Inconsistency of teaching faith without works

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Good luck in trying to save yourself man

You have been shown your error many times.

Time to turn you over to God..
Thank you. I've grown weary with your empty warnings.

After all, how can we possibly make a real warning to people, that we say are saved and justified by their own faith alone irrevocably forever and always? I mean, what's the point? I mean, it's not like we can warn them for their soul's sake, right?

I suppose we can do the obvious and warn someone about the ill-effects of nighttime drunkenness. But everyone already knows well enough about the morning after.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. I've grown weary with your empty warnings.

After all, how can we possibly make a real warning to people, that we say are saved and justified by their own faith alone irrevocably forever and always? I mean, what's the point? I mean, it's not like we can warn them for their soul's sake, right?

I suppose we can do the obvious and warn someone about the ill-effects of nighttime drunkenness. But everyone already knows well enough about the morning after.
Thats ok..

The pharisees thought as you do.

we see what it got them

I can pray that you repent of your dead works.. But will you?

Reactions: Ritajanice

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
When a person teaches that Faith is not what God accepts to save you and keep you saved, then this teaching is denying that The Cross of Christ is all that God provided and accepts to accept a person who BELIEVES.
The problem with this 'acceptance' gospel of Christian religion, is that God does not have to 'accept' any man's faith, nor does He.

The Father only justified them having the faith of His dead Son Jesus Christ.

That's why we can believe we are saved and justified by our own faith alone in this life. But it ends in the grave. Only the faith of Jesus can resurrect us unto life with Him forever.

It's the faith of Jesus that is the free gift by hearing His word alone. But hearing only is not the justification of God that comes by doing His word and obeying His faith.

Salvation and justification are obtained in this life by hearing and doing the word, not by hearing alone. And resurrection unto life is the reward, that is only for them obeying Jesus unto the end of this life.

The teaching that "works" is a part of Salvation, is to teach that Jesus's Cross is not enough and a persons behavior. (their works) is a 2nd part of God's Redemption.
That's your teaching, not the Bible's. We are commanded by 2 Peter to be diligent to add works to our faith, in order to ensure our salvation beyond the grave by not falling into sinning. It's what Jude calls earnestly contending for the faith of Jesus. Paul calls it the good fight to fight and race of life to run. Which must be done lawfully, and not just by our own faith in our own personal rules and self-justifications.

Paul said this Cross Denying gospel of works is 'cursed" and the person as well who teaches it.
The cross denying gospel is the faith alone without works gospel, that rejects the need to crucify our old past life of sinning. It disanulls the necessity of crucifying our old past life of sinning, that we may in deed and in truth walk as He walked and be worthy of Him.

And besides, it's pretty ludicrous for those teaching such things as being eternally saved by our own faith alone, to also then want to try and 'warn' any believer about anything having to do with their soul.

I mean, what would be the point with warnings about our soul? This simply shows that your warnings are much more about you personally and the gospel you preach. You're only making dire warnings against others that dare to disagree with you. Well, I dare. I'll not be 'warned' into silence against comparing any Christian faith, doctrine, and gospel that does not agree with the Bible.

I'll show how in detail they are not the Bible, and I don't care anything for warnings against it. Now, if someone wants to actually show how my comparisons are false, then that's good and fine by me. Because unlike yourself, I don't just call someone's teaching cursed, just because it doesn't agree with mine. I really don't call any Christian gospel cursed. I just show when it differs from any words of the Bible.

Galatians 1:8
As with this verse. Why would you warn anyone about running not well, since you preach it doesn't matter how anyone runs once someone is eternally saved by their own faith alone. Right?

Some teach we don't even have to run and be in the race at all. And if you're not willing to go that far, it's only because you don't really believe the plain words of your own gospel.

Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die and go to heaven. It's the Christian one-upmanship on old pagan Epicureanism.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
I can pray that you repent of your dead works.. But will you?
Why? Don't you preach salvation is only by faith alone and not with works? Aren't you irrevocably and eternally saved already apart from our works? Why do you preach against it by warning to repent of dead works, as though our soul is at stake?

