Intimacy with the LORD.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have responsibility to those God has placed over us and/or us under them... as we are allowed to recognize them and as He has convicted us to do so.

Following the lead of the Spirit will lead us rightly. Quenching the Spirit is where believers will err. This is why I seek to return always to the lowest room to allow God to make any necessary adjustments because I know that I have erred in the past. Am I in error now being presently unaware of the details and therefore needing His help? God knows!

Jesus said to say, yea or nay, but to whom are we to say it with regard to what? God knows! Are we following His Spirit always? Are we too often quenching His Spirit and following the wrong head?

If I am a slave, or am to be a slave, is it not to Him, I must be enslaved?

Help us dear Lord!

Yes we certainly do my friend. Jesus once said to Peter, 3x in fact to shepherd his sheep, that not only applies to the elders in the congregation, but we are to do good to everyone, but especially to those related to us in the faith Gal 6:10

I got quite irritated with our last visit of our circuit overseer who warned us to limit our association with the weaker ones in the congregation, so much so that I deleted his talks from my recordings. We are plagued with cliques and instead of directing the problem, he actually promoted it. You are absolutely correct Amad, the strong are to support the weak.

Reactions: amadeus

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that was all I meant concerning Paul/Saul. The transformation. “Giving us a new heart and spirit” you asked earlier why, or where I thought the word says Saul/Paul needed a new heart and spirit. I don’t think “giving us a new heart and spirit” excluded Saul/Paul, that’s all. If Saul/Paul was chosen for some former good then; so are All in need of a new heart and spirit chosen based of their former goods?

Yes maam, all of us are a work in progress for sure. I am 68 yrs old, and I have seen many come into the faith, how beautiful it is to see the changes in individuals. None of us are perfect, like Paul we each have our thorn in the flesh we have to contend with, but God enables us to endure whatever trial plagues us. One plague that we have among us is racism, the truth is there is no such thing as race and we are all related if the Bible is correct, so color consciousness has no place in the Christian congregation.

Reactions: amadeus