Is God Sending Republican Voters a Message?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know Prayer Warrrior. I've been attacked all day for supporting the constitutional right of assembly for redress of grievances. I'm sorry that I was short with you. I do apologize to you and I am very sorry. I have to go back to where I'm going to be attacked for some more hours. I have to do it though. I sense I need to be brave and to fight back. Thanks again for your thoughtfulness.

I understand what it's like to be attacked. I have been attacked many times on this forum. Like you, I'm all for taking a stand on difficult issues.

But you really need to think about what you're saying here. If there is anyone on this forum who objects to your "supporting the constitutional right of assembly for redress of grievances," I haven't seen it. I see some objections to your support of the George Soros-funded Black Lives Matter organization. Soros has been in the business of subverting American democracy--our Constitution--for years. If you really support constitutional rights for everyone in America, why would you align yourself with such a group?

Please don't get me wrong, I'm NOT saying that racism on this forum doesn't exist. I have seen some and have objected at times.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grailhunter

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason for COVID-19 affecting black people is not racism. They cannot blame white people for their poverty. These things are the judgment of the Lord on Canaan all the way back in Genesis 9:25.
So you think black people are descendants of Canaan? That's a new one. People who want to justify racial theories from the Bible usually say they descended from Ham. All those theories are doubtful; and I would not use such a theory to justify the history of race relations.

So how far do we go? Was it God's judgment on Canaan (or Ham) that made black people the slaves of whites in the US? Was that God's will? Were the whites justified in breaking the Golden Rule because God said black people wre cursed? Was Lincoln a tool of Satan for ending slavery?

Was the KKK (which calls itself a Christian group) righteous to lynch blacks?

Is it God's judgment on the black race that black children are born in poor areas, surrrounded by crime and violence almost from birth?

What you may not realize is that God does not punish the children for the sins of their fathers. You are misreading Genesis.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Anything that punishes the children for the sins of their parents comes a manmade system. God for the time being allows man to continue in his misrule. Thus what we could call generational curses is really the continuing of hard unrepentant hearts. There were Jews in Jesus' day who considered themselves superior because they were descended physically from Abraham. Jesus chided them, and forty years later Jerusalem was destroyed. Israel was to work for the salvation of all peoples.

The whole earth was to be blessed by the seed of Abraham. Please revisit your ideas since it is God's will that all men be blessed.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Democrats, Candidus, may be taking the Democratic vote for granted, but there's nothing in the Republicans that they see inviting.

Why not consider the Golden Rule? Let us follow Christ and love others as we wish ourselves to be loved. The Golden Rule establishes equity in law.
Yes, why complain about how blacks vote so overwhelmingly for Democrats? Why do Republicans act as if there's nothing they can do about it? The Republican Party could return to its historical roots and become again the party of Lincoln.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The protesters are not all black…certainly a diverse group and most of the diversity in the United States are fine people…but…there are subcultures…there are fanatical groups that desire chaos, anarchy, and apocalypse. They have identified a group(s) called Antifa but that is not all that is in the mix. Then there is the extreme left that drools over killing babies and protecting criminals with sanctuary cities and giving illegal aliens equal status and promoting the legalization of drug use, and teaching atheism and communism in our schools and colleges. And then there is the George Floyd Incident.

After several arrests for theft and drug possession, Floyd was charged in 2007 with armed robber in a home invasion case; he agreed to a Plea deal in 2009 and was sentenced to five years in prison. He was paroled in 2013 after spending four years at a private state prison for men located in Diboll, Texas. After his release, he became involved with Resurrection Houston, a local ministry, where he mentored young men in a Christian church community.

Mentor!!? That is a laugh! He lived a life of drugs and violent crime and spent time in prison and his full autopsy indicated that he was still full of drugs when he died….ie… Fentanyl and Methamphetamine is a very cheap and popular combination of drugs, for drug addicts.

Nearly all of the sensationalized police brutality cases over the last 40 years involved black individuals resisting arrest. You rarely here of white individuals resisting arrest. In most of these instances the police are trying to use less intrusive means of subduing the individual, rather than their guns, but wrestling, batoning, and tasering sometimes looks more violent.

If a police officer decides to physically engage someone during an arrest he is risking bodily harm to himself. There is no need for this, we should not be expecting law enforcement to risk life and limb in the performance of their duties. Of course I am talking about any officer regardless of his or her skin color. Stop! Put your hands up and interlace your fingers behind your head! If you do not and you move toward the officer…he should but two rounds in your chest. Not wrestle with you…not baton you….not taser you.

If a police officer decides to physically engage someone during an arrest he risks having his gun taken from him and he could be killed as well as anyone near by. Then the gun can be used to kill others in acts of crime and murder.

Police should not physically engage persons that are being arrested. Tasers of various sorts are ineffective particularly if the individual is full of drugs. This was the case in the Rodney King arrest where he was pumped full of drugs. Rodney King should have been shot, not beat, when he attacked the officers they should have shot him. The baton beating looked much more violent and it was irresponsible of the officers because if he got a hold of one of their guns he could have killed a few of them. The fact of the matter is, arrest time is not the ringing of the bell for a wrestling match. It all comes down for respect for authority in a civilized society.

Police brutality is a misnomer. Most of the cities where ethnic violent crimes rage, are very leftist. In the courts the charges are usually dropped for the criminal if they can prove abuse and civil courts can easily make him a rich man. Look at the settlement that Rodney King received, 5.5 million dollars. Sign me up!

But still police brutality happens, but where is the sympathy for those that put their lives on the line to protect our families and our streets. If these protesters and rioters are any example of what they have to deal with I am not surprised by their actions. “They are just upset” a statement made by Obama as he justified the rioters of Ferguson that nearly burnt the town down. “They are just upset” Even the black leaders make them look like the restless natives in a Tarzan movie…One recently saying that destroying property is not violence and it is immoral to say so. All you have to do is watch and listen to some of the interviews with the protesters to see their mentality. Black lives matter!!! What an ignorant and totally racist thing to say! If white people yelled it, it would probably be considered a hate crime. If whites raised their hands and did a “white power” sign they would be screaming bloody murder!

Law enforcement is held to higher standard as well as they should be. When they cross the line they should be fired or if unlawful put in prison. Then again, in St. Louis, New York, Detroit, Atlanta, Chicago, Los Angeles, and cities like them several dozen black men are murdered every day. Not by white men, and not by police, black men killing black men, women, and children. Black children and babies being shot in their homes or front yards by drive by shooters or gun fights. It is all a tragedy but it outlines a character that we do not want to cater to or embrace in any way. There is nothing about this that is anything but evil. And the last thing we need to do is to accept it in action or character.

As it is white police officers are 12 times more likely to shoot a white person than a black person. Headline news; Police officers in Minneapolis use force against black people seven times more than they use it against white people, according to data ... lol because the whites do not resist arrest as often….gotta watch the wording.

So this is not really about Police brutality it is more about their resentment for being punished for what they do and what they want to do. For being look down at by the majority of society for doing what they do and for doing what they want to do. They want their criminal subculture to be the culture, they want the gang rule. They want to force the majority to succumb to the gang rule and look at criminal activates as prestigious. The survival of the fittest or who has the larger gang. ie anarchy!

Last edited:
Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On April 19, 1989 a white woman was gang raped….The Central Park jogger case was a criminal case based on the assault and gang rape of Trisha Meili, a 28-year-old white woman in Central Park, New York. Up to a dozen rapists participated and she was not the only one that was raped that night, three of the victims were raped by single assailants and they were black or Latino. Meili was so badly sodomized and injured that she was in a coma for 12 days. This was a raping rage. The participants in this rape rage were not all black and nor were their victims all white…does that make it better? Does that justify it?

When asked why so many were rampaging through the park raping women that night, they said it was a “wilding” something that white people would not understand. Now this happened a long time ago, but that is not my point….”the wilding”…is my point. The behavior that they expect us to understand and accept as normal….that it is good and it is in their nature and therefore they should not be punished for it. So there is no reason for police, let them do as they wish. It is considered prejudice not to accept them and their natural behavior. This is what it is all about. Too long have people looked down on them for murdering, raping, and stealing, looting, drug trafficking, and rioting. This should be considered good and if you do not agree, you are prejudice. “They did it because they were where upset!”

Defunding the police departments or getting rid of the police? I think the vast…vast…majority of blacks would oppose this…why? Most of the blacks….black families are fine people…the vast majority. Black families…White families….Latino families, it does not matter…most are hard working, tax paying citizens that do not want their families left at the mercy of the scum of the earth, it does not matter what color they are! And it is the scum of the earth that is pushing this. (Not to mention the various subversive groups that are out to fan the fire of chaos and anarchy and the extreme leftists in congress. Our American Communist Party)

At this point with all the negatively toward law enforcement I would not blame the police if they left the cities to burn. And without the police the firemen could not safely answer any calls. “Burn it all down!” was the battle cry of the blacks in Ferguson, Mo. (Another case of a black criminal resisting arrest who thought he would not get shot attacking an officer if he had his hands up.) Go talk to some of the blacks that have families and homes there and see if they appreciated that. That town is still yet to recover. Obama’s explanation, “They were just upset.” If we do not accept what they do when “they get upset” we are prejudice. What do you bet if the home owners and families, white or black, did anything to these people, that they would be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. The criminals, the rioters, the arsonists, the looters, the murderers, given a free pass. And you are prejudice if you say they should have been prosecuted. Coddle the criminals, protecting the criminals is becoming the rule of law.

What these protesters and rioters are against….they are against morals and good people. Good black people are just as concerned about this trend as anybody else. They do not want people like Floyd invading their homes, stealing what they have worked for and raping their families. They do not want people like Floyd pushing drugs on their kids. They do not want to live in a town where their families could be attacked going to Walmart or the grocery store, or shot down in their own front yard. These rioters are made up of all races, who knows what little girl might attract their attention.

If this keeps up most of the major stores, grocery stores, pharmacies, and corporations could move out of town. What would be left? No police, few jobs, no place to buy food, or get prescriptions filled. What do you think is going to happen? These are people that have day dreams of drugs, chaos, and anarchy, where it is the survival of the fittest and ruled by gangs.

The last thing we need to do is give in to these people, or give them anything. No reason to coddle the rioters, no reason to coddle criminals, no reason to subscribe to this subculture of gang rules.

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you asked yourself, bukka, why so many blacks support the Democratic Party that consistently votes to fund a billion-dollar industry initially set up to rid the U.S. of black people??? (I'm beginning to think that you're a troll.)

The taking of innocent life is an abomination to God.
Have you ever asked yourself what would happen if the Republican Party could actually eliminate all abortions? Texas managed to eliminate most of thea abortion clinics there; and the biggest racial shift was that fewer Latino women had abortions. That means more Latinos being born. That means more potential Democratic voters. Whites are already on the way to becoming a minority; if all abortions were eliminated, they would become a minority even faster. So we see that if black and Latino women have abortions, the Republcan Party is the beneficiary. That means the white majority can hang onto their power a little longer.

You've heard of the Guttmacher Institute? I agree with them that if people were serious about wanting to reduce the number of abortions, we need to address the "lack of access to health insurance and health care." Passing anti-abortion laws that please white evangelical Republican voters doesn't work.

395-351.png

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you expect from Liberals? The Democrats are presently gloating over the destruction of America.
Don't be absurd. My opinion is this country will be destroyed by another four years of Trump. We can all see how bad things have gotten with him in office; but his supporters pretend he's not really able to do anything. Somehow other people are holding the reins of power. Why not admit it? Trump doesn't know what he's doing.

The tragedy for me is that I agree with him on some things; but he doesn't know how to get things done by cooperating with others. Everything is about him and trying to make himself look good. He's turned what should be serious discussions to reach a consensus into a struggle to prove his own dominance. He's turned the government into a circus -- and the "liberal media" lap it up since they love covering the melodrama.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not very Christian of you to gloat over people's misfortunes; is it, Giuliano? Don't be like the hypothetical right-wing preachers you're criticizing. Now, that's just hypocritical. I would expect this from the resident agnostic, but not from a Christian.
What are you saying? I am not happy to see things crumbling. I do not want to be like Lot, having to head for the safety of a mountain.

