is doing sexual things with a boyfriend/girlfriend sin...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or do you not know that the one who joins himself to a prostitute is one body with her? For He says, “The two shall become one flesh.”

1 Cor 6:16

"Marriage is to be held in honor among all, and the marriage bed is to be undefiled; for fornicators and adulterers God will judge."

Hebrews 13:4

And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

Matthew 19:9

Even from that verse we know that even divorcing and marrying another except out of sexual immorality, that is adultery.

The same in this case is true. If you have sex before marriage and you do not marry that person, you are guilty of adultery.

Probably 98.9% of us are here all guilty of committing adultery. So what do we do? Repent and sin no more. Trust in the cross and stop doing it.

This is helpful.

I been in the position myself in an account of being with someone else wife.

All people have made mistakes in this area of sex ~ Thankfully like you share here is when realize the mistake of what has been wrong : such a lustfully trying to get a woman just to be with her and then leave her by and through this abusive action. The cause of harm is what has a lasting effect on the conscience of how the heart, mind, emotion feels. Some people are very lost in darkness, and have yet to come to see the light and the truth about these things when it comes down to what is to be a wife, or a husband that is provided by and through the bible as good council of information.

Thank God for the encouragement of light and goodness and mercy that helps us to change our mind, and look towards the light rather than the darkness, and being consumed by the world of darkness in which we are pulled out of and put in the kingdom of Gods Son that we may find, forgiveness, peace, mercy, joy, patience, humility, selflessness, non-judgement, and love.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is helpful.

I been in the position myself in an account of being with someone else wife.

All people have made mistakes in this area of sex ~ Thankfully like you share here is when realize the mistake of what has been wrong : such a lustfully trying to get a woman just to be with her and then leave her by and through this abusive action. The cause of harm is what has a lasting effect on the conscience of how the heart, mind, emotion feels. Some people are very lost in darkness, and have yet to come to see the light and the truth about these things when it comes down to what is to be a wife, or a husband that is provided by and through the bible as good council of information.

Thank God for the encouragement of light and goodness and mercy that helps us to change our mind, and look towards the light rather than the darkness, and being consumed by the world of darkness in which we are pulled out of and put in the kingdom of Gods Son that we may find, forgiveness, peace, mercy, joy, patience, humility, selflessness, non-judgement, and love.
If I lied,
I am a liar.
If I have stolen,
I am a thief.
If I've used the Lord's name in vain,
I'm a blasphemer.
If I had sex outside of marriage,
I am an adulteress.
If I believe in Jesus and accept the cross,
Then I have been made clean.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree with this very much and I think it's also a dangerous interpretation. You tell this to people and couples living in sin will continue to live in sin because they are convinced they are basically already married. They are not. And because marriage is not held honorably, it will not be taken seriously when one person flakes out, and they will continue to repeat this process with other people over and over again. This is common in our culture today. Will you judge people coming together outside of marriage if you believe they are now married?

I am with @Michael1985 that I believe a couple who comes together must marry, but scripture says the man can do what he wants with the virgin, but that they should marry.

"If anyone is worried that he might not be acting honorably toward the virgin he is engaged to, and if his passions are too strong and he feels he ought to marry, he should do as he wants. He is not sinning. They should get married."
He does not say that they are married, but that they should. I will say this though, it makes sense that the church would put this in order to prevent adultery before marriage.

And honestly, in our flake out culture today, the person in question would have to ask themselves, can you really depend on and trust the person that you're dealing with? Or will they leave you high and dry after you've given yourself away to them? Lots of people will say lots of things to get what they want without consideration for the other person.

It is better to wait until after marriage, because love blinds a person but the reality is you can't always trust a person and you can end up heartbroken. Not that marriage will always prevent that either.

Ya know Yellow Fluffy...you'r so fine! Sweet...God love ya.
I am going to hand it to you....it is a rare talent to be completely wrong and completely right... almost in the same breath.
I am a hopeless romantic and love big weddings...but nothing about that is biblical. From the moment they lay eyes on each other to the moment they join...is the plan of God....Satan was not even consulted.
Weddings originated as Pagan rituals....Gentiles! When the Gentiles took the helm of the church they brought in a lot of their regional customs and holidays...Weddings was one of these customs. That is why there are so many Pagan customs / rituals in our modern Christian weddings.

