Is America Becoming A Force For Evil In The World?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem we are faced with today is that those we've trusted in government have betrayed us.

I personally agree with those who openly state that they love this country but hate this government. The only ones who really seem to love the government are those with a vested interest in obtaining its financial benefits for their personal gain. It has been truly said that America is up for sale. Attend ANY political rally or meeting as I have done and sooner or later you'll hear this echo.

My purpose in writing the things I wrote was to educate Tom as well as the readership as to the real nature of the history of America. It is no shining light in the world today or in the past. If a light is sought, then the cross of Christ Jesus is that which will never disappoint. To worship America, to assume that all is right and proper and decent, to assume that it has always been that way and always will be so is to invite cultural, political and spiritual disaster. "My country right or wrong" does not appear in the pages of Holy Writ.

Some would say we have openly invited disaster by insulting and rejecting the only hope this nation (or any other) really has - Almighty God.

Pride goes before a fall, someone once said. If true then America has puffed itself up so much that it can no longer see where it's walking. At this point in our history stumbling is inevitable.

Will Christians be there to help when it happens or will we simply be part of the wreck? We need to expose and educate ourselves to political and religious reality for in that will we be able to once again present the gospel to a dying nation and a wayward people. We can't use fantastic ideas about politics to correct those who need the truth. We have not arrived at a utopian society in America, not by a long shot.

We need to have a firm appreciation of what is wrong before we can begin to work at fixing it right. No one will seek a doctor until they are convinced they are sick.

And this nation is sick.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft....

(1) Christian mythology does not in any sense refer to scripture as far as I'm concerned.
IMO, examples of Christian mythology might be appearances of the Virgin Mary, bleeding statues, the miracles of St. Francis, images of Christ in clouds, angelic visitations and eschatological literature. True or not they must be accepted or rejected at face value as far as Christians are concerned.

(2)In the 1980's, TV preachers collectively ruined the respect the secular world had for the traditional evangelistic message. False gospels were promoted for the purpose of financial gain and personal glorification. Mass media destroyed the gospel. The reorganization of protestant denominations from disciples of Christ into religious franchises became an accepted formula by legitimate leadership. The Word of God is an embarrassment to them and the name of Jesus Christ is anathema.
Amen to that brother, but does this mean that the holy relic of the face of Jesus on a tortilla can be safely discarded or otherwise consumed? :D

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
re: Tom post #79

RJP, If you think our nation is sick now then the state of our nation seems to have been a lot worse (sick) in the past. (Read my previous post to Mr. Pride) Historically speaking we had a fever not to many years ago and now we are getting better. I thank God that He has helped America see the errors of her ways and has helped us to become an exceptional country. We were very sick and have become better.

You, RJP, seem to take great pride in what you have to say. You say what you believe with conviction and I like that! But you have not named a country that is greater than America. It doesn't mean you think that country is a utopian society. It just means, based on a curve, it is greater than most other countries. What is your country of choice? I look forward to your answer.

Sick. Worse than sick. Criminal, in fact, and more so today than at any other time.

My benchmark for this statement is the constitution of the United States. This document was once considered to be the highest law of the land. Today it is not and that is the primary justification for my statement.

The constitution was ratified on the twenty first day of June in the year of Our Lord 1788. It's legality was removed by congressional fiat on October 26, 2001 a little more than a month after the terrorist raids of 911.(1) Since that time, we have been witness to a veritable feeding frenzy of its dead body by the vultures of all three branches of government. What we are witness to today in America is the stench of the rotting corpse of the republic.

Long before 10/26 the seeds of fascism were sown. Without engaging in a lengthy dissertation of the history of the slow death of the constitution(2) let me just remind the reader that the LAW, not fanatic patriotism (to the exclusion of Christian gospel in some instances) once ruled the land. The LAW is the benchmark I use to judge the actions of modern American leaders.

Consider one point among many - that NO WAR since 1941 has been legal. According to our own law, every single incident of foreign aggression has been illegal. The National Security Act of 1946 was the nail in the coffin of the republic that disabled the war making requirement of the constitution. A declaration of war is required by vote of congress in the constitution. The National Security Act allows a sitting president to drag the nation into war by edict alone. It also created the Central Intelligence Agency which has become a shadow government within our government.

One of the signs of the times that something is dreadfully wrong with America is the increasingly heated discussion about the use and abuse of constitutional law. Mostly it's a discussion about how the constitution is no longer being implemented and how its been debauched.

No thinking man can sit back and say with anything approaching credulity that all is right with America and that things are getting better. You cannot say that and measure our behavior against the benchmark of constitutional law. You will fail every time and you will fail because our leaders have betrayed us!

The law of man now justifies wickedness in the land. What of the law of God? Has that also been negated. No, I say. A thousand times no.

IF GOD DOES NOT JUDGE AMERICA, HE WILL HAVE TO APOLOGIZE TO SODOM AND GOMORRAH.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...
(1)
In a strange parallel to history the events of 911 and 10/26 had the same effect as the Reichstag fire and Enabling act of 1930's Germany. Both served to justify the dismembering of their respective constitutional republics and both served to justify the rise of fascism.

(2)
I have prepared a file of events which can be made available to anyone upon request.

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
iticus said:
At the risk of offending those on this sight, let's compare Obama to Hitler.

I've read a book called "Hitler's Beneficiaries" by German historian Gotz Aly. In the book Gotz points out that Hitler used Big government and the entitlement society as a means to wage war. Hitler noted that during World War 1, the populace had an uprising because of the wartime conditions of economic hardship. To thwart a repeating of history, he made sure that the average German lived well, so much so, that the average German lived better than those in Allied nations during the war. In fact, Germany had the first mandated health insurance requirement in the world. Sound familiar?

Gotz does not come out and say it, but the implication is there none the less. The war weary German people looked the other way when it came to world conquest and genocide, all because of the money. Hitler stole from Jews and conquered territories and heavily taxed the top 4% of the German wealthy. Sound familiar? In fact, taxing the top 4% was not so much to bring in revenue as it was to please the populace who enjoyed the notion that they had to pay more in taxes. It was done more to gain the support of the populace.

It turns out that Jews were noting more than a revenue source for Hitler. What Hitler would do when he conquered territories such as France, was to create banks and start printing money the German soldiers were given so they could go buy merchandise from the conquered people. Naturally this led to inflation and near collapse. Hitler would then tell the puppet governments to round up the Jews and take their gold and valuable to help ward off economic collapse, and then would then transport the Jews to concentration camps. It worked.

Hitler also drove up the national debt, so much so, that in 1935 he forbade the German government from passing budgets so as not to arouse the concern of the populace. Sound familiar? It has even been suggested that Germany was on such dangerous footing economically, that they had to attack in 1939 or face economic implosion.

But the comparisons don't even end there. The Nazi regime was concerned about the environment and animal rights. They created the first national parks in Europe and put both animals and plants on endangered lists. They even passed the most stringent laws on using animals for experimentation and sent those who did to concentration camps. The thought of creating a dam for hydroelectric power was too repulsive to consider for Hitler who viewed such as an attack on nature.

Did I mention that they were the first nation to implement gun control? That's right, they rounded up the guns and took them from the populace.

Of course, the piece of the pie that is missing is genocide, right? Well not if you count abortions ranging to around 50 million and counting in the US. Again, it is all in the name of the almighty dollar. Evidence shows that most women have abortions due to financial concerns, just in the same way the Jews were targeted for their financial assets.

You may then say that Hitler was determined to take over the world militarily and Obama is not. Well the US has troops in over 70 countries around the world, not even Hitler could boast that. And we know that Obama invaded Libya and wanted to go into Syria before the war weary populace rose up to stop him. I just wonder when they will take Syria out. My guess is that the project is on hold.
I Timothy 6:10

ALL

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While browsing video titles on Amazon prime for my kindle, I came across a "movie" which is actually more of a long interview with an author and investigator, the title of which is "Collapse."
The interview is with a former LAPD detective by the name of Michael Ruppert who is by no means a Christian, but by comments made during the interview would appear to be a deist.
If you can ignore the sometimes offensive language, the video is worth watching in order to understand just how the world is being lead up to the crisis from which will emerge the man of sin. Mr. Ruppert focuses largely on our nation's part in preparing the world for an economic and societal collapse, but rightly points to the part unbridled greed is playing in the scripting of the last times. Mr. Ruppert, not having any understanding of God's sovereign hand in world events, is another example of how ordinary men in the world, when confronted with the facts, are able to see the coming destruction, yet strangely enough, many professing Christians seem to remain blind to it.

Its important to note that Mr. Ruppert observes that the plans of survivalists are impractical in the long term and that community is necessary to ensure the survival of our race. The body of Christ is meant to be a community that finds its sufficiency in Christ, but for the benefit of all. Shouldn't we have a plan that doesn't require taking "the mark of the beast" or should we continue to promote the folly that the Lord will take His body out of the way before these things come to pass?

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
Hi Michael V Pardo,

Michael V Pardo said:
The body of Christ is meant to be a community that finds its sufficiency in Christ, but for the benefit of all. Shouldn't we have a plan that doesn't require taking "the mark of the beast" or should we continue to promote the folly that the Lord will take His body out of the way before these things come to pass?
It would seem that the "great falling away" will occur as Scripture outlines, but those who are founded in the Word (having no FALSE Tribulation Rapture expectation) may be sufficiently steadfast AND PREPARED to endure the near future, -- per my best understanding, 42 months lasting from Spring 2015 to Fall, 2018.

With Best Regards,
DD

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
DaDad said:
Hi Michael V Pardo,

It would seem that the "great falling away" will occur as Scripture outlines, but those who are founded in the Word (having no FALSE Tribulation Rapture expectation) may be sufficiently steadfast AND PREPARED to endure the near future, -- per my best understanding, 42 months lasting from Spring 2015 to Fall, 2018.

With Best Regards,
DD
There's a great deal more to it than the ability to fire out scripture verses like machine gun bullets, at least as far as churches are concerned.

The falling away, the Great Apostacy, is upon us. It is not past. It is not future. It's here and now. Europe, once considered to be the bastion of Christendom, is now completely secularized. This status is confirmed by every mission group of legitimate means. America is close behind. Already the forms of illegal practice of the faith are firmly in place. The popular culture rejects and mocks God. American hubris is rising like bile in the throat of a man about to retch. Does God not see this?

It should be remembered that although God has promised forgiveness to persons, He has NOT made such promises to institutions. I refer to the religious franchises known as churches. The pattern of the fall is being repeated over and over again across the land. The only difference is in the tally of numbers and the statistics of church failures. The pattern goes like this;

For many years church leaders have fostered meaningless conceited efforts called 'ministries'. Mostly they are organized and paid for to enhance the liturgical empire of the organization - the franchise. Chief among these, and most expensive, is the TV 'ministry'. Meant to broadcast the personality of the leader rather than gospel truth, these 'ministries' have only served as gigantic holes in which money is poured with futility. To a lesser extent poorer congregations invest their dough in professional help; ministry staff, office staff (one computer can do it all and you know it), ministry staff, professional musicians, ministry staff, nursery staff, ministry staff, grounds maintenance crew, ministry staff, real estate and interior decorator staffs and of course the ever present ministry staff. All these to one extent or another exist in churches.

The problem is that money is getting tight. So are occupants of pews. Both are dwindling at an alarming rate. According to several independent surveys, current regular church attendance is less than half of 1948 levels. By the year 2050, all agree it will fall to 10%. If this isn't apostasy, I don't know what would serve as a better example.

So what do money hungry 'ministries' do? Cut the budget? God forbid. Evangelize the city? Heavens no. They begin regular and insipid campaigns to impress upon the membership their 'duty', their 'obligation' and their 'spiritual reward' of giving MORE to the church coffers so that the obscene outward flow of money can continue. Despite the fact that tithing is NOT mentioned in the New Testament at all and the fact that the 21st Century version isn't mentioned in the Old Testament either, church leaders continue to prostitute themselves to their congregations begging for more cash.

And people are refusing to cough up more........

One church elder told me that he believed it was an act of disobedience for church leadership to outspend money that God has provided.

Churches continue to do this until the red line becomes a hurricane, threatening to sweep away everything. In cases of famous note, such as Crystal Cathedral in California, the epiphany has come too late. Church doors are closing at an increasingly alarming rate.

It's real and it's here. The apostasy is reality and current events. The fact that Christendom is literally circling the drain of history needs to be acknowledged and dealt with, not denied or swept under the carpet. Nowhere does the Bible recommend sticking one's head into the sand.

DaDad is correct in stating that INDIVIDUALS must remain steadfast (rapture & tribulation nonsense notwithstanding). For such folk, scripture reminders is as necessary as food and water in a ship's life boat. You'd BETTER have it if you're going to survive the next few years.

Churches? Not so much.

There are some interesting solutions being tried, however. Things that haven't been seen in America for two hundred years are happening again. If the protestant church in America is to survive, mercy must be prayed for. American hubris is under divine judgment. Anyone, repeat anyone, who believes otherwise is kidding themselves.

"..I said in my prosperity, I will never be moved.
Oh Lord, by Thy favor Thou hast made my mountain to stand strong."
- Ps. 30:6 & 7a

This is almost an echo of American pride which states 'we are too big to fall'.

....and then what happened?

"Thou didst hide Thy face, I was dismayed."
- Ps. 30:7b

God is greater than America and He loves righteousness more than wickedness. God will sure judge us. Even our enemies know that which we hide from our own eyes.

The alienation of God in society began in the classroom. Today, blasphemies can easily be seen on TV and the cinema. Hollywood portrays the sane as the insane. The abnormal and perverted as normal. The unborn babies are seen as nothing. The silent holocaust continues. Is it any wonder America is in trouble?
- Pravda

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
AMERICA IS FLUSHING THEIR GOD DOWN THE TOILET............

WHERE ARE THE CHRISTIANS?.............LIKE I'VE SAID MANY MANY MANY TIMES...........

THERE ARE NOT THAT MANY.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Michael V Pardo said:
Amen to that brother, but does this mean that the holy relic of the face of Jesus on a tortilla can be safely discarded or otherwise consumed? :D
As I wrote, such things ought to be accepted or rejected by Christians for Christian reasons. As an aside I must state that the world considers such things to be rubbish. Personally, however, I have encountered far too many spiritual manifestations in my life to write off any such inspiration for another. If it encourages the church and does not lead to overt error in basic theology, then I see no problem.

There are certain core values upon which all Christians should agree; the virgin birth of Jesus, the vicarious death of Christ, His resurrection from the death, the Second Birth and the second coming of Christ Jesus to the world. The rest are peripheral issues; the manner of worship, the meaning and application of the sacraments, the day of the week for worship meetings....the list goes on.

I draw the line at political worship, however.

"Christ does not vindicate a race or a nation. It is the sovereignty of God which is vindicated."
- Reinhold Niebuhr

We are called to worship the King of Kings and to have no other gods before Him.

DaDad said:
Hi Michael V Pardo,

With Best Regards,
DD
The apostasy is here and now.

Never in Christian history has the influence of the church and the gospel receded so much. Europe, once the bedrock of Christendom, is now completely secularized. In America we are exposed to constant mockery of God, of Christ and of the church. In S.A., cultural pressures are causing many to return to ancient paganism(*). Islam is growing at an exponential rate that even surprises the Imams. Almost every small church I'm aware of is operating in the red!!!!! According to several respected surveys church attendance is down 40% - 50% since 1948 levels (perhaps more...my figures are several years old). By 2050 it's expected to be 10% (all projections agree on this number). If this isn't apostasy, then we need a new definition because it's pretty bad.

I'm not sure about the 42 month thing. Prophecy may not be so precise. It may be figurative, which is to say the predictions may be rock solid but the specific time or time span may be figurative. We'll just have to wait and see I suppose. Many books have been written with precise time line assignments and nearly every one has proven itself wrong. History has a way of making foolishness out of such predictions. Nevertheless I believe that the 42 month indication is solid as far as trends and seasons are concerned.

Spring 2015 - Fall 2018 ???

I'm not taking issue with this at all. Please send me a PM or post here with a detailed explanation. I have some speculation of my own to add here.

