Increasing depravity...a sign?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Naomi25 Oh, I understand what you mean, but it's easy just to slip back into running commentaries about girl's swimwear, and regarding such censorious discourse as 'spiritual', while simultaneously being very superficial about the body of Scriptural doctrine which constitutes 'the faith once delivered to the saints' (Jude).
Totally...the sad fact is that those who tend to make a big deal about 'modesty' are staunch legalists. Not that modesty is inherently bad, but as you say, there seems to be a type who focus on that type of thing, and it's a symptom of their lack of understanding the gospel.
"All things are permissible, but not all things are beneficial".

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Totally...the sad fact is that those who tend to make a big deal about 'modesty' are staunch legalists. Not that modesty is inherently bad, but as you say, there seems to be a type who focus on that type of thing, and it's a symptom of their lack of understanding the gospel.
"All things are permissible, but not all things are beneficial".
@Naomi25: I totally agree! Just consider, What would have happened to the Reformation if Luther had busied himself with commentaries on the swimwear customs of bathers in the Tiber, instead of steadfastly preaching the Word and doctrine? :)

Reactions: Naomi25

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will pray for you! I find s/a to be so very strange. Some days it totally incapacitates me, others it doesn't bother me at all. It's those wonderful days where I find I can just head to Church and chat without stress with people there, that I think "this is a foretaste of heaven!" That will be very nice!
I do find online better...I have time to weigh my thoughts, and people aren't staring at me. But I still stress a bit, I suppose...I don't like the traditional social media's...they are far too much "I'm standing on a stage speaking to all". Nope, not for me!

Yes it is very strange how it can go to one extreme to another. Sometimes it can be situational with me. Like, the whom where, and what's of a situation. Even with my own siblings too! I do at least have a sense of humor and that does help, lol.
god bless you sister, He will deliver us all from these seemingly innate issues (whether nature or nurture, matters not) and we will have the confidence of Christ! That is what seems to come and go...not lack of faith but, looking inward we should see Christ in us and find the boldness of His Spirit! Alas...not as easy for some.
Never was one to easily start a conversation...just clammed up and looking forward to the day when Christ conscienceness finally takes over, Amen!
Plenty of prayers for you sister.

Reactions: Naomi25

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Naomi25: I totally agree! Just consider, What would have happened to the Reformation if Luther had busied himself with commentaries on the swimwear customs of bathers in the Tiber, instead of steadfastly preaching the Word and doctrine? :)
Snort...now there's an image...Luther nailing to the door not his thesis, but images of what he "approved of" as appropriate swimwear!! History might have gone a little differently then, huh?

Reactions: farouk and Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Snort...now there's an image...Luther nailing to the door not his thesis, but images of what he "approved of" as appropriate swimwear!! History might have gone a little differently then, huh?
@Naomi25 So much of the culture of Fundamentalism seems to go beyond doctrine and to major on the minors and minor on the majors. Just think what would have happened if ppl such as Luther had taken that approach? :)

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Naomi25 So much of the culture of Fundamentalism seems to go beyond doctrine and to major on the minors and minor on the majors. Just think what would have happened if ppl such as Luther had taken that approach? :)
People just can't seem to help but love them some rules. But...we can also say that they love them some absolute anarchy and chaos. It seems the one thing we can't get behind is the center...which is where grace lives. Thank God.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte