is doing sexual things with a boyfriend/girlfriend sin...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lucky you have found me in a humorous mood.
So, who is interpreting now? LOL.
If you want to start a thread on the study of the 613 Mosaic Laws...have a blast. I have a western coming on...see ya
1. Lucky--or else what?
2. I wasn't the one wrongly claiming to quote Christ directly when I was interpreting that was you.
3. Stop changing the subject or acting like you're right or trying to vindicate yourself.
4. Where did the Law come from? The right hand of God. Moses mediated that Law. Deuteronomy 33:2 He said: "The Lord came from Sinai and shone forth from Seir to them; He appeared from Mount Paran and came with some of the holy myriads; from His right hand was a fiery Law for them."

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will give you that, that this is a common belief but...
What you are referencing is Christ (a Jew) talking to other Jews, about Judaism (the Mosaic Law) We are not Jews.
This is a college level discussion because in this conversation Christ sets the Mosaic Law on it ear because He implies ...LOL says that Moses permitted you...implying that at least in some cases the Law came from Moses....not God.
The fact is, that Christianity never developed a process for divorce...no "letter of divorcement" You can look at Paul's discussion on this.
The point that I want to leave you with is this....do not let anyone abuse you or your children. My mom was shot point blank in the chest with a .38 special. She was there because she thought it was wrong to get a divorce. She was wrong. Because the Bible never states a Christian process for divorce...there is room for a discussion. But no sin. Christians in that period "walked away" from their marriages. Now whether or not under some circumstances it was OK for them to marry is a debate. Not enough to say someone sinned.
I understand that. I'm sorry for your mother.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will give you that, that this is a common belief but...
What you are referencing is Christ (a Jew) talking to other Jews, about Judaism (the Mosaic Law) We are not Jews.
This is a college level discussion because in this conversation Christ sets the Mosaic Law on it ear because He implies ...LOL says that Moses permitted you...implying that at least in some cases the Law came from Moses....not God.
The fact is, that Christianity never developed a process for divorce...no "letter of divorcement" You can look at Paul's discussion on this.
The point that I want to leave you with is this....do not let anyone abuse you or your children. My mom was shot point blank in the chest with a .38 special. She was there because she thought it was wrong to get a divorce. She was wrong. Because the Bible never states a Christian process for divorce...there is room for a discussion. But no sin. Christians in that period "walked away" from their marriages. Now whether or not under some circumstances it was OK for them to marry is a debate. Not enough to say someone sinned.
I too am sorry to read that about your mom.
(Impersonal "you" to follow.)

No woman should ever stay in a marriage with an abusive husband. Ever!

Years ago I was driving home while my stereo tried to find a channel in the hills of Tennessee.
It picked up a station carrying The Doctor Laura show.

This woman was weeping as she asked DL for advice. Her husband beat her everyday. He'd put her in the hospital numerous times with broken bones. Threatened to kill her everyday. Raped her because he said it was his right and she was to submit to her husband.

The woman apparently had told DL she was a Christian and before I tuned in because DL used that against her.
DL is Jewish.
DL told this woman, who'd said she didn't know if she'd be alive in future if she didn't leave him now,
that God forbids divorce. And as a Christian that means this woman had to stay married to her abuser.
Go to counciling, have a couple sit down with her pastor, but no divorce.

Talking about this now, I wonder if that woman is still alive.

And Dr.Laura? Is not a psychologist, not a psychotherapist.
Her PhD is in Physiology from Columbia University!

God did not create women to be a punching bag for low life's. Divorce the abusive demon and find the real man God meant you to have.

It's better to pray and ask God's forgiveness for filing for divorce now, than to have 12 friends and family praying for God's mercy later at the funeral , while asking forgiveness for their not getting that battered to death wife out of the damn house.

Last edited:

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sorry.
Now I was attempting to be nice and funny with you. Did I fail?
LOL Odd sense of humor.

You did not fail. :)I am sorry if I am not catching on as easily tonight. Fell ill with food poisoning or something.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't know anyone who hasn't made out w/ their boyfriend, is there anyone on this forum who would be the first one I hear of? I'm not condoning this, I really am confused about what to think about it.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know anyone who hasn't made out w/ their boyfriend, is there anyone on this forum who would be the first one I hear of? I'm not condoning this, I really am confused about what to think about it.
1 Corinthians 7
1Now for the matters you wrote about: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.a 2But because there is so much sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband.