Weddings are a custom...no requirement for a wedding anywhere in the Bible. The joining still consummates the marriage. You can test this out. If you get married and if you do not have sex, in most states and countries you can get the marriage annulled.

But never fret sweetness....just like slavery and consensual marriages and women's rights....it was something that the Holy Spirit taught us along the way....of a better way.

Marriages! Hallelujah! The bigger the ring the better! The more beautiful the dress the better! The bigger the cake the better! The more decorations the better! The more guests the better! Celebrate! Celebrate! Celebrate! Make that bride feel loved and special!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People forget these things about themselves and they believe that they are good.

When in reality no one is good. Romans 3:10-12.

That is a good and healthy reminder to continue and look at ourselves in the mirror and also remember who we are as human beings. That we are not perfect, good, or prone to never making mistakes at all.

Lately have been bring back some of my own things to just make people realize that we are not perfect and we make mistakes: My fear is people believing they can become so perfect and that they are are above others and it can be a scary place to be in and dark and harmful.

It is not say that we are not LOVED: AND CARED For though, and that we should also realize that we are Forgiven of our mistakes and to move forward holding on the to the Lords hand, and seek the truth, and die to ourselves and live by the spirit.

We can still have fun, and laugh and have a good time in life, the thing is in our heart it is being renewed and our mind towards the things of God of what is the most important.

To have love, respect for other, mercy, forgiveness, kindness, gentleness, faithfulness unto God and Jesus Christ, forbearance of others, and to love that person who is annoying at work anyway!

Love was the message that God sent. That Love was shown by and through the Lord Jesus Christ ~ There is freedom in Christ Jesus! (Galatians 5:1)

@FluffyYellowDuck Thank you for your words, and kindness friend: Much love to you, and everyone else on this site, and may God bless all the peoples here families by and through the Lord Jesus Christ and help in unity, love, faith, and hope with longsuffering.

Last edited:
Reactions: DuckieLady

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or do you not know that the one who joins himself to a prostitute is one body with her? For He says, “The two shall become one flesh.”

1 Cor 6:16

"Marriage is to be held in honor among all, and the marriage bed is to be undefiled; for fornicators and adulterers God will judge."

Hebrews 13:4

And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

Matthew 19:9

Even from that verse we know that even divorcing and marrying another except out of sexual immorality, that is adultery.

The same in this case is true. If you have sex before marriage and you do not marry that person, you are guilty of adultery.

Probably 98.9% of us are here all guilty of committing adultery. So what do we do? Repent and sin no more. Trust in the cross and stop doing it.

I will give you that, that this is a common belief but...
What you are referencing is Christ (a Jew) talking to other Jews, about Judaism (the Mosaic Law) We are not Jews.
This is a college level discussion because in this conversation Christ sets the Mosaic Law on it ear because He implies ...LOL says that Moses permitted you...implying that at least in some cases the Law came from Moses....not God.
The fact is, that Christianity never developed a process for divorce...no "letter of divorcement" You can look at Paul's discussion on this.
The point that I want to leave you with is this....do not let anyone abuse you or your children. My mom was shot point blank in the chest with a .38 special. She was there because she thought it was wrong to get a divorce. She was wrong. Because the Bible never states a Christian process for divorce...there is room for a discussion. But no sin. Christians in that period "walked away" from their marriages. Now whether or not under some circumstances it was OK for them to marry is a debate. Not enough to say someone sinned.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a college level discussion because in this conversation Christ sets the Mosaic Law on it ear because He implies ...LOL says that Moses permitted you...implying that at least in some cases the Law came from Moses....not God.
No, no such thing is "implied"--He simply answers their question.
"Oh, yeah? Well, then, why'd Moses order a man to give her a certificate of divorce?"
Did the Pharisees also think "Some parts of the Law are from Moses not God?"
No, "Law of God" and "Law of Moses" are used interchangeably for "Torah".
Elementary not "College".

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ya know Yellow Fluffy...you'r so fine! Sweet...God love ya.
I am going to hand it to you....it is a rare talent to be completely wrong and completely right... almost in the same breath.
I am a hopeless romantic and love big weddings...but nothing about that is biblical. From the moment they lay eyes on each other to the moment they join...is the plan of God....Satan was not even consulted.
Weddings originated as Pagan rituals....Gentiles! When the Gentiles took the helm of the church they brought in a lot of their regional customs and holidays...Weddings was one of these customs. That is why there are so many Pagan customs / rituals in our modern Christian weddings.

