Is God bound by time

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

manichunter

Jun 2, 2008
Is God effected by time? How does God relate to time? The Scripture say that Yeshua was the lamb slain before the foundation of creation, which mean before mankind needed a scrafice for sin since we had yet to be created. I believe God is not bound by time. Time does not have any effect on God. God sits above time. God created time as well for His creation. God created time for His creation. God does not age, learn, or mature. God says He works from the end to the beginning. The Book of Revelation says that the book of life is closed, and will not be open until the judgement. So, time has no effect on God's actions as well. The revelations of God are not bound by time either. It is man that cannot see the big picture at any one time. Mankind's prospective is from within the creation which is bound by time. Hence, Man can only grasps revelation in the realm of creation from a limited and chopped up fashion. Mankind is bound by time. So my concluding point is, are believer in Yeshua bound by time. I believe that our carnal man is still bound by time, but our spirit man is no longer bound by time. questions, comments, and critiques for inputPlease take no offense...........chris

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
I believe that time has become a big stumbling block for man and that it was merely created to be used as a measuring stick but not necessarily because we are "bound" by it. I also believe that the enemy uses time to pressure us and cause stress in our lives as everything we do is determined by the damnable clock! (haha, jokes on us isn't it?) I have no scripture to back how I see this, it is merely my personal opinion.As for God being bound by it. I cannot see why He would be since He was here from the very beginning and will be here after all passes away, for eternity into infinity and doesn't seem to be in any hurry at all.blessings

Gareth

May 27, 2008
God created the earth with all it's laws, including the laws of physics including time. Notice in Genesis 1:1 it says "In the beginning", therefore time began at the creation. God would have to exist outside of time in order to create the earth in the first place if we are to look it at logically. I'd be interested in hearing what others think, I think God is not bound by the laws of science. Through miracles we see God manipulate the laws of science in order for miracles to happen. When Jesus would walk on water, his density was changed so that He would walk on it. When Jesus would change water into wine, the chemical composition of the water into wine would be changed through a miracle.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is one of the concepts that is very difficult to wrap ones mind around. God is eternal, so that very fact should answer the question on a basic level.However, it goes much deeper than that. We are limited by time in these flesh bodies and when God came to us in the flesh he took on the same circumstances. However, God exists outside of time. One of the ways I explain this is the so called "puzzle" that seems to plague Christianity about where the dead are.I Thessalonians 4:13
But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
I'm trying to make this clear as I can, but think of it this way:Suppose I die tomorrow. Here on earth I will have died Friday June 06th, 2008. Christ obviously has not come back yet and given that some signs must come first, he most likely won't be here in the 12-24 hours or so before I die.That moment - and I firmly believe people have been in that "in between" state as I have witnessed it with my own eyes - of death is one where we leave the constraints of this world. The dead don't go to some black place. To be absent from the body is to be present with him (II Corinthians 5:8). Ecclesiastes 12, all souls belong to God and will return there!That being said, there is no time outside of this world. All the saints return with Christ because they're already with him at the moment of death! God exists "out there" in eternity, bound by no time because he created this time we know.This is a very difficult concept to communicate, but study of the Scripture while rightly dividing the Word will help you understand this. Our Father gives us times only for our simple little minds to get wrapped around.