Judge not? 2 kinds of Sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually my thinking is more on the lines of either flesh or spirit. All that is not of faith is sin, so I divide all activity into 2 camps, that which is of faith, and that which is not.

Sin comes from the flesh, not sin comes from the Spirit.

fewer stripes and many stripes. And the poor widow put in the most of all, being by percentage. I believe we will be rewarded various depending on what we did, and how hard we tried. But hopefully you will see what I'm thinking.

Much love!
Yes, I think what you're saying is that the big matter is keeping ourselves allied to Christ? If we walk in the flesh, anything we do will be sin. Even our good works will be worth very little, if anything at all.

But if we walk in Christ, we will be walking in the Spirit, and what we do will have eternal value.

Trying to measure what is greater or smaller is a vain exercise when we recognize that great or small work, what really matters is that all our works be done in the Spirit. Jesus saw giving someone a glass of water is on the same value stream as getting people saved. Who can say one thing is better than another if whatever we do is done in the Spirit?

Am I on track? But I might personally question whether getting someone water is equal to getting someone saved? ;) What matters, according to you, is that whatever we do, great or small, it be done in the Spirit, right?

• Love
Reactions: marks and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I think what you're saying is that the big matter is keeping ourselves allied to Christ? If we walk in the flesh, anything we do will be sin. Even our good works will be worth very little, if anything at all.

But if we walk in Christ, we will be walking in the Spirit, and what we do will have eternal value.

Trying to measure what is greater or smaller is a vain exercise when we recognize that great or small work, what really matters is that all our works be done in the Spirit. Jesus saw giving someone a glass of water is on the same value stream as getting people saved. Who can say one thing is better than another if whatever we do is done in the Spirit?

Am I on track? But I might personally question whether getting someone water is equal to getting someone saved? ;) What matters, according to you, is that whatever we do, great or small, it be done in the Spirit, right?
Yes, exactly!

And let's say, I want to evangelize, and God wants me to bring someone a glass of water, my spiritual service will not be evangelizing, I'll be serving myself, but bringing the water, I'll be serving God.

Much love!

Reactions: Randy Kluth

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
18Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a man can commit is outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. 19Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have received from God?
1Cor. 18,19

I too thought that sin is sin until I read the above verse, since I have changed my mind. Even though there's only one unforgivable, sin-blasphemy against The Holy Spirit, or simple rejection of the Gospel and Jesus.
JMO :)

That was the first passage I thought of when I saw this topic. To me it's more about the consequence of sin, as sexual sin causes biological changes in the brain that work against us, like other sins also, but worse. Stronger chemistry and such.

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy