Is anyone else feeling uncomfortable?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@FluffyYellowDuck

For the last 2 years since covid made it's global debut, I have felt that uneasiness. Not because of covid itself, but for two things that far outweigh the actual pandemic itself. First, was the grasping of power by governments at both state and national level. The level of lust for power by politicians and the depth of outright arrogant dictatorship of many world leaders all dancing to the same tune is quite remarkable and startling. The second thing that had come as not perhaps so much as a surprise, but certainly as an eye opening perspective on the direction mankind is taking, was the complete docility with which so many populations of the world were willing to accept this situation and in places such as here in Australia and New Zealand, totally supported the lockdowns with the popularity of the leaders becoming even more entrenched. It's like a nationwide Stockholm syndrome situation. But added to that is the present exponentially rising animosity between the 'vaxxers' and 'anti-vaxxers'. The level of vitriol and abuse between people is on another level never seen before. All because the majority are fearful. Fearful of a media driven campaign to create this very tension... This present conflict, which is no longer between left and right, or even between conservative and liberal. I see this taking a new direction.
For me the uneasiness I feel right now isn't fear, but a rapidly rising awareness of a spiritual warfare we cannot escape, and of how easy it will be for the governments of the world to create hatred and division toward any faction, and any groups with which they seek to divide and ostracize. Fear is such a powerful thing. It removes love, destroys the ability to think, and compels people to act on emotion without any reasoning and cognizance of the facts.
My uneasiness comes from the realization that society is being set up, and the nations will be so easily manipulated into hating us. They actually will fear for their own survival if they don't destroy us first. That is where I see this leading. And that fear, that overpowering sense of self preservation will even divide Christianity so much that the majority will attempt to destroy the minority who they believe are bringing the judgements of God upon the world. Because the minority, it will be thought, the ones who are refusing to obey the government mandates regarding worship, are the danger.
We are living in very solemn times. That's my uneasiness. Yet so few understand. Most reading this do not understand. Fear and self preservation has taken hold of society and it has deceived us all.
That uneasiness, could with a faith and confidence in God, is not demonic. Satan would have us be at ease and asleep. Good wants to wake us up out of our lethargy. The holy Spirit is creating this unease. This sense of impending trouble. Telling us to prepare. To draw closer to our Maker. Make Him our Rock. Consecrate ourselves to the gospel more than ever, because the time is short.
I agree.

The pandemic is being used as a tool to divide all people.

Remember when Jesus said "a kingdom divided amongst itself cannot stand?"

Same for us, which is why I said before, don't follow the left, don't follow the right, follow Christ.

Sgt. Pepper

Oct 31, 2021
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree.

The pandemic is being used as a tool to divide all people.

Remember when Jesus said "a kingdom divided amongst itself cannot stand?"

Same for us, which is why I said before, don't follow the left, don't follow the right, follow Christ.

Now that's some sage advice... "don't follow the left, don't follow the right, follow Christ."