In their Christmas sermons …

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Could it be that the devil has blinded your eyes to the fact that refugees are people, each with their own story, each created and loved by God?
Good , im glad, no some refugees are genuine refugees, dont be so blinded by teh name. Just remember its what we do that is hidden, from men that we should boast but God can see. We once had a russian "refugee" here, that wanted to sue the government, because he expeceted to live his life out on the dole, never to work again, well he had a rude shock. There is a reason why Jesus mentions eyes to see, dont be so blinded by what you see, but look at what you dont see. Not that it matters its all going to end soon enough.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I compared their budget-proposals, and noted that Trump ran on the promise of spending less than his predecessor but then suggested to spend more. What’s biased about that?
As somebody who doesn’t like hypocrisy you may also want to compare the number of hours each President spent playing golf during their first year in office. Keep in mind that Trump once chastised Obama for playing golf and promised in August 2016: "I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to go play golf." Trump Golf Count]]
You made an 8 to 1 bias...8 years to 1. Not only do you judge unfairly, but with prejudice...8 to 1.
Is it not? What’s the job of the state then if not to look after the needs of its weakest members? The Bible tells us that God punishes nations for failing to do so. (see for example Isaiah 1)
OMG you don't know the difference between the duties of government, and the duties of families and communities. As for Isaiah 1...you are mixing that up incorrectly too. Hello...that was to Israel, the chosen - not the land of the free and the home of the brave.
Sorry, but I can’t figure out what you are talking about here. Come again?
Yeah, you have been rattling on, I can see where you would loose track.
You accuse me of being biased and direct me to a website that has its bias in the title?

Well, I scrolled to some of its statements and saw that it’s either adorning Trump with borrowed plumes or lists things as ‘achievements’ that I’d view as disastrous mistakes. But I suppose you have a different idea of “good stewardship” and are fine with leaving the Paris agreement or paving the way for the destruction of your beautiful National Parks.
Now, this would be a good place to incite Isaiah 1. But in this case it shows what cleaning up the corruption looks like instead of creating it. But hey, give history a chance, and see if you are correct...'cause it's already turning against your failed ideals.
It’s astonishing that American conservatives of all people take the threat of Russia influencing American policies so lightly. It’s an ongoing investigation and maybe you should just wait for its results rather than wanting it to be shut down. Some of the results that are already known is that people of the Trump organization have lied about contacts to Russia. Surely you remember what the Bible has to say about lying.

And if you also remember what the Bible has to say about hypocrisy and measuring with different measures, how come you aren’t as concerned about members of the Trump administration using their private e-mail accounts for government business as you were concerned about Hillary Clinton having done such?
The sad thing is...you actually think this has all been about the Russians, and not a political ruse bought a paid for by one Hilary Clinton.
What is bad is when a news network conflates reporting with opinion pieces, no matter which politician it supports.
Agreed. Too bad that it's 100%, and only one politician is doing something about it.
Who is “the people” to you? And since when does the USA not consider itself a Democracy?
Mind you, I never questioned that Trump won the election according to US laws. I just drew your attention to the fact that more than half of “the people” did not support Trump. I may not the be the biggest fan of the US electoral system, but there’s no need for me to move: I live in Germany – both a democracy and a federal republic.
America is a Republic. And we are...for the very reason that it is possible that more half the people can be in the dark. It's all in the history books - no wait, that's no longer true, 'cause more than half the people have been rewriting it.
Safety first? How did Trump make the US safer by offending not just Muslims but the entire world including its closest allies? Which country will want to share intelligence with the US anymore, when you’ve got a President who just blurts out secret information on a whim? How about your home-grown terrorism, mass-shootings and disproportionate murder-rate? Has Trump done anything to prevent any mad-man to get a gun, no questions asked?

And how, in the name of Christ, have I defended evil? By quoting Paul saying that Christians are to overcome evil with good? By reminding you what the Bible has to say about taking in strangers? Well, take it or leave it, but don’t say you haven’t be warned:

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’”

(Matthew 25:41-45)
If putting America first offends the whole world, so be it. A mother would do the same for her child, or a man for his family. And you find fault in that - good job!

You are the problem.

Reactions: Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you don't believe the Gospel of Matthew?

"The Escape to Egypt

13 When they had gone, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. “Get up,” he said, “take the child and his mother and escape to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the child to kill him.”

