Inevitably Two Masters

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, dear brother. He will be glorified in His own before He returns, and in this final harvest that we will have the privilege of being a part, we will finally have come to understand and believe who we really are..... new creatures, citizens of Heaven, victors over any and everything satan can accuse us about or tempt us with.
The harvest began 2k years ago.

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really have a hard time understanding all the talk about the return of Jesus, has He left and forsaken you?

All I ever hear is that I want Jesus to return, scripture states that if we love Him He and His Father will come and make an abode with you. If this hasn’t happened, then I’d say believe, if it has happened then I’d ask, does He have to leave to return.

makes totaly no sense.Where does He go?
Perhaps you can explain that to Paul. He said it was far better for him that he went to be with Jesus but it was more needful to them that he remain. Was he not making his abode with Christ here on earth? Our hearts should be crying out for His return, saying "Come quickly Lord Jesus", should they not?

If this is not the mindset you have, that is fine and is between you and God, but as for me, I long to see Him face to face. Thank you for sharing your viewpoint.

be blessed,

Gids

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you can explain that to Paul. He said it was far better for him that he went to be with Jesus but it was more needful to them that he remain. Was he not making his abode with Christ here on earth? Our hearts should be crying out for His return, saying "Come quickly Lord Jesus", should they not?

If this is not the mindset you have, that is fine and is between you and God, but as for me, I long to see Him face to face. Thank you for sharing your viewpoint.

be blessed,

Gids
Yep, that is what he said, but then suddenly he overcomes self-centeredness and says what is more needful is to remain.

Say what?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So here is what we have currently

Jesus come get me and rescue me out of here , and punish all the bad people. Set me on a throne and put some crowns on me

there a very similar group in the gospels.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess in my opinion to the OP, we either serve God, or self. If people want to become a recluse and estranged themselves from their neighbors then that’s just fine, but please don’t manipulate Gods word to justify yourself.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 22:20 KJV
[20] He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
What does quickly imply, anyone?

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They will there will be a day when men stop looking on their own things and focus on the needs of others.

Yes. It will be Holy Unity amongst the True Brethren that will prove the Lord God's Almighty Power as He changes our mindsets to be the Mind of Christ. Until then . . . division, biting, anger and annoyance. I love all of you, though. :)

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. It will be Holy Unity amongst the True Brethren that will prove the Lord God's Almighty Power as He changes our mindsets to be the Mind of Christ. Until then . . . division, biting, anger and annoyance. I love all of you, though. :)
There’s no Holy unity till people get over the rapture delusion and see that we have an opportunity to serve Him today, and start doing what is more needful.

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The harvest began 2k years ago.
Being that my degree is in horticulture, I understand that when I plant a seed on Tuesday, I do not go out Wednesday to harvest. LOL.

Yes, souls were saved 2000 years ago, with an impassioned church driven by love to share that love with others. In truth, what they accomplished without a printing press, television, or radio, compared to our soul winning today, should put us on our knees begging God to move on us as He did back then.

In those day, men either feared the church ("Those who have turned the whole world upside down have come here also!") or were amazed by what they witnessed ("Behold how they love one another!"). Sadly, neither response is oft heard today.

Whether we want to own up to it or not, the church by and large is more often seen as a bickering, hypocritical, shallow religious organization and truthfully, can anyone blame them? We may have or doctrine right in our heads but sadly, it seldom drifts down to our hearts.

I remember a story I heard years ago about a man facibgvthe gallows for a crime he had committed. The morning of his hanging, the procession of guards and the condemned man walked slowly to town square, led by a sleepy clergyman ong through the motion of last rites prayers.

The condemned man stopped the priest and asked him if he believed in a literal hell. Tge surprised cleric answered yes. Thwn the condemned man said this...

"If I believed as you say you believe, though all of England were strewn with shards of broken glass, I would crawl across it on my knees if needs be, to save just one soul from such a fate."

We are about to be gifted with that exact mindset. No, we do not deserve it, yet God in His mercy is not through with us yet. What an amazing God we serve.

