Inspiring! The church without walls, Los Angeles (homeless ministry)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This church without walls ministers on the streets of skid row every week. They also serve food but don't require anyone to listen in order to get food.

The pastor is a former rapper and has been doing the church without walls for thirteen years now.

I often see a video about the church on our secular PBS station.
The Row Church

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At another forum, a new member mentioned that he thought churches (the people) were remaining inside their buildings too much. So that is what gave me the idea for this thread. A church that actually has no building....it simply exists on a corner of skid row, Los Angeles. Chairs set up each week on the sidewalk.

R

Rita

We have a ‘ church without walls ‘ on revelation tv in the UK. It was started years ago to reach the many people that find it difficult to get to a church ( elderly, disabled, sick, isolated ) it’s really grown. I haven’t tuned in for awhile , something I need to do really as I always benefit when I do.
The church you have shown looks amazing xx
Rita

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
P.S. I'm hoping to learn how to post a video about the church without walls soon.

R

Rita

I am sure someone else will be able to help you, I am technology illiterate !! Lol

Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is an excerpt from the church's website....
"THE CHURCH... WITHOUT WALLS"
THE ROW is "The Church Without Walls", or as some of our parishioners like to call it, “The Street Church”. We have no building to meet, worship or pray in, but that suits us just fine considering the majority of our congregation is used to sleeping under the open night sky. Every Friday, for the last 13 years, we've faithfully held service, worshiped, prayed and fed those who were hungry for food and the Word of God in the heart of Skid Row, Los Angeles – America’s homeless capital.

Our church was founded by Pastor Stephe "Cue" Jn-Marie, a former Virgin Records rapper, turned evangelist, activist and organizer, who left the music industry in 1994 to begin following God. After serving in ministries and planting churches that took a more traditional approach to practicing Christianity, Cue felt God leading him towards something different. He felt God calling him to the streets, and the seed that would become THE ROW was planted.

Currently, THE ROW is the strongest it’s ever been. The hands of the church can be felt throughout downtown L.A., leaders are rising from within our ranks and we are taking bigger strides to impact the lives of those who have been marginalized, pushed to the side and forgotten about.

At THE ROW you will find beauty in the midst of chaos. It is a place where the hungry are being fed, spirits are being encouraged and minds are continually challenged. Ultimately, THE ROW is a place of refuge and hope.

"I REMAIN CONFIDENT OF THIS: I WILL SEE THE GOODNESS OF THE LORD IN THE LAND OF THE LIVING." - PSALM 27:13

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
P.S. I'm hoping to learn how to post a video about the church without walls soon.
Hi, Debp! From YouTube, if you right click on the video you want to post, and select "Copy Video URL," you can paste it on this forum in the text box that you use to write a post. Hope this helps!

I found this video on YouTube. It looks like the same church you're talking about. What an incredible ministry!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rita and Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, Debp! From YouTube, if you right click on the video you want to post, and select "Copy Video URL," you can paste it on this forum in the text box that you use to write a post. Hope this helps!

I found this video on YouTube. It looks like the same church you're talking about.

Hi, thanks very much. Yes, that is the exact video I was going to post!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Church Without Walls is still ministering in Skid Row Los Angeles.