14 So he got up, took the child and his mother during the night and left for Egypt, 15 where he stayed until the death of Herod. And so was fulfilled what the Lord had said through the prophet: “Out of Egypt I called my son.”

(Matthew 2:13-15)

Why wouldn't I believe the Gospel of Matthew? That God led Joseph to Egypt to protect His Son, yes. That they entered as refugees, no. I'm sure Egypt didn't know why they were there. And we are not told that Egypt showed them any 'love or kindness' as you say.

To use this to encourage Evangelical Christians in the U.S. to not support Trump's immigration policy is stupid. If your country wants to allow itself to be turned into a third world country, fine. You can live with it.

You are just using the Church as an immigration tool, just as most immigrants will.

Stranger

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Boy...are you ever under the wrong impression!

Trump may be no saint, but he ran against both corrupt parties and a corrupt media and won because he wants what is best for America, and has since surrounded himself with Christians. He may be a lunatic, he may be a mad dog, but that is what was called for. He is the bigger hammer we needed. But you have obviously been listening to those corrupt parties and media people, and you have been duped. I personally have met and spent time talking with him, and what you hear in the media is a pack of lies. Again, he is no saint, but I can personally say that I know him to be kind, considerate, and decent. So...what you are seeing is his ugly side, which he has purposely and skillfully faced toward his foes with a growl and a bite for whoever comes at him - because that is what he is facing.

Look a little closer. Try being a part of the solution instead of the problem and stop supporting those who have their own best interest at heart instead of America's. And remember...he didn't need any of this. If what you believe were true he would have just stayed rich and avoided the headache. Meanwhile, he needs our support to fix things. Are you helping, or just complaining?

yea he's been playing the media like a violin, though you couldn't convince the media that that was true. the media has to maintain the vail between the people and the power. and Trump is a threat to that. he tweets hence no need for media, so media has to broadcast his tweets so as to tell you what to think and believe about each and every tweet. there's no other reason to do that.

these people try to make him out to be ignorant of all things governmental but he's the only one who has actually done anything of any significance, in a crowd of manipulators that go a whoring for contributions to their political war chests and agendas. (government)

if you notice every day the media attacks some statement he made. even if they have to take five words of it out of context to make it look like what they want. thing is, they keep it up and the public is going to get the message that media is the enemy of the US public.

decent people can see, but the wicked will do wickedly no matter what. if you ask me, media is pooping in its own nest.

as far as hammer, yea, every time he gets in their faces they asked for it. it's SOP to be non-confrontational, trump didn't get that memo. as long as he is effective in changing the culture in US power, good, God bless that boy from NY NY

Reactions: ScottA

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
You made an 8 to 1 bias...8 years to 1. Not only do you judge unfairly, but with prejudice...8 to 1.
Actually I linked you to a comparison between Obamas latest budget proposal and Trumps first. 1:1 and contrary to his announcements Trump wanted to spend more money.

OMG you don't know the difference between the duties of government, and the duties of families and communities. As for Isaiah 1...you are mixing that up incorrectly too. Hello...that was to Israel, the chosen - not the land of the free and the home of the brave.
You might as well chuck your Bible out of the window then, because it has nothing to tell you. Well, I’ll keep mine, because as a Christian I make no distinction between my humble self and Abraham’s seed (Galatian 3:29). And my Bible tells me that it is the righteous nations that shall be exalted (Proverbs 14:34), so I would not want my nation to go the way of Sodom whose sin it was to not look after its poor (Ezekiel 16:49). The Bible also tells me that my love should just not be reserved for my own family and friends (Matthew 5:47)

Yeah, you have been rattling on, I can see where you would loose track.
You still haven’t told me what it is you want to express that ‘political correctness’ (or plain decency, to use another word) doesn’t allow you to express.

Now, this would be a good place to incite Isaiah 1. But in this case it shows what cleaning up the corruption looks like instead of creating it. But hey, give history a chance, and see if you are correct...'cause it's already turning against your failed ideals.
You’ve got hopes of Trump fighting corruption when his first appointments show plain nepotism and he grants his business friends political favours, no questions asked?

