Is God Sending Republican Voters a Message?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am putting you on ignore, perhaps for a while, perhaps permanently. Believe whatever trips your trigger.

No skin off my back; you're the only one who will pay for your decision.

All I'm saying is, anyone who has had an encounter with the living God understands that they are vile in comparison to His holiness; even as did Job and Daniel (Job 40:4 (kjv), Daniel 10:8).

The preaching of the Cross is offensive to those who are perishing (Galatians 5:11) and perhaps also to some who are not perishing; but I believe that it primarily applies to the first category.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Earthquake strikes northern Oklahoma after Tulsa Trump rally

A magnitude 4.2 earthquake shook northern Oklahoma on Saturday and was felt in parts of Tulsa as protesters filled the city's downtown streets after President Donald Trump's campaign rally.

The U.S. Geological Survey recorded the quake at 10:15 p.m. near Perry, roughly 80 miles west of Tulsa. The National Weather Service in Oklahoma said on Twitter that its staff felt the tremor in its Tulsa office, and the earthquake generated social media buzz after Trump's appearance.

It was the largest recorded earthquake in Oklahoma since a magnitude 4.4 quake in May 2019.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Earthquake strikes northern Oklahoma after Tulsa Trump rally

A magnitude 4.2 earthquake shook northern Oklahoma on Saturday and was felt in parts of Tulsa as protesters filled the city's downtown streets after President Donald Trump's campaign rally.

The U.S. Geological Survey recorded the quake at 10:15 p.m. near Perry, roughly 80 miles west of Tulsa. The National Weather Service in Oklahoma said on Twitter that its staff felt the tremor in its Tulsa office, and the earthquake generated social media buzz after Trump's appearance.

It was the largest recorded earthquake in Oklahoma since a magnitude 4.4 quake in May 2019.
We are between the two places at about 25 miles from Perry. It was a substantial jolt.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are between the two places at about 25 miles from Perry. It was a substantial jolt.
It must have been if people in Tulsa felt it; and if you're that much closer to Perry, you must have really felt it. I wonder if it's related to the fracking? Probably.

I wonder how Oklahoma is going to fare economically. I read that Chesapeake Energy will probably go into bankruptcy. I don't own stock in that, but I do in other companies I know do business in Oklahoma. I have a financial interest to hope Oklahoma returns to prosperity. I think some smaller and newer operations may shut down; but I think the larger companies will survive. As long as people aren't flying and going on cruises as much, that will mean lower demand for oil; but I read that more people are driving now, preferring that to using public transportation. That should mean a little more demand for oil. Oklahoma's unemployment rate is not recovering. Its recovery rate is among the worst in the nation. Something needs to be done just in case those jobs in oil and natural gas don't come back soon. I'd like to see some of those jobs come back (it would be good for the people there, and it would be money in my pocket too), but I'd also like different kinds of jobs being created there. Oil can't last forever. Texas is in a similarly sad situation.

There was also some bad news which could to be good news in the long term if people do the sensible thing. There's lithium in Oklahoma, and the fracking is making it turn up. It's showing up in the groundwater in some places. That almost certainly comes from the fracking disturbing things; and that's the bad news. The good news is it is possible to pump up the water used in fracking to extract the lithium. I heard a man doing research on it on the BBC, discussing how he was connecting up with oil companies so if and when he gets how to do it down pat, they'll be set to go. He was also talking about how to get lithium from sea water.

One thing seems sure to me: I did the math once on the known reserves of lithium that can be mined. I divided the amount of known reserves by the weight of the average lithium battery. There's not enough to make all the batteries people are talking about. If people want electric powered cars, there is no way mining the lithium will be enough. I'm thinking maybe the US will start getting more of its lithium from Oklahoma and Texas some day. It may also help with the earthquake and water pollution problems if that water is pumped back to the surface.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It must have been if people in Tulsa felt it; and if you're that much closer to Perry, you must have really felt it. I wonder if it's related to the fracking? Probably.

I wonder how Oklahoma is going to fare economically. I read that Chesapeake Energy will probably go into bankruptcy. I don't own stock in that, but I do in other companies I know do business in Oklahoma. I have a financial interest to hope Oklahoma returns to prosperity. I think some smaller and newer operations may shut down; but I think the larger companies will survive. As long as people aren't flying and going on cruises as much, that will mean lower demand for oil; but I read that more people are driving now, preferring that to using public transportation. That should mean a little more demand for oil. Oklahoma's unemployment rate is not recovering. Its recovery rate is among the worst in the nation. Something needs to be done just in case those jobs in oil and natural gas don't come back soon. I'd like to see some of those jobs come back (it would be good for the people there, and it would be money in my pocket too), but I'd also like different kinds of jobs being created there. Oil can't last forever. Texas is in a similarly sad situation.

