Increasing depravity...a sign?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It’s just as bad in the uk. I would get rid of tv, if it was up to me. I hate it! We never watch reality shows, but do watch/buy a movie each night, and end up switching off because of blaspheming. We sit with remote mute button ready and f/forward past graphic scenes. Violence/gore seems to be all that’s left :(
@2 Chr. 34:19 I agree about TV; while there are some good documentaries and artistic series - ink shows, etc. - we would often be better advised to spend our time reading our Bibles, right?

I expect if you look hard enough at your local video store you would find something reasonable, although a lot is not so good.

Reactions: 2 Chr. 34:19

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This year has been a big manufactured catastrophe, mainly by humans acting at the behest of demons for their agendas. If this were God's doing you can be sure it would be worse. The number of deaths hasn't really changed much, but if a third of the world died... Then you can know it is the tribulation.
A quarter of the worlds population are children. Maybe they’re the ones that will make it in The Lord’s new earth

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've said multiple times that we're some 28 months into the Tribulation with some 14 months to go, and people are just now saying: Why are thing's getting so bad?!?

They REFUSED to hear what Scripture says, so they imagined that everything is fine UNTIL SUDDEN DESTRUCTION, -- just like in the days of Noah. So because they refuse to hear what GOD has for the church, they join the World in that punishment:

Rev. 18:4 Then I heard another voice from heaven saying,
“Come out of her, my people,
lest you take part in her sins,
lest you share in her plagues;

SURPRISE!
Bobby Jo

"SURPRISE!" <---Not!! :D

Reactions: Bobby Jo

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Ink shows?
@2 Chr. 34:19 Tattoo documentaries & series; some have amazing artwork; but I won't get too off topic.

Philippians 4.8 is such a wholesome exhortation to focus on what's good and wholesome that we would do well sometimes just to let our finger twitch to turn off the TV and instead open our Bibles or go before the Throne in prayer: such profitable activities! :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
PS: @2 Chr. 34:19 I love John Greenleaf Whittier's verse:

"Drop Thy sweet dews of quietness
Till all our strivings cease.
Take from our souls the strain and stress
And let our ordered lives confess
The beauty of Thy peace,
The beauty of Thy peace."

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s just as bad in the uk. I would get rid of tv, if it was up to me. I hate it! We never watch reality shows, but do watch/buy a movie each night, and end up switching off because of blaspheming. We sit with remote mute button ready and f/forward past graphic scenes. Violence/gore seems to be all that’s left :(
We've got our collection of movies we've built up over the years, and several TV show series which we like, and know what we're going to be seeing.

I have very little tolerance for "violence as entertainment". TV is, I think, either informing or entertaining, or some combination of the two. I don't see that we need look much further for the proof of the OP than what comes on the TV.

Violence and immorality and avarice and all the rest . . . the nightly feeding of the mind.

Much love!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well...not shocked. Saddened. Angered...in a biblical way. Surprised by the acceleration of the decent. It seems almost exponential.

"But all these things are merely the beginning of birth pangs."
Matthew 24:7

"While they are saying, "Peace and safety!" then destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape."
1 Thessalonians 5:3

So, all that is happening now in the world will only increasingly get closer and closer together and more and more intense. I am overwhelmed with how many of my family (all us sibs are saved) friends and neighbors (especially my nieces and nephews) are not saved, they are in the world...say they "believe" but...we all know who else believes and trembles...Prayers for all of those we love should be continuous, we petition and, knowing it IS His will that none should perish, continue giving the prayer of thanksgiving to him as...He WILL do it.

As Charles Spurgeon once said:
“If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our dead bodies. And if they perish, let them perish with our arms wrapped about their knees, imploring them to stay. If Hell must be filled, let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go unwarned and unprayed for.”

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
We've got our collection of movies we've built up over the years, and several TV show series which we like, and know what we're going to be seeing.

I have very little tolerance for "violence as entertainment". TV is, I think, either informing or entertaining, or some combination of the two. I don't see that we need look much further for the proof of the OP than what comes on the TV.

Violence and immorality and avarice and all the rest . . . the nightly feeding of the mind.