As for my failed ideals: There may be dark times ahead but I’m in fact rather hopeful that in the end they will prevail:

“4 As it is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet:

“A voice of one calling in the wilderness,
‘Prepare the way for the Lord,
make straight paths for him.
5 Every valley shall be filled in,
every mountain and hill made low.
The crooked roads shall become straight,
the rough ways smooth.
6 And all people will see God’s salvation.’”[a]
(Luke 3:4-6)

If you like to remain with the “brood of vipers” until then, your choice, I’d rather do as I’m told: ““Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.”" (Luke 3:11)

The sad thing is...you actually think this has all been about the Russians, and not a political ruse bought a paid for by one Hilary Clinton.
The sad thing is your partiality. If this investigation was not about Trump but about Clinton, you’d be all for it. Just as sexual molestation only seems to be bad to some (not all) Republicans when Democrats are accused of it. You may want to ponder Proverbs 20:10.

Agreed. Too bad that it's 100%, and only one politician is doing something about it.
I know of only one politian in a supposedly democratic state who expects the media to do nothing but sing his praise.

America is a Republic. And we are...for the very reason that it is possible that more half the people can be in the dark. It's all in the history books - no wait, that's no longer true, 'cause more than half the people have been rewriting it.
And it never occurred to you that it may be your side of the political spectrum that is in the dark?

If putting America first offends the whole world, so be it. A mother would do the same for her child, or a man for his family. And you find fault in that - good job!

You are the problem.
If you find it problematic to be reminded that we are to put God first, I’m glad to be your problem.

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
Why wouldn't I believe the Gospel of Matthew? That God led Joseph to Egypt to protect His Son, yes. That they entered as refugees, no. I'm sure Egypt didn't know why they were there. And we are not told that Egypt showed them any 'love or kindness' as you say.

To use this to encourage Evangelical Christians in the U.S. to not support Trump's immigration policy is stupid. If your country wants to allow itself to be turned into a third world country, fine. You can live with it.

You are just using the Church as an immigration tool, just as most immigrants will.

Stranger
Yes, stranger, I remember your astonishing capability to twist plain words of scripture beyond recognition if you happen to find them uncomfortable.

Of course Jesus and His parents entered Egypt as refugees, when they fled Herodes. Fleeing persecution means being a refugee. And I would not be surprised if Egypt did not treat the holy family kindly. According to the Bible Egypt didn’t treat earlier Israelites that lived there as economic refugees kindly either, and yet this is how Israel is told to treat foreigners: “The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.“ (Leviticus 19:34) Apparently Jesus saw this as one of the two important commandments (Mark 12:28-34). He isn’t in for “tit for tat” (Matthew 5:38-48).

And yes, personally I’d rather live in a third world country that follows the double commandment of love than in a modern version of Babylon. If you prefer your treasures on earth, so be it. May the Lord have mercy.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, stranger, I remember your astonishing capability to twist plain words of scripture beyond recognition if you happen to find them uncomfortable.

Of course Jesus and His parents entered Egypt as refugees, when they fled Herodes. Fleeing persecution means being a refugee. And I would not be surprised if Egypt did not treat the holy family kindly. According to the Bible Egypt didn’t treat earlier Israelites that lived there as economic refugees kindly either, and yet this is how Israel is told to treat foreigners: “The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.“ (Leviticus 19:34) Apparently Jesus saw this as one of the two important commandments (Mark 12:28-34). He isn’t in for “tit for tat” (Matthew 5:38-48).

And yes, personally I’d rather live in a third world country that follows the double commandment of love than in a modern version of Babylon. If you prefer your treasures on earth, so be it. May the Lord have mercy.

What's astonishing is your comparing acceptance of the foreigner laws of Theocratic Israel to the rest of the worlds immigration policy. That foreigner in Israel would come under all its laws also. Which mean no homosexuals, no worship of any foreign gods, no idols, no blasphemy against God under penalty of death.

See the difference. Astonishing isn't it. But my how you love (Lev. 19:34) because it is so full of love. Your comparison is a false one. No one is against one immigrating and becoming part of the nation.

By the way, how was your 'safe zone' that the German govt. had to create for German women who couldn't attend celebrations due to those lovely actions of those lovely immigrants? What a contribution to society they are. It is astonishing.

Stranger

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually I linked you to a comparison between Obamas latest budget proposal and Trumps first. 1:1 and contrary to his announcements Trump wanted to spend more money.