There was also some bad news which could to be good news in the long term if people do the sensible thing. There's lithium in Oklahoma, and the fracking is making it turn up. It's showing up in the groundwater in some places. That almost certainly comes from the fracking disturbing things; and that's the bad news. The good news is it is possible to pump up the water used in fracking to extract the lithium. I heard a man doing research on it on the BBC, discussing how he was connecting up with oil companies so if and when he gets how to do it down pat, they'll be set to go. He was also talking about how to get lithium from sea water.

One thing seems sure to me: I did the math once on the known reserves of lithium that can be mined. I divided the amount of known reserves by the weight of the average lithium battery. There's not enough to make all the batteries people are talking about. If people want electric powered cars, there is no way mining the lithium will be enough. I'm thinking maybe the US will start getting more of its lithium from Oklahoma and Texas some day. It may also help with the earthquake and water pollution problems if that water is pumped back to the surface.
I am pretty sure the earthquakes are directly related to if not caused by the fracking, but those responsible for fracking will be slow to admit and never admit their responsibility because they do not want to pay for any resulting damages.

I did not grow up in Oklahoma and really knw nothing about the lithium here. You know more about it already than I do. I do know something about people here though...

When we lived in Ponca City OK the location of the largest oil refinery in Oklahoma the oil company [Conoco at the time] chose to buy out dozens of homes and businesses [at very nice prices] located in their part of town as well as make payments to renters in the area using a formula based on how long the people had resided in there. Their purpose was to head off those who were suffering in particular from breathing troubles and lung damage due to the fumes released to the atmosphere. Of course, they never admitted to being responsible, but anyone taking money from them signed a statement which prevented them from later coming back and suing the company. They spent a lot of money, but it was certainly less than they would have paid out if they had been sued and lost. My wife was in her worst time with here asthma then and could tell when the refinery was burning off the wastes each day. We did not live close to the refinery, but Ponca City was not that big so anyone in town was pretty close. The mayor of the city was very quick to deny the affect of refinery wastes on people with lung problems. He did know better but it was his "town" and the refinery was the life blood [still is] of Ponca City Oklahoma.

The same kind of thing was occurring with the fracking I believe. People who would be affected personally financially by the reduction or discontinuance of fracking often [usually?] could see nothing wrong with it. People not so directly affected or who were a bit more honest were on the other side of the question. Some years after my retirement in 2000 my wife and moved away from there. No one lived real close to the refinery any more, but my wife still was adversely affected by their daily burn offs. We moved 50 miles away from there.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
On the contrary, he continues to lash out at people verbally, continues to lie, continues to hide his tax returns after promising to divulge them.
1. "Lashing out at people" -- Trump would not have to do that if the media had honestly reported on their own shenanigans, the corruption in DC, and the vile shenanigans of the Democrats (which they have NEVER done since Obama took office).

2. "Continues to lie" -- this may or may not be true, but one thing is absolutely true. All the Democrats have been BLATANTLY LYING for a very long time, yet you have said nothing about their lies. Which means you actually love the liars and their lies.

3. "Continues to hide his tax returns" -- WHICH ARE NOBODY'S BUSINESS. As long the the IRS had no issues with his tax returns, the evil Democrats had no business to nose into his affairs. Just another excuse to bring down Trump.

All your attacks on Trump are essentially RUBBISH. Focus on exposing the Democrats, BLM, Antifa, Soros, Fauci, Gates, and above all Obama -- who opened the Pandora's box of lawlessness in America.

Had Trump seriously gone after Barack Obama as soon as he became president, the USA would not be in the mess that it is at present. Obama should have been behind bars for treason. He is behind the conspiracy against Trump, and all the lawlessness we see today.

At the same time and in all fairness to his supporters, Mr. Trump has failed to keep his promise to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN. He has surrendered his authority to traitors, and now to the anarchists in America.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am pretty sure the earthquakes are directly related to if not caused by the fracking, but those responsible for fracking will be slow to admit and never admit their responsibility because they do not want to pay for any resulting damages.

I did not grow up in Oklahoma and really knw nothing about the lithium here. You know more about it already than I do. I do know something about people here though...

When we lived in Ponca City OK the location of the largest oil refinery in Oklahoma the oil company [Conoco at the time] chose to buy out dozens of homes and businesses [at very nice prices] located in their part of town as well as make payments to renters in the area using a formula based on how long the people had resided in there. Their purpose was to head off those who were suffering in particular from breathing troubles and lung damage due to the fumes released to the atmosphere. Of course, they never admitted to being responsible, but anyone taking money from them signed a statement which prevented them from later coming back and suing the company. They spent a lot of money, but it was certainly less than they would have paid out if they had been sued and lost. My wife was in her worst time with here asthma then and could tell when the refinery was burning off the wastes each day. We did not live close to the refinery, but Ponca City was not that big so anyone in town was pretty close. The mayor of the city was very quick to deny the affect of refinery wastes on people with lung problems. He did know better but it was his "town" and the refinery was the life blood [still is] of Ponca City Oklahoma.

The same kind of thing was occurring with the fracking I believe. People who would be affected personally financially by the reduction or discontinuance of fracking often [usually?] could see nothing wrong with it. People not so directly affected or who were a bit more honest were on the other side of the question. Some years after my retirement in 2000 my wife and moved away from there. No one lived real close to the refinery any more, but my wife still was adversely affected by their daily burn offs. We moved 50 miles away from there.
I think I understand why politicians didn't want to do anything. They think the benefits outweigh the harm. By the time the complete risk is known, ithe harm's already been done. Have you seen a video of tapwater that can be set on fire? That was happening here in Pennsylvania. Then the lawsuits started. This isn't from Pennsylvania, but it shows what I mean. People are breathing methane when they turn on the faucet?

That methane could be used as fuel in natural gas if they caught it. My guess is it's about money. It is probably cheaper to let some of it escape than to try to get almost all of it.

It's probably a matter of time before other areas of the country develop lung problems the way your wife did. We used to ship a lot of our trash to China for "recycling." Now more and more of it is either being burnt or winding up in landfills. I think Amazon, allegedly such a liberal company, is a prime example of how unnecessary waste is produced because they can make money. The amount of cardboard and paper they use is crazy; and most of it winds up not being recycled. Companies also tend to use new plastic instead of recycling old. I know Trump doesn't like Amazon -- I was hoping he'd do something about the situation. Trash companies stack stuff up hoping to recycle it but eventually give up and burn it. I'm glad I don't live close to one of those plants.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. "Lashing out at people" -- Trump would not have to do that if the media had honestly reported on their own shenanigans, the corruption in DC, and the vile shenanigans of the Democrats (which they have NEVER done since Obama took office).
He's not in control of his actions because the Democrats and the media put him out of control. He is not a baby. He could have learned how to control himself by now instead of making himself look like a toddler throwing fits. Most of the stuff in the news would disappear if he ignored it. He gives it life by taking the bait.

2. "Continues to lie" -- this may or may not be true, but one thing is absolutely true. All the Democrats have been BLATANTLY LYING for a very long time, yet you have said nothing about their lies. Which means you actually love the liars and their lies.
I would say you're exaggerating again. I would not say "all the Democrats" have been "blatantly lying for a very long time." I have mention some lies from Democrats. You must not be paying attention. And honestly, what people did in the past doesn't concern me that much unless they are still in power. What Trump says and does concerns me more since he is the President. What he says and does is more important to me than what someone like AOC says.

3. "Continues to hide his tax returns" -- WHICH ARE NOBODY'S BUSINESS. As long the the IRS had no issues with his tax returns, the evil Democrats had no business to nose into his affairs. Just another excuse to bring down Trump.
I never asked to see them. He said he would release them. That was his business, his decision, his promise. Then he refused. He lied.

All your attacks on Trump are essentially RUBBISH. Focus on exposing the Democrats, BLM, Antifa, Soros, Fauci, Gates, and above all Obama -- who opened the Pandora's box of lawlessness in America.
When Gates is President, I'll look at him more. When Soros is President, I'll look at him more. Right now, Trump is the guy with the power. I'm not going to blame other people for his failures.
Had Trump seriously gone after Barack Obama as soon as he became president, the USA would not be in the mess that it is at present. Obama should have been behind bars for treason. He is behind the conspiracy against Trump, and all the lawlessness we see today.

At the same time and in all fairness to his supporters, Mr. Trump has failed to keep his promise to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN. He has surrendered his authority to traitors, and now to the anarchists in America.
Let's remember Trump's background. He had no political experience. He doesn't know how to govern, doesn't know how to make deals with the opposition when necessary to get things he wants by giving them things they want. He also wasn't even a good businessman. You can see that from how many bankruptcies he had. He was a con man when elected and continues to think he can con people; but it's wearing thin. Going on a witchhunt against Obama wouldn't helped Trump. Being truthful would have. I don't need anyone to lie to me. I agreed with many things Trump said he was in favor of. The sad fact is he lacks the competency to govern. He thinks the best way to get people to agree with him is to threaten or insult them. His supporters may enjoy that act of being tough at rallies, they may enjoy it when he insults people -- but it doesn't play well outside his core supporters.

I assure you that there are several Republican Senators Trump insulted who pretend now to be his faithful allies, but they secretly despise him. Some of them were afraid of Trump supporters voting them out if they continued to oppose him; but they wouldn't mind seeing him go down in flames. Some come from states where support for Trump is so low, they may do better to appeal to Democrats by opposing Trump on some issues.

Reactions: Pathfinder7

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I understand why politicians didn't want to do anything. They think the benefits outweigh the harm. By the time the complete risk is known, ithe harm's already been done. Have you seen a video of tapwater that can be set on fire? That was happening here in Pennsylvania. Then the lawsuits started. This isn't from Pennsylvania, but it shows what I mean. People are breathing methane when they turn on the faucet?

That methane could be used as fuel in natural gas if they caught it. My guess is it's about money. It is probably cheaper to let some of it escape than to try to get almost all of it.

It's probably a matter of time before other areas of the country develop lung problems the way your wife did. We used to ship a lot of our trash to China for "recycling." Now more and more of it is either being burnt or winding up in landfills. I think Amazon, allegedly such a liberal company, is a prime example of how unnecessary waste is produced because they can make money. The amount of cardboard and paper they use is crazy; and most of it winds up not being recycled. Companies also tend to use new plastic instead of recycling old. I know Trump doesn't like Amazon -- I was hoping he'd do something about the situation. Trash companies stack stuff up hoping to recycle it but eventually give up and burn it. I'm glad I don't live close to one of those plants.
Too often it is about money and what they can do legally at the moment or even illegally as long as it is not easy to catch. I would guess that in many cases historical information of the potential for trouble down the road exists. Again doing it the right or best way may cost more money in the short run. The long run problems may be unknown but even if known how many people know or care? There are too many things like this and too many other things to consume our time and efforts...

Consider the problem of tobacco [and the powerful tobacco industry], which certainly was believed to be a health problem by people long before there was firm known evidence that it cause of sickness, disease and/or death. If you have not read it you might be interested in this article covering some of the history of the 20th century:

Inventing Conflicts of Interest: A History of Tobacco Industry Tactics

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The liberal media won't give him a break, even for a second...he can do nothing right in their eyes.

With so many people against him, it is no wonder that he doesn't try to solve things by bringing them to a place of discussion...if he did do that, anything and everything that he stands for would be immediately opposed by all of the liberals in the government; and nothing would be accomplished.

Gee, this sounds like, so very familiar. Like, ya know...when Obama was in. Republicans blocked everything he tried to do...even if they themselves at one time were for the same things. The Republicans in the House and Senate spent all those years just trying to demonize him, just like you say the "liberal" media don't give him a break... Can you say...hypocrite?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Republicans blocked everything he tried to do...even if they themselves at one time were for the same things.
It does not matter what Obama tried to do or not do. He rammed through the ILLEGAL and treasonous deal with Iran and he was not impeached for treason. He also shipped billions of dollars of hard cash to the terrorist-supporting ayatollahs of Iran. After that he headed up an ILLEGAL CONSPIRACY for a coup against Trump. All those actions should have had him behind bars.

Avalon1

Jun 2, 2020
NA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It does not matter what Obama tried to do or not do. He rammed through the ILLEGAL and treasonous deal with Iran and he was not impeached for treason. He also shipped billions of dollars of hard cash to the terrorist-supporting ayatollahs of Iran. After that he headed up an ILLEGAL CONSPIRACY for a coup against Trump. All those actions should have had him behind bars.