When we read the parable Jesus told of the king' messenger who was sent to announce the return of the king and that men were to make themselves ready, he returned to the king with the news his subjects were too busy with other more important matters.

The king, angered by this, sent his messenger out again to the highways and byways, to the poor, the lame, the halt and the naked, and told His messenger to COMPEL them to come in, for there was still room and His house will be FULL. I love that word.

i pray a compelling spirit overtakes us for I fear we have totally lost sight of who we are and why we are here. It is not too late to change, thank God, for that is the type of God we serve.

blessings,

Gideon

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being that my degree is in horticulture, I understand that when I plant a seed on Tuesday, I do not go out Wednesday to harvest. LOL.

Yes, souls were saved 2000 years ago, with an impassioned church driven by love to share that love with others. In truth, what they accomplished without a printing press, television, or radio, compared to our soul winning today, should put us on our knees begging God to move on us as He did back then.

In those day, men either feared the church ("Those who have turned the whole world upside down have come here also!") or were amazed by what they witnessed ("Behold how they love one another!"). Sadly, neither response is oft heard today.

Whether we want to own up to it or not, the church by and large is more often seen as a bickering, hypocritical, shallow religious organization and truthfully, can anyone blame them? We may have or doctrine right in our heads but sadly, it seldom drifts down to our hearts.

I remember a story I heard years ago about a man facibgvthe gallows for a crime he had committed. The morning of his hanging, the procession of guards and the condemned man walked slowly to town square, led by a sleepy clergyman ong through the motion of last rites prayers.

The condemned man stopped the priest and asked him if he believed in a literal hell. Tge surprised cleric answered yes. Thwn the condemned man said this...

"If I believed as you say you believe, though all of England were strewn with shards of broken glass, I would crawl across it on my knees if needs be, to save just one soul from such a fate."

We are about to be gifted with that exact mindset. No, we do not deserve it, yet God in His mercy is not through with us yet. What an amazing God we serve.

When we read the parable Jesus told of the king' messenger who was sent to announce the return of the king and that men were to make themselves ready, he returned to the king with the news his subjects were too busy with other more important matters.

The king, angered by this, sent his messenger out again to the highways and byways, to the poor, the lame, the halt and the naked, and told His messenger to COMPEL them to come in, for there was still room and His house will be FULL. I love that word.

i pray a compelling spirit overtakes us for I fear we have totally lost sight of who we are and why we are here. It is not too late to change, thank God, for that is the type of God we serve.

blessings,

Gideon
Look, I’m tired also, but not looking for an exit plan. He’s a bridegroom coming out of His chamber as to run a race, and He runs to win.

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So here is what we have currently

Jesus come get me and rescue me out of here , and punish all the bad people. Set me on a throne and put some crowns on me

there a very similar group in the gospels.
Why are you trying to twist my words into something bad? I long for His return but there is still light and there is work that can still be done. Until He returns or calls us home in death, should we not want what He wants?

Choosing to believe that He is not coming back in no way prevents Him from returning. You get that, right?

I love you, dear brother

Gideon

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you trying to twist my words into something bad? I long for His return but there is still light and there is work that can still be done. Until He returns or calls us home in death, should we not want what He wants?

Choosing to believe that He is not coming back in no way prevents Him from returning. You get that, right?

I love you, dear brother

Gideon
Not twisting brother, you are loved as well. Stating this seems to be a common mindset.
I believe He has returned, is the very one performing the work, and crazy as it sounds I’ll never die.

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There’s no Holy unity till people get over the rapture delusion and see that we have an opportunity to serve Him today, and start doing what is more needful.
How did the rapture enter into this discussion? I am not wanting off this planet until either my work is done or His is, lol. As Leonard Ravenhill once said "I would rather burn out than rust out.".

Gids

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Who's benefit was Jesus saying it for? Right after this saying:

Luk 16:14 And the Pharisees also, who were covetous, heard all these things: and they derided him.
Luk 16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

I think he was rebuking them as unrighteous stewards.
Because they was covetous. And justified stealing to make themselves comfortable for a rainy day.. so to speak.