You might as well chuck your Bible out of the window then, because it has nothing to tell you. Well, I’ll keep mine, because as a Christian I make no distinction between my humble self and Abraham’s seed (Galatian 3:29). And my Bible tells me that it is the righteous nations that shall be exalted (Proverbs 14:34), so I would not want my nation to go the way of Sodom whose sin it was to not look after its poor (Ezekiel 16:49). The Bible also tells me that my love should just not be reserved for my own family and friends (Matthew 5:47)

You still haven’t told me what it is you want to express that ‘political correctness’ (or plain decency, to use another word) doesn’t allow you to express.

You’ve got hopes of Trump fighting corruption when his first appointments show plain nepotism and he grants his business friends political favours, no questions asked?

As for my failed ideals: There may be dark times ahead but I’m in fact rather hopeful that in the end they will prevail:

“4 As it is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet:

“A voice of one calling in the wilderness,
‘Prepare the way for the Lord,
make straight paths for him.
5 Every valley shall be filled in,
every mountain and hill made low.
The crooked roads shall become straight,
the rough ways smooth.
6 And all people will see God’s salvation.’”[a]
(Luke 3:4-6)

If you like to remain with the “brood of vipers” until then, your choice, I’d rather do as I’m told: ““Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.”" (Luke 3:11)

The sad thing is your partiality. If this investigation was not about Trump but about Clinton, you’d be all for it. Just as sexual molestation only seems to be bad to some (not all) Republicans when Democrats are accused of it. You may want to ponder Proverbs 20:10.

I know of only one politian in a supposedly democratic state who expects the media to do nothing but sing his praise.

And it never occurred to you that it may be your side of the political spectrum that is in the dark?

If you find it problematic to be reminded that we are to put God first, I’m glad to be your problem.
You have spoken out of your hate. I have spoken out of my insight to report what is good that you do not see. We're done here. God will decide.

Luke 11:35
Therefore take heed that the light which is in you is not darkness.

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
What's astonishing is your comparing acceptance of the foreigner laws of Theocratic Israel to the rest of the worlds immigration policy. That foreigner in Israel would come under all its laws also. Which mean no homosexuals, no worship of any foreign gods, no idols, no blasphemy against God under penalty of death.

See the difference. Astonishing isn't it. But my how you love (Lev. 19:34) because it is so full of love. Your comparison is a false one. No one is against one immigrating and becoming part of the nation.

By the way, how was your 'safe zone' that the German govt. had to create for German women who couldn't attend celebrations due to those lovely actions of those lovely immigrants? What a contribution to society they are. It is astonishing.

Stranger
While ancient Israel may have been a theocracy you live in a nation that guarantees freedom of religion.

And it’s kind of funny how fascinated you are with those safe zones, that you would probably sniff at as feminist bogus, if you didn’t suspect they had to do with foreigners. Well: it was actually used by 4 women, which is not a lot seeing how big the Berlin New Year’s Eve Party is. Statistically those foreigners you fear so much are no more likely than anybody else to commit sexual molestation*, but I guess sexual harassment only bothers Trump-Fans when foreigners are the culprits, while they are perfectly fine with it when Republican candidates are.

*: "most studies on the subject have shown little correlation between migrants and crime in Germany.[2][3] In May 2016, Politifact deemed Donald Trump's statement that "Germany "is crime-riddled right now" because of migration to Europe" as mostly false.[4] The fact-checker noted that Germany's crime rate, particularly the violent crime rate, is far lower than in the United States, and that data suggest that the crime rate of the average refugee is lower than that of the average German.[4]" Immigration and crime in Germany - Wikipedia

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While ancient Israel may have been a theocracy you live in a nation that guarantees freedom of religion.

And it’s kind of funny how fascinated you are with those safe zones, that you would probably sniff at as feminist bogus, if you didn’t suspect they had to do with foreigners. Well: it was actually used by 4 women, which is not a lot seeing how big the Berlin New Year’s Eve Party is. Statistically those foreigners you fear so much are no more likely than anybody else to commit sexual molestation*, but I guess sexual harassment only bothers Trump-Fans when foreigners are the culprits, while they are perfectly fine with it when Republican candidates are.

