In the Wilderness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

elmo

Sep 19, 2007
In the wildernewess where I lay,God has left me God has left me I say,Day after day as Iwallow in grief,I seek out his voicebut he does not answer me.Until one day an angelin pure spender appearsbefore me and deckares,who are you to demandof god and why must heanswerI answered and said,I have prayed here in the wilderness day and nightand I believe God answers prayersThen the angel spoke one last timeand said,God answers prayers in hisown time, and you my friend haven't waited long enough.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
How are you feeling right now elmo? Just curious as I care about you?A Poem for Christ!I typed these when I hurt, thought I should share this with you. There are 6 total.

elmo

Sep 19, 2007
Jordan, I am doing good but I noticed that your mood is "lonely"why, may I ask?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(elmo;65786)
Jordan, I am doing good but I noticed that your mood is "lonely"why, may I ask?
Well, I always feel that way in reality. Considering nobody knows my heart and mind, save only one besides Lord Jesus Christ, I have always feel that way and will continue too, while I do have a couple other emotios with it. (happy, sad angry etc)Even though they are people that really loves and cares about me, I still feel lonely, it's because I felt nothing from them.

elmo

Sep 19, 2007
Jordan, I pray that God's love with overpower this spirit of loneliess so that you may be happy for the most of your life

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
What is the WILDERNESS for?David was in the wilderness and in the caves in order to bring him to the place of maturity. He needed the character of Christ in order to be able to rule the people wisely and with justice and righteousness. Those who follow in his footsteps as overcomers should not be surprised if they are also expelled from the Church or denomination for a time. This, too, should be viewed as a blessing from God and perhaps an indication of a higher calling.However, not all who are kicked out of a Church are overcomers. Only those who learn the lessons of David are overcomers. Only those who come into a relationship with God that leads to the manifestation of the Sons of God are of the Davidic company.David was not in the wilderness forever. At some point he had to return to be crowned king over Israel. He was in the wilderness for training only. His training was temporary. His real ministry was back in Israel. David's inheritance, his ministry, his calling, was not in the caves of the wilderness, but in Israel. Likewise, Israel under Moses was not called into the wilderness to remain there forever. Their inheritance was Canaan, not the wilderness. The wilderness was only the training ground for the Promised Land.The purpose of the wilderness is to return to minister. The wilderness is not an end in itself. It is not the goal, but the means to the goal. It is the place where God teaches the overcomers that He is sovereign, that He is their protection, their refuge and strength. It is the place where overcomers learn that their lives are in God's hands and completely at His disposal. If He wills that they live, they live. If He wills that they die, they die. Overcomers lose their fear of death or circumstances, because they see God's hand in all things. They know that nothing happens behind God's back. Nothing happens except what God has directed or permitted. And above all, overcomers learn that all things work together for their good (Rom. 8:28). They have learned that to live is Christ and to die is gain (Phil. 1:21).The wilderness puts you alone with God in the midst of hardship. The wilderness is where you learn that He provides for you in the midst of hardship, in impossible situations, so that He can show you that it IS possible, and it IS easy, once we have overcome ourselves and learned to rest in Him.Logabe

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
So often, we go through life in our Christian experience, and we talk about the experiences of the great men of God, but it is quite irrelevant to us. We feel that God does this sort of thing with biblical saints, not with us ordinary people. And yet, these men were ordinary people, too. We call them saints today, but any sainthood they may have attained was totally on account of God’s training. We need to see them as they were when they were born like we were, when they wet their pants like we did, when they were immature even as we were at one time. We need to bring them down to our level. That is not to dishonor them, but to make the Scriptures accessible to us.Remember, Elijah was a man of like passions (James 5:17), just like we are. Saul was like we are. Moses was like we are. All of these people were in many ways the same as we are today, and these examples are written for our learning. We undergo the same type of training as that found in the Bible.So in the midst of hardship, we learn His provision. In the midst of condemnation, we learn mercy and love. In the midst of bondage and imprisonment, we learn the Jubilee of utter forgiveness. Then at some point God brings us out of the wilderness and back into the world or back to those that remain in Saul’s household in order that we might minister to those who yet cling to their golden calves of heart idolatry.So if you have been led out of the Church, do not be surprised if some day God leads you back into the Church. You have to return some day when you can be of help to them and share the truth in love when God gives opportunity.If you find yourself being kicked out again, it might be that they are not yet ready to hear the word that you have been called to share. But, then, perhaps you are not yet fully equipped to minister to them either. It is easy to blame the Church for its immaturity and for its blindness. It is easy to condemn them for not seeing all the doctrinal truths that God has shown to us. But we must recognize that the Christians in the Church denominational systems are precisely where God has put them. If they were not there, you would not have a ministry. If they were waiting eagerly for the truth you had for them, they would not put everything you had learned to the test.The fact is, you need them as much as they need you. They may need the Word that you have for them, but you need them as your barometer to know whether you have really learned to speak the truth in love. Chances are, they will not be able to hear any truth you have for them unless it is made palatable by the love of Christ in you and by the power of His Spirit. The more you are like Christ, the greater will be your ability to change men’s lives for the better. And this, after all, is what it is all about.Logabe

Matthew

Jan 24, 2009
Excellent poem. The wilderness experience is part of Christian growth. We need to remember that even if we dont feel it, God is with us always through everything. That's his promise - Matthew28:20 ". . I will be with you always . . . ."

Havana

Mar 13, 2009
In The Wilderness is a very nice and realistic poem I like and appreciated it. In The Wilderness is an authentic poem of Christianity resolution.

elmoisme99

Oct 21, 2009
I am the writer of this poem and thankyou for you comments but I had to change my name because somehow I lost access to it just to let you know.