God's people are found in the "whore of Babylon" in Revelation. That's fine too. They have the opportunity to be witnesses to the ungodly and to warn them; but then there comes a time when they are told to "come out" lest they partake of the plagues went on the ungodly. That pattern is found throughout the Bible where God's people mingle with the ungodly before judgment comes.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever asked yourself what would happen if the Republican Party could actually eliminate all abortions? Texas managed to eliminate most of thea abortion clinics there; and the biggest racial shift was that fewer Latino women had abortions. That means more Latinos being born. That means more potential Democratic voters. Whites are already on the way to becoming a minority; if all abortions were eliminated, they would become a minority even faster. So we see that if black and Latino women have abortions, the Republcan Party is the beneficiary. That means the white majority can hang onto their power a little longer.

Do you not know how warped your view is??? Really? Do you think God looks at the killing of unborn babies as a political issue? How many babies in America have been slaughtered in their mothers' wombs, over 50 million now? This is 50 million lives that will never be lived--that will never have a chance to be a Republican or a Democrat or whatever else they choose to be. That choice was NEVER given to them before their lives were snuffed out...before they even lived one day!!!

All I can say is shame on you!

Edit: I just checked the stats on abortion. Here's what I found: 61,628,584 Babies Have Been Killed in Abortions Since Roe v. Wade in 1973

Source:
61,628,584 Babies Have Been Killed in Abortions Since Roe v. Wade in 1973

Last edited:

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Democrats, Candidus, may be taking the Democratic vote for granted, but there's nothing in the Republicans that they see inviting.

Permanent funding of Traditionally Black Colleges and universities? Up till the COVID -19 crisis, the lowest Black unemployment in U.S. History? No one besides Obama saying that because they are Black they cannot cut it on their own! Blacks have no morality? Do they not see something to vote for in resisting the Homosexual agenda? Opposing Drug addiction instead of encouraging it? Being for Babies and against Systemic Infanticide?
Every four years the Democrats bring out the very same promises to the Black Communities. They even had the House, The Senate, and the Presidency under Obama... what did they do for you when they had total control and power? It wasn't doing what they ALWAYS promise! Why? Because if the fixed the "problem" they would have no reason to "give" any special interest a reason to vote for them! We have spent Trillions since the Civil Rights Act, and yet, the same problems exist after 50 years! Why does Boston spend almost the most of any State on Public Education, and has the lowest Black literacy rate? It wasn't "Republican's fighting Civil Rights!" These Schools, School Districts, Mayors and politicians have been predominately Black run for decades!

cabdice owens - Bing video

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you not know how warped your view is??? Really? Do you think God looks at the killing of unborn babies as a political issue? How many babies in America have been slaughtered in their mothers' wombs, over 50 million now? This is 50 million lives that will never be lived--that will never have a chance to be a Republican or a Democrat or whatever else they choose to be. That choice was NEVER given to them before their lives were snuffed out...before they even lived one day!!!

All I can say is shame on you!

Edit: I just checked the stats on abortion. Here's what I found: 61,628,584 Babies Have Been Killed in Abortions Since Roe v. Wade in 1973

Source:
61,628,584 Babies Have Been Killed in Abortions Since Roe v. Wade in 1973
So has Republicans passing laws aboout abortion worked? I would like to see the numbers declining. I don't see how Republicans passing laws has worked. If we really want the numbers to decline even more than they did when Obama was President, we need to implement programs that work.

Do you think women enjoy having abortions? I don't. I think they feel they have no other choice. Even if abortion is illegal, many will find ways to get abortions. It doesn't solve the problem.

Think about stealing. If there is widespread unemployment and poverty, people are going to steal no matter how many laws you make. Politicians often get elected by campaigning on a "get tough on crime" platform -- and that includes both Democrats and Republicans. (That's one of Biden's problems now -- he was in favor of an oppressive law that didn't work. It was one of Bill Clinton's problems. It is a problem for Senator Kamala Harris too. I give you the names of Democrats who did it, but surely Republicans have too.) If you want to reduce stealing, you make it easier for people to find jobs so they can afford to live honestly.

Why did George Floyd try to use a phony $20 bill? I'd say it probably has something to do with the fact that he lost his job. He was still wrong to try to use it, but we also need to see this kind of crime is always going to happen if we close our eyes to poverty. I want to live in a country where it's easier to survive by being honest and lawabiding, where people don't feel so desperate they think they have to steal or use phony money. I want to live in a country where pregnant women don't feel their futures will be ruined unless they have abortions.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So has Republicans passing laws aboout abortion worked? I would like to see the numbers declining. I don't see how Republicans passing laws has worked. If we really want the numbers to decline even more than they did when Obama was President, we need to implement programs that work.