The redback (renminbi or yuan) is poised to replace the dollar as the global default currency. Agreements between Beijing and prominent European banks have progressed with great speed as well as bilateral agreements with Moscow. The director of the IMF has expressed concern that internal directives may require their operation to shift away from Washington to Beijing. Mr. Putin has suggested this change may happen as early as 2015. The implications of such as thing go far beyond inflation, which has been predicted for years (and which we are already deeply into - visit your grocery store for a wake up call).

2018 is another interesting number. Some argue that the Jubilee year is due then even though strict Jewish interpretation of their own calendar leaves their own scholars in doubt. Jubilee year falls every 50 years. Spend a little google time on this one, it's a very interesting subject. In 1968 there was a massive paradigm shift in global politics. Many leaders thought the entire planet was becoming unhinged. Google 1968 too. The results will give you nightmares. 1968 was a huge historic speed bump.
Fifty years on from 1968 is....guess what....2018.

The calendar problem
The problem with pegging predictions on calendars is that nobody really knows which one they're using. For example, today we use the Gregorian calendar. This is a calendar based upon solar orbits. One year = one orbit of the sun. For thousands of years, however, civilization was based upon the lunar calendar. One year = one orbit of the moon or one month. The muslim calendar is still a lunar calendar.

But the Hebrew calendar was based upon BOTH solar and lunar orbits. Talk about ultimate confusion. Does anybody know what's going on and when its to be expected? The best advice I"ve ever read was the words of Jesus who advised one study the seasons and the trends. To my way of thinking this approach is much more predictive than calculations based upon nebulous calendar events.

(*) I've been there and witnessed it personally. I've interviewed missionaries who've left their assignments in frustration and I've researched the subject thoroughly. Oddly, Russian influence is growing at an alarming rate and nobody seems to even be aware of it, much less willing to address the situation.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I wrote, such things ought to be accepted or rejected by Christians for Christian reasons. As an aside I must state that the world considers such things to be rubbish. Personally, however, I have encountered far too many spiritual manifestations in my life to write off any such inspiration for another. If it encourages the church and does not lead to overt error in basic theology, then I see no problem.

There are certain core values upon which all Christians should agree; the virgin birth of Jesus, the vicarious death of Christ, His resurrection from the death, the Second Birth and the second coming of Christ Jesus to the world. The rest are peripheral issues; the manner of worship, the meaning and application of the sacraments, the day of the week for worship meetings....the list goes on.

"Christ does not vindicate a race or a nation. It is the sovereignty of God which is vindicated."
- Reinhold Niebuhr

We are called to worship the King of Kings and to have no other gods before Him.

Hello again RJP,
I was just trying to lighten up the dialog a little though the general line of the thread is quite serious and not really a laughing matter. There's a lot of silliness and plain foolishness associated with "Christianity" at large, but people really don't want to be confronted with the truth when the truth is unattractive. In a couple weeks there will be another "Christian" event at the Jersey shore, over at the beach in my township, called "bridgefest". The sponsors and the name of the event has changed over the years (with different radio stations involved), but its been an annual event for some time. While there is a good amount of sound preaching going on, and the ocean baptisms seem like a good idea to involve people in a simple act of obedience, much of the activity outside "under the sun" is just secular activity with the name of Jesus tagged on. The last time that we attended the event, probably 4 or 5 years ago already, there were representatives from the "emerging church" engaged in dancing events and other circus like activities which looked about as pagan as their origins in foreign lands, but lauded as "worship" offered up to our Lord. Jesus is the judge of such things, but I won't buy a "Try Jesus" tea shirt or engage in other "Jesus lite" activities. We may attend this year to hear the preaching of some good teachers from the Calvary Chapel movement, as well as some other guests, but the strangeness of some of the activities is symptomatic of the self centered Christianity of our day in the western world. The Lord is moving in His sovereign ways and through the manifestation of His Spirit to strengthen that which is weakening, but the course the world is set upon is only what the Word has told us it would be. The point of prophecy is not simply warning people to repentance, but revealing the consequence of disobedience in advance. I've got to take off for a Dr.'s appointment, but keep on preaching to anyone who will listen and keep your head low as things are bound to get worse.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014

- Reinhold Niebuhr

Never in Christian history has the influence of the church and the gospel receded so much. Europe, once the bedrock of Christendom, is now completely secularized. In America we are exposed to constant mockery of God, of Christ and of the church. In S.A., cultural pressures are causing many to return to ancient paganism(*). Islam is growing at an exponential rate that even surprises the Imams. Almost every small church I'm aware of is operating in the red!!!!! According to several respected surveys church attendance is down 40% - 50% since 1948 levels (perhaps more...my figures are several years old). By 2050 it's expected to be 10% (all projections agree on this number). If this isn't apostasy, then we need a new definition because it's pretty bad.