Weddings are a custom...no requirement for a wedding anywhere in the Bible. The joining still consummates the marriage. You can test this out. If you get married and if you do not have sex, in most states and countries you can get the marriage annulled.

But never fret sweetness....just like slavery and consensual marriages and women's rights....it was something that the Holy Spirit taught us along the way....of a better way.

Marriages! Hallelujah! The bigger the ring the better! The more beautiful the dress the better! The bigger the cake the better! The more decorations the better! The more guests the better! Celebrate! Celebrate! Celebrate! Make that bride feel loved and special!
What do you mean @Grailhunter?
I don't think a couple needs a wedding. Witnesses and in writing, yes, but a wedding is an hour or two. Marriage is for life.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you mean @Grailhunter?
I don't think a couple needs a wedding. Witnesses and in writing, yes, but a wedding is an hour or two. Marriage is for life.
I agree to a degree. Of course a couple should enter into a marriage with the intent of it being for life. But it does not always work out that way. Some times they find the wife's body buried in a shallow grave. People that are in love should be married. People that hate each other should not.

Reactions: DuckieLady

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, no such thing is "implied"--He simply answers their question.
"Oh, yeah? Well, then, why'd Moses order a man to give her a certificate of divorce?"
Did the Pharisees also think "Some parts of the Law are from Moses not God?"
No, "Law of God" and "Law of Moses" are used interchangeably for "Torah".
Elementary not "College".
I said...what Christ said...argue with Him.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said...what Christ said...argue with Him.
You quoted God's Word?
Satan quoted God's Word.
I guess he could also have made your argument.
"Well, I quoted God--argue with Him!"
You're equally as wrong as he would've been.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You quoted God's Word?
Satan quoted God's Word.
I guess he could also have made your argument.
"Well, I quoted God--argue with Him!"
You're equally as wrong as he would've been.
No reason to disagree with me...read the scripture...it says it all.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No reason to disagree with me...read the scripture...it says it all.
1. Again, you did not merely say what Christ said.
2. This is a discussion forum--people disagree all of the time.
I'm not going to sit here silently while you spread misinformation.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Again, you did not merely say what Christ said.
2. This is a discussion forum--people disagree all of the time.
I'm not going to sit here silently while you spread misinformation.
I am spreading the Gospel.
Because you do not like it, does not matter to me.
Like I said, read the scripture.
You do know that anybody can read that scripture and know that I am telling the truth.
Other than that, if you like fantasy for a religion...have at it.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am spreading the Gospel.
Because you do not like it, does not matter to me.
Like I said, read the scripture.
You do know that anybody can read that scripture and know that I am telling the truth.
Other than that, if you like fantasy for a religion...have at it.
They sure can--and they will see you for what you are.
You did not quote Christ, you interpreted Christ.
Furthermore, you cannot preach the Gospel.
How can a man who refuses to admit such trivial errors preach the Gospel?

Matthew 19
3Some Pharisees came to Jesus, testing Him and [c]asking, “Is it lawful for a man to [d]divorce his wife for any reason at all?4And He answered and said, “Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning MADE THEM MALE AND FEMALE, 5and said, ‘FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND HIS MOTHER AND BE JOINED TO HIS WIFE, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH’? 6So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore, what God has joined together, no person is to separate.” 7They *said to Him, “Why, then, did Moses command to GIVE HER A CERTIFICATE OF DIVORCE AND SEND HER AWAY?” 8He *said to them, “Because of your hardness of heart Moses permitted you to [e]divorce your wives; but from the beginning it has not been this way. 9And I say to you, whoever [f]divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman [g]commits adultery[h].”

Christ never "implied" some of the Law came from Moses and some from God.
The Pharisees asked why Moses ordered certificates of divorce.
Christ responded as to why Moses gave them certificates of divorce.

Stop. Spreading. Misinformation.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They sure can--and they will see you for what you are.
You did not quote Christ, you interpreted Christ.
Furthermore, you cannot preach the Gospel.
How can a man who refuses to admit such trivial errors preach the Gospel?

