Is God Sending Republican Voters a Message?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not supporting Racist actions like "Affirmative Action" and hiring quotas, is not "Subversion of Civil Rights." You can't show where Republicans "Subverted" Civil Rights!

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not supporting Racist actions like "Affirmative Action" and hiring quotas, is not "Subversion of Civil Rights." You can't show where Republicans "Subverted" Civil Rights!

At one time, Candidus, Republicans supported civil rights legislation for decades and had a hefty amount of the black vote. Affirmative action and hiring quotas came after the Dixiecrats entered the Republican Party. After that time there has been in the Republican Party a continual legislative and judicial activity to diminish civil rights. If Republicans haven't been doing this, why have they lost the black vote? What you're saying is irrational.

Why not consider the Golden Rule? Let us follow Christ and love others as we wish ourselves to be loved. The Golden Rule establishes equity in law.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd say men are responsible for that, and I'd say some racism is involved. Why blame God for what men do?

Covid-19 lays bare how racism fuels health disparities among Black people

“People of color right now are more likely to be infected, and we’re more likely to die. What we’re seeing here is the direct result of racism,” said Camara Phyllis Jones, an epidemiologist who recently served as president of the American Public Health Association. “That’s the thing that is slapping us in the face. Actually, it’s lashing us like whips.”

The systemic discrimination that has impacted Black health so inordinately dates back to the first ships carrying enslaved Africans that crossed the Atlantic. The colonial narrative of hierarchy and supremacy exists to this day, Jones said, and has translated, centuries later, into gaping health disparities.

Today, Black people in the U.S. are more likely than white people to live in food deserts, with limited access to fresh fruit or vegetables. They are less likely to be able to access green spaces, and more likely to live in areas without clean water or air. Black children are more likely to grow up in high-poverty areas. Black adults are more frequently exposed to greater occupational hazards, often working in frontline jobs across many fields.

Perhaps judgment is coming for those whites with hard hearts for how they have oppressed others.

Ezekiel 22:29 The people of the land have used oppression, and exercised robbery, and have vexed the poor and needy: yea, they have oppressed the stranger wrongfully.
30 And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.
31 Therefore have I poured out mine indignation upon them; I have consumed them with the fire of my wrath: their own way have I recompensed upon their heads, saith the Lord God.
The reason for COVID-19 affecting black people is not racism. They cannot blame white people for their poverty. These things are the judgment of the Lord on Canaan all the way back in Genesis 9:25.

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At one time, Candidus, Republicans supported civil rights legislation for decades and had a hefty amount of the black vote. Affirmative action and hiring quotas came after the Dixiecrats entered the Republican Party. After that time there has been in the Republican Party a continual legislative and judicial activity to diminish civil rights. If Republicans haven't been doing this, why have they lost the black vote? What you're saying is irrational.

Why not consider the Golden Rule? Let us follow Christ and love others as we wish ourselves to be loved. The Golden Rule establishes equity in law.

I noticed that you did not tell us precisely what "Civil Rights" Republicans have "diminished." You can't. All you offered was a gooey rant and tried to sanctify it with something unrelatedly spiritual in the last sentence.

Why Did the Democratic South Become Republican?

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I noticed that you did not tell us precisely what "Civil Rights" Republicans have "diminished." You can't. All you offered was a gooey rant and tried to sanctify it with something unrelatedly spiritual in the last sentence.

Why Did the Democratic South Become Republican?

Have you asked yourself why, Candidus, if what you're saying is true, that the Republican Party has so few black voters? What you're saying to them is unbelievable.

Reactions: Giuliano

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joe Biden believes that he owns Black people! He says "You ain't Black" if you are not on the Democrat Plantation!

Democrats, Candidus, may be taking the Democratic vote for granted, but there's nothing in the Republicans that they see inviting.

Reactions: Giuliano

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First it was the Republican town of Midland in Michigan getting pounded by heavy rain and then dams breaking with a disastrous flood. Now I see a tornado with hail the size of grapefruit felll in Texas' 13th Congressional district -- a Republican district.

If these things had happened in Democratic areas, right-wing preachers would be talking about the wrath of God. Is there a pattern here? I'm wondering now if the upcoming hurricane season is about to devastate Republican states.

It's not very Christian of you to gloat over people's misfortunes; is it, Giuliano? Don't be like the hypothetical right-wing preachers you're criticizing. Now, that's just hypocritical. I would expect this from the resident agnostic, but not from a Christian.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why not consider the Golden Rule?
This would be good advice to Black Lives Matter. Since blacks have been highly favored in the USA for almost 60 years, the Golden Rule for them would be to tender a Vote of Thanks to the rest of America for giving them every opportunity to succeed. Supreme Court justices Thurgood Marshall and Clarence Thomas are good examples of what the USA became since the days of segregation.

Regarding Clarence Thomas: "Since joining the court, Thomas has taken a textualist approach, seeking to uphold the original meaning of the United States Constitution and statutes. He is also, along with fellow justice Neil Gorsuch, an advocate of natural law jurisprudence. Thomas is generally viewed as the most conservative member of the court. Thomas is also known for almost never speaking during oral arguments."

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you asked yourself why, Candidus, if what you're saying is true, that the Republican Party has so few black voters? What you're saying to them is unbelievable.

Have you asked yourself, bukka, why so many blacks support the Democratic Party that consistently votes to fund a billion-dollar industry initially set up to rid the U.S. of black people??? (I'm beginning to think that you're a troll.)

The taking of innocent life is an abomination to God.

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This would be good advice to Black Lives Matter. Since blacks have been highly favored in the USA for almost 60 years, the Golden Rule for them would be to tender a Vote of Thanks to the rest of America for giving them every opportunity to succeed. Supreme Court justices Thurgood Marshall and Clarence Thomas are good examples of what the USA became since the days of segregation.

Regarding Clarence Thomas: "Since joining the court, Thomas has taken a textualist approach, seeking to uphold the original meaning of the United States Constitution and statutes. He is also, along with fellow justice Neil Gorsuch, an advocate of natural law jurisprudence. Thomas is generally viewed as the most conservative member of the court. Thomas is also known for almost never speaking during oral arguments."

What do you expect from Liberals? The Democrats are presently gloating over the destruction of America.

Have you asked yourself, bukka, why so many blacks support the Democratic Party that consistently votes to fund a billion-dollar industry initially set up to rid the U.S. of black people??? (I'm beginning to think that you're a troll.)

The taking of innocent life is an abomination to God.

None of these subjects have anything to do with the OP. ???

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm afraid I have a problem sticking with the topic. You'll have to excuse me.

Are you a troll???

No, Prayer Warrior. Thanks for your question. I'm merely doing what many people are doing. I'm advocating religious and political views in keeping with my conscience and my reading of the Bible. That makes me similar to most people hereabouts.

I seem like a troll to others but I'm not. I'm merely interacting right now with a lot of alt right people, whom I do not identify as true conservatives, challenging them for ideas that they hate being challenged upon. But that is the purpose of a forum.

I thank you Prayer Warrior for you question.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First it was the Republican town of Midland in Michigan getting pounded by heavy rain and then dams breaking with a disastrous flood. Now I see a tornado with hail the size of grapefruit felll in Texas' 13th Congressional district -- a Republican district.

If these things had happened in Democratic areas, right-wing preachers would be talking about the wrath of God. Is there a pattern here? I'm wondering now if the upcoming hurricane season is about to devastate Republican states.

Republican states?
Every state in the Union is A Republic.

God is Just.
If people desire to Reject God...
If people desire a Godless Society...
If people desire to Embrace God...
If people desire a Righteous Society...
God has the Power to give what people desire.

Weather is Controlled by God...
VENGENCE Belongs to God...
People are Supernaturally Divided...

Reactions: bukka

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, Prayer Warrior. Thanks for your question. I'm merely doing what many people are doing. I'm advocating religious and political views in keeping with my conscience and my reading of the Bible. That makes me similar to most people hereabouts.