I'm not sure about the 42 month thing. Prophecy may not be so precise. It may be figurative, which is to say the predictions may be rock solid but the specific time or time span may be figurative. We'll just have to wait and see I suppose. Many books have been written with precise time line assignments and nearly every one has proven itself wrong. History has a way of making foolishness out of such predictions. Nevertheless I believe that the 42 month indication is solid as far as trends and seasons are concerned.

Spring 2015 - Fall 2018 ???

I'm not taking issue with this at all. Please send me a PM or post here with a detailed explanation. I have some speculation of my own to add here.

The redback (renminbi or yuan) is poised to replace the dollar as the global default currency. Agreements between Beijing and prominent European banks have progressed with great speed as well as bilateral agreements with Moscow. The director of the IMF has expressed concern that internal directives may require their operation to shift away from Washington to Beijing. Mr. Putin has suggested this change may happen as early as 2015. The implications of such as thing go far beyond inflation, which has been predicted for years (and which we are already deeply into - visit your grocery store for a wake up call).

2018 is another interesting number. Some argue that the Jubilee year is due then even though strict Jewish interpretation of their own calendar leaves their own scholars in doubt. Jubilee year falls every 50 years. Spend a little google time on this one, it's a very interesting subject. In 1968 there was a massive paradigm shift in global politics. Many leaders thought the entire planet was becoming unhinged. Google 1968 too. The results will give you nightmares. 1968 was a huge historic speed bump.
Fifty years on from 1968 is....guess what....2018.

The calendar problem
The problem with pegging predictions on calendars is that nobody really knows which one they're using. For example, today we use the Gregorian calendar. This is a calendar based upon solar orbits. One year = one orbit of the sun. For thousands of years, however, civilization was based upon the lunar calendar. One year = one orbit of the moon or one month. The muslim calendar is still a lunar calendar.

But the Hebrew calendar was based upon BOTH solar and lunar orbits. Talk about ultimate confusion. Does anybody know what's going on and when its to be expected? The best advice I"ve ever read was the words of Jesus who advised one study the seasons and the trends. To my way of thinking this approach is much more predictive than calculations based upon nebulous calendar events.

(*) I've been there and witnessed it personally. I've interviewed missionaries who've left their assignments in frustration and I've researched the subject thoroughly. Oddly, Russian influence is growing at an alarming rate and nobody seems to even be aware of it, much less willing to address the situation.
Good one Michael!
Floyd.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
The obvious solution is for America to seal off it's borders, as it is so paranoid..then leave all the other countries on the planet to run their own governments..quit meddling in their affairs. Then America clean up the cesspool in your own country, the homosexuality filth, the killing of preborn babies (1,500,000 a year) terrible, terrible) genocide..this practice is so evil it defies words..and the moral decay corruption, pornography etc....never mind what IS or whatever is doing..clean up your own yard first..and get right with God again..

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
tom55 said:
Michael V Pardo

So what is YOUR answer? Name those "few countries". I am curious! :unsure:

RJP said:

"I will not attempt to answer your question as to which nation on earth is the best because top-dog in that regard is mostly subjective. I can quote statistics which prove America is sinking to third world status in nearly every category except military supremacy(1), financial influence(2) and global arrogance(3), but such comparisons will only muddy the water.

The reality of life in the USA in the twenty first century is that every man and woman, boy and girl is coming face to face with one unavoidable fact. Choose God and the right living He directs or choose hedonistic hypocritical pleasure demanded by the culture we live in.

America has denied God, hates God and has told God in no uncertain terms to hit the road. I know it. You know it. Even scoffers know it. Tell me then what reality America may thus expect from the hand of God? Will God bless America? I think not. God is not an American."

I say to you RJP:

You will not attempt it because you can't name a country better than America. There may be some countries that are better than us in certain aspects but in general, overall, we are a great country.

When VALE OF TEARS wrote this I felt like standing up and applauding (even though I was in the room all by myself): "We stopped the fascists, the Nazis, the Imperial Japanese, and brought down the Evil Empire of the Soviet Union. We did this because we are an exceptional country with a unique regard toward human liberty. We have been a force for righteousness in this world and I won't allow this country to be slandered otherwise."

The only thing I would add to his great statement is that America, unlike other countries that have conquered other nations, has helped those countries rebuild after we have defeated them. BECAUSE WE ARE AN EXPECTIONAL COUNTRY!

When a natural disaster strikes other countries AMERICA is there with all kinds of aid to help. Usually with more than any other country provides materially OR financially. It comes from our government and people digging deep into their pockets. BECAUSE WE ARE AN EXCEPTIONAL PEOPLE!

AMERICA is the top destination for permanent immigrants in the world. Even foreigners recognize something you don't; our greatness. BECAUSE WE ARE A GREAT COUNTRY!

AMERICANS by far go out on more missionary trips then any other people in any other country. BECAUSE WE ARE A GREAT PEOPLE!

When a natural disaster strikes local communities donations pour in from all the other States. When a money jar is set out at your local gas station to help a sick child or a needy family in the community that jar is quickly filled with cash. BECAUSE WE ARE A GREAT PEOPLE!

Our government spends billions of dollars on foreign aid for things like HIV/AIDS, maternal/child health, malaria, TB and food assistance. BECAUSE WE ARE A GREAT COUNTRY!

During slavery in this country (it still goes on in other countries) there were a lot of people against it. Laws were passed to curtail it or get rid of it and we basically fought a war to help end it. Why? Because at our core we knew it was wrong and it took a long slow process to rid ourselves of it. Just like the Jim Crow laws. There are still other countries that do the things we used to do. But we have grown to be a better nation/people. BECAUSE WE ARE A GREAT COUNTRY!

If you want to look for the bad in me (or you or your neighbor or spouse) and dig up all the bad we did in our past then you could make anyone sound like a monster. That is what you are doing now and I am embarrassed for you. You say America has denied God and hates God. America is internationally and undeniably recognized as the most religious nation in the world. You have nothing to back it up. I almost feel you are a troll on this website and your purpose here is to spew lies and hatred. But I could be wrong.

You and others on this post like Michael Pardo keep making generalizations about this great country. Just because our government has done some bad things in the past (like EVERY government in this world has done) doesn't mean we are a bad nation; it means we have made mistakes. Our good far out weighs our bad. Those mistakes were made by MEN in charge of this country. It doesn't mean we are a bad country. We are sometimes governed by bad MEN! That is why neither of you can name a country greater than America. Because there is none. WE ARE A GREAT COUNTRY!

The question shouldn't be Is America becoming a force for evil in this world. It should be: Is ________ (fill in the blank) becoming a force for evil in this world? I could fill in that blank with 180+ other countries. How many countries could you name?
Do you really want a list of unExceptional issues? I don't think so. Such lists are common.....do your homework. Suspecting, however, that you are unwilling to admit to the truth in this regard, I submit a few examples...(which I'm sure you won't accept)

- US ranks last among top nations in healthcare.
- US ranks below top twelve in economic freedom.
- US ranks in the bottom 50% of nations in educational standards
- US ranks in the bottom 20% of women's participation in politics
- US ranks in the bottom 5% of global religious diversity
- US ranks in the top 20% of nations in corruption
- US ranks FIRST in violent death in the world
- US has the HIGHEST prison population in the world
- US ranks highest in military expenditures (larger Navy than the next 17 nations combined)
- US ranks in the top 35 countries in terms of private debt
- US tax system ranks 94 out of 100, just below Zimbabwe
- US ranks below top 55 countries for children's rights
- US rates of police brutality have risen more than 25% since 911
- US ranks in the top 24 nations for number of abortions
- US ranks 25 in belief of separation of church & state (tied with Russia)
- US ranks below top 20 nations in democracy
- US ranks in the top 6 nations for drug abuse and related crime

Shall I go on? I can do this all day, sir.

