intentional sins?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, what @Behold is teaching is the natural conclusion of the understanding that we are not under the law, are dead to the law, and are delivered from the law (Romans 6:14, Romans 7:4, Galatians 2:19, Romans 7:6).

That this is true means that the law does not in any more certain terms identify us as sinners; it no longer points the finger at us.

However, this is from the perspective of the Father's looking at us through rose-colored glasses: He looks at us and sees the righteousness and blood of Jesus; even His perfect life applied to our account.

From the Holy Spirit's perspective, however, He sees us as sinners; because it is His job to sanctify us and to deal with our sin by bringing it to our attention so that we can confess it.

So there are two realities. In one, we are not under the law; and in the other, we are under the law to Christ.

From the Father's perspective He sees the righteousness and blood of Jesus when He looks at us; from the Holy Spirit's perspective He applies the law to our lives and desires to make us more like Christ in holiness and righteousness; and He does this by showing us our sins: and therefore He is personally aware of our sins. And by the law is the knowledge of our sins; therefore the Holy Spirit uses the law to show us that we are sinners in need of a Saviour: that we still need Jesus after all these years! That His sacrifice avails for us because we continue to trust in it rather than in our performance to save us.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It appears you quoted Romans 7 - "a different law in the members of my body." Don't forget Romans 7:14-23 is not a Christian, but Paul when a Pharisee, under the Law of sin and death. Romans 8 is a Christian, because not until we have the Holy Spirit are we a Christian, and the law of sin and death is no longer in the members of his body. Romans 8:2 says, the law of the Spirit of life in Christ has freed me from the law of sin and death.

The Law was holy, but it was weak because it had to be kept by a sinful nature. The Spirit of Christ takes away that sinful nature if the Spirit of God is in us through true repentance. A Christian is NOT IN THE FLESH (very important) if the Spirit of God is in us. And if the Spirit of Christ is not in us, we do not belong to Christ.

One thing I stress that the booklets don't is the power of the Spirit. Leroy doesn't seem to tell you how. It seems to all be knowledge. But it is the true repentance, that only needs to happen once. Once you have the Spirit, you are born again, and you feel the difference in power immediately. And I don't see them differentiating the two types of sin, that the lesser ones are continuously being cleansed as long as we forgive others. So, we can have assurance if we follow the love that is continuously bubbling in our hearts, and forgiving one another. And of course, never going against our conscience.

And as Philippians 3:16 says, walk according to the knowledge of sin that you have attained to. And then keep growing in the Spirit, and He will add more and more knowledge to walk by.

"It appears you quoted Romans 7 - "a different law in the members of my body." Don't forget Romans 7:14-23 is not a Christian, but Paul when a Pharisee, under the Law of sin and death. Romans 8 is a Christian, because not until we have the Holy Spirit are we a Christian, and the law of sin and death is no longer in the members of his body. Romans 8:2 says, the law of the Spirit of life in Christ has freed me from the law of sin and death."

So then, Paul's conversion did not happen on the way to Damascus? How could he have still been a Pharisee when writing the letter to the Romans? I had originally believed the Church at Rome were gentiles but upon re-reading Romans 7, it is clear he is speaking to Jews but...Paul was already a Christian by then. Ananias laid hands on him, his eyes were open and he was instructed by Ananias to be baptized and received the Holy Spirit.
"And Ananias went his way and entered the house; and laying his hands on him he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you came, has sent me that you may receive your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.” Acts 9:17. I know I'm probably all over the place here, sorry :oops:

"The Law was holy, but it was weak because it had to be kept by a sinful nature. The Spirit of Christ takes away that sinful nature if the Spirit of God is in us through true repentance. A Christian is NOT IN THE FLESH (very important) if the Spirit of God is in us. And if the Spirit of Christ is not in us, we do not belong to Christ."

Yes, agreed and understood. BTW- What differences do you see between being led and walking in the Spirit?" I'm not sold on Christians NEVER walking in the flesh, if even momentarily as, we still are living in this suit and get all the ageing wrinkles and diminished brain capacity, or reflexes. Yes, we have new spirits and learn to hate sin as He does yet...I cannot reach this 100% sinless living. I strive for it! But, I fall at times. So, I don't see myself as sinless but I sure know that as I have grown, I have certainly sinned less and desire NOT AT ALL TO sin.

"One thing I stress that the booklets don't is the power of the Spirit. Leroy doesn't seem to tell you how. It seems to all be knowledge. But it is the true repentance, that only needs to happen once. Once you have the Spirit, you are born again, and you feel the difference in power immediately. And I don't see them differentiating the two types of sin, that the lesser ones are continuously being cleansed as long as we forgive others. So, we can have assurance if we follow the love that is continuously bubbling in our hearts, and forgiving one another. And of course, never going against our conscience."

No, from what little I have read by Leroy does not mention the Spirits power. I just got in Anxious for Nothing by John MacArthur. I am sending it to one of my sisters...she is anxious over like, all things, lol.

Now, I shall continue on reading things by this man as i find him easy to understand but, I must say that I too am not quite settled on the separating of the 2 types of sin. Not that I am giving up on liking into all of this bt, just do not have the peace about that yet..

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"It appears you quoted Romans 7 - "a different law in the members of my body." Don't forget Romans 7:14-23 is not a Christian, but Paul when a Pharisee, under the Law of sin and death. Romans 8 is a Christian, because not until we have the Holy Spirit are we a Christian, and the law of sin and death is no longer in the members of his body. Romans 8:2 says, the law of the Spirit of life in Christ has freed me from the law of sin and death."

So then, Paul's conversion did not happen on the way to Damascus? How could he have still been a Pharisee when writing the letter to the Romans? I had originally believed the Church at Rome were gentiles but upon re-reading Romans 7, it is clear he is speaking to Jews but...Paul was already a Christian by then. Ananias laid hands on him, his eyes were open and he was instructed by Ananias to be baptized and received the Holy Spirit.
"And Ananias went his way and entered the house; and laying his hands on him he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you came, has sent me that you may receive your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.” Acts 9:17. I know I'm probably all over the place here, sorry :oops:

"The Law was holy, but it was weak because it had to be kept by a sinful nature. The Spirit of Christ takes away that sinful nature if the Spirit of God is in us through true repentance. A Christian is NOT IN THE FLESH (very important) if the Spirit of God is in us. And if the Spirit of Christ is not in us, we do not belong to Christ."

Yes, agreed and understood. BTW- What differences do you see between being led and walking in the Spirit?" I'm not sold on Christians NEVER walking in the flesh, if even momentarily as, we still are living in this suit and get all the ageing wrinkles and diminished brain capacity, or reflexes. Yes, we have new spirits and learn to hate sin as He does yet...I cannot reach this 100% sinless living. I strive for it! But, I fall at times. So, I don't see myself as sinless but I sure know that as I have grown, I have certainly sinned less and desire NOT AT ALL TO sin.

"One thing I stress that the booklets don't is the power of the Spirit. Leroy doesn't seem to tell you how. It seems to all be knowledge. But it is the true repentance, that only needs to happen once. Once you have the Spirit, you are born again, and you feel the difference in power immediately. And I don't see them differentiating the two types of sin, that the lesser ones are continuously being cleansed as long as we forgive others. So, we can have assurance if we follow the love that is continuously bubbling in our hearts, and forgiving one another. And of course, never going against our conscience."

No, from what little I have read by Leroy does not mention the Spirits power. I just got in Anxious for Nothing by John MacArthur. I am sending it to one of my sisters...she is anxious over like, all things, lol.

Now, I shall continue on reading things by this man as i find him easy to understand but, I must say that I too am not quite settled on the separating of the 2 types of sin. Not that I am giving up on liking into all of this bt, just do not have the peace about that yet..

