Inevitably Two Masters

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not looking at it primarily from the perspective of money in your pocket or mine, but from the perspective of going to work 8 hours a day 5 days a week on average to serve a company that's producing what? Are they replenishing the earth or destroying it?

Oh. Do you have a couple of examples?
Thanks.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is another to look at it...but is it what Jesus was wanting us to learn? Actually, there is more than one lesson in this parable if you think about it....so perhaps everyone is right.;)

possibly. There is much to consider for sure. Just thinking ... There is a rich man and a manager. The manager says: my master is taking the management away from me. I’m not strong enough to dig. I am ashamed to beg.

Luke 16:3 Lexicon: "The manager said to himself, 'What shall I do, since my master is taking the management away from me? I am not strong enough to dig; I am ashamed to beg.

Strong's Greek: 1871. ἐπαιτέω (epaiteó) -- to beg

‘I know what I will do ... I am not strong enough to dig. I am ashamed to beg (ask alms.)

And his master praised the unrighteousness injustice, ...Praised, applauded the unrighteous injustice

Matthew 23:23-25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted (cut, leave off) the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. [24] Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel. [25] Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.

Makes me think of their saying to one ‘it is a Corbin’ and they suffered them no more to do ought for father or mother. How they so quickly said to do this, but strike that out. And through this exempting (cutting in half) they could keep not only themselves blind but others as well. Deceiving themselves from ever seeing their failure; in if you fail in any part ...you fail in all.

his master praised the injustice. The Pharisees who were ‘lovers of money’ were listening, scoffing (to hold up the nose in derision at Him). ‘the love of money is the root of all evil’. The Pharisees didn’t have our luxury to wiggle out from under being ‘lovers of money’. Since He told them that was who they were ‘lovers of money’, while they snubbed up their noses in derision and distaste at Him.

...his master praised the unrighteous injustice of the ‘unrighteous manager’. No man can serve two master. Which master praises unrighteous injustice? That which is highly esteemed among men...praising unrighteous injustice...is a detestable thing before God.

Then ...Make friends by means of riches of unrighteousness injustice...so whenever it fails (to cease) they will receive you into ‘the eternal age long dwellings.’
Luke 16:9 Lexicon: "And I say to you, make friends for yourselves by means of the wealth of unrighteousness, so that when it fails, they will receive you into the eternal dwellings.

There is a rich man and a manager. The manager says: my master is taking the management away from me. I’m not strong enough to dig. I am ashamed to beg.

Immediately after He moves on to: the rich man and a beggar.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
possibly. There is much to consider for sure. Just thinking ... There is a rich man and a manager. The manager says: my master is taking the management away from me. I’m not strong enough to dig. I am ashamed to beg.

Luke 16:3 Lexicon: "The manager said to himself, 'What shall I do, since my master is taking the management away from me? I am not strong enough to dig; I am ashamed to beg.

Strong's Greek: 1871. ἐπαιτέω (epaiteó) -- to beg

‘I know what I will do ... I am not strong enough to dig. I am ashamed to beg (ask alms.)

And his master praised the unrighteousness injustice, ...Praised, applauded the unrighteous injustice

Matthew 23:23-25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted (cut, leave off) the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. [24] Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel. [25] Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.

Makes me think of their saying to one ‘it is a Corbin’ and they suffered them no more to do ought for father or mother. How they so quickly said to do this, but strike that out. And through this exempting (cutting in half) they could keep not only themselves blind but others as well. Deceiving themselves from ever seeing their failure; in if you fail in any part ...you fail in all.

his master praised the injustice. The Pharisees who were ‘lovers of money’ were listening, scoffing (to hold up the nose in derision at Him). ‘the love of money is the root of all evil’. The Pharisees didn’t have our luxury to wiggle out from under being ‘lovers of money’. Since He told them that was who they were ‘lovers of money’, while they snubbed up their noses in derision and distaste at Him.

...his master praised the unrighteous injustice of the ‘unrighteous manager’. No man can serve two master. Which master praises unrighteous injustice? That which is highly esteemed among men...praising unrighteous injustice...is a detestable thing before God.

