Is God Sending Republican Voters a Message?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He became a Christian during his first term of office. And while there is a teaching that says that sanctification from that point is gradual, I believe that a general statement can be made about all of those who are born again:

2Co 5:17, Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Therefore the President is not a vile person, as you say; unless you want to identify every new creature in Christ as vile.
I cannot say I see that "all things" became new with Donald Trump. On the contrary, he continues to lash out at people verbally, continues to lie, continues to hide his tax returns after promising to divulge them. You have a low standard for people. I think when God changes someone, it's for real -- and not pretend.

I suppose that a case can be made for that. Even Job, who was perfect and upright in Job 1:1, considered himself to be vile when he came into his encounter with the Lord (Job 40:4 (kjv)).

Job 40:4, Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer thee? I will lay mine hand upon my mouth.

But when we point the finger at others, calling them "vile" we very likely have three fingers pointing back at us (see Matthew 7:1-5).
And maybe you are vile for telling me I am vile. Maybe we are all vile. So why praise ourselves the way Trump praises himself?
That is not certain; in fact the opposite is certain. A President or king is a ruler of the people; and therefore, when it says, "Thou shalt not speak evil of a ruler of your people," it is referring to anyone who bears rule in the land. But I suppose that you will continue to disagree because you want to justify your own behaviour.
By your standard, Moses would have sinining by standing up to Pharaoh. John the Baptist would have been sinning by criticizing Herod's marriages. Can you imagine someone who is holy objecting to a "ruler's" marriages?
But what can also be blamed is the fact that in these protests that have happened recently, social distancing guidelines have not been followed.
Do try not to let your mind wander so much. I was saying if the virus breaks out again after a Trump rally, he's going to get blamed for it. Instead of looking at that, you want to talk about the protests. That's true for them too -- and time will tell how many of them get sick. Some of the law officers have already been diagnosed with it, so I expect protesters will be too. But back to the topic, I repeat Trump will be blamed if the virus spikes after one of his rallies.

What news channel are you following? That is exactly what he did.
What news channel do you watch? First he said he had "total authority." A lie, to be sure. When he found out everyone knew it was a lie, he changed his tune.

With the protests, he threatened the governors that if they didn't handle them the way he wanted, he'd send in the military.

I don't think that Trump considers himself to be a dictator. He did in fact give the governors of states the leeway to do as they desired when it comes to reopening their respective states.
He didn't have a choice. No matter what he said in blustering, he didn't have the "total authority" he said he had.

Now I don't know what salary he draws from BGEA; but if it be large, is that necessarily a bad thing? Should ministers have to live lives that are less financially blessed than their counterparts in other job positions of similar responsibility?
Combined salaries from BGEA and the charity was over a million the last I could find. That's a lot of money for doing nothing except talking and being the son of Billy Graham.
Should we muzzle the ox that is treading out the grain?
What work does he do? The ox treading the grain is producing something useful for men. What is Graham producing? Nothing. Do you call raking in millions for charity and keeping a million or so for yourself work?
It just goes to show that men will speak all kinds of evil against you falsely if you follow the Lord Jesus.

If Franklin Graham receives a financial blessing for what he does, more power to him! "You shall not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the grain."
Well then, maybe we could also say drug gangs are being blessed by God.

El Chapo's daughter, Mexican cartels hand out coronavirus aid

A daughter of famed drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman and several Mexican cartels have been doling out aid packages to help cash-strapped residents ride out the coronavirus pandemic.

In one video posted on Facebook, Guzman’s daughter, Alejandrina, can be seen stuffing toilet paper and food into a cardboard box bearing slick logos and a designer stencil-style image of her father, the former Sinaloa cartel chief who is now in a maximum security U.S. prison.

The oil, sugar, rice and other items in the boxes, which the video narrator calls “Chapo’s provisions”, were distributed in Mexico’s second largest city, Guadalajara, in western Jalisco state.

Alejandrina’s handout was linked to her company, which legally markets clothing and alcohol associated with her father’s image under the “El Chapo 701” brand.

However, active members of cartels have also been courting publicity, with images and video on social media showing gang members providing succor to local residents.

Famed for brutality, including beheadings and dissolving victims in vats of sulphuric acid, the cartels also have a history of trying to win over hearts and minds of impoverished communities where they operate.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What can I say?? I don't think I label you as much as you label conservatives. You seem to have a vendetta against us.

The Holy Spirit constantly presses me not to judge others because I never know where a person is coming from or what they have been through. Just like most on here have no idea all that my family has been through, and I'm glad we've been through it because it's made me more compassionate to others.

But for you to say such judgmental, malicious things about a faithful servant of God as Franklin Graham boggles my mind. If you think that God frowns on his income being so high, then pray that he will feel the conviction of the Holy Spirit and repent.

Let's look at the facts. Close to 90% of Samaritan's Purse's revenues go to its programs for helping people. A little over 7% goes to fundraising and just under 5% goes to administration.

Here's a blurb about their mission:

Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. Emergency relief meets desperate needs of victims worldwide. Operation Christmas Child delivers more than 10 million shoebox gifts to poor children in more than 100 countries each year. World Medical Mission sends doctors, equipment, and supplies to underprivileged countries. Community development and vocational programs in impoverished villages and neighborhoods help people break the cycle of poverty and give them hope for a better tomorrow. Vulnerable children are rescued, educated, fed, clothed, and sheltered, letting them know that God loves them, Jesus died and rose again for them, and they are not forgotten.
.​
Who was denying the charity does a lot of good? I wasn't. I was pointing out that Graham is getting rich himself from it. He takes in millions and gets a big chunk of it himself. He skims his income off the top. What work is he doing himself? From what I can see, his only product is talking. He makes his living by talking.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who was denying the charity does a lot of good? I wasn't. I was pointing out that Graham is getting rich himself from it. He takes in millions and gets a big chunk of it himself. He skims his income off the top. What work is he doing himself? From what I can see, his only product is talking. He makes his living by talking.
Actually, I’ve seen MANY videos over the years where he has been in disaster-struck areas working to bring relief to hurting people.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And maybe you are vile for telling me I am vile. Maybe we are all vile.

That's what I'm saying. So who are we to judge other people as being vile, when we ourselves are just as vile?

So why praise ourselves the way Trump praises himself?

Why contemn him when he is merely a man with flaws in his character? No one is perfect except for God Himself, even Jesus Christ. Instead of lambasting him on the internet, you should be praying for him. God knows the man needs it.

I was saying if the virus breaks out again after a Trump rally, he's going to get blamed for it. Instead of looking at that, you want to talk about the protests. That's true for them too -- and time will tell how many of them get sick.

Time will also tell how many get sick after a Trump rally. And just as the protesters knew the risks and took them willingly, those who go to Trump rallies will be taking those risks for themselves.

I repeat Trump will be blamed if the virus spikes after one of his rallies.

Of course; for he is blamed for anything and everything that goes wrong from anything and everything that he does. I repeat that the man is only human; and you should be praying for him. I will be praying for Biden if he gets into office regardless of our political differences.

Combined salaries from BGEA and the charity was over a million the last I could find.

So, BGEA may very well have a multitude of employees. The Lord knows that there is a lot of work that they do. And Franklin is not raking into his own bank account the combined salaries of all of the BGEA.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, I’ve seen MANY videos over the years where he has been in disaster-struck areas working to bring relief to hurting people.

In response to your earlier posting, I will supply the videos concerning Trump tomorrow. Something has come up for me which is occupying my time and so I will not be able to post them. May you have a good day, Prayer Warrior. :)

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In response to your earlier posting, I will supply the videos concerning Trump tomorrow. Something has come up for me which is occupying my time and so I will not be able to post them. May you have a good day, Prayer Warrior. :)
Thanks! You have a blessed evening.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For myself, I shall follow Jesus Christ, the Lord. I will not follow any other "anointed" leaders who demands unquestioning obedience, such as the "anointed" leader in the White House. For me, Christ is the only anointed one to follow.

I think that God is sending Republicans many messages and that they are refusing to listen. And so God is now having the Millenial generation and the generation following that generation leave or not coming into the Christian faith. I'm not saying that Christianity will disappear in America, but that God prefers non-Christians to those who falsely profess to be Christians.
How do you think it would do better under the godless democrats? Or does murdering babies fall under the same category and kill police during demonstrations? How do you think blacks will do under communism? If the democrats have it their way America will be some form of wacky green communism. You ever see police tactics in a communist country?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd be interested to see what he was doing in those videos. Was he actually working and how long was he working, or did he fly in for photo ops and then leave the way Trump did in Puerto Rico throwing paper towels at people?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd be interested to see what he was doing in those videos. Was he actually working and how long was he working, or did he fly in for photo ops and then leave the way Trump did in Puerto Rico throwing paper towels at people?
Oh, I'm sure he was just whistling Dixie and having fun with the people dying of cholera and other deadly diseases, like after the major earthquake in Haiti years ago......... Why do you hate him so much???