Using this logic, why outlaw any behavior--murder, robbery, rape, etc.?

Do you think women enjoy having abortions? I don't. I think they feel they have no other choice. Even if abortion is illegal, many will find ways to get abortions. It doesn't solve the problem.

I hope you know that this is a silly question. And it sidesteps the real issue, that over 60 million babies have been killed in the U.S. Don't tell me about how women feel. I probably know better than you!

If you want to reduce stealing, you make it easier for people to find jobs so they can afford to live honestly.

Lol, how many jobs have been created since Trump took office, that is, before a virus was used as political leverage?

I could tell you a thing or two about not being able to find a job.... After my husband died, there were times that my family of 4 only had the $42 per week that I made doing some tutoring to spend on food. Do you think that "minorities" are the only ones who have faced poverty conditions??

Why did George Floyd try to use a phony $20 bill? I'd say it probably has something to do with the fact that he lost his job. He was still wrong to try to use it, but we also need to see this kind of crime is always going to happen if we close our eyes to poverty. I want to live in a country where it's easier to survive by being honest and lawabiding, where people don't feel so desperate they think they have to steal or use phony money.

Ditto about Trump's jobs creation. Why not give credit where credit is due?

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Using this logic, why outlaw any behavior--murder, robbery, rape, etc.?
There are two factors in dealing with such problems. The government should do two things. Let's take rape for example. If that is a problem, the government should make sure there's good lighting. In some places, public transportation may be useful. Many men who rape women have severe mental health problems which don't get addressed. Just passing a law against rape isn't going to work. If you're serious about it, you have to address the reasons some men find it easy to rape and why they feel that way.

I hope you know that this is a silly question. And it sidesteps the real issue, that over 60 million babies have been killed in the U.S., probably more. Don't tell me about how women feel. I probably know better than you!
Have you ever helped a pregnant woman who felt she needed to get an abortion? I have.
Lol, how many jobs have been created since Trump took office, that is, before a virus was used as political leverage?

I could tell you a thing or two about not being able to find a job.... After my husband died, there were times that my family of 4 only had the $42 per week that I made doing some tutoring to spend on food. Do you think that "minorities" are the only ones who have faced poverty conditions??

Ditto about Trump's jobs creation. Why not give credit where credit is due?.
The problem you have is trying to give Trump credit for the time when jobs were being created but passing the buck when jobs were being lost. I follow the stock market. I try to follow all kinds of news that may impact my portfolio. Do you know what to expect in the future? I try to guess; and if I guess wrong, it will cost me money. I can't be partisan or indulge in wishful thinking if my goal is to make money.

I can tell you to expect more bankruptcies from smaller businesses. Some malls may find it even harder to fill all the vacancies -- that was a problem before with malls, but don't be surprised if it gets worse. Don't expect all the jobs in oil to come back -- they won't. Towns in places like Texas where their local economy depended heavily on oil workers spending in local stores will likely get hard. Where will those people in those towns go? Houston? Other states? So far as I can see, neither Governor Abbott nor President Trump has a plan for rural areas and small towns. Abbott appears to be still confused about how to handle coronavirus since the number of cases remains a problem in Texas.

So far, I haven't seen any ideas from the Trump administration that addresses the problem.

I expect to see job losses in China as American companies start seeing problems manufacturing there; but let's not be naive about it. They have cheap labor now in China; but if they move manufactuing back to the US (and I expect many will), don't expect that many new jobs out of it. Where they can get robots to do it cheaper, that's what they'll do.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are two factors in dealing with such problems. The government should do two things. Let's take rape for example. If that is a problem, the government should make sure there's good lighting. In some places, public transportation may be useful. Many men who rape women have severe mental health problems which don't get addressed. Just passing a law against rape isn't going to work. If you're serious about it, you have to address the reasons some men find it easy to rape and why they feel that way.

All of this and more is being done, so why make it sound like Republicans are only interested in passing laws. This is simply not true.

Have you ever helped a pregnant woman who felt she needed to get an abortion? I have.
Yes, I know this, and I'm glad to hear it. But you were talking about how women FEEL. I KNOW how women feel better than you.

The problem you have is trying to give Trump credit for the time when jobs were being created but passing the buck when jobs were being lost.

A fact is a fact. The fact is that many jobs have been created under Trump's administration. Do you hate Trump so much that you can't acknowledge this?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First it was the Republican town of Midland in Michigan getting pounded by heavy rain and then dams breaking with a disastrous flood. Now I see a tornado with hail the size of grapefruit felll in Texas' 13th Congressional district -- a Republican district.

If these things had happened in Democratic areas, right-wing preachers would be talking about the wrath of God. Is there a pattern here? I'm wondering now if the upcoming hurricane season is about to devastate Republican states.

I know what you mean, @Giuliano about the folks like the 700 club love to blame gays pretty much for all of our natural disasters but...a slew of strait folks, Christians and babies also had their lives taken in these disasters. My guess is...because, we live pretty much surrounded by the Pacific and the Atlantic, not to mention the Gulf and such places, are in hurricane areas so of course we will get disasters! there are sinners in every state so... Yes, God does judge Nations and I believe what we are living now with the Covid and the riots are God calling for repentance. I do not know this for sure yet, it sits well with my thoughts.
So...does God punish "states" because they are more or less sinful? I don't think so.
In Him,
Nancy

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know what you mean, @Giuliano about the folks like the 700 club love to blame gays pretty much for all of our natural disasters but...a slew of strait folks, Christians and babies also had their lives taken in these disasters. My guess is...because, we live pretty much surrounded by the Pacific and the Atlantic, not to mention the Gulf and such places, are in hurricane areas so of course we will get disasters! there are sinners in every state so... Yes, God does judge Nations and I believe what we are living now with the Covid and the riots are God calling for repentance. I do not know this for sure yet, it sits well with my thoughts.
So...does God punish "states" because they are more or less sinful? I don't think so.
In Him,
Nancy
Yes, it's very popular in some quarters to bash gays and blame them whenever something bad happens. Let me joke around a little. Maybe Trump is behind in the polls now because his campaign kept playing "gay songs." The Village People told him to stop it, so maybe he will win now he's stopped playing "gay songs."

Village People's Victor Willis Tells Trump to Stop Playing Group's Music at Rallies

Trump supporters may not be hearing “Y.M.C.A.” at his rallies anytime soon.

Following a Friday Facebook post from vocalist Victor Willis, the Village People have just joined the ever-growing list of artists requesting the president doesn’t play their music at his rallies, which already included Rihanna, Aerosmith and Prince’s estate. Willis’ request came after protesters were cleared outside of the White House so President Trump could have his photo taken in front of a church last week.

“If Trump orders the U.S. military to fire on his own citizens (on U.S. soil), Americans will rise up in such numbers outside of the White House that he might be forced out of office prior to the election. Don’t do it Mr. President,” Willis wrote. “And I ask that you no longer use any of my music at your rallies, especially “Y.M.C.A.” and “Macho Man.” Sorry, but I can no longer look the other way.”

Back in February, the group announced that Trump’s use of “Y.M.C.A.” and “Macho Man” was “perfectly legal” and called the Village People’s music “all-inclusive.” But following weeks of protests and the president’s response, Willis’ take has certainly changed.

Why would the Trump campaign play "Macho Man" at their rallies? Would Trump like to be a macho man? Is that his secret desire?

Reactions: Nancy

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you think black people are descendants of Canaan? That's a new one. People who want to justify racial theories from the Bible usually say they descended from Ham. All those theories are doubtful; and I would not use such a theory to justify the history of race relations.

So how far do we go? Was it God's judgment on Canaan (or Ham) that made black people the slaves of whites in the US? Was that God's will? Were the whites justified in breaking the Golden Rule because God said black people wre cursed? Was Lincoln a tool of Satan for ending slavery?

Was the KKK (which calls itself a Christian group) righteous to lynch blacks?

Is it God's judgment on the black race that black children are born in poor areas, surrrounded by crime and violence almost from birth?

What you may not realize is that God does not punish the children for the sins of their fathers. You are misreading Genesis.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Anything that punishes the children for the sins of their parents comes a manmade system. God for the time being allows man to continue in his misrule. Thus what we could call generational curses is really the continuing of hard unrepentant hearts. There were Jews in Jesus' day who considered themselves superior because they were descended physically from Abraham. Jesus chided them, and forty years later Jerusalem was destroyed. Israel was to work for the salvation of all peoples.