It was years ago that I read the NT through in the Living Bible and when I got to Romans 6, a chapter I had found difficult, it suddenly made sense, and then all the impossible scriptures fell in line. I'm pretty sure I sent you my testimony and I was trying to make sense of my extraordinary life changing experience in scripture, and now all the verses everyone else believes are just asking too much, and can't be true like 1 John 3:9, I experienced from that night in 1977 on when I was about 30. I got out of bed when I thought about this chapter, and said, I've got to share this paraphrase with Nancy. Also, let me know if I haven't sent you my testimony. If I have, read it again.

Romans 6:
1 Well then, shall we keep on sinning so that God can keep on showing us more and more kindness and forgiveness?

2-3 Of course not! Should we keep on sinning when we don’t have to? For sin’s power over us was broken when we became Christians and were baptized to become a part of Jesus Christ; through his death the power of your sinful nature was shattered. 4 Your old sin-loving nature was buried with him by baptism when he died; and when God the Father, with glorious power, brought him back to life again, you were given his wonderful new life to enjoy.

5 For you have become a part of him, and so you died with him, so to speak, when he died;a]">[a] and now you share his new life and shall rise as he did. 6 Your old evil desires were nailed to the cross with him; that part of you that loves to sin was crushed and fatally wounded, so that your sin-loving body is no longer under sin’s control, no longer needs to be a slave to sin; 7 for when you are deadened to sin you are freed from all its allure and its power over you. 8 And since your old sin-loving nature “died” with Christ, we know that you will share his new life. 9 Christ rose from the dead and will never die again. Death no longer has any power over him. 10 He died once for all to end sin’s power, but now he lives forever in unbroken fellowship with God. 11 So look upon your old sin nature as dead and unresponsive to sin, and instead be alive to God, alert to him, through Jesus Christ our Lord.

12 Do not let sin control your puny body any longer; do not give in to its sinful desires. 13 Do not let any part of your bodies become tools of wickedness, to be used for sinning; but give yourselves completely to God—every part of you—for you are back from death and you want to be tools in the hands of God, to be used for his good purposes. 14 Sin need never again be your master,b]">[b] for now you are no longer tied to the law where sin enslaves you, but you are free under God’s favor and mercy.

15 Does this mean that now we can go ahead and sin and not worry about it? (For our salvation does not depend on keeping the law but on receiving God’s grace!) Of course not!

16 Don’t you realize that you can choose your own master? You can choose sin (with death) or else obedience (with acquittal). The one to whom you offer yourself—he will take you and be your master, and you will be his slave. 17 Thank God that though you once chose to be slaves of sin, now you have obeyed with all your heart the teaching to which God has committed you. 18 And now you are free from your old master, sin; and you have become slaves to your new master, righteousness.

19 I speak this way, using the illustration of slaves and masters, because it is easy to understand: just as you used to be slaves to all kinds of sin, so now you must let yourselves be slaves to all that is right and holy.

20 In those days when you were slaves of sin you didn’t bother much with goodness. 21 And what was the result? Evidently not good, since you are ashamed now even to think about those things you used to do, for all of them end in eternal doom. 22 But now you are free from the power of sin and are slaves of God, and his benefits to you include holiness and everlasting life. 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Good night, sister.

Reactions: Nancy

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It appears you quoted Romans 7 - "a different law in the members of my body." Don't forget Romans 7:14-23 is not a Christian, but Paul when a Pharisee, under the Law of sin and death. Romans 8 is a Christian, because not until we have the Holy Spirit are we a Christian, and the law of sin and death is no longer in the members of his body. Romans 8:2 says, the law of the Spirit of life in Christ has freed me from the law of sin and death.

The Law was holy, but it was weak because it had to be kept by a sinful nature. The Spirit of Christ takes away that sinful nature if the Spirit of God is in us through true repentance. A Christian is NOT IN THE FLESH (very important) if the Spirit of God is in us. And if the Spirit of Christ is not in us, we do not belong to Christ.