Reactions: Grailhunter

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's what I'm saying. So who are we to judge other people as being vile, when we ourselves are just as vile?
I asked a rhetorical question. I don't think I'm a vile person. I may be imperfect but I do not think I'm vile.
Why contemn him when he is merely a man with flaws in his character? No one is perfect except for God Himself, even Jesus Christ. Instead of lambasting him on the internet, you should be praying for him. God knows the man needs it.
I do not think David erred when he said only those those who contemn the vile will dwell on God's holy hill. If we spot vileness in ourselves, we need to admit it too, not lie about it the way Trump lies. That is also found in that Psalm: When has Trump ever sworn to his own hurt?
Time will also tell how many get sick after a Trump rally. And just as the protesters knew the risks and took them willingly, those who go to Trump rallies will be taking those risks for themselves.
It is a little bigger than that since anyone who attends a rally has friends and family. If he gets sick, he may not blame Trump, but his friends and family could. It could be even worse than that since if someone got sick from attendng a Trump rally and infected his friends and family, lots of them could stilll blame Trump. It could cost Trump votes.

Of course; for he is blamed for anything and everything that goes wrong from anything and everything that he does. I repeat that the man is only human; and you should be praying for him. I will be praying for Biden if he gets into office regardless of our political differences.
You might be surprised how I pray. You also might be surprised at the letter I wrote to him early in his term. (I think I can find a copy of it if you want me to.)
So, BGEA may very well have a multitude of employees. The Lord knows that there is a lot of work that they do. And Franklin is not raking into his own bank account the combined salaries of all of the BGEA.
I didn't say he was getting the combined salaries. I was sayng he took an astonishing large salary himself. The figure I saw last was over $600,000 from the charity and I forget how much from BGEA; but it's over a million dollars annually.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, I'm sure he was just whistling Dixie and having fun with the people dying of cholera and other deadly diseases, like after the major earthquake in Haiti years ago......... Why do you hate him so much???
That is not an answer. Accusing me of hate is making a personal comment. It's irrelevant here. How long did he stay in those areas with cholera? How long did he spend in Haiti, and what real work did he do? Or did he fly in, have pictures taken and fly out? I'm curious.

From the following video, it looks to me as if other people were doing the work, but he flew in for promo pictures. None of his own money was being spent -- he really doesn't have any money of his own that didn't come from the church and charity. I don't see him working. His approach is to get others to give him money, get others to do the work, and then take credit. I think more highly of the people who contribute to Samaritan's Purse. They probably did earn their money "by the sweat of their brow." They had good hearts and willingly gave of their own money to help others. I commend them, not him.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not an answer. Accusing me of hate is making a personal comment. It's irrelevant here. How long did he stay in those areas with cholera? How long did he spend in Haiti, and what real work did he do? Or did he fly in, have pictures taken and fly out? I'm curious.

From the following video, it looks to me as if other people were doing the work, but he flew in for promo pictures. None of his own money was being spent -- he really doesn't have any money of his own that didn't come from the church and charity. I don't see him working. His approach is to get others to give him money, get others to do the work, and then take credit. I think more highly of the people who contribute to Samaritan's Purse. They probably did earn their money "by the sweat of their brow." They had good hearts and willingly gave of their own money to help others. I commend them, not him.

You are a sad sort of person, Giuliano. Why don't you get out and do a little good instead of spending so much time criticizing others who are doing a lot of good.

Reactions: Grailhunter

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I asked a rhetorical question. I don't think I'm a vile person. I may be imperfect but I do not think I'm vile.

That's because you have never had an encounter with the living God. If you had, you would have declared as Job did in Job 40:4 (kjv). Note that Job declared that he was vile even though the scripture testifies of him that his walk was perfect and upright, in Job 1:1.

Job 40:4, Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer thee? I will lay mine hand upon my mouth.

It is a little bigger than that since anyone who attends a rally has friends and family.

Anyone who protested in these protests has friends and family also. So they should be blamed if there is a spike in the coronavirus just as much as Trump should be blamed in the instance that there would be a spike in it as the result of his rallies.

But the media won't do that to them; because they are on the same side as regarding agenda.

Why should there be a double standard here? if people on the liberal left can rally and protest without being blamed, how is it that they do not afford the same luxury to those who are on the right? Is it not that they are enemies to that which is right?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The lunacy from the left...Ahh Ahh
The first four demands of the anarchists in Seattle, Washington..
1. Abolish Seattle police department and court system.
2. Abolish imprisonment.
3. Free college for the people of Washington state.
4. De-gentrification of Seattle, starting with rent control.
There are more demands

It looks like neither the mayor of Seattle or the governor of Washington has guts to deal with the anarchists that has taken part of the city hostage.