The whole earth was to be blessed by the seed of Abraham. Please revisit your ideas since it is God's will that all men be blessed.
You seem to be wanting to make white people responsible for the plight of black people all over the United States.

But there is more to it than that.

Would you argue that the Lord isn't in control with everything that has gone on in times past; and even now?

Personally, I am 1/2 Italian and 1/16 Cherokee and a degree of Norweigian. As such, I identify as white; because that is the color of my skin.

But you don't see me bellyaching about the injustices done to my ancestors the American Indians.

Certain things are simply a part of history and the blame is often placed on those who were in control in history.

But the fault does not lie in the origin of race or color in the people who perpetrated in history. If the situations had been reversed, my ancestors the American Indians would have oppressed the English if that had been the way that history had borne things out.

Because it is not only people of the white race who are sinners, it is people of every race!

Sin is a plight that is common to the human race.

And I also agree that prejudice is a sin that affects every last one of us.

We react to statements by people of another color that we are white devils who deserve to die and that we are expecting the black people to mete out the justice of God and that is why we are afraid.

Everyone deserves to die, we are all sinners and the wages of sin is death; everyone deserves death because all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

So what do we do? Create a war in which the black people believe that they are meting out the justice of God in killing white people, and white people believe that they are meting out justice in defending themselves against them?

There has to be a better solution; and that solution can only come when Jesus begins to reign in the hearts of those who are being affected by the propaganda that I am speaking of; so that instead of believing that people of another color deserve to die, they realize that they deserve to die just as much (because the wages of sin is death), but that Jesus' command to all of us is that we love one another.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A fact is a fact. The fact is that many jobs have been created under Trump's administration. Do you hate Trump so much that you can't acknowledge this?
Reread my post. I acknowledged it when I wrote, "The problem you have is trying to give Trump credit for the time when jobs were being created but passing the buck when jobs were being lost." Saying I hate Trump so much I can't acknowledge it is obviously false. Your problem may be you see only what you want to see. You are not making sense.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE="Prayer Warrior, post: 766225, member: 7965"A fact is a fact. The fact is that many jobs have been created under Trump's administration. Do you hate Trump so much that you can't acknowledge this?(/quote)
Reread my post. I acknowledged it when I wrote, "The problem you have is trying to give Trump credit for the time when jobs were being created but passing the buck when jobs were being lost." Saying I hate Trump so much I can't acknowledge it is obviously false. Your problem may be you see only what you want to see. You are not making sense.
It is only obvious that Trump was not responsible for jobs being lost; but that the coronavirus is responsible.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to be wanting to make white people responsible for the plight of black people all over the United States.

But there is more to it than that.

Would you argue that the Lord isn't in control with everything that has gone on in times past; and even now?

Personally, I am 1/2 Italian and 1/16 Cherokee and a degree of Norweigian. As such, I identify as white; because that is the color of my skin.

But you don't see me bellyaching about the injustices done to my ancestors the American Indians.

Certain things are simply a part of history and the blame is often placed on those who were in control in history.

But the fault does not lie in the origin of race or color in the people who perpetrated in history. If the situations had been reversed, my ancestors the American Indians would have oppressed the English if that had been the way that history had borne things out.

Because it is not only people of the white race who are sinners, it is people of every race!

Sin is a plight that is common to the human race.

And I also agree that prejudice is a sin that affects every last one of us.

We react to statements by people of another color that we are white devils who deserve to die and that we are expecting the black people to mete out the justice of God and that is why we are afraid.

Everyone deserves to die, we are all sinners and the wages of sin is death; everyone deserves death because all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

So what do we do? Create a war in which the black people believe that they are meting out the justice of God in killing white people, and white people believe that they are meting out justice in defending themselves against them?

There has to be a better solution; and that solution can only come when Jesus begins to reign in the hearts of those who are being affected by the propaganda that I am speaking of; so that instead of believing that people of another color deserve to die, they realize that they deserve to die just as much (because the wages of sin is death), but that Jesus' command to all of us is that we love one another.
Why did you introduce "Canaan" into the question?

The reason for COVID-19 affecting black people is not racism. They cannot blame white people for their poverty. These things are the judgment of the Lord on Canaan all the way back in Genesis 9:25.