Is believing in the trinity necessary to be a christian?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
Arnie Manitoba said:
An egg is a trinity ... 1 shell ... 2 white ... 3 yolk
the shell is not the egg
the yolk is not the egg
the white is not the egg

All three are required to have an egg

You cannot deny the yolk and still have an egg
You cannot deny Christ and still have God

You cannot deny the shell and still have an egg
You cannot deny the Father and still have God

You cannot deny the white and still have an egg
You cannot deny the Holy Spirit and still have God
That's a nice analogy, Arnie. However, I think many trinitarians would say that GOD is three eggs that are one. What you have described is GOD as one person with three different states of being.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mind, Heart, Will.

God is so real that even His parts are full personages.

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
meshak said:
Nope, the Bible says God is one. No where in the bible says god is made of three persons.

Dont slanders me saying I am not Jesus' follower because I am. I am His active evangelist. I have overseas ministry without any organization's help.

Jesus is my Lord but He is not God, Jesus' Father is His God and my God, also.

Jesus says He cannot do anything on His own, what kind of almighty God is it?

You trinity believers are so strange that you claim Jesus is God yet dont honor Jesus' word or strive to be obedient to His teachings..
Well, I have the answer, but whether you are interested in listening is another thing. :p

When Jesus said, "He couldn't do anything of his own." He was speaking as a man - because Jesus was both man and God. But when he was speaking as God, he said things like this: If you ask anything in my name, I will do it. (John 14:14)

Tell me, does that last statement sound like a man speaking? Jesus wasn't talking as a man, he was talking as God there. Another example of Jesus speaking as God:

Joh 8:57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
Joh 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
Joh 8:59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Why did they take up stones to stone him? Because the Jews understood what Jesus was saying. He was saying, I'm the I AM THAT I AM! He was claiming to be God and that was blasphemy.

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
ZebraHug said:
Well, I have the answer, but whether you are interested in listening is another thing. :p

When Jesus said, "He couldn't do anything of his own." He was speaking as a man - because Jesus was both man and God. But when he was speaking as God, he said things like this: If you ask anything in my name, I will do it. (John 14:14)

Tell me, does that last statement sound like a man speaking? Jesus wasn't talking as a man, he was talking as God there. Another example of Jesus speaking as God:

Joh 8:57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
Joh 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
Joh 8:59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Why did they take up stones to stone him? Because the Jews understood what Jesus was saying. He was saying, I'm the I AM THAT I AM! He was claiming to be God and that was blasphemy.
You are right, I am not interested in militant churches' interpretation.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
JB_Reformed Baptist said:
Why is believing in the trinity crucial to one's salvation?
That's news to me. Trinitarians believe in God the Father Son and Holy Spirit.

I know them as Yahweh and Yeshua, Oh wait! What's the name of the Spirit again? Can anyone come up with a 3rd name? I know of none. And how comes there's only the Father Yahweh and Yashua there whenever there's a vision of the heavenly throne? Where's the Spirit these days? :lol: That Holy Spirit must be playing games again acting invisible. :D

John 1:1

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
Arnie Manitoba said:
Then what are you interested in please ?
Are you here trying to convert us to whatever it is you are ?
Conversion is for God's job, His followers have responsibility to spread Jesus' love messages to the world and thats what I do.

Trinity is not one of Jesus' love messages.

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
ZebraHug said:
Lol. At least you are upfront about it. :p You're also an apparent expert at judgement. :p
I am only telling the world what is going on in the so called "true Christians" witnessing using Jesus' name.

Jesus' servants have responsibility to tell the world what Jesus teaches and how it has been twisted and abused by trinity churches and it is not of Jesus. They are misrepresenting Jesus with their militant practice. If you call this unrightous juedging, so be it. You cannnot intimidate me with this kind of tactic.

Jesus is not militant Savior.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
meshak said:
Conversion is for God's job, His followers have responsibility to spread Jesus' love messages to the world and thats what I do.

Trinity is not one of Jesus' love messages.
I have heard no love messages from you meshak

You appear to be contradicting yourself on a regular basis

I Hope you get things sorted out

If Jehovah God decided to come to earth in human form ..... who would He look like .... ????

He would have to look like somebody ..... right .... ??

What if he looked exactly like Jesus Christ ...... would that be OK with you .... ??

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
ZebraHug said:
Well here goes a BIG problem . . . lol.

The Holy Ghost and the Father are one and the same. Just a different title. If for every different title we create another person, then there would be more than three in the godhead.

Strange? If Jesus is God, do you think he has a Father? Because if he does, I'll be praying to the Father, not Jesus!

Do you know that Paul under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit tells us that Jesus gave HIMSELF!