Much love!
I take your point; of course, some ppl could say that there is a lot of violence in the OT, but it's the spiritual context that is important.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
"But all these things are merely the beginning of birth pangs."
Matthew 24:7

"While they are saying, "Peace and safety!" then destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape."
1 Thessalonians 5:3

So, all that is happening now in the world will only increasingly get closer and closer together and more and more intense. I am overwhelmed with how many of my family (all us sibs are saved) friends and neighbors (especially my nieces and nephews) are not saved, they are in the world...say they "believe" but...we all know who else believes and trembles...Prayers for all of those we love should be continuous, we petition and, knowing it IS His will that none should perish, continue giving the prayer of thanksgiving to him as...He WILL do it.

As Charles Spurgeon once said:
“If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our dead bodies. And if they perish, let them perish with our arms wrapped about their knees, imploring them to stay. If Hell must be filled, let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go unwarned and unprayed for.”
@Nancy I like @Prayer Warrior's screen name. Yes, it's a vital ministry. I do love Spurgeon.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yeah, I also cannot stand TV. I do have one but, it just collects dust.
Do you have Pureflix in the UK? Many good Christian movies on there and they are all family friendly...won't find a curse word in any of them. They are like Netflix, but only wholesome movies. It's 12 bucks a month, like 9 pounds in your neck of the woods :)

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Does anyone else think that the...speed, at which depravity is corroding our society..is a sign that either Christ draws near, or that the end of Western civilization as we know it, draws near?
Both. Look like Australia is in the lead. Must be all those kangaroos.

Reactions: Nancy

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"SURPRISE!" <---Not!! :D

We Christians will KNOW! -- But the World WILL be caught by surprise, -- and a LOT of people think they're "Christians" but are actually of the World:

1 Thess. 5:2 For you yourselves know well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 When people say, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as travail comes upon a woman with child, and there will be no escape. 4 But you are not in darkness, brethren, for that day to surprise you like a thief.

So will the church be SURPRISED, or INFORMED? -- We must be the Voice crying in the wilderness ...
Bobby Jo

Reactions: Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
You know...I'm not that old, and I never really thought of myself as a 'prude'...
@Naomi25 I always think it's the inward and spiritual and doctrinal things that Christians really ought to be concentrating on, rather than ... say... fussing about the designs of swimsuits on Bondi Beach, or whatever....

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's called Human rights ? that's the banner ! but such a tittle how can anyone bag such a tittle ? well it is a great front in fact. the cunning of Satanist use such things as a fronts all the time. the simpletons swallow such all the time because they are shallow and to lazy to bother to think past the front and if you do point out such for what it truly is the majority will think your a idiot. it's like, How dare you think critically of such a notion ? but the truth is hidden in the detail, sure such comes across as a worthy plight but so does every form of skulduggery on the surface.

What are humans ? well Bible says depraved in there nature due to the stain of original Sin.
So the Human rights operation feeds that beast, they are Satanist in fact masquerading as Holy social Marxist, peddling Political Correctness gods of theirs, just like they did to create the Communism power over the people and the same bag of tricks was used to create the Nazis.

Why were we not informed and educated about such powers ? well because the real powers that be don't want us to be educated on such things, the WW2 war is over so lets just forget all about such ay. don't try to work it out, as they will not help you to do such as that, but you can be indoctrinated on the subject and that's fine with them.
Wars are created for reasons years in advance by only a handful of people who set the course. they set up Communism and they set up the Nazi game play as well. they have set up all the depraved things that you have just talked about. a weak depraved people are like putty in their hands they can use tricks to undermine the strong as well, they are truly masters at manipulating people like cattle, in fact they call such Goyim that means their cattle.
It is fairly "interesting" that the 'human rights' council at the UN is stacked with Countries that seem to violate human rights on an hourly basis. Blatantly, too. It does make a mockery of the label and the board.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, it sure is a sign to me. The full monty thing is bad enough but what got me recently was when my niece was watching "Family" Feud. I was shocked at the questions asked! Most have sexual connotations and, they don't even try to hide it.
He is coming soon. These things will not slow down as they are as the "birth pangs of a women in labor" closer and closer together and each time, more intense. If ever there was a time for Christians to be on their knees, it is now. Amen.
I'll say. I forget now who I was having the conversation with, but a few years ago I was chatting with someone here and we were talking about the 'birth pangs'. It was the year that America had those massive storms, one after another. Then there was that big earthquake in South America somewhere (can't quite remember which country), and I think things were looking increasingly grim with North Korea blasting off missiles all the time. Anyway, we were talking about how it looked like the birth pangs were coming faster, and were interested to see how, when that particular 'contraction' eased off, when the next would hit. Well....2020, it would seem. So that's what...2, 3 years in between? That's really not terribly far apart, in the scheme of things. I suppose, as Christians, we ride it out and watch to see if it ebbs again...or not. Each 'birth' is different, and who knows (but God!) how that last bit of labor will go. I just remember with my kids, you'd spend soooo long in pre-labor, not being able to 'push', but then suddenly, the doctors give you the 'go', and it all happens in a rush. So, I suppose we'll see, and as long as we're 'staying awake' like our Lord commanded, we'll be okay.

