Introduction

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Violett

Apr 25, 2009
Creating a hi post from a new member,I'm interested in getting to understand Christianity better since my recent discovery that I actually thought very wrong things about it all my life
smile.gif
I don't know why, but I completely misinterpreted the "goal" of this religion and was blissfully unaware.Not sure that I'll post a lot here, but I registered just in case.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Creating a hi post from a new member,I'm interested in getting to understand Christianity better since my recent discovery that I actually thought very wrong things about it all my life
smile.gif
/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I don't know why, but I completely misinterpreted the "goal" of this religion and was blissfully unaware.Not sure that I'll post a lot here, but I registered just in case.
Hi there Violet, nice to "meet" you. I am very interested in what made you realize that you'd had some wrong thoughtsabout Christianity. Are you willing to share ? I hope that you do post here, I would love to read it.In His Love Pia

Violett

Apr 25, 2009
Hi there Violet, nice to "meet" you. I am very interested in what made you realize that you'd had some wrong thoughtsabout Christianity. Are you willing to share ? I hope that you do post here, I would love to read it.In His Love Pia
Hi Pia, nice to meet you, too! I never knew that there was supposed to be any kind of retribution from God himself, be it hell or death. I thought that it was rather passive, like if you were good you go to heaven, if bad then to hell. I had no idea why it was important and why it happened that way. Maybe it sounds funny, but I know that many others think in the same way. Then I learnt that there's a grander plan according to which this world came around to be, and that it's all about testing allegiance to God, and then other things started to make sense, too. Before that my ideas were very vague, and God seemed very unfair and I hated him. I thought that if he loved everybody, he should make everybody happy. In the new light, however, it became clear why people suffer and why God tests people's faith by seemingly cruel methods.

gumby

May 29, 2009
Welcome, the people here are very nice and i think you will fit right in
biggrin.gif