Internet Artificial Intelligence

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me make this clear....
Brain-to-computer and brain-to-brain interfacing has already been accomplished years and years ago.

Reactions: Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Facebook is one of the worst, actually, brother. They are teamed up with Google and Microsoft to bring about some very evil plans.
What I like about Facebook is that God doesn't tell me not to post there. And I don't have witches trying their sex majic on me. Yeah, I know they're all in cahoots. Bleah.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Prayer Warrior This is where they're taking society, and beyond. Now, they are saying that brain-to-computer technology is fairly new, but this has been done for a long time. (Notice they mention Instagram.)

And notice the promises he is making..."We will be gods..." ...sounds familiar? This is the original lie and the same lie satan has used and will continue to use to being about the beast system. Notice the deception and manipulation in his words to pull people in to thinking this is a great thing.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Prayer Warrior This is where they're taking society, and beyond. Now, they are saying that brain-to-computer technology is fairly new, but this has been done for a long time. (Notice they mention Instagram.)

Here are some of the ideas the speaker talked about concerning the new brain-computer interface.

Wireless brain chips... (Who knows, maybe implanted in the forehead?)

Knowledge wirelessly transferred from one brain to another, exchanging knowledge and memories of an experience. Mind-to-mind communication is a reality. "We won't know our own memory from a memory that we acquire from someone else."

"Download a whole environment and actually live in it."

"The difference between dreaming and reality will be blurred."

"Hundreds of sensory inputs" not just the 5 senses

"Experiencing other lives" --access other people in other places and live through them.

"It will be like heaven." All religions promise escape from our bodies.... Like God, "we'll be creating our own reality."

"If somebody hacks into your head, because it's connected to the internet, they can steal you.... They can implant memories in your head you don't have.... They could erase memories. They could control you in ways that you wouldn't even know you're being controlled."
At least he recognizes that this is scary stuff!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Prayer Warrior Kinda reminds me of this verse...

“These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.” — Revelation 17:13 (KJV)

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Google has you pegged as a conservative Christian...

That's why when you type in "Climate Change is" and we all will give our auto complete suggestions it just shows how Artificial Intelligence works. It's accurate in predicting what you want...or completely baffled by you (as in my case)

It is an interesting proposition. The issue is with our searches have we created enough of a history.
It is probably using a list of key words to associate each individual with that group and then putting up most likely searches.
If as a user you do not fit a group it will link to the nearest most used list with the search string.

A lot of stuff I search for on google is site specific, or product specific, so google has little to group me with.
AI is often miss-understood, when this is actually just set theory, how to group users into groups, which is purely mechanical and equations driven.
Facebook definitely uses tastes and likes etc to group and profile people. It is claimed ones tastes, politics and opinions can be deduced from the music, discussion topics, news feeds, activities one follows. Not that difficult if you think about it, except I do not use facebook much and certainly do not fit into any easily identified groupings. God bless you

Reactions: JohnDB

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Here are some of the ideas the speaker talked about concerning the new brain-computer interface.

Wireless brain chips... (Who knows, maybe implanted in the forehead?)

Knowledge wirelessly transferred from one brain to another, exchanging knowledge and memories of an experience. Mind-to-mind communication is a reality. "We won't know our own memory from a memory that we acquire from someone else."

"Download a whole environment and actually live in it."

"The difference between dreaming and reality will be blurred."

"Hundreds of sensory inputs" not just the 5 senses

"Experiencing other lives" --access other people in other places and live through them.

"It will be like heaven." All religions promise escape from our bodies.... Like God, "we'll be creating our own reality."

"If somebody hacks into your head, because it's connected to the internet, they can steal you.... They can implant memories in your head you don't have.... They could erase memories. They could control you in ways that you wouldn't even know you're being controlled."
At least he recognizes that this is scary stuff!

As far as I understand what they have so far achieved is being able to train someone to think a particular way, which sensors can pick up the activity pattern and then use this as a switch to operate something. This is not reading your mind, or implanting memories etc. To leap from we can measure an electrical signal in a nerve to we can create whole experiences is absurd. It is like saying because one can plug into a usb socket in a computer we have connection from one device to another. We all know the instructions say it is this simple, but it simply does not work, until suddenly it does ......... We are far from scary, we are at a slug pace more like.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is an interesting proposition. The issue is with our searches have we created enough of a history.
It is probably using a list of key words to associate each individual with that group and then putting up most likely searches.
If as a user you do not fit a group it will link to the nearest most used list with the search string.

A lot of stuff I search for on google is site specific, or product specific, so google has little to group me with.
AI is often miss-understood, when this is actually just set theory, how to group users into groups, which is purely mechanical and equations driven.
Facebook definitely uses tastes and likes etc to group and profile people. It is claimed ones tastes, politics and opinions can be deduced from the music, discussion topics, news feeds, activities one follows. Not that difficult if you think about it, except I do not use facebook much and certainly do not fit into any easily identified groupings. God bless you
Right...
You are on the right track...
But now think about when you have algorithms that track "users" and search for groups that search for similar things in similar ways.

And I was thinking (while doing the laundry) that my wife and I haven't bought clothes in a while. We got a lot of rags we have been wearing around the house... some are kinda tight.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As far as I understand what they have so far achieved is being able to train someone to think a particular way, which sensors can pick up the activity pattern and then use this as a switch to operate something. This is not reading your mind, or implanting memories etc. To leap from we can measure an electrical signal in a nerve to we can create whole experiences is absurd. It is like saying because one can plug into a usb socket in a computer we have connection from one device to another. We all know the instructions say it is this simple, but it simply does not work, until suddenly it does ......... We are far from scary, we are at a slug pace more like.

From what the speaker in the video (Steve Hoffman) said, they've achieved the following with rats: knowledge wirelessly transferred from one brain to another. Perhaps he was overstating what they will be able to do with humans in a matter of years, but I think they are farther down this road than most of us can imagine.

Last edited:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't know how wrong you are ....they have had this technology that they are presenting in those videos for decades now.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You don't know how wrong you are ....they have had this technology that they are presenting in those videos for decades now.

You don't know how much hype is said to get funding, but how little is actually created.
Self driving cars where going to be here for years now. The problem is identifying objects and behaviour is a serious problem of perception and intelligence not just viewing. AI who follow scripts of sentences is not intelligence. A decision tree is just a decision tree, dictatorial and non-thinking. Real intelligence will show itself when a missile can identify a target, stay locked on and decide to do something as it closes on the target. If intelligence had got really sophisticated this is where it would reside.

When anyone claims serious advancement in some areas, like hydrogen fuel cells, if it hits the streets they where right, if not, some life scale issue has not been solved that stopped it. The best neural network applications have been applied to studying photographs to find cancer cells. Now this is very repetitive work, but great for neural networks. We are still at baby steps....

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just so people can see what I'm saying about Artificial Intelligence and the internet...

Go to Google...

Type in "Climate change is"

And then tell us the very top auto-completes it offers you.
This is the first suggestion that came up for me: climate change is evidenced by which of the following quizlet

This is the first suggestion that came up on Google Scholar: climate change is natural

Reactions: JohnDB

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, you lost me on "musical"

:p
Actually I like musicals...

Hamilton is a musical play...and it's a wonderful piece.

Hamilton, who dies, is a hero... someone to idolize. And even if you don't like Thomas Jefferson personally you still respect his ideas. But it's filled with true talent and acting.

Little Shop Of Horrors is another wonderful musical play... they are fun entertainment that isn't so worn out as a regular play or movie.