Intentions of the heart

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
I wanted to explain something in my Christian walk. I have been judged by others for playing video games and watching TV. Now I say I was judged because they gave me the the impression that a tv show or video game alone could drag me into hell, no matter my intentions

Let me explain and tell you further. When I play Grand Theft Auto (Scary words but PLEASE read this before judging me)BTW You can buy cars in Gta V and that's good.... Here are my intentions

I play and interactive Story per say (I am 100% spiritually aware of everything around me). When I play a game, I don't take my spiritual needs away from me, they are still there, and I cut back a lot with Games, because they became an idol and addiction in my life.

Now, before my eyes is murder, strip clubs, car thefts, and robberies.... Just as it is on this earth, I see strip clubs in real life, death, murder, Very bad things.......Especially on the internet.

Now I see these things, but I do not have to engage. Nobody forces me to do any evil. Grand Theft auto is a story..There is a lot more to do than to "get oral sex and deal drugs" Ive never sold drugs in a gta game. lol But anyways It is important to discern and be aware of everything around us.

For Example: When a character in the game says a curse word or inapropriate joke, we are not to laugh at it or agree with it. If you see a strip club, don't enter it. Im just rambling at this point....Just remember to be very careful with what you watch and play because God Judges us by our hearts.

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
Don't let people judge you for playing video games. In other words, don't listen to them. I've played GTA before. It's a sick game, but as long as you don't let it draw you into its sickness, it's just a game. I like video games, especially ones like Zelda and C&C.

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
ChristRoseFromTheDead said:
Don't let people judge you for playing video games. In other words, don't listen to them. I've played GTA before. It's a sick game, but as long as you don't let it draw you into its sickness, it's just a game. I like video games, especially ones like Zelda and C&C.
Thanks for the reply and I agree. Gta has very sick things within the game..Ive been playing the games since I was about 5 and I used to be like the characters in the game before I was born again. (I Used to say the catchprases and curse words they said) So its definitely something to be careful for. I still play every now and then to drive a fast car or parachute jumping.

Don't let nothing master you. Keep climbing! :D

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
Inmate said:
No I don't think so. I was never one for fighting arcade games
I wanted to share a Youtube video about it, but since you haven't played it, it wouldn't make much sense.

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
Games are okay. Some games are okay. A few games are okay. Maybe this one, or that one is okay. I’ve seen the one you play. The bad games we think won’t turn us bad, they seem okay…they do have a fish hook hidden in them. You see, when life gets turned around, and weakens us, things of those game are still in our head…and things in our head go into our heart. My grandfather used to say, “Dogs are fun. They are mans best friend…but if you run with dogs, you get flea’s.
If Jesus said, “Give away the things you love the most, and follow me.” He asked that of a rich man. He told him to give away all his money. What would you give away? The rich man, he never gave away his money...I guess nobody told him, in Gods new system, some things will have no value, no hold our interest.

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
domenic said:
Games are okay. Some games are okay. A few games are okay. Maybe this one, or that one is okay. I’ve seen the one you play. The bad games we think won’t turn us bad, they seem okay…they do have a fish hook hidden in them. You see, when life gets turned around, and weakens us, things of those game are still in our head…and things in our head go into our heart. My grandfather used to say, “Dogs are fun. They are mans best friend…but if you run with dogs, you get flea’s.
If Jesus said, “Give away the things you love the most, and follow me.” He asked that of a rich man. He told him to give away all his money. What would you give away? The rich man, he never gave away his money...I guess nobody told him, in Gods new system, some things will have no value, no hold our interest.
Very true. Luckily for me I play video games at night before I go to sleep. Yes I also pray and read the bible..We need to pray and read More than we play. Ive already given up a whole lot for my walk, Video games are just there for boredom

iamblessed

May 4, 2013
USA
If you're concerned, just play a different game with less conflicting themes. I imagine there are many sports or adventure type games that don't involve cursing, violence or drugs.

Reading your post reminded me of.. "Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth." - 1 John 3:18