Matthew 19
3Some Pharisees came to Jesus, testing Him and [c]asking, “Is it lawful for a man to [d]divorce his wife for any reason at all?4And He answered and said, “Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning MADE THEM MALE AND FEMALE, 5and said, ‘FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND HIS MOTHER AND BE JOINED TO HIS WIFE, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH’? 6So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore, what God has joined together, no person is to separate.” 7They *said to Him, “Why, then, did Moses command to GIVE HER A CERTIFICATE OF DIVORCE AND SEND HER AWAY?” 8He *said to them, “Because of your hardness of heart Moses permitted you to [e]divorce your wives; but from the beginning it has not been this way. 9And I say to you, whoever [f]divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman [g]commits adultery[h].”

Christ never "implied" some of the Law came from Moses and some from God.
The Pharisees asked why Moses ordered certificates of divorce.
Christ responded as to why Moses gave them certificates of divorce.

Stop. Spreading. Misinformation.
You so funny! Can you read?
Because of your hardness of heart Moses permitted you to divorce your wives;
And still it was a discussion between Jews about Judaism. They brought to Him a question about the Mosaic Law. The Mosaic Law has nothing to do with Christians.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You so funny! Can you read?
Because of your hardness of heart Moses permitted you to divorce your wives;
And still it was a discussion between Jews about Judaism. They brought to Him a question about the Mosaic Law. The Mosaic Law has nothing to do with Christians.
1. You didn't merely "say what Jesus said" you interpreted what Jesus said.
2. The issue I raised wasn't about Christians and Law it was about your misrepresentation of Christ.
3. Yes, "Moses" was the Lawgiver. There is no inference that some Law came from Moses and some from God. It's called The Law of God. You think there's anything in there that God didn't issue? "They believed in God and in Moses".
Moses to God : "Your people that You brought out of Egypt.
God to Moses : "Your people that you brought out of Egypt.
They're used interchangeably sometimes--"Law of God" "Law of Moses".

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. You didn't merely "say what Jesus said" you interpreted what Jesus said.
2. The issue I raised wasn't about Christians and Law it was about your misrepresentation of Christ.
3. Yes, "Moses" was the Lawgiver. There is no inference that some Law came from Moses and some from God. It's called The Law of God. You think there's anything in there that God didn't issue? "They believed in God and in Moses".
Moses to God : "Your people that You brought out of Egypt.
God to Moses : "Your people that you brought out of Egypt.
They're used interchangeably--"Law of God" "Law of Moses".
Again....Moses permitted you....LOL
Christ does about the same thing with the "Eye for eye and tooth for a tooth"...Mosaic Law.
Which again was Christ talking to Jews about Judaism.
And again the Mosaic Law has nothing to do with Christianity.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again....Moses permitted you....LOL
Christ does about the same thing with the "Eye for eye and tooth for a tooth"...Mosaic Law.
Which again was Christ talking to Jews about Judaism.
And again the Mosaic Law has nothing to do with Christianity.
1. Yes, Christ knows perfectly well what that means--"God"/"Moses". When "Moses" gave Law, that came straight from "God". When anything was too difficult for him, he would go resort to God and ask God what the Law was. Every Law came from God none came from Moses. Moses was the mediator of the Law not the Source of it. Saying "Moses" gave it is not saying "Moses went around God's back and gave some Law that God didn't"--that is madness. That "permission" from "Moses" not in some separate book it's in the Law of God. "A fiery Law went out from His right hand."
2. Yes, Christ brings superior Law--that isn't the issue.
3. Christians and Law is not the issue.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Yes, Christ knows perfectly well what that means--"God"/"Moses". When "Moses" gave Law, that came straight from "God". When anything was too difficult for him, he would go resort to God and ask God what the Law was. Every Law came from God none came from Moses. Moses was the mediator of the Law not the Source of it. Saying "Moses" gave it is not saying "Moses went around God's back and gave some Law that God didn't"--that is madness. That "permission" from "Moses" not in some separate book it's in the Law of God.
2. Yes, Christ brings superior Law--that isn't the issue.
3. Christians and Law is not the issue.
Lucky you have found me in a humorous mood.
So, who is interpreting now? LOL.
If you want to start a thread on the study of the 613 Mosaic Laws...have a blast. I have a western coming on...see ya

Status
Not open for further replies.