*: "most studies on the subject have shown little correlation between migrants and crime in Germany.[2][3] In May 2016, Politifact deemed Donald Trump's statement that "Germany "is crime-riddled right now" because of migration to Europe" as mostly false.[4] The fact-checker noted that Germany's crime rate, particularly the violent crime rate, is far lower than in the United States, and that data suggest that the crime rate of the average refugee is lower than that of the average German.[4]" Immigration and crime in Germany - Wikipedia

Whats the matter? You don't like Leviticus anymore?

Ah yes, but islam is not a religion. It is a political nation with a religion. More correctly put, it is a political invading nation with a religion. Therefore only stupid people allow them in on the basis of freedom of religion.

Oh I am not fascinated by safe zones. I just think it is ironic, that you cry for the lovely immigrants to be allowed into your country, and when that occurs, safe zones must be set up for the women. How stupid. The safe zone was originally the borders of the country that protected that country that had its people's safety in mind. Now that is broken down, the immigrant muslims are let in, and guess what, the women are not safe. So safe zones have to be erected to protect them from the rapist muslims that should never have been allowed in the first place.

Your countries safe zones show how stupid your people can be.

Stranger

Last edited:

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
Whats the matter? You don't like Leviticus anymore?

Ah yes, but islam is not a religion. It is a political nation with a religion. More correctly put, it is a political invading nation with a religion. Therefore only stupid people allow them in on the basis of freedom of religion.

Oh I am not fascinated by safe zones. I just think it is ironic, that you cry for the lovely immigrants to be allowed into your country, and when that occurs, safe zones must be set up for the women. How stupid. The safe zone was originally the borders of the country that protected that country that had its people's safety in mind. Now that is broken down, the immigrant muslims are let in, and guess what, the women are not safe. So safe zones have to be erected to protect them from the rapist muslims that should never have been allowed in the first place.

Your countries safe zones show how stupid your people can be.

Stranger

No Stranger, I just remember that the Bible tells me to live by the rules of the land. And like it or not: your land happens to be founded on the freedom of religion. That’s probably why your ancestors went to the US in the first place, if it wasn’t just to flee poverty.

Muslims have been living in Germany for generations. They helped to rebuild this country when it lay in ruins. And if there is one thing I’m proud of concerning Germany, it’s how many Germans, especially those who are Christian, got active to help those recent arrivals who had to leave everything behind to start anew in a foreign country. That is indeed in the Spirit that Christ extracted from the OT: Top 7 Bible Verses About Strangers

And as I have already stated: statistically German women are in no more danger from refugees than they are from blond and blue eyed German men. The latter just hardly ever feature in your personal filter bubble.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Stranger, I just remember that the Bible tells me to live by the rules of the land. And like it or not: your land happens to be founded on the freedom of religion. That’s probably why your ancestors went to the US in the first place, if it wasn’t just to flee poverty.

Muslims have been living in Germany for generations. They helped to rebuild this country when it lay in ruins. And if there is one thing I’m proud of concerning Germany, it’s how many Germans, especially those who are Christian, got active to help those recent arrivals who had to leave everything behind to start anew in a foreign country. That is indeed in the Spirit that Christ extracted from the OT: Top 7 Bible Verses About Strangers

And as I have already stated: statistically German women are in no more danger from refugees than they are from blond and blue eyed German men. The latter just hardly ever feature in your personal filter bubble.

Please. You didn't have 'safe zones' till you allowed your muslim immigrants in. Die you comply? How did it feel being cooped up like a chicken?

Love them muslim immigrants...squawk ,squawk...looking through chicken wire....squawk, squawk.

You bet, junobet, that is the spirit of Christ...allow your enemies, and Christ's enemies, to imprison you, cattle you up like chickens because your government has turned you over to these heatherns. But you and your people are to blame, for the govt. simply represents you and your stupid idealistic dreams.

But that is ok by me, as long as you don't mind being in your 'safe zone'. As long as you don't mind being in your coop?

Stranger

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
Please. You didn't have 'safe zones' till you allowed your muslim immigrants in. Die you comply? How did it feel being cooped up like a chicken?

Love them muslim immigrants...squawk ,squawk...looking through chicken wire....squawk, squawk.

You bet, junobet, that is the spirit of Christ...allow your enemies, and Christ's enemies, to imprison you, cattle you up like chickens because your government has turned you over to these heatherns. But you and your people are to blame, for the govt. simply represents you and your stupid idealistic dreams.