Reactions: Nancy and Bobby Jo

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I would propose that if a man DOESN'T protect his family, he's worse than an infidel!

Bobby Jo
Well...I tend to agree. I know some Christians who don't and I suppose it might be a conscience thing. But to my way of thinking, God speaks often of protecting children, and when you also factor in that God places a man as head of his family, I would argue he has a God-given duty to stand before them.
I heard a Pastor once say that if anyone ever tried to attack his kids he'd jolly well 'stop' them, and then accept God's obvious call for prison ministry! Had a bit of a laugh over that.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi Naomi,

The way I see it . . .

There's an expression I heard once, Hurt people hurt people. I think that's too often true. Parents who were screwed up as children raise screwed up kids. And the devil is there to feed the flames.

The Greatest Generation came out of war and depression, privation and suffering. The Millennial Generation is the product of ease and comfort and affirmation.

And then there are screens.

My wife pointed out to me the other day, Siri is as prominent a voice in many children's lives as is Mom. They're being raised by their smart phones.

I look at the Canaanites, and their depraved practices, and I realize that's how these kids grew up, generation after generation. Trauma reactions in their brains would be forming throughout their development. And when it became their turn to raise kids, that's the way the culture was, that's how their brains were wired, and God ordered the extermination of them all.

Addicted brains seems to always want a little more.

A little more drug, a little more depravity, a little more power, whatever it is.

I think that generation by generation people become worse and worse, depravity deeper and deeper, until God does something amazing to reset the people.

And maybe Covid-19 is part of a reset, to cause people to lose that comfort and ease and feeling that nothing can touch them, and bring people to a dependance on God. I hope so!

Much love!
I think you are absolutely spot on. I think that the current generation has not just been raised in comfort and plenty, they've also been taught from day one that they need to 'self love'. Ultimately, they grow up believing that they are WORTHY of every good thing coming to them. And when it doesn't, they get mad and look for someone else to blame...because it couldn't be their fault...they're awesome, right?
I honestly think that's why we are seeing a huge rise in things like shootings, abortions, broken marriages...you name it. Because as soon as something impinges on "me first" or "all my way" they look to blame someone else, dismissing any responsibility that they might have, so they can go on their merry way believing that they are number one and the best sort of person who deserves the very best life! Doesn't matter that they had to kill four babies, or shoot at several cheerleaders who turned them down, or ditch that husband who didn't earn enough to set her up just right.
In short...we have a whole generation of narcissists. Who, at present, also think it's okay to go on violent rampages. What could possibly go wrong??

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you are absolutely spot on. I think that the current generation has not just been raised in comfort and plenty, they've also been taught from day one that they need to 'self love'. Ultimately, they grow up believing that they are WORTHY of every good thing coming to them. And when it doesn't, they get mad and look for someone else to blame...because it couldn't be their fault...they're awesome, right?
I honestly think that's why we are seeing a huge rise in things like shootings, abortions, broken marriages...you name it. Because as soon as something impinges on "me first" or "all my way" they look to blame someone else, dismissing any responsibility that they might have, so they can go on their merry way believing that they are number one and the best sort of person who deserves the very best life! Doesn't matter that they had to kill four babies, or shoot at several cheerleaders who turned them down, or ditch that husband who didn't earn enough to set her up just right.
In short...we have a whole generation of narcissists. Who, at present, also think it's okay to go on violent rampages. What could possibly go wrong??
That "like" comes with chagrin!

:eek:

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The thing that gets me is the over representation of homosexual scenes...you know they're saying "look how PC we are, how woke, how inclusive".
Ug....talk about the need to fast-forward. I mean...fine...I recognize a non-Christian's right to choose such relationships...but I don't watch to watch it.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think you are absolutely spot on. I think that the current generation has not just been raised in comfort and plenty....
@Naomi25 When the generation that could remember WW2 passed on, those who were raised in relative ease and plenty lost a living perspective....

Believers have the Scriptures, but the world does not pay attention to them.