Inevitably Two Masters

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus says none can come to him unless the Father draws him. If you're desparate to know him you'll beg God the Father to draw you to his Son. The first disciples were first disciples by John the Baptist. I suspect it wasn't an easy road. These were poised, perhaps unwittingly, to become Jesus' disciples.
You have this backwards...
John 14 (NKJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
⁷ "If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him."
⁸ Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us."
⁹ Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I don't think so. Eve was tricked/deceived. Adam did what any dumb man does for a woman, what she wants. That's why God, if you read Gen 3 carefully, lays ALL the blame on the serpent. The serpent deliberately did it: LORD God to the serpent, "because you have done this..." the only other "because," was to Adam, "because you listened to your wife..." He's not blaming him though because he says, "for your sake," in the stronger translation, Geneva or KJV.
I hear what your saying...
but like the "report" that was given to the master about the steward.. I'm not assuming.
There's a lot more going on than meets the eye..
It has to do with Abraham and Sarah and Hagar. and fruit. and taking things you aught not be taking.
and putting blame on other's rather than taking resposibility for your own actions..
mm hmm forbidden fruit.

Working on it..
Hugs

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
John 14 (NKJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
⁷ "If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him."
⁹ Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?
@Heart2Soul Memorable passage there! :)

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14 (NKJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

No.
John 6:44, No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hear what your saying...
but like the "report" that was given to the master about the steward.. I'm not assuming.
There's a lot more going on than meets the eye..
It has to do with Abraham and Sarah and Hagar. and fruit. and taking things you aught not be taking.
and putting blame on other's rather than taking resposibility for your own actions..
mm hmm forbidden fruit.

Working on it..
Hugs
There are two "messups" in the garden: transgression, and sin. He said, she said is sin. Sewing fig leaves and hiding from the LORD God is sin. Taking the fruit is transgression. The sin isn't taken into account until law makes it a transgression. But as soon as they left the singular task they were assigned (sewing fig leaves and hiding among the trees) the garden and ecology suffered; sin-debt incurs. Today the earth is in ruins.

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But if you look at the context and who was listening. It sounds like to me he was scolding the Scribes and Pharisees who were in charge of the Lord's treasury.
That's why Jesus got mad with the counting tables and the market. They were getting rich and doing nothing to help the poor.

That's how I understood your OP.

Thank You
Hugs
Not at all. Jesus is talking to his disciples. No scolding here.

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry if I am "off topic" here, but it seems pretty clear to me that the Apostle Paul lays blame on Adam. In all of Romans 5, Satan nor the Devil is [not] mentioned at all (unless I am deceived and cannot see the Truth).
Paul doesn't lay any blame. He names Adam as the first transgressor and the first sinner. He states all trespass stems from Adams trespass, and so condemnation and death to all stems from Adam's trespass. But the LORD God himself did lay all blame for the original transgression on the serpent, "(to the serpent in Gen 3: ) Because YOU HAVE DONE THIS, cursed are you..."

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul doesn't lay any blame. He names Adam as the first transgressor and the first sinner. He states all trespass stems from Adams trespass, and so condemnation and death to all stems from Adam's trespass. But the LORD God himself did lay all blame for the original transgression on the serpent, "(to the serpent in Gen 3: ) Because YOU HAVE DONE THIS, cursed are you..."

Sorry dude. I just don't understand how you can come to these conclusions. Respectfully, allow me to explain and show the progression of what took place during this Curse Event.

Genesis 3:13 NLT - "Then the LORD God asked the woman, "What have you done?" "The serpent deceived me," she replied. "That's why I ate it."

Who did it? Eve did. - And who is Cursed? The Serpent, surely. But was the Serpent the only one Cursed? Of course not.

Genesis 3:13-14 NLT - "Then the LORD God asked the woman, "What have you done?" "The serpent deceived me," she replied. "That's why I ate it." 14 Then the LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, you are cursed more than all animals, domestic and wild. You will crawl on your belly, groveling in the dust as long as you live."

Do you see it? The Serpent is Curse MORE THAN all animals. Obiously, Satan, or His Minion the Serpent, wasn't the only one Cursed. And who else? Text is clear that the Curse extends to Adam, Eve, and the rest of humanity (with rare exception).

Genesis 3:13-14, 16-17 NLT - "Then the LORD God asked the woman, "What have you done?" "The serpent deceived me," she replied. "That's why I ate it." 14 Then the LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, you are cursed more than all animals, domestic and wild. You will crawl on your belly, groveling in the dust as long as you live. ... 16 Then he said to the woman, "I will sharpen the pain of your pregnancy, and in pain you will give birth. And you will desire to control your husband, but he will rule over you." 17 And to the man he said, "Since you listened to your wife and ate from the tree whose fruit I commanded you not to eat, the ground is cursed because of you. All your life you will struggle to scratch a living from it."

I respect you, BJ, so it is not easy to say to you that I find it very difficult to understand how you come to the conclusion that Adam and Eve were not Cursed. To suffer is precisely what it means to be Cursed. It should be clear that all living matter is under this Curse. The entire physical world became Cursed, not just part of it. All of earth had become corrupt and fell to the effects of decay. I just don't know what else to say . . . it seems so clear and simple.

I would advise all people to not defend and protect their views, but expose them. Open them up and fillet them along those that so willingly fillet and tear apart. Find a way to be wrong! Don't look up all things in order to twist them and turn to meet our own ideas, but it is wise (and proper) to twist and turn our own minds and ideologies so that we can make what others fit into what we believe. We've GOT to be open-minded.

One way to prove to ourselves that we respect others, is to take the things that people say and test them to see if they are True. So again, it is wise to do our best to make the things others say actually apply to what we believe. Likely, those new ideas may not "fit," or seem right . . . but we've got to try.

Having received a True Romans 12:2 Transformation, it is a Pure Gift from the Lord to be able to listen, and more, consider the things all of you, here, have to say. What I like about you is that you are clearly not a stupid person. Rather, you are highly intelligent and very thoughtful, for no doubt you have put awesome consideration into our Holy Bible. How much greater could a man's efforts be? Therefore, I would be a fool not to consider your words, for many of them are the exact Words of our God.

I know your Heart. I believe in you.

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 3:13 NLT - "Then the LORD God asked the woman, "What have you done?" "The serpent deceived me," she replied. "That's why I ate it."

Who did it? Eve did.
You shouldn't respect any person. And if you call the person Dude, it's disrespect, so you contradict yourself; and when you contradict what God himself did say you're confirming an ulterior motive.

The text says that God asks what she did. Period. She confesses she was deceived, and she ate. You're running a risky business "going beyond what's written."

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But if you look at the context and who was listening. It sounds like to me he was scolding the Scribes and Pharisees who were in charge of the Lord's treasury.
That's why Jesus got mad with the counting tables and the market. They were getting rich and doing nothing to help the poor.

That's how I understood your OP.

Thank You
Hugs
To the Jew first.
Gotta keep in mind most modern Christians are so self centered that they believe every word spoken is specifically to them.