But that is ok by me, as long as you don't mind being in your 'safe zone'. As long as you don't mind being in your coop?

Stranger
I give up. No idea which weird phantasy world you live in, but it sure doesn’t seem to be the same planet I live on. Behold: I’m a woman and I’ll probably meet loads of refugees tomorrow when I freely leave my house and do my daily chores and yet I’m not scared a bit. But of course that’s a reality that won’t show up in Breitbart and co.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@junobet And if you yourself are a muslim..obviously you are safe!!
I have relatives in England...and no one there is telling me - How lovely and safe they feel!

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I give up. No idea which weird phantasy world you live in, but it sure doesn’t seem to be the same planet I live on. Behold: I’m a woman and I’ll probably meet loads of refugees tomorrow when I freely leave my house and do my daily chores and yet I’m not scared a bit. But of course that’s a reality that won’t show up in Breitbart and co.

Did your government establish safe zones for women or not at the New Years celebrations?

Stranger

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
@junobet And if you yourself are a muslim..obviously you are safe!!
I have relatives in England...and no one there is telling me - How lovely and safe they feel!
May I remind you, too, of the Forum rules:

“[*]Do not state or imply that another member or group of members who have identified themselves as Christian are not Christians. If there is an issue where a member seems to have circumvented the basic tenants of the faith in order to join the community, please privately contact the Christianity Board Team to voice your concern.” Christianity Board Forum Rules

See, it’s not so much that I care whether you believe that I regularly say the Nicene Creed or not. But whenever I come across stupid statements like yours above I’m torn between not wanting to be a tell-tale and having been kindly asked to report any violations against these rules.

Speaking of the Nicene Creed: nowhere does it say that I should close my eyes to the suffering of my fellow-men, when they are not Christian. In fact the Bible tells me very clearly that the Lord might regard me as a fake follower should I do so. (Matthew 7:21; Matthew 25:31-46)

Now, I live very comfortably in a nice German city, with running drinking water, heating and supermarkets stocked with food and hospitals that are fully functioning. There’s no need for me to be scared. You’ll find an entirely different picture in places like Syria for example:

url

And you are trying to tell me that it is ‘unchristian’ of me to praise the Lord that the refugee children, I’ll meet when I pick up my foster son from school today, made it to the safety of my home-town? Just because they are Muslim? Well suit yourself, but my church comes to a rather different conclusion:

Migration

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@junobet
I too have 'read the forum rules.'

If you are going to quote me..then quote me clearly and say what I said.

I did NOT say that you are not a Christian ( which against the forum rules)
I didn't even mention the word CHRISTIAN in my post! :rolleyes:
what I said was:-
I QUOTE:- And if you yourself are a muslim..obviously you are safe!!

Show me where I say in that sentence that you are not a Christian? o_O

I made a comment, showing that IF you are muslim you would obviously feel very safe. That is a fact, not an accusation.

You are getting a bit paranoid here...calm down.
Anyone who is a muslim feels safe in muslim occupied areas in any country.

Last edited:

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
@junobet
I too have 'read the forum rules.'

If you are going to quote me..then quote me clearly and say what I said.

I did NOT say that you are not a Christian ( which against the forum rules)
I didn't even mention the word CHRISTIAN in my post! :rolleyes:
what I said was:-
I QUOTE:- And if you yourself are a muslim..obviously you are safe!!

Show me where I say in that sentence that you are not a Christian? o_O

I made a comment, showing that IF you are muslim you would obviously feel very safe. That is a fact, not an accusation.

You are getting a bit paranoid here...calm down.
Anyone who is a muslim feels safe in muslim occupied areas in any country.
The automatic quote button quoted you. No changes made.

However, thanks for telling me to calm down. I can indeed get a bit agitated when it comes to this topic. Not because I’m scared of Muslims and refugees, but because I’m scared for them: In fact the only crime that’s been significantly rising in recent years is hate-crimes against them. Just the other day there was another arson attack on a refugee shelter over here. When you are German and have not slept through your history lessons in school, it’s kind of eerie to see history repeating itself.

And the eeriest thing of all is to see that - then and now - people, who are otherwise perfectly nice, can so easily get seduced by Nazi-propaganda. So let me give you a tip: When you start dehumanizing people and you lose compassion, you can be sure that it’s not Christ who whispered into your ear, but the devil.