Is anyone else feeling uncomfortable?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess it depends on what you mean by uncomfortable. Do you feel a sense of dread or something impending?

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess it depends on what you mean by uncomfortable. Do you feel a sense of dread or something impending?
No, not really dread. I was in the bathroom having a praying/crying fest earlier and coming out of it just felt kind of weird.

Like a combination of there's nothing to worry about and nothing is wrong, but something is happening, and I don't know how to feel. I just feel uncomfortable. I don't know how to describe it.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So just an internal unsettled feeling, but not sure why? (Trying to help you sort it and put words to it.)

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Btw, I actually do have a sense that something is impending ...but not to the point of panic. Just feeling on alert. I have talked to a couple other people who have mentioned the same sort of feeling.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Btw, I actually do have a sense that something is impending ...but not to the point of panic. Just feeling on alert. I have talked to a couple other people who have mentioned the same sort of feeling.
Okay so I'm not alone. Lol I'm having multiple feelings at once like there is something happening in one way, there is something going to happen in another way, and not to worry about anything.

On the alert, like you said, is a good way of putting it

Reactions: amadeus and TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you're sensing something around this specific date. This is a highly dark time of year with a high amount of ritual activity. Have you ever felt extra sensitive to spiritual activity around this time of year?

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you're sensing something around this specific date. This is a highly dark time of year with a high amount of ritual activity. Have you ever felt extra sensitive to spiritual activity around this time of year?
Actually, I considered that a little bit. I don't know if it's related. I don't do Halloween anything, BUT this is the only year I **ever** felt like there actually was something going on there.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, I considered that a little bit. I don't know if it's related. I don't do Halloween anything, BUT this is the only year I **ever** felt like there actually was something going on there.
I think that since you are sensitive to some sort of uneasiness around this time, it's important to take note and to ask the Lord to reveal to you what's happening and why.

Reactions: DuckieLady

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello Fluffy,

I will not try to explain it to you as you have already sensed what is happening. Go to Isaiah 6.

When you have encounters with God, you can feel weird, not being able to explain how you are feeling.

All I can advise you to do is to press deeper into God and wonder at what He is doing in and around you.

Shalom

This is a time to be joyful in the Lord

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Fluffy,

I will not try to explain it to you as you have already sensed what is happening. Go to Isaiah 6.

When you have encounters with God, you can feel weird, not being able to explain how you are feeling.

All I can advise you to do is to press deeper into God and wonder at what He is doing in and around you.

Shalom

This is a time to be joyful in the Lord

This may be it, too. I felt like I was all out of prayer and worship, but I wasn't done, so I just stayed down for a while and cried when it came.

When I got up to pray more, I felt like I was "hit" with something. I can't really explain it.

I want to say hit with the Holy Spirit, but I never had that experience before so I don't really know what it could be. I try to be careful. Maybe it was.

Reactions: Truman

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would agree with @Jay Ross in that God is bringing your attention to something important. It seems the Lord brought you to a place in prayer and then something kicked in. I believe He brought you to the brink of something He wants to minister to...whatever triggered the sense of uneasiness.

Reactions: DuckieLady

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This may be it, too. I felt like I was all out of prayer and worship, but I wasn't done, so I just stayed down for a while and cried when it came.

When I got up to pray more, I felt like I was "hit" with something. I can't really explain it.

I want to say hit with the Holy Spirit, but I never had that experience before so I don't really know what it could be. I try to be careful. Maybe it was.
Sounds to me like the Lord is bringing you into a new experience of Him. It's a wonderful time...enjoy it! It's beginning to rain! Lol

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fluffy, for some reason, I felt like I needed to say a prayer for you, that you be protected from demonic influences. I can't remember that I've ever felt that before. Ever. That in itself makes me feel uncomfortable.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would agree with @Jay Ross in that God is bringing your attention to something important. It seems the Lord brought you to a place in prayer and then something kicked in. I believe He brought you to the brink of something He wants to minister to...whatever triggered the sense of uneasiness.
I think this is the reason but I think it isn't so that I could pray, that isn't working, but that I would finally stop being silent about it and ask for prayer - for the reason Lambano said.

Fluffy, for some reason, I felt like I needed to say a prayer for you, that you be protected from demonic influences. I can't remember that I've ever felt that before. Ever. That in itself makes me feel uncomfortable.
Yes, this.

I am seriously struggling and I need this badly from people.

And my brother, too, who has turned to Satanic practices. I broke off contact with him but the last time we spoke it wasn't good.

It is really messing with my mind - a lot, and that's part of why I was in prayer.

Partly because criticism is way too hard on me and it is overwhelming and tears me apart.

Another part, because living situation issues.

And because I'm trying to escape and get away from this spiritual warfare stuff and it has come on strong in the last week. Even though I'm not doing anything weird myself - besides trying to get away from it through prayer, worship, Bible, etc. And it's starting to mess with my head.

The only thing I havent done is be honest with other people about it and ask.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, not really dread. I was in the bathroom having a praying/crying fest earlier and coming out of it just felt kind of weird.

Like a combination of there's nothing to worry about and nothing is wrong, but something is happening, and I don't know how to feel. I just feel uncomfortable. I don't know how to describe it.
You are feeling that while this morning I have been drawn in toward God today in a special way... Stay on His side all of the time sister then no matter the source and/or meaning of your discomfort, you can handle it because God can...!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think this is the reason but I think it isn't so that I could pray, that isn't working, but that I would finally stop being silent about it and ask for prayer - for the reason Lambano said.

Yes, this.

I am seriously struggling and I need this badly from people.

And my brother, too, who has turned to Satanic practices. I broke off contact with him but the last time we spoke it wasn't good.

It is really messing with my mind - a lot, and that's part of why I was in prayer.

Partly because criticism is way too hard on me and it is overwhelming and tears me apart.

Another part, because living situation issues.

And because I'm trying to escape and get away from this spiritual warfare stuff and it has come on strong in the last week. Even though I'm not doing anything weird myself - besides trying to get away from it through prayer, worship, Bible, etc. And it's starting to mess with my head.

The only thing I havent done is be honest with other people about it and ask.
I also thought the feelings might be the adversary. If you're battling Satan too much that might mean you're isolating too much and not being part of a physical congregation. Satan doesn't tempt so much when we're around other people, especially in a church environment. I don't know if you have a support group in a church, so I will just encourage you to be part of one if you are not.

Reactions: Brakelite