That makes no sense at all, unless the warning is really about you being personally disagreed with. The only dead works you accuse me of are disagreements with your gospel, that I show from the Bible.

So no. You can pray I'll stop disagreeing with you publicly, but it won't help. If you resent being disagreed with in the open so much, then your simple solution is to stop publishing your gospel online. At least for now, you can't get a law passed forbidding public dissent.

That is the case in some areas today, and will be the case nearly world-wide just before the Lord comes to earth a second time. It won't be a Christian gospel that is forbidden, but only dissent from Christians showing in the Bible, how the beast-approved gospel doesn't agree with the words of Jesus and His apostles. His personal gospel will be pushed upon all Christian churches by force of law. What it will exactly be is not yet known, but no doubt bits and pieces of it have already been preached during church history, beginning in the time of the apostles.

Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

The antichrist that shall finally come, will probably conglomerate all the gospels of the previous minor antichrists from yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why? Don't you preach salvation is only by faith alone and not with works? Aren't you irrevocably and eternally saved already apart from our works? Why do you preach against it by warning to repent of dead works, as though our soul is at stake?

That makes no sense at all, unless the warning is really about you being personally disagreed with. The only dead works you accuse me of are disagreements with your gospel, that I show from the Bible.
My works are because I am saved

your works is to try to earn your salvation.

Your works will be rejected.

My works hopefully produce fruit.
So no. You can pray I'll stop disagreeing with you publicly, but it won't help. If you resent being disagreed with in the open so much, then your simple solution is to stop publishing your gospel online. At least for now, you can't get a law passed forbidding public dissent.

That is the case in some areas today, and will be the case nearly world-wide just before the Lord comes to earth a second time. It won't be a Christian gospel that is forbidden, but only dissent from Christians showing in the Bible, how the beast-approved gospel doesn't agree with the words of Jesus and His apostles. His personal gospel will be pushed upon all Christian churches by force of law. What it will exactly be is not yet known, but no doubt bits and pieces of it have already been preached during church history, beginning in the time of the apostles.

Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

The antichrist that shall finally come, will probably conglomerate all the gospels of the previous minor antichrists from yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
Again, Good luck tryign to save yourself. You will fail

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
The works self righteous gospel never ends

The jews tried it and failed

The catholics tried it and failed

Now you are tryign it. You will still fail
It's because of not following the example of Jesus, but of other men, that Christians fail to walk as He walked.

It's also why they judge all Christians as failures like themselves.

It's also why other Christians of like failure applaud it when they hear it.

Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's because of not following the example of Jesus, but of other men, that Christians fail to walk as He walked.

It's also why they judge all Christians as failures like themselves.

It's also why other Christians of like failure applaud it when they hear it.

Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
A works based legalistic gospel is the same in all dispensations from the fall of man till today.

it says hey God look at me, look at all the work I am doing.. Look at how good I am. Thank God I am not like that sinner. Etc etc

Last edited:
Reactions: mailmandan

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A works based legalistic gospel is the same in all dispensations from the fall of man till today.

it says hey God look at me, look at all the world I am doing.. Look at how good I am. Thank God I am not like that sinner.
Reminds me of Luke 18:9-14. Either we are trusting 100% in Jesus Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation or else we are 100% lost. (Romans 4:5-6; Ephesians 2:8,9; Philippians 3:9)

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Again, Good luck tryign to save yourself. You will fail

Once again, you keep saying these things as though they're supposed to mean something important, and yet you have no reason why. What's the point? What does it matter if a confessing believer is trying to 'save ourself'. Is there some sort of danger to my soul here? Or do you just not like being disagreed with?

Are you saying not all confessing believers in the Bible and Jesus Christ are saved?

Can some confessing believers like me be trying to 'save ourselves', as though we are not already eternally saved by our confession of faith in Jesus alone?

Can any confessing believer not be saved? Or become an unsaved confessing believer, if we ever begin to do good works to be justified by Christ?

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again this makes no sense. Are you suggesting there are some confessed believers in the Bible and Jesus Christ the Savior, somehow are not saved, because they are trying to 'save themselves'?

