it is to see the best of humanity at a time of crises, I feel that God is being lost amid the clamour. We have a form of godliness around us, which denies the power thereof. We must not let the good things of this world keep us from the best.

In Christ Jesus
Chris
"good things" , hmmm.....

Well, one good thing was searching for the historical things/ways/ believers trusting God used that overcame such problems as faced today world wide,

It was enlightening and so cool ! Even during the 'black death'/ 'black plague' , there were some groups, some households, it did not go near.

And in building the Panama Canal, one engineer failed, because of highly contagious y.fever and m.aria... , which the next engineer wiped out without drugs, and was able to complete building the Panama Canal....

Interesing in this country (USA) , how Europe clinics used simple techinques the last century, effectively, that were 'banned' or mostly 'silenced' in the USA.... people who find out are not worried in dealing with physical health troubles - the government and religious and so-called scientific /professionals have been a bigger problem/ danger/ covering up what works.... (or trying to cover it up) .... It can still be found...

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As much of a Trump backer as I am, I heard him say yesterday I scratched my head over... something to the effect of "Together, we can beat this virus". I thought 'and what about God'?
Maybe many should swap their MAGA (Make America Great Again) caps for SAGA caps (Seek Almighty God Again.)

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Together, we can create huge problems with all manner of illnesses and troubles"

OR

Turn to God the Almighty Creator.

Reactions: amadeus and prism

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're unbeievable!
These are countries reporting about themselves. Not one nation with an ulterior motive, making allegations about another.
Give it up, you sound ludicrous!

:rolleyes:......

“The way in which we code deaths in our country is very generous in the sense that all the people who die in hospitals with the coronavirus are deemed to be dying of the coronavirus.

“On re-evaluation by the National Institute of Health, only 12 per cent of death certificates have shown a direct causality from coronavirus, while 88 per cent of patients who have died have at least one pre-morbidity - many had two or three,” he says.

Link: Why have so many coronavirus patients died in Italy?

In other words, the majority of those patients died WITH the so called corona virus, not because of it. The true facts shows no such "pandemic" occurring. But you are free to continue ignoring the facts and living in the movie of version reality presented to you on TV.

On the basis of a case definition requiring a diagnosis of pneumonia, the currently reported case fatality rate is approximately 2%.4 In another article in the Journal, Guan et al.5 report mortality of 1.4% among 1099 patients with laboratory-confirmed Covid-19; these patients had a wide spectrum of disease severity. If one assumes that the number of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic cases is several times as high as the number of reported cases, the case fatality rate may be considerably less than 1%. This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively.2

Link: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2002387

Like I said, unplug the damn TV, take a walk outside, see the world with your own eyes, and wake up to the fact that you are being lied to.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The wisdom of the world, and what it falsely calls knowledge, is doing all it can to prevent anyone from being saved. Trying to drag everyone down the path of destruction with it - opposed to God.
What the world calls "good", even grand or great, God calls an abomination.
Humanity is so blind hat even amid all the terrible trouble wears in they will not look to God.
As written , correct. The two thirds of mankind left after one third dies, REFUSES to stop serving demons. They do not even think of repenting or turning towards God.
At times of disaster, during times of war, and with the onslaught of a pandemic such as this, I would expect people to turn to God for Help and support, but society seems to be finding it's help and support within the confines of it's own structure.
Correct - instead of seeking God;
instead of turning to the Creator (for His Kingdom),
society is pernicious - death dealing - through and through. As written in Galatians, Ephesians, Revelation, etc etc etc ....

The false gospel taught us once to "expect people to turn to God for Heap and support"..... as if there was anything good in people.

There's not.

Only a remnant turn to God and are saved. As written.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you'd only take your own advice, and stop espousing satanic delirium.

:rolleyes:....You know what I think you need to do, I think you need to take a breath, and go sit on the toilet, let all that hot air out. It worked for me, so it should work for you.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
:rolleyes:....You know what I think you need to do, I think you need to take a breath, and go sit on the toilet, let all that hot air out. It worked for me, so it should work for you.
You are a rather unreliable source of information and advice right now!

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are a rather unreliable source of information and advice right now!

I'm not the source, the doctors themselves are, and there are plenty of them who have doubts about the seriousness of this "virus", the stats are the stats. But please do, keep ignoring it all. When the time comes, you can willingly get yourself tested. There is a high chance you will test positive for it, just like 90% of the populace, which gives them all the excuse they need to micro manage your life.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm not the source, the doctors themselves are, and there are plenty of them who have doubts about the seriousness of this "virus", the stats are the stats. But please do, keep ignoring it all. When the time comes, you can willingly get yourself tested. There is a high chance you will test positive for it, just like 90% of the populace, which gives them all the excuse they need to micro manage your life.
The irony is, that you need your life micro-managed, with such nonsensical sentiments.
You really sounded intelligent in some of your other posts. Right now, you sound like a complete irrational, frivolous and impressionable nutcase.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Windmillcharge - #2
@VictoryinJesus - #4,#9,#19
@Dcopymope - #5,#8,#12,#14,#15,#17,#20,#26,#28,#31,#33
@DNB - #10,#14,#16,#18,#21,#27,#29,#32,#34
@onlyme17 - #13
@Steve Owen - #22
@Joseph77 - #23,#25,#30
@prism - #24

'But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
.. In whom the god of this world
.... hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,
...... lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ,
........ Who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; ... '

(2 Corinthians 4:3-5a)

Hello there,

Thank you all for taking part in the thread so far. Thank you to @Steve Owen for the link (which I have not looked at yet) and the reference to Amos 4:6-17, which made interesting reading in the light of the thoughts which led me to enter the OP and #3.

The prince of this world has blinded the eyes of them which believe not. But what have we got that we have not received (1 Corinthians 4:7)? We have nothing to boast of: For we are all sinners, saved by God's grace. I think of Ephesians 2:1-10:-

'And you hath He quickened,
.. who were dead in trespasses and sins;
.... Wherein in time past ye walked
...... according to the course of this world,
........ according to the prince of the power of the air,
.......... the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past
.. in the lusts of our flesh,
.... fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind;
...... and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
But God, Who is rich in mercy,
.. for His great love wherewith He loved us,
.... Even when we were dead in sins,
...... hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )
And hath raised us up together,
.. and made us sit together win heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
.... That in the ages to come
...... He might shew the exceeding riches of His grace
........ in His kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
For by grace are ye saved through faith;
.. and that not of yourselves:
.... it is the gift of God:
...... Not of works, lest any man should boast.
For we are His workmanship,
.. created in Christ Jesus unto good works,
.... which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.'

* How much we have to praise God for, haven't we?
By praising God in all things, as we are told to do, in (1 Thessalonians 5:18), we shall shine as lights in the world. Giving glory to Him. Especially in these days, when we all walk in the valley of the shadow of death. For we, like David in Psalm 23, need fear no evil, for we have the assurance of resurrection life, in Christ Jesus our Lord. Our life being not for this life only.

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: Joseph77

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Hello @VictoryinJesus

I have printed off your posts to consider off-line, for I realise I have not fully understood what you have had to say, or responded adequately.

Giving glory to God!

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Hello :VictoryinJesus,

You began by referring to the people's dependence upon the government for assistance and advice during this present crisis, and to the criticism of the way that the government is handling the crisis coming from the churches. You draw attention to the wealth of the churches, and refer to Acts 5:1-3 and Luke 18 22-23, as illustrative of the obligation of the church to look after the poor and needy.

I had quoted Mark 4:19, as being descriptive of the things which keep the heart and mind from God, 'the cares of this world', 'the deceifulness of riches,' and 'the lusts of other things', these are they which 'choke the word', so that it becomes unfruitful in the one that hears it. I had no other reason for quoting it.

Referring to the words of Matthew 6:33, 'But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you,' you apply this verse to the putting on of The New Man, which, with respect, I do not believe to be a valid application, in relation to it's context.

Referring to the doctors and nurses who are putting their lives at risk in carrying out their duties towards those in their care, they are doing their jobs, it is how they earn a living. At this present time it involves the risk of contamination and possible death in the performance of those duties, but it is none the less a choice they have made. They deserve our admiration at this time, because they have to face the fear associated with performing their duties, and have had inadequate equipment to enable them to do so.

When I referred to the words,
'a form of godliness but denying the power thereof' of 2 Timothy 3:5, it was in relation to the works of self-sacrifice being manifested in this present time of difficulty. It all has the appearance of godliness, for it bears the same hallmarks, but it is entirely of man.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How did the Jewish communities DURING THE PLAGUE in Europe, avoid the illness ?

How can the doctors and nurses and attendants and others/ including all the family members,

avoid getting sick / avoid getting infected ? (with no worries at all)

If the medicos are promoting false info, knowingly or not, are they to be commended !?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Referring to the words of Matthew 6:33, 'But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you,' you apply this verse to the putting on of The New Man, which, with respect, I do not believe to be a valid application, in relation to it's context.

Consider they are the same. Seek first His kingdom, seek first His reign, seek first His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you. What you will drink: Living water where one will never thirst after righteousness again being filled with His. What you will eat: eating of the bread of Life which is of the “I Am” the bread. And what you will put on. The New man. There is the passage of add these things unto you: first the verse right before saying to be partakers ...having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust lining up with your quote of the deceitfulness of riches choke the word and is unfruitful...but instead put on the New Man, where God says He will clothe His body with. What are those things added of God in seek first His kingdom and His Reign: added to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge temperance, to temperance patience, to patience godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, to brotherly kindness charity.

2 Peter 1:8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

“To patience godliness” ...consider in your bringing up of having a form of godliness but denying Christ. Also the passages of although I give away all my goods to feed the poor and give my body to be burned and having not charity...I am nothing. Having a form of godliness but not Charity. The Lord has said man can do nothing without Him...He is the vine. “Abide in Me and I in you” look at the fruits of the Spirit and they model the above all these things will be added unto you...what His body will wear and be clothed in “His righteousness” by and in “seek first His Reign”.

It is said God looks at His body and only sees Christ...how so?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having a form of godliness but not Charity.
nitpicky for those who can research: 'Righteousness' is apparently more accurate than the world 'Charity' in Scripture. Some sites I saw a decade ago showed that 'charity' is often if not always a misunderstood translation used (sometimes/often?) as if to promote false good feelings, etc ....
The Righteous Godly Jews (not the misled ones) may have had no word for 'charity' - it was not used nor thought good, ? , as it was/is of the fleshly way(s)/ worldly ways of describing-thinking various attitudes and acts.