Obama committed treason, he gave aid and comfort to an enemy of the United States when he shipped that money to Iran. According to the Constitution Article III Section III he could have been impeached on those grounds.

US Constitution Article III Section III

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.

The Congress shall have power to declare the punishment of treason, but no attainder of treason shall work corruption of blood, or forfeiture except during the life of the person attainted."

CNN - August 4, 2016

US sent plane with $400 million in cash to Iran - CNNPolitics

In addition, they said the cash delivery amounted to a ransom payment that violates long-standing US practice not to pay for hostages.

Free Beacon - August 23, 2016

Obama Admin Won’t Tell Congress How It Paid Iran $1.3 Billion

The Obama administration is withholding from Congress details about how $1.3 billion in U.S. taxpayer funds was delivered to Iran, according to conversations with lawmakers, who told the Washington Free Beacon that the administration is now stonewalling an official inquiry into the matter.

The Departments of State, Treasury, and Justice have all rebuffed a congressional probe into the circumstances surrounding the $1.3 billion payment to Iran, which is part of an additional $400 million cash payout that occurred just prior to the release of several U.S. hostages and led to accusations that the administration had paid Iran a ransom.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You forgot to mention that Obama is the Antichrist.

Meanwhile the earthquake hit Oklahoma. Will Republicans ever learn?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Departments of State, Treasury, and Justice have all rebuffed a congressional probe into the circumstances surrounding the $1.3 billion payment to Iran, which is part of an additional $400 million cash payout that occurred just prior to the release of several U.S. hostages and led to accusations that the administration had paid Iran a ransom.
Oh? Republicans controlled the White House and both houses of Congress the first two years of Trump's administration, and they couldn't conduct an inquiry into these allegations? Why elect Republicans if they are so inept? Go ahead, start talking about the "deep state" and how powerful it is. Too bad Republicans are also so weak.

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Big spike in new coronavirus cases. Big fires raging. Hmm. Sounds like a place Trump might want to visit.

Central Fire outside Phoenix adds to thousands of acres already ablaze in Arizona

Nearly 4,000 acres were aflame Monday as the Central Fire burned outside Phoenix, adding to hundreds of thousands of acres already on fire in the nearby national forests.

The Central Fire was zero percent contained as firefighters sought to protect structures by keeping the flames from spreading south. The wildfire seems to be moving north, toward the New River Mesa, according to InciWeb, the U.S. Forest Service's wildfire information site.

Fueled by dry brush and tall grass, the blaze began Saturday on state land, but it has since moved into the Tonto National Forest region as it continues to grow.

The Central Fire erupted a week after the Bush Fire took root in the national forest, about 22 miles northeast of Mesa. The Bush Fire was about 42 percent contained Monday, with 184,086 acres reported to have been burned.

As for coronavirus? Doesn't Arizona have the highest rate of increase in the number of cases in the nation? Yes, let's go there.

Trump's visit to Arizona comes amid virus surge. Some fear a fallout in his wake.

When President Donald Trump takes to a church podium Tuesday at an event organized by Turning Point Action, the conservative advocacy group based here, he will be visiting a very different Arizona from the one he last traveled to just six weeks ago.

This time around, the president is facing a spiking coronavirus pandemic that is ravaging the state with no signs of abating.

As of Monday night, Arizona had recorded 54,586 cases, a doubling of cases in just the last 15 days, and 1,342 deaths, according to NBC News' tally.

Oh and two more campaign staffers tested positive.

Two more Trump staffers test positive for coronavirus after Tulsa rally

"After another round of testing for campaign staff in Tulsa, two additional members of the advance team tested positive for the coronavirus. These staff members attended the rally but were wearing masks during the entire event. Upon the positive tests, the campaign immediately activated established quarantine and contact tracing protocols," Trump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh told CNN in a statement.

The two positive tests, first reported by CNBC, bring the total number of Trump advance team staffers in Tulsa who tested positive for coronavirus to eight.

Hours before Trump's Saturday rally, the campaign said that six staffers working on the rally tested positive for coronavirus.

Murtaugh said in a statement then that "per safety protocols, campaign staff are tested for COVID-19 before events. Six members of the advance team tested positive out of hundreds of tests performed, and quarantine procedures were immediately implemented."

"No COVID-positive staffers or anyone in immediate contact will be at today's rally or near attendees and elected officials," he said.

You think it couldn't get any crazier? Guess again. It gets crazier.

Arizona Mega-Church Set to Host Trump Rally Falsely Claims Its Air Filter Zaps COVID-19

An Arizona mega-church where President Donald Trump is set to hold a rally on Tuesday claimed it possesses technology to clear the air of the novel coronavirus.

The church is wrong, multiple scientists told The Daily Beast. The air filters that Dream City Church said it installed in its 3,000-seat Phoenix-area auditorium can’t protect churchgoers—or the president—from SARS-CoV-2.

“When you come into our auditorium, 99.9 percent of COVID is gone—if it was there in the first place,” Brendon Zastrow, the church’s chief operating officer, claimed in a video that TMZ obtained.

Luke Barnett, Dream City Church’s pastor, said in the same video that the mega-church has installed CleanAir EXP filter units. “It was technology developed by some members of our church,” Barnett said. “And it kills 99.9 percent of COVID within 10 minutes.”

“This is absurd and will not protect you,” Matthew Scotch, an Arizona State University epidemiologist, told The Daily Beast. Dream City Church didn’t respond to an email requesting comment.

The CleanAir EXP system, built by a Phoenix-based company of the same name, is a combination filter unit and sensor that works with a building’s existing air-conditioning. Clean Air EXP claims on its website that its product can “clean indoor air of allergens, pathogens, odors, smoke, mold, ozone and harmful chemicals.”

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another day, another earthquake in Republican territory.

5.8 magnitude earthquake rattles central California

A 5.8 earthquake rattled portions of central California on Wednesday.

The quake struck at 10:40 a.m. PDT and was centered about 6 miles south-southeast of Lone Pine, California, the U.S. Geological Survey said.

Lone Pine is located near Death Valley National Park about 175 miles north of Los Angeles.

There no were no immediate reports of damage or injuries, according to FOX 26.

People at several businesses near Lone Pine and Bishop told ABC News the while the shaking was "intense," they didn't see any damage.

The quake was felt widely, including some 240 miles away in Sacramento. Over 10,000 reports of shaking were logged by the USGS.

The area is solidly Republican from what I could find.

Lone Pine, California - Wikipedia

In the state legislature, Lone Pine is in the 8th Senate District, represented by Republican Andreas Borgeas, and the 26th Assembly District, represented by Republican Devon Mathis.

Federally, Lone Pine is in California's 8th congressional district, represented by Republican Paul Cook.

The area is very Republican. Cook won his last election by a 20% margin. That's more Repubican than South Carolina.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Arizona Mega-Church Set to Host Trump Rally Falsely Claims Its Air Filter Zaps COVID-19

An Arizona mega-church where President Donald Trump is set to hold a rally on Tuesday claimed it possesses technology to clear the air of the novel coronavirus.
Trouble seems to follow Trump wherever he goes. This church got warned by the Arizona Attorney General about this fantastic claim.

Arizona Attorney General warns filtration company, Trump rally venue about false COVID claims

Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich has issued a cease-and-desist letter to a Glendale company advertising that its purification system fights coronavirus. The AG has also warned Dream City Church, which hosted a rally for President Donald Trump, about similar claims.

The AG’s office says, “Clean Air EXP has advertised and continues to advertise that its air filtration products neutralize 99.9% of viruses that are ‘COVID-19 surrogates.’” Online, the company has also been reportedly saying its filtration systems neutralize 99.9% of “coronavirus,” however, those tests are based on a strain that causes the common cold. . . .

The AG warned Dream City Church, which rents out space for public events, including this week’s President Trump rally, that it may be violating the Arizona Consumer Fraud Act with false claims.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First it was an earthquake in March that made the angel Moroni atop the Mormon Temple lose his trumpet. I wonder what that meant? That surely meant something. Did you hear about it?

Now it's fire in Utah.

13K residents evacuated as Knolls Fire burns 2,000 acres

UPDATE (Sunday at 8:30 p.m.) –Saratoga Springs issues a declaration of local emergency amid damages and displacement caused by the fire. This decision was made late on Sunday night by the Mayor and the city council of Saratoga Springs.

UPDATE (Sunday at 6:30 p.m.) – 3,100 homes were evacuated as the Knolls Fire, west of Utah Lake, continues to spread. The fire has burned nearly 2,000 acres and displaced 13,000 residents, according to public information officer David Johnson.