People aren't supposed to have girlfriends and boyfriends, they're supposed to have spouses.

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 7
1Now for the matters you wrote about: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.a 2But because there is so much sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband.

People aren't supposed to have girlfriends and boyfriends, they're supposed to have spouses.
This I will agree with you on.

Learn from my mistakes.

Exs mom gave me a shirt that said "I don't make mistakes. I date them."

I was living with their family while I was engaged to another man. Accidentally wore it in the closest thing I had to an engagement photo. I was 19 and VERY naive.

She was right, though.

Reactions: GracePeace

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This I will agree with you on.

Learn from my mistakes.

Exs mom gave me a shirt that said "I don't make mistakes. I date them."

I was living with their family while I was engaged to another man. Accidentally wore it in the closest thing I had to an engagement photo. I was 19 and VERY naive.

She was right, though.
Seems obvious. Religious Jews (Paul was one) don't "date"--they meet a couple times to see if they like one another FOR MARRIAGE PURPOSES, then, if they like one another FOR MARRIAGE PURPOSES, the date is set and they are married and begin having children.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems obvious. Religious Jews (Paul was one) don't "date"--they meet a couple times to see if they like one another FOR MARRIAGE PURPOSES, then, if they like one another FOR MARRIAGE PURPOSES, the date is set and they are married and begin having children.
We see this kind of played out with Samson in Judges 14. He tells his parents to get her "that one", and they are angry, and he likes her and went back to marry her and tears out honey from a lions carcass and feeds it to his parents about where it came from because he's kind of a brute.

This was one that didn't work out, and certainly the Lord knew it would not work out since he is all knowing - but it was also from the Lord.

Verse 4:

(His parents did not know that this was from the Lord, who was seeking an occasion to confront the Philistines; for at that time they were ruling over Israel.)

It was set up so he would get so ticked off he'd flip out and start tying up 300 foxes tails together in pairs and set them blazing and burn up all of their grain and vineyards and then killed a thousand men with a donkey jawbone.

And that's not even all of it.

Judges 15:16

Then Samson said,

“With a donkey’s jawbone
I have made donkeys of them.
With a donkey’s jawbone
I have killed a thousand men.”

What a news story that would be today.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We see this kind of played out with Samson in Judges 14. He tells his parents to get her "that one", and they are angry, and he likes her and went back to marry her after tearing out honey from a lions carcass and not telling his parents about it because he's kind of a brute.

This was one that didn't work out, and certainly the Lord knew it would not work out since he is all knowing - but it was also from the Lord.

Verse 4:

(His parents did not know that this was from the Lord, who was seeking an occasion to confront the Philistines; for at that time they were ruling over Israel.)

It was set up so he would get so ticked off he'd flip out and start tying up 300 foxes tails together in pairs and set them blazing and burn up all of their grain and vineyards and then killed a thousand men with a donkey jawbone.

And that's not even all of it.

Judges 15:16

Then Samson said,

“With a donkey’s jawbone
I have made donkeys of them.
With a donkey’s jawbone
I have killed a thousand men.”

What a news story that would be today.
Correction : You did NOT see it played out, because Samson married a Philistine Judges 14:1; Paul stipulates marriage partners are ONLY Christians (for Samson that would've been a Jewess).

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ELI5 = Explain like I'm five

I'm not big on many OT customs, so there's details I'm ignorant about. I was seeing it as a general picture, but not from a traditional whatever.
Law of Moses forbade Jews marrying non-Jews Deuteronomy 7:3-4.
Samson was disobedient to God.
Today, this same law is in place, "only in the Lord" 1 Corinthians 7:39.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Law of Moses forbade Jews marrying non-Jews Deuteronomy 7:3-4.
Samson was disobedient to God.
Today, this same law is in place, "only in the Lord" 1 Corinthians 7:39.
Interesting, thank you.

I appreciate that.

Sure I bet it has something to do with all those natural foods without preservatives!
5 day old burrito! Knew it tasted funny.

I am off to bed now. Getting much worse with the throwing up and the chills/shaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.