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
1Ti 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Tit 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
Tit 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

I really like the last one. Whose are the people he's redeeming to be? HIS! He's come to save us and draw us close to HIM.

JESUS IS the Father. JESUS is the Son. And JESUS is the Holy Ghost. The fullness of deity resides in Jesus.

You know what I think is really strange? That for thousands of years, God told man that he was ONE in the most explicit terms possible. And then come several decades after Jesus' death, and all of a sudden, some wisecracks decided that they needed to write out the creed for the Trinity to explain a God that didn't exist! Show me the proof for the Trinity! Why don't I see many Scriptures? Where is the basis for their co-equality? Where is the statement that assures us that it's ONLY three in the Godhead? I know what the basis for the Trinity is. Let me paste it below for your benefit:

The Athanasian Creed

Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith. Which faith except every one do keep whole and undefiled; without doubt he shall perish everlastingly. And the catholic faith is this: That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity; Neither confounding the Persons; nor dividing the Essence. For there is one Person of the Father; another of the Son; and another of the Holy Ghost. But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, is all one; the Glory equal, the Majesty coeternal. Such as the Father is; such is the Son; and such is the Holy Ghost. The Father uncreated; the Son uncreated; and the Holy Ghost uncreated. The Father unlimited; the Son unlimited; and the Holy Ghost unlimited. The Father eternal; the Son eternal; and the Holy Ghost eternal. And yet they are not three eternals; but one eternal. As also there are not three uncreated; nor three infinites, but one uncreated; and one infinite. So likewise the Father is Almighty; the Son Almighty; and the Holy Ghost Almighty. And yet they are not three Almighties; but one Almighty. So the Father is God; the Son is God; and the Holy Ghost is God. And yet they are not three Gods; but one God. So likewise the Father is Lord; the Son Lord; and the Holy Ghost Lord. And yet not three Lords; but one Lord. For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity; to acknowledge every Person by himself to be God and Lord; So are we forbidden by the catholic religion; to say, There are three Gods, or three Lords. The Father is made of none; neither created, nor begotten. The Son is of the Father alone; not made, nor created; but begotten. The Holy Ghost is of the Father and of the Son; neither made, nor created, nor begotten; but proceeding. So there is one Father, not three Fathers; one Son, not three Sons; one Holy Ghost, not three Holy Ghosts. And in this Trinity none is before, or after another; none is greater, or less than another. But the whole three Persons are coeternal, and coequal. So that in all things, as aforesaid; the Unity in Trinity, and the Trinity in Unity, is to be worshipped. He therefore that will be saved, let him thus think of the Trinity.
Furthermore it is necessary to everlasting salvation; that he also believe faithfully the Incarnation of our Lord Jesus Christ. For the right Faith is, that we believe and confess; that our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is God and Man; God, of the Essence of the Father; begotten before the worlds; and Man, of the Essence of his Mother, born in the world. Perfect God; and perfect Man, of a reasonable soul and human flesh subsisting. Equal to the Father, as touching his Godhead; and inferior to the Father as touching his Manhood. Who although he is God and Man; yet he is not two, but one Christ. One; not by conversion of the Godhead into flesh; but by assumption of the Manhood by God. One altogether; not by confusion of Essence; but by unity of Person. For as the reasonable soul and flesh is one man; so God and Man is one Christ; Who suffered for our salvation; descended into hell; rose again the third day from the dead. He ascended into heaven, he sitteth on the right hand of the God the Father Almighty, from whence he will come to judge the quick and the dead. At whose coming all men will rise again with their bodies; And shall give account for their own works. And they that have done good shall go into life everlasting; and they that have done evil, into everlasting fire. This is the catholic faith; which except a man believe truly and firmly, he cannot be saved.

Is this Scripture based? I pray that this opens your eyes. THIS is the foundation for the Trinity! How the heck does the Son be NOT created, yet get begotten by the Father alone? (This alone contradicts Scripture which tells us that the HOLY GHOST was Christ's Father). The Trinity is a doctrine founded on nothing more than man's words. It's spineless and defenceless. I challenge all of you, if you have the guts and the open-mindedness, to go and research the Trinity and it's origins, and to consider what it's actually saying.
The Anthenasian Creed is not the original understanding of the Trinity. The earliest Christians didn't say that the Son was coequal with the Father. Jesus Himself said the Father was greater than He was.

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
meshak said:
I am only telling the world what is going on in the so called "true Christians" witnessing using Jesus' name.

Jesus' servants have responsibility to tell the world what Jesus teaches and how it has been twisted and abused by trinity churches and it is not of Jesus. They are misrepresenting Jesus with their militant practice. If you call this unrightous juedging, so be it. You cannnot intimidate me with this kind of tactic.