I seem like a troll to others but I'm not. I'm merely interacting right now with a lot of alt right people, whom I do not identify as true conservatives, challenging them for ideas that they hate being challenged upon. But that is the purpose of a forum.

I thank you Prayer Warrior for you question.

If you must apply labels to everyone, you are a "black" man and a Democrat?

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you must apply labels to everyone, you are a "black" man and a Democrat?

I'm of the human race, Prayer Warrior and ask to be treated as such under the Constitution. My party affiliation is irrelevant, but I will say that I'm an independent. Again, thanks for your questions.

Reactions: amadeus

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm of the human race, Prayer Warrior and ask to be treated as such under the Constitution. My party affiliation is irrelevant, but I will say that I'm an independent. Again, thanks for your questions.

Okay, so dodge the question. You've been doing a lot of that. You've represented yourself as a black man, but you aren't willing to state that you are, in fact, black. So, I still think you're a troll.

BTW, I don't give a hoot whether your skin is black or white. I know this is not the PC thing to say, but it's true. As I have said many times, God created one race--the human race. I welcome people of various ethnic groups to this forum. I welcomed you, but now I feel that I've been hoodwinked by you. I don't like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grailhunter

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, so dodge the question. You've been doing a lot of that. You've represented yourself as a black man, but you aren't willing to state that you are, in fact, black. So, I still think you're a troll.

BTW, I don't give a hoot whether your skin is black or white. I know this is not the PC thing to say, but it's true. As I have said many times, God created one race--the human race. I welcome people of various ethnic groups to this forum. I welcomed you, but now I feel that I've been hoodwinked by you. I don't like that.

Do you think, Prayer Warrior, that you can cast aside the Bill of Rights for certain people and not be affected by it yourself? Think on it. I've heard in about seven threads statements that there is only the human race and black civil rights activities were being condemned as racist. I was just echoing those statements when I was stating that I was of the human race. That's the main difference. I want to be treated as a human being like other people. It is all very simple. Thanks again for your questions.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think, Prayer Warrior, that you can cast aside the Bill of Rights for certain people and not be affected by it yourself? Think on it. I've heard in about seven threads statements that there is only the human race and black civil rights activities were being condemned as racist. I was just echoing those statements when I was stating that I was of the human race. That's the main difference. I want to be treated as a human being like other people. It is all very simple. Thanks again for your questions.

I've NEVER advocated casting aside the Bill of Rights (or the rest of the Constitution) for ANYONE! Where did you get that idea?

I don't just say that God created only one race; I live it. I'm going to tell you (and anyone else who cares to read this) something personal about myself. A few years ago, I found out that my youngest child thought that my late husband was a black man. He was a contractor, and when he worked outside in the summer, he got very tan. I'm telling you this to show that I taught my children that humans really are one race and that racial prejudice is stupid.

I have treated you as a human being. I reached out to you and welcomed you here. I believe that we need Christians of various ethnic groups posting here, attending church together, etc. In Christ there is no black or white!! But everyone has to live out this truth, no matter what color our skin is.

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've NEVER advocated casting aside the Bill of Rights (or the rest of the Constitution) for ANYONE! Where did you get that idea?

I don't just say that God created only one race; I live it. I'm going to tell you (and anyone else who cares to read this) something personal about myself. A few years ago, I found out that my youngest child thought that my late husband was a black man. He was a contractor, and when he worked outside in the summer, he got very tan. I'm telling you this to show that I taught my children that humans really are one race and that racial prejudice is stupid.

I have treated you as a human being. I reached out to you and welcomed you here. I believe that we need Christians of various ethnic groups posting here, attending church together, etc. In Christ there is no black or white!! But everyone has to live out this truth, no matter what color our skin is.

I know Prayer Warrrior. I've been attacked all day for supporting the constitutional right of assembly for redress of grievances. I'm sorry that I was short with you. I do apologize to you and I am very sorry. I have to go back to where I'm going to be attacked for some more hours. I have to do it though. I sense I need to be brave and to fight back. Thanks again for your thoughtfulness.