You teach all confessing believers are forever saved and justified with God, so long as they continue confessing their faith. Is this not true? Or do you say some confessing believers are not saved, while others are?
Just because you confess to be a believer does nto mean you are

Those who are trying to earn salvation by their works. may be a confessed believer, but they are a lost confessed believer.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
My works hopefully produce fruit.
This is the vain hope of man's own faith alone, that does not know he will never fall, because he doesn't ensure it by adding the works of virtue, godliness, and charity to his faith.

The works of God produce fruit immediately so soon as His seed is sown in an honest and good heart. The Spirit is quick and powerful to produce fruit instantly at the pure and all new conversion of Jesus Christ.

The natural fruits of man's own religious conversion are slow and are never completely holy and righteous altogether. They continue to be the fruits of man's own faith and will alone. They are counted as the filthy rags of man's own limited righteousness, that God does not justify by His Son.

The gospel of faith alone, having not the pure works we do by Jesus Christ, is the Christian religion of self-transformation. They only seek to do less sinning in life than before. But it never ends in not sinning at all, because it never began in the perfect and pure newborn washing and regeneration by the blood of Jesus.

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic

Those who are trying to earn salvation by their works. may be a confessed believer, but they are a lost confessed believer.
So then here it is. We are not saved only by our faith in Jesus Christ without any works having anything to do with it. For our faith to save us, we must also do the good work of ministry to one another.

According to your judgment, no believer in Christ Jesus is saved, if they are ministering the word falsely. In such a case, any faith in Jesus Christ and confessing of His name cannot save us.

By your judgement according to our ministerial works, you now negate the gospel of saving faith without works. You now add the works of good ministry to the faith that saves. You do so by including works of bad ministry into our saving faith. If we are not doing good works of ministry when we minister, then our faith cannot save us. Sounds like James 2.

Now by your own judgement against bad ministerial work, you preach that just believing in Jesus Christ and confessing His name is no more sufficient by faith alone. Our works can disannul our faith and salvation.

The Bible teaches that our life is our witness and ministry of Christ, and so now your gospel, like James, says our faith must have the life, witness, and ministry of Christ in deed and in truth, for our faith to save us. (James 2:14)

Last edited:

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic

it says hey God look at me, look at all the work I am doing.. Look at how good I am. Thank God I am not like that sinner. Etc etc
How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

For the part-time sinful Christians, the only good Christian saint is a self-righteous boaster.

Because they are only partially repented, and not whole heartedly good in Christ, then they say no Christian can be.

They freely choose to preach the Christian gospel of the double hearted for life. That's not such a big nor unknown deal. But why do they have to attack preaching the Bible gospel of doing His righteousness at all times, and not just part of the time?

For me, it's just doctrinal here. I only defend the Bible gospel from other Christians doctrines. Personally I don't care how some Christians live, which is their business and God's. The Father will judge every man's work without respect of persons. And so, I do not condemn nor mock the teacher, but only show how any teaching is not Bible, if necessary.

Some Christians are so zealous about their doctrines, that they actually judge others as unsaved and condemned to hell by their ministerial works. I guess it's better than teaching our works have nothing to do with being saved and justified by Christ. Such judgment is just personally skewed at times in their own favor.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

For the part-time sinful Christians, the only good Christian saint is a self-righteous boaster.

Because they are only partially repented, and not whole heartedly good in Christ, then they say no Christian can be.

The freely choose to preach the Christian gospel of the double hearted for life. That's not such a big nor unknown deal. But why do they have to attack preaching the Bible gospel of doing His righteousness at all times, and not just part of the time?

For me, it's just doctrinal here. I only defend the Bible gospel from other Christians doctrines. Personally I don't care how some Christians live, which is their business and God's. The Father will judge every man's work without respect of persons. And so, I do not condemn nor mock the teacher, but only show how any teaching is not Bible, if necessary.