Jesus is not militant Savior.
Militant practice? Bahahahahahaha. Is that why the media is controlled by evolutionist athiestic people who willingly warp the truth? Is that why Hollywood is full of sexual immorality, senseless violence, blasphemy, and profane language? My, if God's people had hung onto the amazing things they started, instead of selling out and compromising, this world would be a whole different, and better, picture.

I would that all God's people were 'militant' about their faith! If they were, then we wouldn't be in the sickening mess that we are today!

And out of interest, what is your definition of militant?

Butch5 said:
The Anthenasian Creed is not the original understanding of the Trinity. The earliest Christians didn't say that the Son was coequal with the Father. Jesus Himself said the Father was greater than He was.
So am I to assume that you are NOT Trinitarian? and that you don't believe Jesus is God? Because you just dug yourself a bit of a pit with that last statement.

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
ZebraHug said:
Militant practice? Bahahahahahaha. Is that why the media is controlled by evolutionist athiestic people who willingly warp the truth? Is that why Hollywood is full of sexual immorality, senseless violence, blasphemy, and profane language? My, if God's people had hung onto the amazing things they started, instead of selling out and compromising, this world would be a whole different, and better, picture.

I would that all God's people were 'militant' about their faith! If they were, then we wouldn't be in the sickening mess that we are today!

So am I to assume that you are NOT Trinitarian? and that you don't believe Jesus is God? Because you just dug yourself a bit of a pit with that last statement.
You continually twist away Jesus' teachings. So sad.

Trinitarians have been militant (vicious), beginning with RCC and protestants are no different. They are daughters of RCC with their militant practice.

Open your eyes and heart to the truth and see what is going on. It is not so hard to see what is going on.

I have heard no love messages from you meshak

I dont have any messages, Jesus' does. You refuse to listen to Him.

ZebraHug said:

Vicious faith.

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
meshak said:
You continually twist away Jesus' teachings. So sad.

Trinitarians have been militant (vicious), beginning with RCC and protestants are no different. They are daughters of RCC with their militant practice.

Open your eyes and heart to the truth and see what is going on. It is not so hard to see what is going on.

I dont have any messages, Jesus' does. You refuse to listen to Him.

Vicious faith.
This here is what you call humour for the day. :p
I hate to break it to you buddy, but I ain't no RCC or Protestant, neither do I adhere to practices that they hold fast to. And I can see the truth. I see hundreds of 'Christians' who deny the deity of Jesus Christ.

Militant: Combative and aggressive in support of a political or social cause: "militant Islamic fundamentalists"

IAmAWitness

Nov 7, 2012
The banana is a trinity! Look, it has a skin, it has a fleshy fruit under the skin, and look, it is perfectly crafted by the Creator to rest perfectly in my hand. It proves the Trinity!

Zebra hug, you don't fall as far from the tree as you would have us believe.

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
ZebraHug said:
This here is what you call humour for the day. :p
I hate to break it to you buddy, but I ain't no RCC or Protestant, neither do I adhere to practices that they hold fast to. And I can see the truth. I see hundreds of 'Christians' who deny the deity of Jesus Christ.

Militant: Combative and aggressive in support of a political or social cause: "militant Islamic fundamentalists"
Trinity believers are exactly that, fighting against your enemy Muslims. You are doing exactly what they are doing, killing each other.

thank you for making it clear.

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
IAmAWitness said:
The banana is a trinity! Look, it has a skin, it has a fleshy fruit under the skin, and look, it is perfectly crafted by the Creator to rest perfectly in my hand. It proves the Trinity!

Zebra hug, you don't fall as far from the tree as you would have us believe.
And the verse for all this is?

Really? And what makes you say that?

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
tim_from_pa said:
That's news to me. Trinitarians believe in God the Father Son and Holy Spirit.

I know them as Yahweh and Yeshua, Oh wait! What's the name of the Spirit again? Can anyone come up with a 3rd name? I know of none. And how comes there's only the Father Yahweh and Yashua there whenever there's a vision of the heavenly throne? Where's the Spirit these days? :lol: That Holy Spirit must be playing games again acting invisible. :D

John 1:1
Was that a vain attempt at smugness. So, Yahweh And Yeshua are daddy and son and not one and the same person. By George what will I hear next.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
The prophecy in the Old Testament says that the Son (Jesus) who is to be born is God.

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
JB_Reformed Baptist said:
Was that a vain attempt at smugness. So, Yahweh And Yeshua are daddy and son and not one and the same person. By George what will I hear next.
So... I did not hear the name of the Spirit yet, did I?