Independence Day

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let Freedom Ring!
Let the weak be strong
Let the CT Right be wrong...

Roll the stone away...

It's independence day...and coming soon to a walmart or drug store near you.

My wife is so excited and so am I...

I got an appointment to get my first vax shot.
Unfortunately due to recent gains made a n the stock market my wife might not allow me back to work. *Sigh*

Shoulda stuck to youtube videos...

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Umm,.. I thought that Independence Day was July Fourth,.. but oh well it's still a really good song. :D

Reactions: JohnDB

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wifey is so very busy getting all the plans for our escape from quarantine your.

Clothes shopping
Haircuts
Scheduled time off.
Synchronous Fireflies.
Agendas for various places.

She is happy as a clam.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today the countdown begins...
I get shot.

Woohoo .

And in about a month I will be free to move about freely. The thing that is on the top of my list is a haircut.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I get shot.

Woohoo .

And in about a month I will be free to move about freely. The thing that is on the top of my list is a haircut.

Why?

In some places it is a sign of wisdom, particularly if it is grey.

In others it is considered to be a sign of a person with a dubious moral compass.

The last time I had my hair cut was over two years ago, after I came back from a third world country because my hair was badly frayed and breaking. It was my hair treatment to stop that from occurring. My hair is now long enough to be touching my shirt collars again.

Not cutting my hair is a good investment. I now costs a small fortune to pay someone to cut your hair. I have a hair clipper and a number 1 hair cut, which I can do myself, costs me nothing, and I only do that when the vacuum cleaner brushes stop spinning and the wife begins to complain.

I do not shave either, and the skin on my dial has no pimples and is smooth to the touch. My children have not seen me without a bread and the tradition must be maintained. Consider the small fortune I have saved from not having to do that task every morning. I can watch the sun come up every morning with my beloved without spending it a small room trying to make myself look acceptable.

Shalom

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I get shot.

Woohoo .

I've had the first one but was told to still stay home as it will only partly protect me until I have a second one.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why?

In some places it is a sign of wisdom, particularly if it is grey.

In others it is considered to be a sign of a person with a dubious moral compass.

The last time I had my hair cut was over two years ago, after I came back from a third world country because my hair was badly frayed and breaking. It was my hair treatment to stop that from occurring. My hair is now long enough to be touching my shirt collars again.

Not cutting my hair is a good investment. I now costs a small fortune to pay someone to cut your hair. I have a hair clipper and a number 1 hair cut, which I can do myself, costs me nothing, and I only do that when the vacuum cleaner brushes stop spinning and the wife begins to complain.

I do not shave either, and the skin on my dial has no pimples and is smooth to the touch. My children have not seen me without a bread and the tradition must be maintained. Consider the small fortune I have saved from not having to do that task every morning. I can watch the sun come up every morning with my beloved without spending it a small room trying to make myself look acceptable.

Shalom

I just wanna get something off my chest...

Mainly speaking of my beard.

And I use straight razors...I don't buy blades. I just have to hone them every fourth shave and strop them before and after each shave.

But I'm thinking that I look more like Cousin It from the Adams Family currently.

I want a shave and a haircut for two bits...
PLEASE!

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've had the first one but was told to still stay home as it will only partly protect me until I have a second one.
The next one is in four weeks.

And then two weeks after that I am all the way free.
I've gotten the Moderna vaccine. The side effects of the second shot are supposed to be a bit more than the Pfizer...or so the rumors are saying.

I don't care...I just want out.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately I won't be able to get mine for quite awhile yet. :(