SOMETHING IS VERY WRONG WITH AMERICA !!!

MY POINT is that the US has lost the degree and level of respectability it once enjoyed among nations in terms of real failure and abuse. The US has lost its preeminent status in terms of economic and educational production. The US now leads only with regard to its military size and ILLEGAL military operations.

Statistic after statistic reveal that American citizens believe the US is headed in the wrong direction. The main issue I'm trying to address here is illumination with facts that this is true. A sick man will not consult a doctor unless he is convince he is sick. Continuing to believe the lie that America is somehow exceptional and that it is God's gift to the world will not improve our condition or secure a positive future for our children and their heirs.

Neither will it serve the purposes of God, except in matters of judgment.

PS
Former President Jimmy Carter was recently quoted by Der Spiegel, the NY Times, and other foreign press as saying, "the United States is no longer an effective democracy."

America is now a fascist police state. If we are to work toward a better way of life we MUST recognize that America is not the country it once was.

Zog Has-fallen

Jun 26, 2014
This Vale Of Tears said:
No I'm not an America basher and I certainly love my country and have for all my life been considered very patriotic. But over the last 20 years these events have occurred:

1. We dropped bombs in a conflict in Bosnia that we didn't fully understand causing even our allies to label us a "hyper-power"

2. We used subsides to turn corn into a cash crop resulting in an inflation of food prices all over the globe that affected the poorest nations the most; all in the name of fighting the global warming myth

3. We invaded a sovereign nation based on flimsy and specious evidence; a nation that had not attacked us and didn't pose an imminent threat to our security.

4. We deliberately gave guns to Mexican drug cartels via American gun shops in hopes that the ensuing bloodshed would effervesce into an outcry for more gun control.

5. We use drones to illegally enter countries with whom we are not at war to surgically strike targets on our "hit list".

6. We propped up African warlords guilty of genocide

7. And now we're getting ready to enter yet another war that we don't quite understand, being tricked (as we were in Bosnia) by the use of chemical weapons that can't be credibly linked to Basher Al-Assad and may have very well been used by the rebel forces on themselves to solicit our involvement.

And I'm sure this is a list that can be added to. I think we've gone a long ways from the time when we were seen as liberators, as champions of the free world that stood up to world evil. It grieves me to see my country becoming the oppressor and in my opinion that's what is fast happening.

barack-drone-bomber-obama.jpg
Sadly, the situation is far worse than you have described.

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
Is becoming?

The states have been one since 1789.

From what was done to aboriginal Americans to now, they've never been anything but a fallen nation.

Like all the others.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you really want a list of unExceptional issues? I don't think so. Such lists are common.....do your homework. Suspecting, however, that you are unwilling to admit to the truth in this regard, I submit a few examples...(which I'm sure you won't accept)

Former President Jimmy Carter was recently quoted by Der Spiegel, the NY Times, and other foreign press as saying, "the United States is no longer an effective democracy."

America is now a fascist police state. If we are to work toward a better way of life we MUST recognize that America is not the country it once was.
I don't know if its based in truth, but I recently heard that "constitutionalists" have made the list of potential internal terrorists. Apparently there's no room for reactionaries in the new world order.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
To put this all in perspective see the website "Veterans today"..the current and past news. They tell it like it is..who controls America and it's allies..
They also have an interesting article on the "Talmud" comparing with the Koran...interesting reading..and they do not pull any punches in their research and articles.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Andrey son of Lion said:
http://cs624331.vk.me/v624331527/f2b5/G855qHwqzoA.jpg
So the American authorities fight against terrorism.
It's true the American intelligence community has created virtually all the major terrorist organizations on the planet. The pattern follows the first one created - the Nicaraguan Contras.

For the most part we seem to have created a bunch of Frankenstein monsters. We wind them up and let them go and then turn around to kill them. That's what it looks like on the surface. The danger is that such groups get out of control from time to time. Well, actually, most of the time.

We should have left the rest of the world alone and just contented ourselves with meddling with the western hemisphere.

It's great business for the arms manufacturers, though. That's where King Solomon got all his money. Read the book.