Is following the mass on television just as good as going to chruch?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(poetboy;29642)
how can you actually eat jesus and drink jesus?
And you can't which is the problem for the Catholic. What Yahshua said was symbolic.John 6:63 - It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(FollowChrist;29447)
Like following by watching the mass by saying the prayers and following the hymns(no singing
biggrin.gif
), like your there but in your own home? Probably not, just wondering your thoughts... Why or why not?
I think, if you are able to go to church... go. You are able to fellowship with other christians. You are building relationships. It's ok sometimes to listen sermons on radio/tv/videos etc. but personal contact with other believers is great and biblical.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
(poetboy;29642)
how can you actually eat jesus and drink jesus?
26While they were eating, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, "Take and eat; this is my body." 27Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you. 28This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. 29I tell you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it anew with you in my Father's kingdom.do this in remembrance of me."this is how you eat and drink Jesus.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Letsgofishing;29733)
26While they were eating, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, "Take and eat; this is my body." 27Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you. 28This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. 29I tell you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it anew with you in my Father's kingdom.do this in remembrance of me."this is how you eat and drink Jesus.
Meaning the bread was representative of his body and blood or he would have bitten a chunk out of his arm and drank the blood

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(kriss;29812)
Meaning the bread was representative of his body and blood or he would have bitten a chunk out of his arm and drank the blood
Yep.. your response is the same as those Jews who lacked faith: 52The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat? 53Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. 54Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. 55For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. 56He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in himThe Greek word used for "eats" (trogon) is very blunt and has the sense of "chewing" or "gnawing." Nothing symbolic about it.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
That is never said in the Bible only in the catholics Bible not the true word of Goddont you find it strange the apostles never taught this only Catholics in their own writtings uuuhmm

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
(kriss;29818)
That is never said in the Bible only in the catholics Bible not the true word of Goddont you find it strange the apostles never taught this only Catholics in their own writtings uuuhmm
are you serious Kriss?????you like the KJV don't you, heres the same passage.52The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat? 53Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. 54Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. 55For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. 56He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.John 6 52-56and the quote about the apostles not teaching it. Heres Paul. who learned everything from the apostles. "Therefore whoever eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord."1 cor 11:27in KJV formatso on both counts your wrong.your brother in christRyan Fitz