Then ...Make friends by means of riches of unrighteousness injustice...so whenever it fails (to cease) they will receive you into ‘the eternal age long dwellings.’
Luke 16:9 Lexicon: "And I say to you, make friends for yourselves by means of the wealth of unrighteousness, so that when it fails, they will receive you into the eternal dwellings.

There is a rich man and a manager. The manager says: my master is taking the management away from me. I’m not strong enough to dig. I am ashamed to beg.

Immediately after He moves on to: the rich man and a beggar.
Amen! It gets deep!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I can say is.. I bet the ones who owed the money are real happy.
Now whether the steward keeps his job or not, that's another story.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!
Hugs

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible says we're to labor to enter into God's rest. But man wants conventional rest. The Bible is clear what God's rest means. On the sixth day the whole earth was very good. THEN God entered HIS rest. Today it's in ruins.
That won't change until hearts change..
So much carelessness.. so much waste..
One little light at a time..
until they sky is full of stars..
Hugs

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That won't change until hearts change..
So much carelessness.. so much waste..
One little light at a time..
until they sky is full of stars..
Hugs
Each one get a little piece of property and restore it. That's what I'm doing. Don't put any utilities on it. Use it only for an annual crop. People get it when they see it.

Reactions: Ziggy

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After I reclaim/restore 5 or so little lots, I'll give my first one to a Native American household, Lord willing. This is what we need to do. We the church.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Each one get a little piece of property and restore it. That's what I'm doing. Don't put any utilities on it. Use it only for an annual crop. People get it when they see it.
Hard to do that when your crammed in a city though.
I'm living on almost 3 acres. I can't physically do a thing with it.
So it rests, until the Good Lord needs to wake it up. :)

I hear a lot about this reset.. If that goes through, the chance of anyone owning anything will be a dream gone by. :(

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hard to do that when your crammed in a city though.
I'm living on almost 3 acres. I can't physically do a thing with it.
So it rests, until the Good Lord needs to wake it up. :)

I hear a lot about this reset.. If that goes through, the chance of anyone owning anything will be a dream gone by. :(
Reset?

The city's sometimes the best place to do it. I got 115 × 30 feet of lawn for $202 because it was a tax sale.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you see the story in California some years ago?
There was an old empty lot and the owner said the community could have it as a community garden.
They cleared it, cleaned it, worked it. and they shared everything with the community.
One day the owner decided he wanted it back. He came in and plowed down all their gardens. Knocked down their fruit tress.
Locked the gates.. and never returned. It sits idle now. all grown over, doing no one any good at all.
so sad :(

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reset?

The city's sometimes the best place to do it. I got 115 × 30 feet of lawn for $202 because it was a tax sale.
Oh you need to go check out the 2020 election thread about the "reset" .
If you don't know or haven't heard of agenda 2030, now is a good time to learn.
Hugs

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you restore a tiny section, the ecological units around it respond. If Adam and Eve haden't abandoned their task in the garden to make inferior crafts and so forth, the whole place would have been dressed right.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you restore a tiny section, the ecological units around it respond. If Adam and Eve haden't abandoned their task in the garden to make inferior crafts and so forth, the whole place would have been dressed right.
Your right about that.
They should of stuck with the plan.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I prefer the old way to be informed. Word of mouth.
It's the government takeover of everyone's liberties.
Otherwise known as the New World Order on steroids..
heading our way.. if we don't stand aginst it, it will eat us alive.

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh you need to go check out the 2020 election thread about the "reset" .
If you don't know or haven't heard of agenda 2030, now is a good time to learn.
Hugs
Did you see the story in California some years ago?
There was an old empty lot and the owner said the community could have it as a community garden.
They cleared it, cleaned it, worked it. and they shared everything with the community.
One day the owner decided he wanted it back. He came in and plowed down all their gardens. Knocked down their fruit tress.
Locked the gates.. and never returned. It sits idle now. all grown over, doing no one any good at all.
so sad :(
But it confirms you're doing God's will. The former mayor did the same thing to my property, not once. Twice. But it payed off because he's out of office now and the city is changing. I went to jail 3 times for activism against him. The first two times I was away from my property he bulldozed just before the harvest. The new mayor apologized and asks for me.