Some Christians are so zealous about their doctrines, that they actually judge others as unsaved and condemned to hell by their ministerial works. I guess it's better than teaching our works have nothing to do with being saved and justified by Christ. Such judgment is just personally skewed at times in their own favor.
You have it wrong

The pharisee rejected the gospel. because he thought he was righteous. He did not think he needed saved, he saved himself

that's exactly what you are doing, You boast of your works. Jesus would tell you the same thing he told them

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write...I know thy works,

From Ephesus to Laodicea, the first thing Jesus says He knows of the church, is that He knows our faith? No, He knows our works.

The argument of some Christians, that James 2 is not speaking of being justified by works with God, is not true.

Elsewhere in the Bible in Rev 2-3, we see that when God looks to His churches, the first thing He sees is our works. And He also judges them, whether they are justified and worthy of Him or not.

I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.

I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reminds me of Luke 18:9-14. Either we are trusting 100% in Jesus Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation or else we are 100% lost. (Romans 4:5-6; Ephesians 2:8,9; Philippians 3:9)
I will leave a question after i make this simple reminder .
And that reminder is this . IF we do not TRUST In WHAT JESUS DID , and that HE ALONE is the ONLY MEANS of our salvation ,
prepare to hear i never knew you . There is but one absolute way TO BE SAVED . HIS NAME IS JESUS CHRIST .
I just heard a very sad report today . Did you know that of all religions
christanity ranked number one . NUMBER ONE . but wait till you hear what it was they were ranked number one in my friend .
Those who actually fear TO DIE . SUMTHING HAS WENT DEAD WRONG my friend .
WHY would so many christains have such fear to die . WHY is there such a fear of death .
I MEAN , THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY to be saved , and we will never taste of death .
SO WHY on earth are the false religoins having less fear of death than christains . SOMETHING IS GOING DEAD WRONG .
WE SHOULD BE THE ONES LEADING RATHER in having NO FEAR OF DEATH .
SOMETHING has went wrong .
Sounds to me like a lot of folks are putting their trust on where they will end up , ON THEMSELVES . NO WONDER THEY FEAR DEATH .
As for me , JESUS ALREADY DID ALL THAT WAS NECESSARY . AND THIS LAMB BELIEVES THAT .
NOW for the question .
But what IF our jesus we believe in , IS NOT REALLY BEEN JESUS . THAT IS THE PROBLEM MY FRIEND .
cause an all inclusive sin accepting jesus , AINT JESUS and it will not and cannot save . WE BETTER OPEN THEM BIBLES
and embrace EVERY SINGEL WORD OF THAT JESUS and of those APOSTELS is all i can say .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
You have it wrong
You don't preach all Christians will still sin in life from time to time?

You do believe from the heart, that Christians can do righteousness at all times and walk as Jesus walked?

If I have your doctrine and personal confession wrong about your Christian doctrine and living, then please do correct me. I have no reason not to believe you.

If you are walking holy and blamelessly before Christ today (Eph 1), then confess it and I'll believe you.

And then you can join me in refuting the Christian doctrine, that does not believe what you and I confess, and teaches instead that all Christians on earth will be sinning against Jesus again.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

AS WELL as those who are following this sin accepting jesus . THEY ARE LOST .
IF the JESUS WE FOLLOW , THE GOD WE FOLLOW , contradicts the BIBLICAL ONE , i got some seriously bad news .
IF our jesus has a love that does not REJOICE IN THE TRUTH , but rather accepts inquity and calls that love
I GOT SERIOUSLY bad news .
WE AINT FOLLOWING JESUS , WE AINT FOLLOWING GOD . we been following men and our own image of what WE THINK
GOD IS and CHRIST IS . and that one cannot and will not save .

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write...I know thy works,

From Ephesus to Laodicea, the first thing Jesus says He knows of the church, is that He knows our faith? No, He knows our works.

The argument of some Christians, that James 2 is not speaking of being justified by works with God, is not true.

Elsewhere in the Bible in Rev 2-3, we see that when God looks to His churches, the first thing He sees is our works. And He also judges them, whether they are justified and worthy of Him or not.

I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.

I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
Your still missing the point

They did nto work to earn salvation.. Thats not what made them saved.

You will never do enough works to earn salvation..

get of James 2 because it is obvious you do not how to interpret what James said. He was not talking to you or about you..

Study Gal and Romans, Because they were talking about you