One thing I stress that the booklets don't is the power of the Spirit. Leroy doesn't seem to tell you how. It seems to all be knowledge. But it is the true repentance, that only needs to happen once. Once you have the Spirit, you are born again, and you feel the difference in power immediately. And I don't see them differentiating the two types of sin, that the lesser ones are continuously being cleansed as long as we forgive others. So, we can have assurance if we follow the love that is continuously bubbling in our hearts, and forgiving one another. And of course, never going against our conscience.

And as Philippians 3:16 says, walk according to the knowledge of sin that you have attained to. And then keep growing in the Spirit, and He will add more and more knowledge to walk by.

Romans 7 is about the Law that we are no longer under, and Paul is relating what it was like living under the law with a carnal nature. Romans 8 begins with being freed from not only the law, but from the carnal nature where sin resided also. Romans 8 is part of the context of Romans 7.

Paul's teaching on the law and sin is from chapter one through eight. It explains the law and the Old Covenant, and introduces the New Covenant through Jesus and ends with the Spirit.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

BTW, I'm not a fan of John MacArthur.

Being anxious is a sin, but I've been without much of a fear gene since I could walk, even before I had the Holy Spirit. I even walked up to 3 young men breaking into my car to steal it in Los Angeles, and walked right up to them laughing and said, "You guys couldn't find a better car to steal than this hunk a junk? Two of them backed off and just stared amazed. And I made the third one fix my window that they had stripped. He used a 9 or 10" knife with me sitting next to him. I talked to him about changing his life, and coming to my church.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
All of these things listed are sins that also stem out of the sin nature.

You are not going to be able to tell me otherwise, and have me believe that you are even credible in your statements.

"sin nature".

You have to decide if you are a sin nature, or if you are a new creation in Christ.
You can't be both.
Figure it out.
Paul said to "reckon the old man dead"....
You have not done this.....you instead BELIEVE in the old man, that the old man is you.
Its not.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Being anxious is a sin, but I've been without much of a fear gene since I could walk, even before I had the Holy Spirit. I even walked up to 3 young men breaking into my car to steal it in Los Angeles, and walked right up to them laughing and said, "You guys couldn't find a better car to steal than this hunk a junk? Two of them backed off and just stared amazed. And I made the third one fix my window that they had stripped. He used a 9 or 10" knife with me sitting next to him. I talked to him about changing his life, and coming to my church.

I enjoy this type of behavior, you are describing, regarding yourself.

Most Christians not only want to keep living in this earthly life that is horrible, but they are also afraid to die.

Reader,
Christians should not want to keep staying on this earth.
If you you want this, then you are carnal.
This earth is not your home.
Death is just a door that leads us to our LORD.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have to decide if you are a sin nature, or if you are a new creation in Christ.
You can't be both.

Jesus said,

Jhn 3:6, That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

We have all been born of the flesh; and some of us have been born of the Spirit.

Paul said to "reckon the old man dead"....
You have not done this.....you instead BELIEVE in the old man, that the old man is you.
Its not.

Rom 7:18, For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

These are Paul's words.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I enjoy this type of behavior, you are describing, regarding yourself.

Most Christians not only want to keep living in this earthly life that is horrible, but they are also afraid to die.

Reader,
Christians should not want to keep staying on this earth.
If you you want this, then you are carnal.
This earth is not your home.
Death is just a door that leads us to our LORD.

This earth is merely a testing ground.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Neither am I much of a fan. I could never, ever stomach his TULIP salvific doctrine. I did not order this book, it just came with an envelope to donate.

I must say that I was one of the most anxious, complaining, worry wart for most of my life until He totally took it completely away! He simply reasoned with me, hit like a ton of bricks when realizing I fretted over things I had zero control over. That came with complete surrender!

Lol...awesome story about the 3 young men...you do strike me as a fearless no nonsense strength which, of course comes from strong faith and total trust.

Reactions: CharismaticLady

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was years ago that I read the NT through in the Living Bible and when I got to Romans 6, a chapter I had found difficult, it suddenly made sense, and then all the impossible scriptures fell in line. I'm pretty sure I sent you my testimony and I was trying to make sense of my extraordinary life changing experience in scripture, and now all the verses everyone else believes are just asking too much, and can't be true like 1 John 3:9, I experienced from that night in 1977 on when I was about 30. I got out of bed when I thought about this chapter, and said, I've got to share this paraphrase with Nancy. Also, let me know if I haven't sent you my testimony. If I have, read it again.

Romans 6:
1 Well then, shall we keep on sinning so that God can keep on showing us more and more kindness and forgiveness?

2-3 Of course not! Should we keep on sinning when we don’t have to? For sin’s power over us was broken when we became Christians and were baptized to become a part of Jesus Christ; through his death the power of your sinful nature was shattered. 4 Your old sin-loving nature was buried with him by baptism when he died; and when God the Father, with glorious power, brought him back to life again, you were given his wonderful new life to enjoy.

5 For you have become a part of him, and so you died with him, so to speak, when he died;a]">[a] and now you share his new life and shall rise as he did. 6 Your old evil desires were nailed to the cross with him; that part of you that loves to sin was crushed and fatally wounded, so that your sin-loving body is no longer under sin’s control, no longer needs to be a slave to sin; 7 for when you are deadened to sin you are freed from all its allure and its power over you. 8 And since your old sin-loving nature “died” with Christ, we know that you will share his new life. 9 Christ rose from the dead and will never die again. Death no longer has any power over him. 10 He died once for all to end sin’s power, but now he lives forever in unbroken fellowship with God. 11 So look upon your old sin nature as dead and unresponsive to sin, and instead be alive to God, alert to him, through Jesus Christ our Lord.

12 Do not let sin control your puny body any longer; do not give in to its sinful desires. 13 Do not let any part of your bodies become tools of wickedness, to be used for sinning; but give yourselves completely to God—every part of you—for you are back from death and you want to be tools in the hands of God, to be used for his good purposes. 14 Sin need never again be your master,b]">[b] for now you are no longer tied to the law where sin enslaves you, but you are free under God’s favor and mercy.

15 Does this mean that now we can go ahead and sin and not worry about it? (For our salvation does not depend on keeping the law but on receiving God’s grace!) Of course not!

16 Don’t you realize that you can choose your own master? You can choose sin (with death) or else obedience (with acquittal). The one to whom you offer yourself—he will take you and be your master, and you will be his slave. 17 Thank God that though you once chose to be slaves of sin, now you have obeyed with all your heart the teaching to which God has committed you. 18 And now you are free from your old master, sin; and you have become slaves to your new master, righteousness.

19 I speak this way, using the illustration of slaves and masters, because it is easy to understand: just as you used to be slaves to all kinds of sin, so now you must let yourselves be slaves to all that is right and holy.

20 In those days when you were slaves of sin you didn’t bother much with goodness. 21 And what was the result? Evidently not good, since you are ashamed now even to think about those things you used to do, for all of them end in eternal doom. 22 But now you are free from the power of sin and are slaves of God, and his benefits to you include holiness and everlasting life. 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Good night, sister.

I just now am seeing this post...i have had a busy day! :)

Please give me some time to go over this...and I do remember a bit back you sharing some of your testimony in PM...you could share again or I could look back in my PM's.
Iv'e copy and pasted your post to my desktop and will read it later or tomorrow...want to be rested!

In Him,
N. <--- my new sign off :D

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neither am I much of a fan. I could never, ever stomach his TULIP salvific doctrine. I did not order this book, it just came with an envelope to donate.

I must say that I was one of the most anxious, complaining, worry wart for most of my life until He totally took it completely away! He simply reasoned with me, hit like a ton of bricks when realizing I fretted over things I had zero control over. That came with complete surrender!

Lol...awesome story about the 3 young men...you do strike me as a fearless no nonsense strength which, of course comes from strong faith and total trust.

When I would take trips by myself across country (driving) I would listen to teaching tapes of different pastors. One set of tapes was by Charles Stanley "God is in Control." That was definitely a faith builder.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just now am seeing this post...i have had a busy day! :)

Please give me some time to go over this...and I do remember a bit back you sharing some of your testimony in PM...you could share again or I could look back in my PM's.
Iv'e copy and pasted your post to my desktop and will read it later or tomorrow...want to be rested!

In Him,
N. <--- my new sign off :D

I'll just PM you the testimony. It is too long, so will be in two parts.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I would take trips by myself across country (driving) I would listen to teaching tapes of different pastors. One set of tapes was by Charles Stanley "God is in Control." That was definitely a faith builder.

Oh I do so love Charles Stanley! He is so unassuming and gentle with his words. And, he has good doctrine. If I watched TV, he would be the only preacher I can think of off the top of my head, that I could stomach listening to. I'm sure there are others but, the large majority of them are conscienceless.

Reactions: CharismaticLady

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I do so love Charles Stanley! He is so unassuming and gentle with his words. And, he has good doctrine. If I watched TV, he would be the only preacher I can think of off the top of my head, that I could stomach listening to. I'm sure there are others but, the large majority of them are conscienceless.

I record Sid Roth's It's Supernatural to keep up with what that part of the Church is up to. Out of hundred's of guests, there have only been a couple that I didn't agree with.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I record Sid Roth's It's Supernatural to keep up with what that part of the Church is up to. Out of hundred's of guests, there have only been a couple that I didn't agree with.

Only one, wow. Not very familiar with Sid Roth, I have heard his name only. I will have to see what he is all about. I pulled up his site and glanced at some of the guests he has had on his show, don't know them. Looks interesting so I'll keep it open for later.
Thanks!!!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only one, wow. Not very familiar with Sid Roth, I have heard his name only. I will have to see what he is all about. I pulled up his site and glanced at some of the guests he has had on his show, don't know them. Looks interesting so I'll keep it open for later.
Thanks!!!

They are guests that heal the sick, raise the dead, have gone to heaven and back, seen Jesus face to face, etc.

Before COVID-19 (CPV) I also recorded Jim Bakker. He has a lot of prophets on his.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are guests that heal the sick, raise the dead, have gone to heaven and back, seen Jesus face to face, etc.

Before COVID-19 (CPV) I also recorded Jim Bakker. He has a lot of prophets on his.

Just so you know, I am a natural skeptic! Lol.

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
intentional sins?
OP ^

OT - is about "committing" a known act of Sin, "according to" Mosaic Law.
(The "ACTS" are Revealed in the Written Mosaic Law).

NT - is about "committing" a known act of Sin, "according to" a "Better Testament", Revealed By The Word of God Himself, Jesus the Christ. (The "ACT" is Revealed in Writing of the New Testament.)

OT - NT...the Same hinge on:
Belief in God; is Righteous.
Disbelief in the Lord God Almighty; is a Sin.

Under the Mosaic Law:
Men can Sin Against God AND men, and be subject to Penalty, Under Mosaic Law.
Men can Sin Against men, and ARE subject to penalty.
(OT- men could forgive men of Sin)

Under Offered Grace:
Men can Sin Against God AND become Forgiven, BY God.
Men can "Trespass" Against men, maybe be forgiven by men, maybe be subject to Civil penalty.
Jesus Taught "A Man Who has Accepted His Offer of Grace"...
Is Forgiven of Sin Against God.
And:
Should also Forgive men who have "Trespassed" Against Them.
(Intentionally or unintentionally).
(NT- Sin is Against God, and ONLY God Forgives Sin)

Glory to God,
Taken