Hugs
The idea was prevalent among the disciples that the Pharisees were definitely heading for heaven... After all God was blessing them with great wealth. Throughout Jesus ministry He was at odds with the idea that great riches guaranteed salvation and designed many of his parables to disentangle the disciples from that mindset. Which mindset is not far distant from some today.

Reactions: Ziggy

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is what Jesus said...
And he said also unto his disciples, There was a certain rich man, which had a steward; and the same was accused unto him that he had wasted his goods.

So this stewards master found out that he wasted what he was trusted with...

2. And he called him, and said unto him, How is it that I hear this of thee? give an account of thy stewardship; for thou mayest be no longer steward.
³ Then the steward said within himself, What shall I do? for my lord taketh away from me the stewardship: I cannot dig; to beg I am ashamed.

So this steward knows he is in deep trouble
So here is how he remedies it...

⁴ I am resolved what to do, that, when I am put out of the stewardship, they may receive me into their houses.
⁵ So he called every one of his lord's debtors unto him, and said unto the first, How much owest thou unto my lord?
⁶ And he said, An hundred measures of oil. And he said unto him, Take thy bill, and sit down quickly, and write fifty.
⁷ Then said he to another, And how much owest thou? And he said, An hundred measures of wheat. And he said unto him, Take thy bill, and write fourscore.

The steward amends everyone's debts....and in the next verse his lord praises his actions..

⁸ And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light.

Then Jesus says.....
9. And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.
¹⁰ He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much.
¹¹ If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?
¹² And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man's, who shall give you that which is your own?
¹³ No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Seems several perspectives on the above parable have already been given in this thread. Only an opinion but consider:

1) the steward cut the debts in half. Why only half...? Matthew 18:24-28 And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents. [25] But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made. [26] The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. [27] Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt. [28] But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.
...the last verse Matthew 18:35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.
Only half?

Matthew 6:12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
Only half?

2) the ‘when you fail’ ...not an ‘if’ you fail, but instead ‘when’ Luke 16:9 And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.

how many everlasting habitations can one who ‘when you fail’ be received into? Ephesians 2:20-22 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone ; [21] In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: [22] In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Luke 16:9 And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.

Make friends with the spirit of unrighteous mammon; make friends with corruption, make friends with the greedy pursuit of gain ... that, when you fail ...Luke 12:33 Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.

Go make friends with it, that, when you fail they may receive you into everlasting habitations...sounds like...1 Corinthians 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Point is ...He may have been saying go ahead and make friends with the spirit of unrighteous mammon but the ‘when you fail’ sounds like a warning (imo), that it isn’t going to end well and there is going to be loss.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems several perspectives on the above parable have already been given in this thread. Only an opinion but consider:

1) the steward cut the debts in half. Why only half...? Matthew 18:24-28 And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents. [25] But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made. [26] The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. [27] Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt. [28] But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.
...the last verse Matthew 18:35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.
Only half?

Matthew 6:12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
Only half?

2) the ‘when you fail’ ...not an ‘if’ you fail, but instead ‘when’ Luke 16:9 And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.

how many everlasting habitations can one who ‘when you fail’ be received into? Ephesians 2:20-22 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone ; [21] In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: [22] In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Luke 16:9 And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.

Make friends with the spirit of unrighteous mammon; make friends with corruption, make friends with the greedy pursuit of gain ... that, when you fail ...Luke 12:33 Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.

Go make friends with it, that, when you fail they may receive you into everlasting habitations...sounds like...1 Corinthians 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Point is ...He may have been saying go ahead and make friends with the spirit of unrighteous mammon but the ‘when you fail’ sounds like a warning (imo), that it isn’t going to end well and there is going to be loss.
That is another to look at it...but is it what Jesus was wanting us to learn? Actually, there is more than one lesson in this parable if you think about it....so perhaps everyone is right.;)